The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

You know that I think about it the captain's chair itself may not have the attachment point but what if there was a cable from Eugene's Attachment to an add on for stuff like that.
Amion

bertman4 wrote:
Ryujin wrote:I really enjoyed this episode, as well. The battle had a...rawness to it that the inherent toughness of the machines involved made possible. My only major complaint was how Akihiro's Graze was suddenly in a position to smash up the leg of Azee's Hyakuren with no run-up whatsoever.
Battle was exciting but fundamentally flawed. Okada really does not understand physics. Why would taking evasive maneuvers cause the ship to lose speed... in the vacuum of space? As cool as closing in under cover of "smoke" was, reversing your vector in such a short time would very costly. I had the same complaint with episode 5. No understanding of orbital mechanics or the gravity well. But I can forgive it as Gundam is not science and bending reality for drama's sake is perfectly acceptable even in hard scifi. Plus the tech is not explained well regarding Ahab reactors. It is the Minovsky particles of this universe.

Regarding Azee vs Akihiro, it sounded like she moved in to cover Amida which is shown as a pilot shot but the mobile suit was not animated for, well, budgetary reasons.

Looking forward to the next episode and more character drama which is Okada's strength.
Well, look at it this way: if you have to divert power from the Ahab toward maneuvering thrusters you don't have said power to dump into the main engines anymore. You assume they meant slow down as in bleed speed until they come to a halt like with a car. We can't be sure, but there's another option, namely that they were referring to the speed necessary to outrun the Hammerhead or the mobile suits. They could also be talking about an interplanetary cruising speed, which in space might assume a continuous gain in thrust over time. Thus, they'd be "loosing speed" as in not gaining more per not having the thruster output.

A simpler answer is that yes, thrusters can and will lose them speed if they're firing them constantly all over. It causes acceleration to come into play. I'm no physicist, but even I know it could easily cause them to end up slowing down if they fire enough energy in the opposite direction to their current vector, which could be plausible given they don't know where evasive maneuvers would ultimately take them.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Deathzealot

You know I just thought of something about this series.

Basically, I have been bemoaning that there wasn't more Mobile Suits in Tekkadan over the last couple episodes when I suddenly had a thought today that all out bowled me over. That thought: I have been spoiled. With the last couple Gundam Series having more then one or two mobile suits on the main ships it has made me forget on how it all started. A couple mobile suits struggling on against larger numbers. We see this in the original Gundam 0079 series and in one of my favorite Gundam Series Gundam SEED. In both AGE and G-Reco we have more then a couple mobile suits assigned to the ship. Oh AGE First Generation only had two at the start but they later joined a small fleet with a large amount of extra mobile suits.

I thought I share this with everyone. For it kind of shocked me.
Kuruni

(OT)
Deathzealot wrote:For it kind of shocked me.
You wa shock!? So sooner or later, Barbatos' punch would cause other MS to implode :mrgreen: .

Now when you think about it, it is set in '''Post Disaster''' verse, surely some nukes wer used...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

Deathzealot wrote:You know I just thought of something about this series.

Basically, I have been bemoaning that there wasn't more Mobile Suits in Tekkadan over the last couple episodes when I suddenly had a thought today that all out bowled me over. That thought: I have been spoiled. With the last couple Gundam Series having more then one or two mobile suits on the main ships it has made me forget on how it all started. A couple mobile suits struggling on against larger numbers. We see this in the original Gundam 0079 series and in one of my favorite Gundam Series Gundam SEED. In both AGE and G-Reco we have more then a couple mobile suits assigned to the ship. Oh AGE First Generation only had two at the start but they later joined a small fleet with a large amount of extra mobile suits.

I thought I share this with everyone. For it kind of shocked me.
That's very true, Zealot. I didn't initially conpare the current state of affairs with those other anime.

The setting does kinda make the idea of few MS expected, though.
yazi88

Regarding a earlier question/response as to why there aren't any beam weapons, we should also remember that in the 00 universe, beam weapons didn't exist for the regular forces until the discovery of GN particles, and even then only Celestrial Being had the tech. Regular Earth forces were using conventional weapons until they got their hands on the fake GN drives...

So maybe in this world, beam weapons either might be from the Calamity War, or might be a new type of weaponry in the future...
balofo

Brewers should appear in ep 11 or 12 going by the gunpla releases
Kyuzo Aoi

I watched the episode and here's what all I could say:
Spoiler
Paptimus will roll in his grave when he finds out about Naze and his...company. :lol:

And the negotiations went well, too.
I am a Gundam!
Amion

I was nonplussed by today's episode. Perhaps it was mostly the preview for next time. Seriously, that just feels forced to believe Jupiter's got a Japanese culture. Normally I don't mind, but it feels so off the beaten path, and not in a good way. I was hoping for a more unique culture likew hat we're getting from Gjallarhorn, especially with Naze's Harem.
Kuruni

Hmm, I wonder if Mika just put on tough act? Consider that piloting Barbatos was pretty harmful to him at first...

And as some already expected, the so call "Jupiter"/"Saisei" is really just a ship name.

It's pretty nice to see how Naze appear to lets Orga sort some thought he may not even realize until then. It's also nice to see Orga's coolness slip for once.

Again, Atra and Kudelia are really support each other as characters.

Look like the next episodes will have no combat either.
Dark Duel

I'm rather interested by the glimpse we get of Barbatos in the preview, in which it looks like it's been stripped down to its frame. At least, the head has.
As for the episode itself, it was mostly setup, which is fine by me. Not much to say, although I LMFAO when
Spoiler
Naze flicked Orga in the head and floored him.
That entire conversation was pretty fascinating, though. Also, Naze is like, the ultimate playboy of the Gundamverse. Makes Scirocco look like a third-rate wannabe :P
On another note, ever since Amida showed up, I've been trying to figure out where I recognized her voice from, because I know I'd heard it somewhere before. This morning I finally gave up and looked it up on ANN. This is where I recognized it from. Though I also saw a couple of other roles I recognized.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Errr... Weren't that mentioned earlier when the characters first appeared?
nacho-wan

Dark Duel wrote:I'm rather interested by the glimpse we get of Barbatos in the preview, in which it looks like it's been stripped down to its frame. At least, the head has.
As for the episode itself, it was mostly setup, which is fine by me. Not much to say, although I LMFAO when
Spoiler
Naze flicked Orga in the head and floored him.
That entire conversation was pretty fascinating, though. Also, Naze is like, the ultimate playboy of the Gundamverse. Makes Scirocco look like a third-rate wannabe :P
On another note, ever since Amida showed up, I've been trying to figure out where I recognized her voice from, because I know I'd heard it somewhere before. This morning I finally gave up and looked it up on ANN. This is where I recognized it from. Though I also saw a couple of other roles I recognized.
You might want to check the Gundam on the preview. The face is too straight; Barbato's is rounder. I think it is Kimaris without the armor. Teiwan's supposed to have a Gundam Frame, right?

I'm curious on the pacing on this series. They sure have spent a lot of time developing this characters. there have been few battles, but most of them have been very good -ranging from Mika's savagery vrs the Graze's in CGS base to the beating Tekkadan took on seven. I sure can live with this type of Gundam series. It is refreshing to have characters to care about.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Amion

It reminds me more and more of Cowboy Beebop, letting itself just coast along without bothering to hype the action. Definitely not a bad thing, though the plot had better start moving forward by episode 12.
Mythgarr

What is the mission of this anime in showing that one of the character practice polygamy and his harem seems to be happy with it?
The culture of space is scarce in resources and it's better to focus on a single man with many children from different mothers than support lots of men and lots of mothers?
Visit The Dreams
Amion

I don't think there's supposed to be anything about resources. If we take the episode at face value it's basically the sexual opposite of Tekkadan: lots of men and one key woman/lots of women one key man. It's not exact, but there's similarity. The dark skinned woman and Naze mentioned the "old days". It may be possible they had a similar starting point as Tekkadan did. At any rate he's been surprisingly friendly and mentoring to Orga in a way I was hardly expecting.
Kuruni

I say it is because resource is scarce. A man who have proved himself to be a capable person deserve them more than other, and has him sire lots of children mean his gene will be carry on to the next generation.

If you don't get it, spend your life saving money in stock market. You should learn fast enough.
SonicSP

Mythgarr wrote:What is the mission of this anime in showing that one of the character practice polygamy and his harem seems to be happy with it?
The culture of space is scarce in resources and it's better to focus on a single man with many children from different mothers than support lots of men and lots of mothers?
If he is rich, then the idea that people want to join his family isn't surprising. Like what was mentioned, if resources are even more scarce, that makes it an even more attractive proposition. It's common for kings to have a polygyny situation (one men with many women) in ancient times even if resources are scarce for the average person, who usually can't afford them. It's because kings are rich and can personally afford it in addition to them actually wanting their bloodline to survive as well as possible. Resource distribution among the population is usually uneven with some people being richer than others.

It doesn't appear to be a normal thing anyways, given the reaction of the other characters to finding it out. At least not one of this magnitude. He's just a rich guy who can afford it.

I wonder whether polygyny is more common at the start of PD calendar though? If a lot of people died in the hugely destructive war, it would be one way to encourage population growth. Even moreso if a lot of men happened to have died for whatever reason. Resource limitations may be an issue but population growth is also an important aspect to grow your economy, especially people of working age. Many countries today are entering into long term economic issues because of aging populations, mainly because the baby boomer generation is starting to retire.
Wellman

If it looks like a player, talks like a player and acts just slightly above the normal player level of honor while appearing in some form of media... I'm just going to call dude a player and move on.

Can't hate the player or the game on this one... yet.
balofo

We're getting a huge battle towards the end of the year, most likely involving Brewers