The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
domtropen

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Yup I don't really remember to name of the backpack, but it is the type used on both doga and zulu with the big gun. The tank on that backpack is huge.

RG would be a nightmare to use. The internal frame is not that strong, and too many sliding parts. If not modify it may destroy itself by moving around too much even before actually getting hit...
Lord Dearche

Too lazy to read everything but on the subject of scales, we've had the discussion before and most of us pretty much all agreed that it's useless to discuss themb eacuse overything seems to just be off scale most of the time.
Xenosynth

Actually, with some modifying, you can fit the HG Build Burning into the HG Dom kit, at least from the diorama's I've seen.
gunform1010

Xenosynth wrote:Actually, with some modifying, you can fit the HG Build Burning into the HG Dom kit, at least from the diorama's I've seen.
I've seen those too but it's not a nice, perfect fit...
Lord Dearche wrote:Too lazy to read everything but on the subject of scales, we've had the discussion before and most of us pretty much all agreed that it's useless to discuss themb eacuse overything seems to just be off scale most of the time.
Heheheh, you'd have some fun in the TF multiverse. Scale's screwed there.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Lord Dearche

I posted the video a few months back after a friend at the guild brought it to our attention. It CAN fit in a dom, but to do so you'd have to entirely strip the innards of it, and even more heavy modification.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25156812

But it's impossible to ever make it fit the way they did it in show where you can't tell there's another unit inside. Not to mention the shot through the chest still should have also taken out the Build Bunny so that's another plot hole right there.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:I posted the video a few months back after a friend at the guild brought it to our attention. It CAN fit in a dom, but to do so you'd have to entirely strip the innards of it, and even more heavy modification.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25156812

But it's impossible to ever make it fit the way they did it in show where you can't tell there's another unit inside. Not to mention the shot through the chest still should have also taken out the Build Bunny so that's another plot hole right there.
This was the MG modification I was talking about I think... based on that that shot should have torn off Build Burning's head.

Let's go with the Plavsky Particles still being contained enough to protect the BBG's head. Yeah that'll work. :mrgreen: The next headscratcher is why assimilation worked for like five seconds during its debut episode but couldn't come back until episode 9.

Raikoh

Assimilation itself is a whole other can of worms. It just sort of has been working however the writer wants it to. First off, just as an aside, the "placebo effect" doesn't mean anything close to what they're trying to sell it off as. It's just tossing a scientific term to sound smarter than it is.

Then there's the issue of it enhancing the Build Burning's specs. I could get if they were saying it allows them to control the Gunpla better and move with more agility (heck, that's a very Gundam thing - the Psycoframe is exactly that... Uh, outside of Unicorn), but it's also made Build Burning punch harder and tank hits better. Now, I get that I'm complaining about a Shonen Super Mode and that's pointless, but I could see ways around this. I've been saying for quite a while that most of my gripes with Try could have been fixed if they spent another few months to iron out the details. Say, Build Burning had the built-in Super Mode that makes it harder to control and gobble up particles like nobody's business, but Assimilation mitigates the Super Mode's main drawback... Though that isn't really what was said. They said "he seems himself as the Gunpla and that somehow gives him Kaio-Ken x3."

What I really have the issue with is how inconsistent it's been. They say it only causes pain, not actual damage, but then after battles where it's used we can see little cuts and scrapes on Sekai he couldn't have gotten unless he was punching himself in the face and stuff. Then in the last couple of battles, he by all rights should have broken an arm based on the damage BBG has been put through.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
gunform1010

Raikoh wrote:Assimilation itself is a whole other can of worms. It just sort of has been working however the writer wants it to. First off, just as an aside, the "placebo effect" doesn't mean anything close to what they're trying to sell it off as. It's just tossing a scientific term to sound smarter than it is.

Then there's the issue of it enhancing the Build Burning's specs. I could get if they were saying it allows them to control the Gunpla better and move with more agility (heck, that's a very Gundam thing - the Psycoframe is exactly that... Uh, outside of Unicorn), but it's also made Build Burning punch harder and tank hits better. Now, I get that I'm complaining about a Shonen Super Mode and that's pointless, but I could see ways around this. I've been saying for quite a while that most of my gripes with Try could have been fixed if they spent another few months to iron out the details. Say, Build Burning had the built-in Super Mode that makes it harder to control and gobble up particles like nobody's business, but Assimilation mitigates the Super Mode's main drawback... Though that isn't really what was said. They said "he seems himself as the Gunpla and that somehow gives him Kaio-Ken x3."

What I really have the issue with is how inconsistent it's been. They say it only causes pain, not actual damage, but then after battles where it's used we can see little cuts and scrapes on Sekai he couldn't have gotten unless he was punching himself in the face and stuff. Then in the last couple of battles, he by all rights should have broken an arm based on the damage BBG has been put through.
It was nocebo, and I think that's being used very liberally.

I actually dig this "assimilation is the way to maximize Super Mode's potential".

Yeah, Sekai should be dead or hospitalized from a rather large stab wound.

Lord Dearche

Lets not pull punches here. "Assimilation" is nothing more than a cheap attempt from the writing staff to create forced drama when ever they need to put Sekai in a half assed predicament or to make it look as if he actually struggled and overcame something, anything in his fights.

