The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Fifth verse, same as the first.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Lord Dearche

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

One thing people aren't mentioning much is that technically, Lucas DID win the fight. He simply lost the round due to the time out.

Though to quote a friend, (Even thuogh he's often a total ass)

Actually giving it a look over, I find it hilarious they invented a new mechanic just so Lucas could lose.

The tragedy of fuel-less nuclear reactors from GSD lives on.
Strike Zero

How did you manage to come to that conclusion? Even if there hadn't been a time limit, Lucas' Gunpla was still decisively defeated by Wildfrid's.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mattro

I knew the fight was going to be disspointing for me going in. Since i wanted to see Full Cloth smash some GA. but i knew that wasn't going to happen. Lucas did do some damage which was cool.

but man the fight in the episode kinda sucked I'd say weakest fight in the series considering its supposed worth of it (semi finals should be better). There was one or two cool scenes but, Hit and Run for the whole fight? boring, ends with big blue explosion, End Credit song, we see after math, Lucas loses.
balofo

Full Cloth was barely animated...

It was just a brick, only cool part was the Anchor/Knife attack.

Next ep also appears to have no budget, really Sunrise?
Mattro

>barely animated
kinda sad really, if they didn't want to animate the Full Cloth why not have the cloth break off? Crossbone X1 itself isn't that crazy of a design. I mean they destroyed its peacock smasher right off the bat why not the crazy armor parts as well?
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:How did you manage to come to that conclusion? Even if there hadn't been a time limit, Lucas' Gunpla was still decisively defeated by Wildfrid's.
It's more like both were still raring to go... but then BAM, the Full Cloth fell over. No seriously, that's what happened. Why? :? Maybe it was that Lucas was like "Bruh that was so cool and intense. So f' this, I'll hand to you we're out of time anyway"?
Lord Dearche wrote:One thing people aren't mentioning much is that technically, Lucas DID win the fight. He simply lost the round due to the time out.

Though to quote a friend, (Even thuogh he's often a total ass)

Actually giving it a look over, I find it hilarious they invented a new mechanic just so Lucas could lose.

The tragedy of fuel-less nuclear reactors from GSD lives on.
Like I said, unnecessary perma Discharge System.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Strike Zero

Two fighters deliver simultaneous decisive blows, both stand stock still in the wake of it, then the damage catches up to the loser and he falls. That's a pretty standard Japanese action convention. You've never seen that happen before, ever? :?:
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:Two fighters deliver simultaneous decisive blows, both stand stock still in the wake of it, then the damage catches up to the loser and he falls. That's a pretty standard Japanese action convention. You've never seen that happen before, ever? :?:
You should help me shape my backlog, b/c I have a lot to catch on, heh.

Yes, I get that's drama, but c'mon, that's no fun. :P

balofo

How bad will the remaining eps be?

shudders...
Strike Zero

I dunno, man, but you should probably have some Prozac ready to hold you over.
balofo

Try will end up as a bad Gundam show no matter what its fans say.

I hear Destiny, 0083, AGE, IGLOO, 08th, ZZ calling you guys :)
gunform1010

balofo wrote:Try will end up as a bad Gundam show no matter what its fans say.

I hear Destiny, 0083, AGE, IGLOO, 08th, ZZ calling you guys :)
:roll: 08th? What the hell?

AmuroNT1

You know, if you're just going to start outright insulting people because they're enjoying the show, then maybe you shouldn't be posting in this topic anymore.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Bryant Molirse

First page of a new thread, quick hurry, and fill it with negative comments! Seriously, give it a rest.

This was a really good episode, I enjoyed the fight, and the final conclusion, while after the credits was pretty clear. Anyone who has seen a japanese samurai movie, or even kill bill, has seen this type of ending.

As for the particle issues, the best I have devised betweeen Build Fighters, and Try is the kits are constantly being charged from the system, but attacking, and such uses up the stored particles, and they take time to regen. Lucas sped this process up by using his team mates to refuel quickly with their stored particles. The same principal works for the RG system, and all. The machine retains more particles, then releases them at a higher rate. This why we don't see one super move after another, or why everyone isn't in trans-am all the time, it cause the machine needs time to build enough particles to use them.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
balofo

WTF AmuroNT1 you and others shi** on FT all the time and I accept your opinions. I agree the FT story is ridiculous as f*** but I like the setting and the new MS.

Strike Zero called me a depressive loser first and the general opinion on the Western fandom is that Try is bad, I see nothing ridiculous on my opinion on Try
gunform1010

Never mind that, why the hell did you just give the finger to 08th? Western fans hated 08th? I don't recall that at all.

killmikekill

At the end of the day, this is an animated show devoted primarily to selling plastic model kits to children. Hopefully, we can either enjoy the series or find something else where we can find that enjoyment that this series isn't providing you.
gunform1010

killmikekill wrote:At the end of the day, this is an animated show devoted primarily to selling plastic model kits to children. Hopefully, we can either enjoy the series or find something else where we can find that enjoyment that this series isn't providing you.
Or for people like me, managing to have cool battles to replicate in stop motion. Hahahaha.

Strike Zero

Fine, fine, my harmless jab was unwarranted. But then, we can easily say the same about yours.
gunform1010 wrote:Never mind that, why the hell did you just give the finger to 08th? Western fans hated 08th? I don't recall that at all.
We are not going there, because this isn't the thread for it. If you're interested in his thoughts on 08th, send him a PM.