Aquarion Logos

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

User avatar
YokozunaBulldozer
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Aquarion Logos

Post by YokozunaBulldozer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 pm

New TV Series Aquarion Logos will begin airing on July 2015.

<Synopsis>
The theme of the show is "characters(as in A, B, C)".
In a world where social networking has become widespread, meaningless characters have increased.
And the Logos world, known as a world of characters, have strange phenomenons happening that also affect the real world.
It is up to Haibuki Akira and the sousei club members to face this crisis while pursuing the meaning within the characters.

<Main Cast>
Haibuki Akira: Shimazaki Nobunaga (Madanbashi Koichi from Daimidaler)
Tsukigane Maia: Sakura Ayane (Kunato Mozuku from Knights of Sidonia)
Kikogami Kokone: Chigusa Haruka (Mina Forte from Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy)
Kujyo Hayato: Umehara Yuichiro (Wakasa from Orenchi no Furo Jijyo)
Domon Tsutomu: Asai Takayuki (Japanese dub of Snotlout Jorgenson from How to Train Your Dragon)
Uminagi Karan: Ozawa Ari (Lady Gai(Getter Robo Gai) from Robot Girls Z ONLINE)
Kenzaki Subete: Adachi Yuto (Toyotomi Hideyoshi from Nobunaga The Fool's theatrical play adaptation)*voice actor debut

<Theme song artists>
Opening: May’n
Ending: Chigusa Haruka

<Main Staff>
Original creator: Kawamori Shoji, Satellite
Director: Sato Eiichi
Assistant Director: Tsukushi Daisuke
Music: R.O.N
Character Design: Mamezuka Takashi
Sub-character and Prop Design, Chief Animation Director: Nishino Ayana (C2C)
MJBK Design: Miyazaki Shinichi
Mecha Design: Stanislas Brunet, Ikeda Yukio
Sound Director: Shimizu Youji
Cgi Director: Goto Hiroyuki
CG Producer: Takashi Aotani
Monitor Graphics: Ishikawa Hiromitsu
Art Setting: Fujise Tomoyasu (Headworks)
Art Director: Morimoto Shigeru (Atelier Rourke 07)
Original Costume Design: Ebata Risa
Original Creators: Shoji Kawamori
Main Animator: Oda Takeshi (C2C), Shimojyo Yumi (C2C)
Mecha Prop Design: Takakura Takeshi
Calligraphy Design: Sakurai Takahiro
Director of Photography: Takayama Yuichi
Color Design: Takagi Masato, Teguramori Sakiko (TripleA)
Edit: Kaneshige Ryoko
Music: R・O・N
Music Production: Flying Dog
Sound Direction: Shimizu Hiroshi
Sound Production: Kaga Electronics, TFC(Touhokushinsa Film Corporation)
Animation Production: Satellite, C2C
Production: Project AQUARION LOGOS
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER

User avatar
Deacon Blues
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Deacon Blues » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Oh goody... so Japan will basically poke fun at itself for coming up with words/characters that are nonsense and what not. Brilliant.

And here I thought we'd have an Aquarion show without that orgasmic sounding (and highly annoying) KIMOCHIIIII~ :/

User avatar
Destiny_Gundam
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Canada, eh.
Contact:

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Deacon Blues wrote:And here I thought we'd have an Aquarion show without that orgasmic sounding (and highly annoying) KIMOCHIIIII~ :/
But then it wouldn't be a true Aquarion show.

Anyways, I'm not to thrilled by the look of the show. I'll still watch it, of course, but I'm more excited about that EVOL OVA.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

User avatar
Kyuzo Aoi
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Kyuzo Aoi » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:51 pm

I notice in the cast that the girl who voiced Chiyo from Nozaki-kun is in the cast.
I am a Gundam!

Henyo
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Henyo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:35 am

Oh Woe is me! there's a new Aquarion and i have yet to watch the original.(i'm like this with original series and there sequels.) OH WELL! still gonna watch it.
on a off, yet related side note: which version would you recommend to watch for the original Sousei? sub or dub
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

User avatar
Destiny_Gundam
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Canada, eh.
Contact:

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:43 am

I don't remember there being any particular problems with the dub, so the choice is yours.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

User avatar
Raikoh
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Raikoh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 am

New female lead reminds me of Yokoi from Tonari no Seki-kun. Fused with Zess.

On the one hand, I think the concept sounds interesting and the soundtrack feels a lot more urban than the earlier Aquarions (and I like that idea!), and switching over to two-person combiners might be a fresh change (especially since two-seaters are a bit rarer than three-seaters). On the other hand, no Akino and no Kanno is a really weird direction, the character designs (from what we've seen) suffer from a lot of "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACE" and lead person in charge of the script... Well, let's say his previous work doesn't inspire much confidence.

All in all, Evol sort of has me coming in with lowered expectations, I suppose. So I'll be happy just to have more weird attacks and strange metaphors I guess. Also... Fudo BEN? I dunno. Hopefully he won't be a jerk like Zen. Hopefully the new lead isn't a lizard's reincarnation or something.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE

Henyo
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Henyo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:34 am

no AKino? Dayumn. just when i've gotten used to Akino songs!

this here is an amusing news:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... all/.86407

makes me wonder if satelight really did put in bragging rights along the compensations.(or just the translation fudging.)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

User avatar
Wellman
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Wellman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:11 pm

I watched the first few episodes of Aquarion and dropped it. Kind of hated the characters.

Watched all of Aquarion EVOL and found myself hating half of the main cast of characters and disliking the main couple and ultimate reveal but being ok with it enough to stick it out.

I'll watch this or at least give it a shot with hopes its mecha battles are good and that this time I will only hate a quarter of the cast and hopefully the main love story or triangles won't have me yelling WTF was that.

Henyo
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Henyo » Fri May 08, 2015 6:02 am

new news for Logos!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ayn/.87931

May'n is good! but i still want AKINO for an opening! here's to the second opening. if logos will be 20+ episodes.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

User avatar
YokozunaBulldozer
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by YokozunaBulldozer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:47 pm

So I saw the first two eps and boy is this VERY tokusatsu.
I was not sure if I was watching a super sentai show or not because the way the bad guy boss was manipulating kanji to bring chaos felt like something bad guys from typical super sentai shows would pull off.
It also had hints of Metalder(one of the source materials for VR Troopers) from the antagonist boss as well.
Also, why do I have the feeling the staff was binge-watching Kamen Rider Kabuto during production?
Kaibuki Akira the protagonist is very much like Tendo Souji, the titular protagonist of that show.
The guy is pretty much anime Chuck Norris and I just think it is funny.
Overall, not bad. I do like how it feels different from the first two.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER

Henyo
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Henyo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 am

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So I saw the first two eps and boy is this VERY tokusatsu.
I was not sure if I was watching a super sentai show or not because the way the bad guy boss was manipulating kanji to bring chaos felt like something bad guys from typical super sentai shows would pull off.
It also had hints of Metalder(one of the source materials for VR Troopers) from the antagonist boss as well.
Also, why do I have the feeling the staff was binge-watching Kamen Rider Kabuto during production?
Kaibuki Akira the protagonist is very much like Tendo Souji, the titular protagonist of that show.
The guy is pretty much anime Chuck Norris and I just think it is funny.
Overall, not bad. I do like how it feels different from the first two.
agreed. but the tokusatsu i recall from Logos is Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.(Power Rangers Samurai) MOJIKARA! Sougon as God Neros/Grimlord...not really seeing it comrade.(and i just finished Metalder some Two months ago.)

Akira is still ok for me despite being a Stu.(love that Saviour Man joke.)

Two piece Aquarion Gattai is kinda weird though. anyone else Noticed the Aquarion EVOL character cameos in one background scene?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

Zeonista
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: in ur colony, steelin ur gundam

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Zeonista » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:22 pm

I am not a big Aquarion fan, but so far the show has opened big and had fun doing it. It's a nice backup to some of the other anime I am watching and the sop to my mecha fandom over the summer.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde

Mythgarr
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Mythgarr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:43 am

This Aquarion is trash. The art is annoying, the storyline is stupid, and the execution is poor. And I love EVOL with all of its quirks!
Visit The Dreams

User avatar
Soma Taozi
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Soma Taozi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:53 am

I haven't watch more than the first episode...for several reasons. Firstly, the main character's constant "I am the savior" was annoying and I have a huge issue with the token Loli character that was shown in the opening...it just seems so hamfisted and forced. Especially after the OVA which gave good focus and resolved some issues from Evol with Yunoha...I know we never saw Logos' loli character in the first episode, but the presentation of her in the opening erked me...and just looked so baity to me...

This might seem a little harsh and my sentence structure kind of sucks right now, but I really don't care since no one seems to be watching Logos on mechatalk...or at least enjoying it.

Additionally, I cannot get past the fact that the are fighting words...and that the secret organization is in a cafe. We go from secret organization in a post-apocalyptic setting, to a school that does battle against an enemy planet...to an maid/anime cafe...It just feels like a downgrade. Which given what I have seen about Logos on different forums, seems to be the consensus, it is a downgrade from the previous two series.

I enjoyed Evol a lot more than the original despite how the second half was much weaker than the first, I still think that first half of Evol trumped everything the original did (with maybe the exception of the original's final 2-4 episodes).

Logos annoyed and bored me in its first episode. Unless people start raving about it, I am going to give it a pass.