It's there just for that. Because really, in the near 20 years of Gunpla battling, coincidentally no one has ever suffered from the effects like this? Not to mention the fact that the players feeling the pain and damage of the unit should be a pretty damn big deal resulting in law suits and safety issues. If that's the case then the Meijin needs to STFU. You can't ***** at Junya for his "dirty" fighting when you're the dumb ass who knows the danger of this and is encouraging the kids to keep playing.

It's clearly not something well known in the Try world. (I'm calling it Try world because at this point it's pretty much become it's own world with it's own set of magical battlin' rules. Good thing Reiji and Aila left before the S hit the fan! hahah....hah)

Also you could say that Assimilation makes the build bunny super strong or something like that. Well then in that case ,that means Sekai really does suck when it comes to real battling/piloting because he needs the assimilation and his magical super moves just to battle with real players who play the game as it should.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Lets not pull punches here. "Assimilation" is nothing more than a cheap attempt from the writing staff to create forced drama when ever they need to put Sekai in a half assed predicament or to make it look as if he actually struggled and overcame something, anything in his fights.

It's there just for that. Because really, in the near 20 years of Gunpla battling, coincidentally no one has ever suffered from the effects like this? Not to mention the fact that the players feeling the pain and damage of the unit should be a pretty damn big deal resulting in law suits and safety issues. If that's the case then the Meijin needs to STFU. You can't ***** at Junya for his "dirty" fighting when you're the dumb ass who knows the danger of this and is encouraging the kids to keep playing.

It's clearly not something well known in the Try world. (I'm calling it Try world because at this point it's pretty much become it's own world with it's own set of magical battlin' rules. Good thing Reiji and Aila left before the S hit the fan! hahah....hah)

Also you could say that Assimilation makes the build bunny super strong or something like that. Well then in that case ,that means Sekai really does suck when it comes to real battling/piloting because he needs the assimilation and his magical super moves just to battle with real players who play the game as it should.
You can't go "hurr durr this is magic" bro as if half of Gundam isn't consisted of magic masquerading as science fiction gadgetry already. Also we don't know how the world tourney operates so you can't even attempt talk about Reiji and Aila experiencing the ruination of Gunpla Battle. Just don't.

I'll give you the Meijin criticism though. No one ever bothers to take Sekai out of the games which is plain stupid. Do they want a scandal about some kid suddenly dying from being too hardcore of a player? Not me.

Perhaps Sekai does suck, but to be honest- it's better this way than Sei suddenly gaining super skills during "Gunpla Eve" and "Promise"... That's something that has always bothered me about the original show. You're telling me Sei became super hot blooded and that's supposed to reveal a lately awakened talent? Pls.

But yes, the assimilation is cheap drama. :?

Lord Dearche

Then you clearly missed the point of those scenes. Reiji said it like it was, Sei ALWAYS had piloting skills. But because he cared so much about his gunpla, he could never properly pilot it because he was always afraid damaging it. But as the tournament went on he started realizing what gets damaged can easily be built and thus was holdling less back.
You can't go "hurr durr this is magic" bro as if half of Gundam isn't consisted of magic masquerading as science fiction gadgetry already. Also we don't know how the world tourney operates so you can't even attempt talk about Reiji and Aila experiencing the ruination of Gunpla Battle. Just don't.
You're forgetting the important thing. Build Fighters is not normal gundam. There's no magical fighting psycho frames, dead ghost spirits, etc. It's a show that revolves around plastic toys and childrens play things.

The closest it ever got to that was the one scene with Aila and Reiji. In the case of Try, most of it IS just magical ass pulls. Build FIghters never did anything like this. It didn't have all these super moves, shounen heart of the cards power up super modes, assimilation nonsense, and whatever you want to call the "Magical solid particle omni-slash jiggy howl rainbow" attack. Build Fighters was basically a real robot show. Try wanted to be a super robot Naruto.
AmuroNT1

No, Try is trying to be G Gundam, something which was almost completely neglected in the original Build Fighters.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Then you clearly missed the point of those scenes. Reiji said it like it was, Sei ALWAYS had piloting skills. But because he cared so much about his gunpla, he could never properly pilot it because he was always afraid damaging it. But as the tournament went on he started realizing what gets damaged can easily be built and thus was holdling less back.
You're forgetting the important thing. Build Fighters is not normal gundam. There's no magical fighting psycho frames, dead ghost spirits, etc. It's a show that revolves around plastic toys and childrens play things.

The closest it ever got to that was the one scene with Aila and Reiji. In the case of Try, most of it IS just magical ass pulls. Build FIghters never did anything like this. It didn't have all these super moves, shounen heart of the cards power up super modes, assimilation nonsense, and whatever you want to call the "Magical solid particle omni-slash jiggy howl rainbow" attack. Build Fighters was basically a real robot show. Try wanted to be a super robot Naruto.
Oh yeah. Yep, hated that part, but at least Sei's a badass now. :?

Yeah but the particle is still magic as far as I'm concerned. Moving plastic, altering spacetime, and allowing psychic communication? Jeez.

