The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Mythgarr wrote:I wonder if we have a hint from Mikazuki's inverted letters writing there...

Ein is an interesting character to follow. Maybe in the end he will become more than "not-Jerid"

Jerid could be "Not-Ein" in the future if Ein's path is told perfectly.

I think by nearing tenth episode, Mika needs to lose once or twice to make him more interesting. Orga has experienced a plan sidetracked by a traitor and keeps his cool. I wonder what would happen if Mika lose.
Considering Mika's position, losing means he dies, speaking from the in-world assumption. It also means Tekkadan would be all but defenseless against the mobile suits or Gundams, of which Chocolate-san is well on the way to getting for the grand rematch against Mika.

Of course, having him lose and still live and Barbatos not getting captured somehow would be very appreciable by episode ten, I agree. Just the how of it... we'll see. Next episode looks like a tough new battle.

Speaking of battles, if Mika continues to struggle as he has I don't see him having to lose for it to get tiring watching him fight. So far we've avoided the trouble of him curb-stomping the competent pilots, or at least pulling off some cool moves while he does it. In other words, the entertainment value remains more or less strong. How that will hold up for a ten episode winning streak does get worrisome though. Unless Okada really is just that good at writing MS battle choreography. So far she seems to be keeping the standard.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
monster

The easiest way to portray a loss without risking death is by failing to accomplish an objective. For that, they would need a target to attack which can repel them. In other words, they need to be on the offensive. As long as they're on the defensive, losing isn't really an option unless they're simply captured, which would end in an escape.
Amion

monster wrote:The easiest way to portray a loss without risking death is by failing to accomplish an objective. For that, they would need a target to attack which can repel them. In other words, they need to be on the offensive. As long as they're on the defensive, losing isn't really an option unless they're simply captured, which would end in an escape.
Right. It's still the same archetypical situation as the Archangel or White Base, unless this story is going to let them get a new ship very quickly and they can escape the vessel itself before it blows or gets overrun by Gjallarhorn's Firehelmet face soldiers. :P

From what I understand there won't be any exploding ships until the Ahab blows up. Maybe a Moby Dick System will cause it to go haywire or something. :? :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mythgarr

When was the Calamity Wars, 22nd century?

That would this make this timeline 25th century?

Feels like 300 years are wasted for this civilization, but then again, maybe that's how long to make Mars habitable for corns, dates, and humans, and seemingly no progress in genetic engineering to create "Coordinators" or "Newtypes", only human-killing cybernetics techs.

Maybe the result of authors doesn't actually realize how long 300 years is?

In 24th century, in another universe, we have had space-faring space warping interstellar ship captained by a charismatic bald man frequently harassed by prick continuum!
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

In 22th century, in another universe, we have common commercial robot with removable dimensional pocket with loaded of toys inside (including few WMDs). Many of them are outright reality-bending in nature.

Now imagine millions of that used for war.

It's already amazing how humanity can recover at all.

And newtype has nothing to does with genetic enginerring.

The period of time doesn't matter as much as how you spend it. If EA actually continue to develope The Sims it will eventually make a sequel on its own and sell that to another sequel. Thankfully they're now focus on DLC and thus humanity is saved.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mythgarr

I...I have no further inquiry, your honor. Doraemon. Heh.
Visit The Dreams
balofo

Turbines character profiles added: http://g-tekketsu.com/character/index.html

-Teiwaz is a mafia
-Mcmurdo deeply trusts Naze
-Amida is the caring first wife of Naze
-Lafter is cheerful
-Azee is calm
Kyuzo Aoi

Anyone knowing their voice actors, balofo?
I am a Gundam!
balofo

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:Anyone knowing their voice actors, balofo?
only on Sunday
Deacon Blues

Naze Turbine: Kousuke Toriumi
Amida Arca: Atsuko Tanaka (Yesssss!!)
Lafter Frankland: Yoko Hikasa
Azee Gurumin: Sachi Kokuryu
balofo

Amazing ep, I can see where the budget went.

Wondering when we will get more action since the next ep summaries don't mention any
Ryujin

I really enjoyed this episode, as well. The battle had a...rawness to it that the inherent toughness of the machines involved made possible. My only major complaint was how Akihiro's Graze was suddenly in a position to smash up the leg of Azee's Hyakuren with no run-up whatsoever.

If there's one thing I enjoyed seeing, it's the contrast between the ships' bridges. Compare the paint-chipped, worn appearance of the Isaribi's bridge to the lived-in, but clean & well-maintained appearance of the Hammerhead's bridge.

It was also great seeing Akihiro being a Guts, and how Biscuit's peculiar name gets touched on.
Kyuzo Aoi

This episode sold me with the competence of the Turbine squadron. It seems that Tekkadan needs a quick equipment change.
Seriously, the Fellini clone is voiced by a former space pirate from Bisidian, and Amida is a former Shrike team member, and Azee a former Gunpla fighter? That was unexpected. 8)
I am a Gundam!
YokozunaBulldozer

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:This episode sold me with the competence of the Turbine squadron. It seems that Tekkadan needs a quick equipment change.
Seriously, the Fellini clone is voiced by a former space pirate from Bisidian, and Amida is a former Shrike team member, and Azee a former Gunpla fighter? That was unexpected. 8)
And Ein is voiced by Sei's brother-in-law. Remember that kid who had brown hair but dyed it blue and had a score to settle with a dude that had a necromorph for a gunpla? :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kyuzo Aoi

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:
Kyuzo Aoi wrote:This episode sold me with the competence of the Turbine squadron. It seems that Tekkadan needs a quick equipment change.
And Ein is voiced by Sei's brother-in-law. Remember that kid who had brown hair but dyed it blue and had a score to settle with a dude that had a necromorph for a gunpla? :D
Who happens to lead Tekkadan now in this episode.

By the way, the Fumina-lookalike is voiced by the same voice actress as Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw. Does Lafter's design remind you of Juliet?
I am a Gundam!
domino

Wow, wow, wow, WOW!

I loved Mika's "Let's settle this" at the end. It was definitely inline with his merciless attitude in previous episodes. Seriously, Heero and Setsuna have NOTHING on this kid!
zetatype

DAMN that was one hell of a fight and easily the best one so far for IBO. So next week it seems we will see a little bit of fighting on the ship, but it'll probably be mostly a breather episode.
Outlaw

zetatype wrote:So next week it seems we will see a little bit of fighting on the ship, but it'll probably be mostly a breather episode.
Yeah, they'll probably rewind a bit to show us what the boarding party was up to.

The Hyakuri and Hyakuren looked super slick animated, the Hyakuri in particular really sold it's design well.
I think Fumitan may end up being my favorite operator/comms officer. Cool, in control, and totally rockin' those specs. 8)
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
iguanaman8989

I'm just a little bit suspicious of Fumitan. Something just seems off, she seems too capable to me.
Meh, I'm sure it'll come up before too long, whether or not her loyalties lay where they seem to so far.