User avatar
Destiny_Gundam
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Canada, eh.
Contact:

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Soma Taozi wrote:I know we never saw Logos' loli character in the first episode, but the presentation of her in the opening erked me...and just looked so baity to me...
I'm not quite sure what your issue with her is, but she appears in the 3rd episode.
Spoiler
Show
Her name's Karan and she has the "verbalization" powers the others do. Her mother allows her to be a vector pilot in order to help her idol career. It eventually comes to light that her mother is making Karan become an idol because the mother couldn't. Karan eventually tells her mother she doesn't want to be an idol, she wants to be a voice actress.
Soma Taozi wrote:This might seem a little harsh and my sentence structure kind of sucks right now, but I really don't care since no one seems to be watching Logos on mechatalk...or at least enjoying it.
I like it okay, but I'm not particularly inclined to comment episode by episode.
Soma Taozi wrote:Additionally, I cannot get past the fact that the are fighting words...and that the secret organization is in a cafe. We go from secret organization in a post-apocalyptic setting, to a school that does battle against an enemy planet...to an maid/anime cafe...It just feels like a downgrade. Which given what I have seen about Logos on different forums, seems to be the consensus, it is a downgrade from the previous two series.
The word monsters are actually one of the more interesting aspects of it. But yeah, it doesn't feel very "Aquarion-y." Modern setting, two people gattais, no Element powers, and so far it takes itself much too seriously and is missing the silliness of the past shows.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

Iris Scope
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Iris Scope » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Given that this is my first Aquarion show, i seem to be treating it with more optimism than most. Even though Akira is kind of bland, the rest of the cast have their own bright spots.
Spoiler
Show
I'm willing to bet dollars to pesos that Kokone will at some point go to the other side due to her increasing possibility of losing Akira to Sougon lapgirl Maia. :mrgreen:

Henyo
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Henyo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 am

as mentioned by YokozunaBulldozer, this Aquarion has elements of a Tokusatsu. and the themes there can be SO WAY out there.(METAL AFRO!) the cafe as a base of operation isn't new in a mecha series. Abaranger(its power rangers copunterpart had Doctor O's hidden Laboratory.) has the Dino Curry.

and at least they haven't put in talking mechas with big cartoony eyes.(Go-onger/RPM)

the silliness so far is limited to Akira and Maia's Heart pose. reminds me of G Gundam every time.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

User avatar
Soma Taozi
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Soma Taozi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 am

Henyo wrote:as mentioned by YokozunaBulldozer, this Aquarion has elements of a Tokusatsu. and the themes there can be SO WAY out there.(METAL AFRO!) the cafe as a base of operation isn't new in a mecha series. Abaranger(its power rangers copunterpart had Doctor O's hidden Laboratory.) has the Dino Curry.
When I was a kid I used to read the Gate Keeper Manga and that setting for the secret base was under the school. What I was trying to say is that, I have less of a problem with the concept itself and more how it compares to the base of operations in the previous Aquarion series...
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Soma Taozi wrote:I know we never saw Logos' loli character in the first episode, but the presentation of her in the opening erked me...and just looked so baity to me...
I'm not quite sure what your issue with her is, but she appears in the 3rd episode.
Spoiler
Show
Her name's Karan and she has the "verbalization" powers the others do. Her mother allows her to be a vector pilot in order to help her idol career. It eventually comes to light that her mother is making Karan become an idol because the mother couldn't. Karan eventually tells her mother she doesn't want to be an idol, she wants to be a voice actress.
.
So...she is the idol version of Honeybooboo? :shock:

Joking aside, I think I am going to let Logos play out and see what people think after everything is said and done. No use watching something just to complain about it every week! I will see what people think after the show wraps up. Maybe I was just too harsh on it...(which is always a possibility)

User avatar
Raikoh
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: Aquarion Logos

Post by Raikoh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The word monsters are actually one of the more interesting aspects of it. But yeah, it doesn't feel very "Aquarion-y." Modern setting, two people gattais, no Element powers, and so far it takes itself much too seriously and is missing the silliness of the past shows.
I'd have to disagree with you there, Logos feels more silly than either of the earlier Aquarions, but it's more downplayed. Scenes like the Milkman and Aquariphone give it this atmosphere that it's embracing more goofy elements. It makes the ideas like the base of operations being a cafe seem like a deliberate tongue-in-cheek decision.

Plus I love the gimmick of rearranging radicals in kanji for the powers, since it has more versatility and is easily more interesting than the Element abilities simply being standard superpowers.

I'm sort of ambivalent towards most of the cast but I don't dislike them. Akira definitely has more charisma than Amata, at least. But a box of crackers has more charisma than Amata. The biggest disappointment in Akira is that it seems like Shimazaki is having a hard time wrapping himself around the role, since he doesn't seem to be putting in as good a performance as he did playing Souji or Suna or even Kouichi.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE

Post Reply