Gundam projects

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: Gundam projects

Maybe we will finally see a living space whale, turn out that the fossil was just a stillborn, the real thing is as big as Shin Dragon. It's sentient, gentle, and extremely intellect. And it seek Kira for being "perfect lifeform" or something like that. XD
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

Kira, your father, in his infinite wisdom, spliced your DNA with a space whale's from the fossil of Evidence 01. These lowly beings aren't worth your time. Join me, and together we can eliminate war throughout the galaxy. Through conflict! But without killing anyone...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
latenlazy

Re: Gundam SEED movie greenlit plus other Gundam projects

Kuruni wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Jesus Christ. Has it really been a decade?
Onore Dikeido! :mrgreen: (sorry, can't resist)

Wait, that make sense...
*facepalm* hahahahah
Amion wrote: Kira, your father, in his infinite wisdom, spliced your DNA with a space whale's from the fossil of Evidence 01. These lowly beings aren't worth your time. Join me, and together we can eliminate war throughout the galaxy. Through conflict! But without killing anyone...
Now I REALLY want the movie to happen, just to keep the snark going :D
ShadowCell

that's ridiculous. you're ridiculous. you're all ridiculous.

clearly Kira was sent into space by his father Jor-El to escape the destruction of Krypton and...
toysdream

Shhh! I'm trying to concentrate on my theory about how the space whale was fabricated by the ELS so that future generations would be inspired to create Innovator-type humans through genetic engineering.

-- Mark
Wingnut

toysdream wrote:Shhh! I'm trying to concentrate on my theory about how the space whale was fabricated by the ELS so that future generations would be inspired to create Innovator-type humans through genetic engineering.

-- Mark
Welp, you just loaded a round into my headcan(n)on with that one.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Re: Gundam SEED movie greenlit plus other Gundam projects

Henyo wrote:question is what else is there to tell in the CE Universe?
In all seriousness, Destiny's ending was pretty similar to Seed's in that they ended the war by killing the leadership on all sides and bludgeoning everyone else into stopping. Destiny showed how successful this was the first time around: it got people to call it quits just long enough to recover and rearm. While Lacus & co seem to be taking a more direct hand in governing the PLANTs at the end of Destiny (instead of fading into the background like they did at the end of Seed), it still seems unlikely that they'll be able to keep a lid on the Natural-Coordinator violence indefinitely. There's enough lingering resentment on both sides that something's going to given eventually, and there's plenty of room for a story there.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Dark Duel

So in other words, retreading the same old story for a third time. It makes sense, though I think I'll probably pass on this one.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Henyo

i mostly connect space whales to Doctor Who nowadays. hey, maybe that kind of space whale could work for the Cosmic Era world..
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
monster

Dark Duel wrote:So in other words, retreading the same old story for a third time.
Just because SEED and SEED Destiny involved the some of the same/similar players does not mean that they told the same story. It's like WW1 and WW2.
LightningCount

I hope the movie does happen eventually. I'm interested to see how the events of Destiny shaped or shifted the characters' outlooks on the central conflict, especially Shinn and Athrun. The former let tragedies and anger tragically manipulate him away from his full potential as a person, while the latter was seemingly developing a more pragmatic and nuanced view of the conflict even as he was left with no choice but to team up with Kira and company.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Kuruni

Amion wrote:Kira, your father, in his infinite wisdom, spliced your DNA with a space whale's from the fossil of Evidence 01. These lowly beings aren't worth your time. Join me, and together we can eliminate war throughout the galaxy. Through conflict! But without killing anyone...
Maybe everything actually work fine...until another Da Flaga's clone (and this one is ultimate coordinator too!) appear and mess with the whale's mind.
Ryujin

Kuruni wrote:Maybe we will finally see a living space whale, turn out that the fossil was just a stillborn, the real thing is as big as Shin Dragon. It's sentient, gentle, and extremely intellect. And it seek Kira for being "perfect lifeform" or something like that. XD
The space whale requires a mate to propagate the species, and Kira fits the bill.

As for the size discrepancy, let me point out the existence of creatures such as the Anglerfish.

The events of Seed & Destiny were simply part of a complicated plot by the space whales to produce said mate.

In fact, space whales were responsible for propagating life on Earth. What's that about Panspermia? Yes, that's right. Comets are frozen space whale, er, seminal fluid. That's why the Oort Cloud's so large--there's really not much for the space whales to do for 3+ billion years and it all added up. Unfortunately, it's all stale & useless for female space whales, as the male space whales got all distracted by the different forms of electromagnetic radiation emanating from the third planet these past few centuries and entered a dormant, trancelike state likened to a starchy tuber resting on an amply stuffed cushion.

It was at this point that the females took steps to ensure the continuation of the species with the creation of the infamous space whale fossil. Unbeknownst to its discoverer, the fossil was covered with a virus that left humans susceptible to space whale mind control. The subsequent events in Seed & Destiny was female space whale keikaku doori (tl: 'just as planned'). Oh, and it was also a way to get back at the humans for turning the male space whales into couch potato NEETs.

And now the movie will document the culmination of the space whale conspiracy, as well as the proverbial wrench in its gears (and by that I mean Lacus, candidate for QUEEN OF THE SUNRISE-VERSE, but that is a tale for another movie which will involve a sing-off with Ange Ikaruga Misurugi at some point--she's another of the candidates, btw).
Strike Zero

I, for one, welcome our new space-whale overlords.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Henyo

how could i have not mentioned Hakugei densetsu? its version of Moby dick would work quite well in the CE universe!
Spoiler
MOBY DICK IS A PLANER BUSTER FEDERATION WEAPON! one of the main characters is the trigger for it going KABLOOEY! if you want a SEED character to make a sacrifice his is yer chance. :twisted: but you know, this kind of weapon fits ZAFT more...
Last edited by Henyo on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
degwin_zabi

From what I know, Kira doesn't kiss Lacus throughout the shows, so I think I speak for everyone when I ask whoever the movie's production team is, "Please let them kiss." I understand that some things don't always have to be about romance, but it helps enrich characterization. Not that I'm asking for a surprise scene like from The Deathly Hollows Part 1 where Ron and Harry saw a rather explicit vision. Even my sister was freaked out by that part. Anyway, if we get more info on Evidence 01, maybe it will be like The Voyage Home only instead of a space probe unintentionally putting Earth at risk for trying to communicate with an extinct species of intelligent whale, it will be sort of the other way around.
Kuruni

Shh...forget kiss. Give them a scene on same level with Flay's scene from SeeD instead.
SonicSP

You know, I'm surprised they haven't actually made a Seed movie yet considering how popular it is. I know there have been some issues in relation to staff and all that but I don't feel like that would have stopped Sunrise from trying to make money off it after all these years.
degwin_zabi

Kuruni wrote:Shh...forget kiss. Give them a scene on same level with Flay's scene from SeeD instead.
Sounds too grown up, even for Gundam. Well, depending on what mature rating each show has, anyway. Why do you think I mentioned The Deathly Hallows Part 1, anyway? Not that wouldn't mind such a thing a Rated M RPG. :wink:
degwin_zabi

I don't know if this is the right topic to say this, but since it says "Gundam projects", I think I'll take a gamble with talking about other possibilities they can do if no one minds.

I'm somewhat thinking they should go back to 00 to resolve Setsuna's half-human situation. Maybe make a sequel that introduces Gundam viewers to that universe's Milky Way. But that's just a thought.

Also, if they ever make a movie about AGE, I think it will be a little like Char's Counterattack with some diehard Vagans and such.

Other than those, I'd appreciate more dubbings.

Thoughts? And please tell me this was appropriate.