The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
latenlazy

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Kaioshin Sama wrote:Holy crap the negativity still..... :shock:
Mindless positivity is just as bad as mindless negativity imo...what's the point of discussing anything if all you're doing is affirming how much you like or hate something?
gunform1010

latenlazy wrote:
Kaioshin Sama wrote:Holy crap the negativity still..... :shock:
Mindless positivity is just as bad as mindless negativity imo...what's the point of discussing anything if all you're doing is affirming how much you like or hate something?
There you go. All works are flawed, no matter what.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Lord Dearche

Finally watched the episod. Overall the fight between the 4 actually important players was great. Except for one part. Where in the middle of a battle, Ramba Shia forgot to fight.

Like, Literally. She entirely forgot how to fight. ALL she did was just stand there and take hits. What happened to all the crazy ***t she pulled off during the Vegan gear battle? It's like the writers wrote themselves into a corner where they knew there was no way Fumina could ever beat Shia head on so they decided to just have Shia job instead.
latenlazy

Lord Dearche wrote:Finally watched the episod. Overall the fight between the 4 actually important players was great. Except for one part. Where in the middle of a battle, Ramba Shia forgot to fight.

Like, Literally. She entirely forgot how to fight. ALL she did was just stand there and take hits. What happened to all the crazy ***t she pulled off during the Vegan gear battle? It's like the writers wrote themselves into a corner where they knew there was no way Fumina could ever beat Shia head on so they decided to just have Shia job instead.
I kinda got over it when they hyped up Lucas, and then crimped their own hype when they kept him from curbstomping two of three Celestial Spheres. This is just the quality and level of writing we're supposed to expect for this series. I really buy into the theory that doing three on threes hurt their ability to plan.
Blazer-X

Whoa whoa whoa, whats with the negativity here? This was a GREAT episode, probably the best overall fight thus far. We got to see all of Transient and The End's tricks. Fumina and Yuuma epic teamwork. Shia and Adou (of all people) epic teamwork. We got a six-beam cross-up destroying a colony and then two burst modes destroying a portion of a planet.

We got six talented fighters going all out at each other. No background event happening that's stopping them from having the fight of their lives (*ahem*MashitaControllingMeijin*ahem*). Even Adou's injury is pretty much glossed over as they continued to fight. It's intense. It's emotional. The choreography was superb.

I don't know about you haters, but I get the feeling that most of you are a bit too blinded by your hate to enjoy the episode for what it essentially is: a very fun final battle between 6 established rivals.
latenlazy

Blazer-X wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, whats with the negativity here? This was a GREAT episode, probably the best overall fight thus far. We got to see all of Transient and The End's tricks. Fumina and Yuuma epic teamwork. Shia and Adou (of all people) epic teamwork. We got a six-beam cross-up destroying a colony and then two burst modes destroying a portion of a planet.

We got six talented fighters going all out at each other. No background event happening that's stopping them from having the fight of their lives (*ahem*MashitaControllingMeijin*ahem*). Even Adou's injury is pretty much glossed over as they continued to fight. It's intense. It's emotional. The choreography was superb.

I don't know about you haters, but I get the feeling that most of you are a bit too blinded by your hate to enjoy the episode for what it essentially is: a very fun final battle between 6 established rivals.
*rollseyes* Episodes and shows can be entertaining and still have serious flaws. For example, if Adou's injury doesn't matter, why waste screen time even introducing it? That injury added to nothing, except taking up screen time that could have been used for other things with greater dramatic impact or more fight choreography. At best it was a cheap and meaningless way to raise stakes and get the audience to care. Yet, it didn't have any material impact on either the character or the plot, if even that.

Everyone's allowed their own take on what they see without having to be "haters".
Last edited by latenlazy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gunform1010

latenlazy wrote:
Blazer-X wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, whats with the negativity here? This was a GREAT episode, probably the best overall fight thus far. We got to see all of Transient and The End's tricks. Fumina and Yuuma epic teamwork. Shia and Adou (of all people) epic teamwork. We got a six-beam cross-up destroying a colony and then two burst modes destroying a portion of a planet.

*rollseyes* Episodes and shows can be entertaining and still have serious flaws.
Yeah. Just ask Cinemasins! :P Joking aside, this is always true.

Dark Duel

Okay, a question: I can't be the only one who saw that move Kitbash Burning pulled near the end of the tie-breaker, and in the back of my mind heard Hikaru Midorikawa screaming "AKASHIC BUSTER!", right?

That being said, I liked the ep overall, but there were some parts I didn't like so much - like mainly how underwhelming BOTH the girls were during the fight. Neither Shia's performance nor Fumina's really measured up to the level of skill either has already displayed - especially not the former, but really neither of them was particularly impressive.
Yuuma v. Saga was better, and I find interesting that Winning Gundam had almost as much of an impact in that fight as a proxy for Lightning's destroyed main body as it did in Fumina's own match. A little annoying that my favorite of the Try Fighters is the only one to get totally destroyed, but that's personal bias.
The focus of the episode was clearly Wilfrid v. Sekai, which was by far the most enjoyable part of the episode - Sekai busting out a flaming katana was almost as awesome as the later Akashic Buster, though Yuuma finally finishing off Adou by point-blank Macross-style Missile Massacre was probably my favorite single moment in the episode.