Also, did you forget about the Fa Jin? :roll: But yeah, BF had more emphasis on skills and awesome engineering by Sei.
AmuroNT1 wrote:No, Try is trying to be G Gundam, something which was almost completely neglected in the original Build Fighters.
Yep. Though it's still hard to believe the BBG name was just coincidence...

Strike Zero

Lord Dearche wrote:Also you could say that Assimilation makes the build bunny super strong or something like that. Well then in that case ,that means Sekai really does suck when it comes to real battling/piloting because he needs the assimilation and his magical super moves just to battle with real players who play the game as it should.
If you're going to call it like that, you might as well stop heaping praise over the first season and everything it supposedly did so perfectly, because the Build Strike's absorb system attacks and the RG system were exactly the same thing.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Try will end up as a bad Gundam show no matter what its fans say.

I hear Destiny, 0083, AGE, IGLOO, 08th, ZZ calling you guys :)
IGLOO?
To you, maybe. :P
balofo wrote:WTF AmuroNT1 you and others shi** on FT all the time and I accept your opinions. I agree the FT story is ridiculous as f*** but I like the setting and the new MS.

Strike Zero called me a depressive loser first and the general opinion on the Western fandom is that Try is bad, I see nothing ridiculous on my opinion on Try
In my opinion, Frozen Teardrop is the SEED Destiny of Gundam Wing. 8)
balofo wrote:I have no personal problems with anyone, nor the insults hurt my feelings :)

I will tone down the criticism in the anime threads, that's the best for everyone
I don't think toning it down would actually help, just give a more balanced criticism and list off things that you do like about it. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Raikoh

Strike Zero wrote:If you're going to call it like that, you might as well stop heaping praise over the first season and everything it supposedly did so perfectly, because the Build Strike's absorb system attacks and the RG system were exactly the same thing.
I think the difference is that Jegan Howareyou has left a lot of people missing Build Knuckle, for a variety of reasons. Every fight started with the shield being destroyed and ended with the Knuckle, but everything in between was always different. Not to mention that the ways these happened would differ from fight to fight, and that the Knuckle didn't start being used until episode 15.

Conversely, Try's fight choreography has just been bland, since everything Sekai does is just "rush forward and hit them really hard." Even when they had an out with the phoenix to give him some ki attacks and make Build Burning's fights more DBZ levels of dynamic... Nope, more Seiken Zuki.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Kuruni

BrentD15 wrote:
balofo wrote:I have no personal problems with anyone, nor the insults hurt my feelings :)

I will tone down the criticism in the anime threads, that's the best for everyone
I don't think toning it down would actually help, just give a more balanced criticism and list off things that you do like about it. :)
Personally, at least poking at the show instead of just complain.

If you critic someone else's girlfriend based on fact ("She barely has chest", "She's too short", "She doesn't even know anything about make up", etc), he'll be upset but at least it mean something and may worth a discussing ("Because she's grade schooler, goddammit"). But when it's pure complain ("She's just ugly"), then it worth nothing.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Strike Zero

Raikoh wrote:Conversely, Try's fight choreography has just been bland, since everything Sekai does is just "rush forward and hit them really hard." Even when they had an out with the phoenix to give him some ki attacks and make Build Burning's fights more DBZ levels of dynamic... Nope, more Seiken Zuki.
To which it's perfectly understandable that somebody would find his fights less interesting. Heck, I would even agree. But this is a different complaint than "the main character wins his fights through nothing but hax powers," which is a criticism that could easily be leveled at both shows.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AmuroNT1

Like I said, the main thing with Jigen Haoh is that since BF's world is more rooted in reality than G Gundam's, Sekai starts off the series only knowing moves that could reasonably be performed by a martial artist in the real world (the fact that his hurricane kick generates an ACTUAL hurricane can be attributed to the nature of Gunpla battle.). That can be seen as a bad thing, since it gives him a lot less variety in his attacks. But he still does develop new moves that are a bit more spectacular.

Though I will agree that I'd like to see him performing more straight-up martial arts rather than only using special moves, since we've already had it demonstrated that he's a competent fighter outside of the cockpit. The only justification seems to be "regular punches and kicks won't have a lot of effect on a giant robot, even if they're used by another giant robot."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:Like I said, the main thing with Jigen Haoh is that since BF's world is more rooted in reality than G Gundam's, Sekai starts off the series only knowing moves that could reasonably be performed by a martial artist in the real world (the fact that his hurricane kick generates an ACTUAL hurricane can be attributed to the nature of Gunpla battle.). That can be seen as a bad thing, since it gives him a lot less variety in his attacks. But he still does develop new moves that are a bit more spectacular.

Though I will agree that I'd like to see him performing more straight-up martial arts rather than only using special moves, since we've already had it demonstrated that he's a competent fighter outside of the cockpit. The only justification seems to be "regular punches and kicks won't have a lot of effect on a giant robot, even if they're used by another giant robot."
Too bad, you know, Sekai still used Jigen Haoh in his introductory scene. Since when can you knock back thugs with sheer force?

Also if Sekai was smart enough to improvise in combat... :twisted: