The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

I will only give it a chance if:
-New protagonist or Sei/Reiji/Meijin come back as protagonists
-1 VS 1
-Director from season 1 is back or they get a new competent director
-Has budget

if all these 4 don't come true, I'll skip directly to the battles in each ep.
gunform1010

Dark Duel wrote:I, for one, would NOT prefer them starting over AGAIN with another new cast. I'd rather see the cast we have in Try move on to the open/world tournament. And then they could possibly feature guest appearances by characters from S1 - not in a prominent role, necessarily, but maybe as supporting cast. Plus I want to find out more about how come all of a sudden we have TWO people with the "Kawaguchi" pseudonym.
I honestly want a third Kawaguchi suddenly. Perhaps it's time we get a Kid Kawaguchi!
balofo wrote:I will only give it a chance if:
-New protagonist or Sei/Reiji/Meijin come back as protagonists
-1 VS 1
-Director from season 1 is back or they get a new competent director
-Has budget

if all these 4 don't come true, I'll skip directly to the battles in each ep.
Tough luck.

I would like a new tourney. I dunno, an international HS battle?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
balofo

So Derringer said on /m/ the project that the producers were talking about IS NOT BF related.

If it's Gundam, then it must be a new AU
Wellman

New cast, old cast, whatever I just came for the ridiculous Gunpla battles and Gundam references.
Zeonista

Wellman wrote:New cast, old cast, whatever I just came for the ridiculous Gunpla battles and Gundam references.
Then you will be sure to never be disappointed. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

I want more over the top battle, with more "wacky" gimmick.

Something that would remind me of Kinnikuman...where one shot characters without personality beyond what appear in the ring can be very memorable.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

I would like to see one of the below:
1. Great Teacher Kawaguchi. It would be Kawaguchi III redeeming punks with gunpla.
2. Fuedal state gunpla battle! Could serve as a prequel and maybe get the first meijin-to-be as the main character who unites all factions.
3. Alien invasion countered by gunpla.

And keep the homages and cameos rollin!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
gunform1010

No matter what, there must be this one feature- wires in a Gunpla for LEDs increase particle emission. >:D
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Wingnut

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:I would like to see one of the below:
1. Great Teacher Kawaguchi. It would be Kawaguchi III redeeming punks with gunpla.
And keep the homages and cameos rollin!
FUND IT :!:
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
balofo

Asspulls, convenient writing, plot reasons 1 on 1 and particle storage running low only for the rival team strike again.

Also all that stock footage for the Tryon 3.
Vent Noir

Awesome knock-down, drag-out fight there. I'd say it's on par with Sei/Reiji vs Fellini in S1. And I'm also glad that someone other than Sekai got to be the hero for once.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
latenlazy

Too much filler dialogue and inefficient writing. The fight wasn't bad but I can't say it was great either. It could have been more dynamic. You can only spam giant beams while staying still so many times before it stops being interesting (noted that they deliberately avoided overusing giant beam clashes in BF).

As I feared the lack of proper character development and more efficient writing earlier in the series has caught up to it near the conclusion. For example, they could have done a much better job spacing the backstory between Yuuma and Minato throughout the series to create more buildup, which would have delivered more payoff once Yuuma acknowledged Minato, and it would have saved them time to animate a better fight. It would have also helped a lot if there was more depth to both Yuuma and Minato's characters and their rivalry. Their fundamental internal conflicts were mostly exposed and resolved mid season, so when they get team encouragement it's less heartfelt and more empy cheerleading. It's a bit of a pity, because the basic ideas behind the story since episode 10 has been sound. It's an execution problem.
Ryujin

I enjoyed this fight. It was a fun homage to '70's SR shows.
YokozunaBulldozer

First off, I am glad to finally see the two resolve their conflict.
I am glad they finally showed us Minato's reason behind his rivalry/grudge against Yuuma.
If it was not for that incident that crushed Yuuma's hopes and dreams, I would not be surprised a different present where Minato and Yuuma were dubbed the resurgence of Sei and Reiji(not that their personalities equal that of the legendary duo, but you know what I mean. :D ).
Though fate was twisted, this brawl untangled it and set things straight once and for all for the two. I think it is safe to say that the two rivals are now properly rivals.

Now Tryon 3.
Tryon3 REALLY stole the spotlight.
Everything about it hit me like an armada of White Bases and once again reminded me why I still like robots to this day.
From the Chohoken(Super Roaring Sword) Hyper Minovsky to the Liger Howl + Double Cannnonade + Liger Glare combo to the Boomerang Stagger, regardless of what the match result was, Tryon3 is indeed 最強機動(Saikyo Kidou) and a reminder that "GUNPLA IS FREEDOM".
Ultimately, I am glad it was the catalyst that set things the way it should have been for these two talented youngsters.