As a finale for the tournament, it's satisfactory IMO. As an episode, it could have been better, but it was still pretty good.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Okay, a question: I can't be the only one who saw that move Kitbash Burning pulled near the end of the tie-breaker, and in the back of my mind heard Hikaru Midorikawa screaming "AKASHIC BUSTER!", right?
As a finale for the tournament, it's satisfactory IMO. As an episode, it could have been better, but it was still pretty good.
You were not.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

They didn't blow up the entire stage but they blew up a colony and a quarter of the Earth.

Color me disappointed for not destroying the system. :(

Lord Dearche

Ditto. Many of us called that a while ago. Helps that Try just tries to rip off Build Fighters repeatedly but wrongly. Also called exactly what happened that it'd just end in a time out with a 1 vs 1 between Wilfred and Sekai.

What sucks, is that that 1 vs 1 sucked ass. It spent more time on still shots, reused animations, and the actual enviorment changes then it actually did Sekai and Wilfred fighting each other.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Ditto. Many of us called that a while ago. Helps that Try just tries to rip off Build Fighters repeatedly but wrongly. Also called exactly what happened that it'd just end in a time out with a 1 vs 1 between Wilfred and Sekai.

What sucks, is that that 1 vs 1 sucked ass. It spent more time on still shots, reused animations, and the actual enviorment changes then it actually did Sekai and Wilfred fighting each other.
Little harsh on the 1v1 but more close-ups were necessary, and... we didn't get more closeups. Geesh. :evil:

Lord Dearche

It was Apt. APT! I REGRET NOTHING!

And just to throw even more onto the fire, Remember the whole particle issue they invented at the last second, just to have a reson for Lucas to lose? Entirly non existent in this battle because they don't need as a cheap forced drama plot device anymore.

Despite the fact that everony and their mother was firing off massive beams after massive beams. And despite that Fumina flat out said that the Winning Beam pretty much uses ALL of her particles.
killmikekill

Sometimes it feels like people forget this show is intended to sell plastic model kits to children. The battle was overall enjoyable. Yeah some elements could have been done better but overall it wasn't too bad and a was nice break from studying ochem. I kind of hope that Minato wins the Meijin Cup.
gunform1010

killmikekill wrote:Sometimes it feels like people forget this show is intended to sell plastic model kits to children. The battle was overall enjoyable. Yeah some elements could have been done better but overall it wasn't too bad and a was nice break from studying ochem. I kind of hope that Minato wins the Meijin Cup.
We know. But we need to be convinced to buy it with a good show, amirite? :mrgreen:

Damn you guys and your Minato fanboyisms... :evil:

Yardly

What happened to Transient's orb/bit things? It's like that whole idea was just dropped. The End never got the use its ultimate attack that Adou almost used on Meijin Kawaguchi.. at least I don't recall it. Sort of disappointed about that.

Also surprised, albeit pleasantly, that Try Burning didn't pull the multiple particle attack that ended the Junya fight.

Anyway, looking forward to next week's finale and the new Gunplas that will debut. Assuming there's more than just the Meijin cup going on, I'm betting on new Gunpla for Gyanko, Minato, and Yuuma at the very least. Maybe Shimon will get something new from his brother. And those teases will finally let Sei out of his cage along with a new unit.
Last edited by Yardly on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brokengeass

I enjoyed the episode, but I think the 1 on 1 between Sekai and Wilfrid, which I was hoping would be amazing, was lacking when compared to the 1 on 1 between Sekai and Junya, or even the 1 on 1 between Sekai and Shimon.
killmikekill

gunform1010 wrote:
killmikekill wrote:Sometimes it feels like people forget this show is intended to sell plastic model kits to children. The battle was overall enjoyable. Yeah some elements could have been done better but overall it wasn't too bad and a was nice break from studying ochem. I kind of hope that Minato wins the Meijin Cup.
We know. But we need to be convinced to buy it with a good show, amirite? :mrgreen:

Damn you guys and your Minato fanboyisms... :evil:
O le a lou kala? I mean Try won the National Championship and they probably wouldn't have without Minato's help. I just think it would be cool if he had another really unique gunpla and won. That way it could keep the rivalry between Minato and Yuuma going. I mean it would be kind of boring if Yuuma won everything. Either way, hope it ends on a good note, and I wonder if in the fall they start the Open Tournament. I mean it's not like they have ever hinted at that being a possibility in this series.
Lord Dearche

Realistically, Minato pretty much won every time. Try Hards would have never one of not for Minato, and in the Tryon 3 battle, he was in control the entire match and could have easily one had he played it safe and not get egged on by his loser team mate. He really only lost beacuse the plot called for him to lose.

And lets not forget, Minato is the ONLY person to ever defeat gary stu Sekai. TWICE.
gunform1010

:evil: I never doubted his skills for a second, but his smugness. GAH. My hate for Klim is worse.

Granted I softened a lot b/c of his hilarious yaoi subtext during his day in the limelight. :mrgreen: