The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Outlaw

Re: Next possible Gundam anime teased

Amion wrote:That can only lead to good things, simply because of tradition break.
Ummm, no.
Novel, refreshing, or interesting sure; but different does not immediately equal good.
Remember, lets not get caught up in a destructive hype cycle here boys and girls.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Amion

Fine I'll change my phrasing. My point is a setting that's new and refreshing can only be good. The writers are going to end giving us something of their skill level the way I see it. That either means a good/bad traditional or a good/bad refreshing story. I'm hoping for something that doesn't give us the standard tropes or TRY nonsense.

I'm afraid my hype is going down a drain rather quickly, as I'm more convinced this is another Gunpla Battle series. Us aging people already get the Origin. The studio responsible for AGE and BF are going to do something their art style tends to lean toward, assuming the people involved with those works end up part of this.

Anymore news on exactly which people are working on this project or is that included in the studio reveal?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SonicSP

Kuruni wrote:Now I hope it follow one thing start by GBF-T.

Give me more official MS Girl! :mrgreen: (and animate the clothing damage too!)
I'm down with that.
Wingnut

SonicSP wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Now I hope it follow one thing start by GBF-T.

Give me more official MS Girl! :mrgreen: (and animate the clothing damage too!)
I'm down with that.
So, Infinite Stratos with MS girl armor?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, as long as it's not exactly like Infinite Stratos...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
balofo

http://i.imgur.com/bCTTYe2.jpg

clearly a shot of the suit being built/under maintenance
YokozunaBulldozer

balofo wrote:http://i.imgur.com/bCTTYe2.jpg

Now it feels more like Nagano Mamoru + Kawamori Shoji :mrgreen:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
battletech

balofo wrote:http://i.imgur.com/bCTTYe2.jpg

I'm getting a transformable feel from that pic. Some parts remind me of the Zeta.
Last edited by battletech on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
toysdream

Re: The Official G-Tekketsu Anime Thread Mk I

Not to defy Chris's edict by taking us off-topic, but in the MS Encyclopedia, Build Fighters is listed alongside Gunpla Builders and G-Reco and Gundam Age and everything else as "Another Century" - i.e. not U.C.

The way I think of it is that Turn A is a non-UC setting that encompasses multiple other centuries (including UC). So is Build Fighters, which in turn encompasses Turn A (and Gunpla Builders). Our world in turn encompasses Build Fighters, so if we're all fictional, at least we're sitting higher up the food chain. :-)

What about the new one? Plenty of time left to speculate!

-- Mark
Kyuzo Aoi

I also noticed that the palms are pointy in the retouched picture. Yes, we have Gundams with pointy hands, but they are the province of the bad guys. Now, the lead Gundam get some nice claws.
I am a Gundam!
Deacon Blues

I'm calling it now... it'll be a medieval type of setting, the factions will have these mystical robots from a time long forgotten, yadda yadda yadda. (Not really, but it'd be interesting to see)

The core block of the unit is blue (with yellow radiator fins or whatever) with the unit itself being white. Guess we'll never escape these trademark color schemes for a main Gundam. :/
Outlaw

Amion wrote:Fine I'll change my phrasing. My point is a setting that's new and refreshing can only be good. The writers are going to end giving us something of their skill level the way I see it. That either means a good/bad traditional or a good/bad refreshing story. I'm hoping for something that doesn't give us the standard tropes or TRY nonsense.
Well, I should probably apologize I didn't mean to come off as so petulant. If it's any consolation I agree that a medieval themed Gundam would be pretty cool.

On that note:
Deacon Blues wrote:I'm calling it now... it'll be a medieval type of setting, the factions will have these mystical robots from a time long forgotten, yadda yadda yadda. (Not really, but it'd be interesting to see)
And the big plot twist? They're not on Earth but a massive generation ship instead. Cue the ending where the wayward ship ends up back at Earth and both sides get a big culture shock.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kuruni

Hmmm...maybe the pilot require wearing suit of armor that act as interface and connect them to the MS (like more realistic version of Machine Robo, or mobile trace suit that actually used to fight on foot), feeding the giant mech with lifeforce/mana/bio-energy/psychic/whatever that would be call iron blood?

