The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Skaddix

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

gunform1010 wrote:
Kyuzo Aoi wrote:About the episode, I noticed that there are four cups as China's table. I think the first one is for Sei, the other two is for Nils and Caro-chan.
Spoiler
And that stinger with Adou's doctor. Man, that was somewhat...odd.
And I think Sei at that time is 20 years old. Too old for a female voice actress to voice.
...Nils decided to go on vacation? Ok then...

Uh, you didn't watch the "A Letter" OVA did you... It's way too late for his voice to crack probably...

Also, the Kamikis and Junya could have totally resided in South America for some time right? I mean I hear that there's a lot of Japanese in Brazil...
Haha Decided, Nils doesnt decide anything outside the Lab, Caroline does.
Bryant Molirse

I'm guessing Adou's probably got a nasty case of Carpel Tunnel from fighting constantly, hence why all the focus seems to be on his wrist.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
killmikekill

So is this the end result of the work done by Yuuma and Minato:
Spoiler
BrentD15

Ah, yes.
How asymmetrill.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
killmikekill

It is tomorrow so hopefully the final fight is good.
gunform1010

killmikekill wrote:So is this the end result of the work done by Yuuma and Minato:
Spoiler
I hate asymmetry. The Fenice is the sole exception to that.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
balofo

Welp, that seals it: Try is AGE tier.
Gundam420

Not a bad final battle but still no where near as awesome as the final battle from season 1.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
YokozunaBulldozer

THAT. WAS. AWESOME.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
latenlazy

Pretty good, but a lot of dramatic tension going into that final battle was sapped by inefficient and underdeveloped writing earlier in the series. There almost wasn't enough momentum to give that fight the dramatic impact it really needed. They managed to pull through mostly with some interesting choreography, but I felt the light show robbed the tie breaker of some serious oomph, pretty as it was. Since this is pretty much the last episode, I feel like it wouldn't be hasty to give this one a grade. Solid C+ in my book.
Last edited by latenlazy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strike Zero

Well, the final battle is over, and a pretty good final battle at that.
Spoiler
Fumina and Yuuma definitely stole the show, though Sekai and Wildfrid's Plavsky Beast Things were nothing to sneeze at either. The only aspect I found disappointing was that the G-Portent didn't get much action to itself, but ultimately that's a minor point of contention.

Did it measure up to the previous season's penultimate match between Reiji and Yuuki? I wouldn't say so, no, but it was still a decent match regardless. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Still, the story's not quite over, as now we have the Builder's contest to attend to. What wild and crazy Gunpla will there be to see? Will Sei finally show himself in the flesh? All we can do is tune in next week to find out.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
YokozunaBulldozer

Strike Zero wrote:Well, the final battle is over, and a pretty good final battle at that.
Spoiler
Fumina and Yuuma definitely stole the show, though Sekai and Wildfrid's Plavsky Beast Things were nothing to sneeze at either. The only aspect I found disappointing was that the G-Portent didn't get much action to itself, but ultimately that's a minor point of contention.

Did it measure up to the previous season's penultimate match between Reiji and Yuuki? I wouldn't say so, no, but it was still a decent match regardless. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Still, the story's not quite over, as now we have the Builder's contest to attend to. What wild and crazy Gunpla will there be to see? Will Sei finally show himself in the flesh? All we can do is tune in next week to find out.
The Methuss piloted by Ozzy Osbourne.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Welp, that seals it: Try is AGE tier.
Seriously, was there anything you liked about this episode, if not this whole series?
If there was absolutely nothing, then just say so.

Also, Gundam The End is officially the most original Gunpla in this show. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

Gundam The End was the most original Gundam in the show, yes. And also the only one worth rooting for.

So, it's over. The annoying screaming and flashy lights and beams are finally done with. Now maybe the last episode can give us some good comedy/character interactions. And if not, then meh, at least it's done.

Until next time, that is.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
BrentD15

Amion wrote:Gundam The End was the most original Gundam in the show, yes. And also the only one worth rooting for.
I wouldn't say the "only" one.
We had the Tryon 3 and R-Gyagya. :mrgreen:
balofo

So Try losers and Academy losers can beam spam all day while Lucas only moves an arm slightly and already needs a full particle replenish?

Don't try to defend this
Brokengeass

So, bets on how long until announce another season? They haven't exactly been subtle with all the talk about the World Open Tournament.
AmuroNT1

balofo wrote:So Try losers and Academy losers can beam spam all day while Lucas only moves an arm slightly and already needs a full particle replenish?

Don't try to defend this
How many of the Try Fighters or Celestial Sphere Gunpla have...
-A giant sword which has well over 10 times the power output of a standard beam saber
-A nine-barreled scattering beam crossbow
-Four individual I-Field generators
-Primary thrusters capable of high-speed movement within Jupiter's gravity well, supplemented by a large number of vernier/attitude thrusters for high maneuverability
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
latenlazy

AmuroNT1 wrote:
balofo wrote:So Try losers and Academy losers can beam spam all day while Lucas only moves an arm slightly and already needs a full particle replenish?

Don't try to defend this
How many of the Try Fighters or Celestial Sphere Gunpla have...
-A giant sword which has well over 10 times the power output of a standard beam saber
-A nine-barreled scattering beam crossbow
-Four individual I-Field generators
-Primary thrusters capable of high-speed movement within Jupiter's gravity well, supplemented by a large number of vernier/attitude thrusters for high maneuverability
Would 6 Crossbones firing their most powerful beams at one another have blown up a colony?

I'm doubtful.