The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

killmikekill wrote:I liked the whole Minato and Yuuma interactions in this episode. It was also interesting to see how different past opponents tried to help the Try fighters in their own unique fashion. Whether it was the triplets giving them video on the gunpla academy, Junya trying to teach Sekai a new technique, Gyanko getting supplies for Fumina, or Minato helping Yuuma fix gunplas. I hope that the whole issue with Adou's wrist does not impact the fight too much. It would be sad to see a competitor like him go down because of something like that. I wish they had done the Sekai moment earlier in the season.
Minato and Gyanko are far more interesting characters than Sekai, the One-Trick Wonder. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

BrentD15 wrote:
killmikekill wrote:I liked the whole Minato and Yuuma interactions in this episode. It was also interesting to see how different past opponents tried to help the Try fighters in their own unique fashion. Whether it was the triplets giving them video on the gunpla academy, Junya trying to teach Sekai a new technique, Gyanko getting supplies for Fumina, or Minato helping Yuuma fix gunplas. I hope that the whole issue with Adou's wrist does not impact the fight too much. It would be sad to see a competitor like him go down because of something like that. I wish they had done the Sekai moment earlier in the season.
Minato and Gyanko are far more interesting characters than Sekai, the One-Trick Wonder. :P
Sekai with rabbit ears fan art now.

Also has there been an increase of Yuuma x Minato fan art with this episode? :lol:

Well, unfortunately, that's how Adou's going down. :|
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AmuroNT1

Jeez, normally I agree with ANN's reviewer for Try, but this week she was way off the mark. Gave this episode a C, saying it was boring and fixated on trying to sell Gundam merchandise. I really have to wonder what show she was watching.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:Jeez, normally I agree with ANN's reviewer for Try, but this week she was way off the mark. Gave this episode a C, saying it was boring and fixated on trying to sell Gundam merchandise. I really have to wonder what show she was watching.
Yeah seriously no units came into action in this episode. What? :roll: It's the battles that prove that it's a toy commercials.

Dark Duel

Okay, here's a question: Am I losing my mind, or did it look to anyone else like in the final frame of the next episode preview, Try Burning had Lightning Gundam's shoulder?
Strike105 wrote:I kinda chuckled when
Spoiler
Mamoru asked Shimon which of the St. Odessa girls was his girlfriend, but only because I saw it coming. Though the series likes to throw curveballs and tries to make us question which of Sekai's harem he's going to officially hook up with, there's a pretty good chance that it's either going to be Fumina (simply because they're the obvious lead male and obvious lead female characters, and that's just the pattern most shows seem to go with, with few exceptions.), or nobody, just to keep the speculation going after the show finishes.
Personally,
Spoiler
I kinda ship him with Shia, but that's just my opinion. And I'm biased, because I honestly think sometimes - especially in her interactions with him - she's the cutest thing since Tsubaki Minashiro
But yeah, objectively I agree with you there.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:Okay, here's a question: Am I losing my mind, or did it look to anyone else like in the final frame of the next episode preview, Try Burning had Lightning Gundam's shoulder?
I think your mind is just fine.

Plausible spoilers:
https://data.archive.moe/board/m/image/ ... 106361.jpg
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Okay, here's a question: Am I losing my mind, or did it look to anyone else like in the final frame of the next episode preview, Try Burning had Lightning Gundam's shoulder?

Plausible spoilers:
So the combination trick is incoming, just like it was hinted in the ending. But how is this combination sequence going to be? Will they be smart and include a forcefield? :P

Also, show Sei and stop being a ZOINKStease. I mean like what, you couldn't Mikako Komatsu back?

balofo

Just wanted to say I didn't even bother to download this ep :)

Muh wrist next week

I guess Xi and the other cameos will appear in 25
Kuruni

Strike Zero wrote:

Plausible spoilers:
At first, I though it will be used against Tryon-3 (fight fire with fire), but then rivaly between Sakai and Yuuma won't get proper resolve.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:

Plausible spoilers:
So the combination trick is incoming, just like it was hinted in the ending. But how is this combination sequence going to be? Will they be smart and include a forcefield? :P

Also, show Sei and stop being a ZOINKStease. I mean like what, you couldn't Mikako Komatsu back?
Three sentences:
Psychodrive field on!
Tronium engine full drive!!
LET'S GO VARIABLE FORMATION!!!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:fixated on trying to sell Gundam merchandise.
You mean like every single Gundam show ever made? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

BrentD15 wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:fixated on trying to sell Gundam merchandise.
You mean like every single Gundam show ever made? :mrgreen:
It's just wrong to descript this episode as that though, we not even see the gunpla in action (not counting flashback).

Well, I never check ANN review, so it doesn't matter.
Dark Duel

Strike Zero wrote:I think your mind is just fine.

Plausible spoilers:
I think that particular spoiler is not so much "plausible" as it is "confirmed" based on the shot in question. I had another look at the same screenshot, and Try Burning not only has Lightning's shoulder, but Star Winning Real Mode's V-Fin and you can just barely see Star Winning parts on its backpack as well.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kyuzo Aoi

About the episode, I noticed that there are four cups as China's table. I think the first one is for Sei, the other two is for Nils and Caro-chan.
Spoiler
And that stinger with Adou's doctor. Man, that was somewhat...odd.
And I think Sei at that time is 20 years old. Too old for a female voice actress to voice.
I am a Gundam!
Raikoh

It was no Gunpla Eve, that's for sure. Just sort of your standard filler episode. Is it weird that in the shot showing four cups I thought the legs were Sei's for a second? Man, the weirder parts of the fanbase have really gotten to me.

Sekai had the same thoughts Reiji had, but instead of doing the same thing and building a Gunpla he just sulks? C'mon, if you're gonna rehash character arcs at least do it in a way that doesn't make the character look like they'd rather just feel sorry for themselves more than anything else.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Kuruni

Raikoh wrote:Sekai had the same thoughts Reiji had, but instead of doing the same thing and building a Gunpla he just sulks?
Few things.

1. It isn't same thought, Reiji never want to be great builder (or at least he never express it).
2. If you mean when Reiji build Beginning, that's just impulse. He want to prove that building/repairing gunpla isn't beyond him. In the end, he get basic of plamodeling (is that a word?) with straight-build Beginning. Now, Sekai already pass that point with his first gunpla (Musha Godmaru) and when he rapair Build Burning at Nielsen's lab.
3. What Sekai aim for is more advance, the level of Yuuma and Sei's. And seriously, if you think that's something you can get in a night, you're insulting real life plamodelers. It's less of sulk and more of telling Shia his feeling...eitehr he feel more relax around her, or it's sort of thing happen after you get knock-out cold like that.
gunform1010

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:About the episode, I noticed that there are four cups as China's table. I think the first one is for Sei, the other two is for Nils and Caro-chan.
Spoiler
And that stinger with Adou's doctor. Man, that was somewhat...odd.
And I think Sei at that time is 20 years old. Too old for a female voice actress to voice.
...Nils decided to go on vacation? Ok then...

Uh, you didn't watch the "A Letter" OVA did you... It's way too late for his voice to crack probably...

Also, the Kamikis and Junya could have totally resided in South America for some time right? I mean I hear that there's a lot of Japanese in Brazil...

Kuruni

We have no idea if the open tournament is still team of three or not. If so, then the other two are most likely Sei's teammates, which I believe to be Sazaki and Mao.
balofo

Ep 25 is going to be a quick view of the World Tournament with Team Try losers fighting the cameo MS like Xi.

Expect a new MS from this ep to get a kit
gunform1010

balofo wrote:Ep 25 is going to be a quick view of the World Tournament with Team Try losers fighting the cameo MS like Xi.

Expect a new MS from this ep to get a kit
Sounds like the World Tournament is almost immediately after? Or is this a year time skip?