Bandai, you have made me happy with the announcement of the HG kit.
Now MG this glorious and magnificent peace of art or better yet, PG it.
I don't care how long it will take.
Let us buy it and I will gladly Hado Reppaku whichever store counter table with every penny I can gather.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

I say this episode is the greatest so far, and probaly will be the best of whole series. Dialogue deliver just enough to carry on character expression and doesn't feel much like filler, and the battle is epic enough to show off how powerful Tryon 3 is (and even give safeguard during transformation to stop people poking at transform is free action trope).
balofo wrote:...and particle storage running low only for the rival team strike again.
They just perform the ultimate attack, so it's to be expect that it will drain much more particle than usual. And ultimately it isn't too low either, it still has enough energy to fire high mega cannon twice. The scene is more of utilizing Sakai and his bond with Build Buster for some minor drama effect, and I see nothing wrong with it.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Raikoh

I'd probably be a lot less pleased with this if it weren't for half the episode being Tryon wrecking Try Fighters. Nobody expected it to win, so just giving it a chance to be awesome and actually deal damage to the resident invincible protags (unlike Crossbone) makes me a happy camper. I wasn't even mad at them stock footage-ing the GATTAI sequence, since they gave Tryon its own [awesome] theme instead of bootstrapping the Try Fighters theme to it (which ironically has only memorably been used in the Tryon's first GATTAI). Also we get to see that the Build Busters have customized launch pads right out of Soul of Chogokin.

I'd rather have a series of power struggles over trying to animate something more dynamic when the budget is this low - and let's be honest, Tryon 3 is hardly the most mobile of suits. It follows the Super Robot theory of "HIGH FIREPOWER. HIGH ARMOR. LOW MOBILITY."

But I do have to question how it could spend 70% of the fight utterly obliterating everything and then get nearly destroyed from a single attack.

Also the Try Fighters fight dirty and attack during GATTAI. Utterly despicable.

tl;dr Minato a best, too good for GBFT.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Amion

Now that was how how you make a doomed conclusion awesome as heck! That was one battle I will always remember. The TRY fighters had to work and lose machines, the hero of the day actually had to work for his victory and even then it was a near thing from start to finish.

Not to mention the soundtrack was spot-on for the whole episode and kept me engaged. Best episode of TRY thus far. That's two great episodes in a row. At this rate the series will be able to turn itself around.

I do have a major issue with how they're portraying Plavsky particle storage now. Is this the difference we've been searching for between the Arian crystals and artificial Niels particles? I guess it would make sense, because if Arian is powered by emotion than particle storage could fluctuate more wildly than now. Either way, it didn't affect this battle at all and made sense in a way, considering how Trion 3 spammed those beams and that awesome sword.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Lord Dearche

Episode 22: GREATEST EPISODE EVER Until the ending that is where Minato got screwed. What a BS ending. Worst episode ever yadda yadda yadda. Again. For the 22nd time in a row.

Let's face it, the final battle should have been Minato vs Shia in a builder battle.

Also they seriously attacked them during their combination sequence? What kind of sick ****s are team Try Hard trying to be? There was a line, and they crossed it. They should be banned from anything to do with robots.

Also, Funderful! The official cound is Minato 2: Sekai 0. This is the second time that Minato has utterly crushed and defeated Sekai. (First was G-Muse).
Amion

Lord Dearche wrote:Episode 22: GREATEST EPISODE EVER Until the ending that is where Minato got screwed. What a BS ending. Worst episode ever yadda yadda yadda. Again. For the 22nd time in a row.

Let's face it, the final battle should have been Minato vs Shia in a builder battle.

Also they seriously attacked them during their combination sequence? What kind of sick ****s are team Try Hard trying to be? There was a line, and they crossed it. They should be banned from anything to do with robots.

Also, Funderful! The official cound is Minato 2: Sekai 0. This is the second time that Minato has utterly crushed and defeated Sekai. (First was G-Muse).
Oh stop it, Dearche. We knew what was going to happen and you're lying if you say you didn't too. TRY will always win until they fight some big shot in the final tournament, assuming they don't grind them all into the curb first by accident. At least let us not spoil the glorious, explosive, super funeral the Trion 3 threw itself.

And true, true. Sekai is apparently a far inferior pilot to Minato. He's definitely not a bad fighter. Makes me wonder if he'll stick around to help TRY. They could use his original designs.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Yardly

Raikoh wrote: Also the Try Fighters fight dirty and attack during GATTAI. Utterly despicable.
Lord Dearche wrote: Also they seriously attacked them during their combination sequence? What kind of sick ****s are team Try Hard trying to be? There was a line, and they crossed it. They should be banned from anything to do with robots.
I feel like Dearche may be kidding, but if both of you were serious with that..

Of all the ridiculous things that have been said in these threads, this is by far the silliest.

A major complaint of the triplet fight was the Try Fighters not playing along with the enemies tactics and simply blowing up the castle at the beginning of the fight. Here we have the opposite, and people are still complaining. Utterly ridiculous.