Of course, while males get full cover suit of armor, females get MS girl armor instead :mrgreen: (there we're, excuse to add fan service in every episode).
My girlfriend was a loli.
RyuseiDateSRX

Deacon Blues wrote:I'm calling it now... it'll be a medieval type of setting, the factions will have these mystical robots from a time long forgotten, yadda yadda yadda. (Not really, but it'd be interesting to see)

The core block of the unit is blue (with yellow radiator fins or whatever) with the unit itself being white. Guess we'll never escape these trademark color schemes for a main Gundam. :/
I was thinking the same thing. I get the fantasy and medieval vibes from what we can see of the Gundam. Would be cool and quite refreshing.
Kuruni wrote:Hmmm...maybe the pilot require wearing suit of armor that act as interface and connect them to the MS (like more realistic version of Machine Robo, or mobile trace suit that actually used to fight on foot), feeding the giant mech with lifeforce/mana/bio-energy/psychic/whatever that would be call iron blood?

Of course, while males get full cover suit of armor, females get MS girl armor instead :mrgreen: (there we're, excuse to add fan service in every episode).
Nice idea there about the suit. It's possible the Gundam will feed on something from the pilot, which would be cool.

Also, I don't mind the girls' suits showing some skin, especially on the ass and thighs area :D
Kyuzo Aoi

I guess so. The problem is certain people are demanding a female lead in Gundam, and yet Gundam is for boys and boys at heart. It would be interesting if she's an equal co-pilot to the male protagonist ala Pacific Rim.
I am a Gundam!
balofo

The inspiration might be this https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekketsu_Kinn%C5%8Dtai

Japanese Army division made of children used in WWII, most of them died

Or maybe Bismarck's iconic phrase
Kuruni

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I guess so. The problem is certain people are demanding a female lead in Gundam, and yet Gundam is for boys and boys at heart. It would be interesting if she's an equal co-pilot to the male protagonist ala Pacific Rim.
Ironically, I think if they would ever make a female lead, it will because they aim at Gundam's manly men fans. And because of that, the way they potray the heroine will NOT be in the way those "certain people" demand it, and they will find it less than pleasant (although many including me will be fine).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Vent Noir

Kuruni wrote:
Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I guess so. The problem is certain people are demanding a female lead in Gundam, and yet Gundam is for boys and boys at heart. It would be interesting if she's an equal co-pilot to the male protagonist ala Pacific Rim.
Ironically, I think if they would ever make a female lead, it will because they aim at Gundam's manly men fans. And because of that, the way they potray the heroine will NOT be in the way those "certain people" demand it, and they will find it less than pleasant (although many including me will be fine).
Well, they started making bishonen protagonists to draw in the female audience, right? I think male viewers would probably be more suppourtive of a female lead than many studio execs give them credit for. Personally, as long as she doesn't fall into horrible stereotypes and isn't excessively fanservicey (and hey, I could deal with Cross Ange, although admittedly that was partly because I didn't take it too seriously), I'd probably be happy.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dark Duel

Vent Noir wrote:Well, they started making bishonen protagonists to draw in the female audience, right? I think male viewers would probably be more suppourtive of a female lead than many studio execs give them credit for.
You can say that again. I can think of an example - albeit on this side of the pond - in which studio execs were very reluctant to move forward with (and actually suspended production of) an animated series because its protagonist was a girl, due to so-called conventional wisdom that said "girls will watch shows about boys, but boys won't watch shows about girls".
Well, they were wrong, and male test audiences reacted very favorably to the character, who not only is a girl, but does not fall into most of the typical stereotypes generally associated with female characters in animated works. (I refer, for the curious, to The Legend of Korra)
In the interest of objectivity I will point out that during test screenings, the protagonist's gender didn't actually matter to the aforementioned audience - they just said she was awesome. Which she was.

So as long as the character is well-developed and not too stereotyped, I don't see a problem with a female lead in Gundam. In fact, I would love to see that.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Unconfirmed:

Character design: Michinori CHIBA
OP: BACKON
OST: AVEX