The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Come on! It mean he learned much more from her other than Gunpla Battle!
My girlfriend was a loli.
DoubleZero

gunform1010 wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Call back to previous episode, I finally realized what was missing...
Spoiler
Lucas definitely should stuff a meat bun or two in his mouth while has reminiscence on Aila :mrgreen:
NO.

MR AND MISS MEATBUN'S PROPERTY ONLY
Already happened, actually.

EDIT: Here's the picture.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
BrentD15

Meatbuns are sooo last series.
Bento is where it's at. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

DoubleZero wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Call back to previous episode, I finally realized what was missing...
Spoiler
Lucas definitely should stuff a meat bun or two in his mouth while has reminiscence on Aila :mrgreen:
NO.

MR AND MISS MEATBUN'S PROPERTY ONLY
Already happened, actually.

EDIT: Here's the picture.
This doesn't feel right. This doesn't feel right at all.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
killmikekill

Strike Zero wrote:
Ziryab wrote:Well they do make a joke out of it when Fumina says "kabe-don" when Minato corners Yuuma against a wall. So there's your yaoi subtext! :lol:
Partially related, but for me, the best part of that scene was how as he exits, you hear Minato make a noise and see him flexing his hand. I guess he hit the wall a little too hard. :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/ctxKtgc.png
BrentD15

Dat fang.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Wellman

Honestly, that was a hell of a fight. Tryon3 is probably the best Gundam design coming out this series in my opinion.

Hell, I think I might like it more then G-Self with the perfect backpack. Now THAT would be a nice fight.
Amion

Wellman wrote:Honestly, that was a hell of a fight. Tryon3 is probably the best Gundam design coming out this series in my opinion.

Hell, I think I might like it more then G-Self with the perfect backpack. Now THAT would be a nice fight.
That would. But Trion 3 would have my full support. :D
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kuruni

When you think about it from "Tryon-3's Gunpla Promo" perspective, this episode does even more excellent job.

* The Armed Booster beat Try Burning's Seiken-Zuki.
* Its firepower outclass both Lightning FB and Star Winning combined.
* Tryzan 1-2-3 almost finish all three TRY Fighters.
* Chohoken can stop Lightning FB's high beam rifle's blast powered via Plavsky Power Gate (sort of mythology gag here? Exia Dark Matter did so against Star Build Strike back then...).
* Neither V-fin, leg claws, or lion head are just for show!

Serious, it pretty much beat each of TRY Fighters in their own game, and has some awesome trick befitting super robot it is.
YokozunaBulldozer

So recently found out that Denial was originally Cathedral Gundam when Meijin Kawaguchi II had it.

It was Meijin Kawaguchi II's Gunpla where he gave it his all when creating it.
Later it was revised as the Denial Gundam that we know.
But before it was in Junya's hands it was quite standard in terms of armaments carrying a shield and rifle.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
gunform1010

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So recently found out that Denial was originally Cathedral Gundam when Meijin Kawaguchi II had it.

But before it was in Junya's hands it was quite standard in terms of armaments carrying a shield and rifle.
Still waiting on how it was passed down...

RyuseiDateSRX

gunform1010 wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So recently found out that Denial was originally Cathedral Gundam when Meijin Kawaguchi II had it.

Still waiting on how it was passed down...
This.
YokozunaBulldozer

Spoiler
So this week was a nice pause from all the fierce battles and to get pumped for the next two weeks.
Considering Sakai is helping and how Yuuma decided to borrow Star Winning I am anticipating Super Robot Variable Formation Tryon Fun Time as teased in the preview.
Also interested to see how Adou's wrist will play into all this.
The second I see that combination I am so gonna yell VARIABLE FORMATION!!!!!!!!!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

Pretty good breather episode. It done its job for build-up the mood of upcoming battle good enough. Not memorable as Gunpla Eve from first season, but not bad at all.
Strike Zero

Not much to say this time around, they set the stage nicely for the final showdown, now all that's left is for the teams to rip it up. :)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Strike105

I kinda chuckled when
Spoiler
Mamoru asked Shimon which of the St. Odessa girls was his girlfriend, but only because I saw it coming. Though the series likes to throw curveballs and tries to make us question which of Sekai's harem he's going to officially hook up with, there's a pretty good chance that it's either going to be Fumina (simply because they're the obvious lead male and obvious lead female characters, and that's just the pattern most shows seem to go with, with few exceptions.), or nobody, just to keep the speculation going after the show finishes. I predicted fairly early on that Gyanko would stop pursuing Sekai at some point and possibly be in a relationship with another character if she showed up after that. Since Shimon is literally the only other male Gyanko has hung out with on friendly terms aside from Sekai, he would most likely be the one she would pursue a relationship with if that ever happened. While this is in no way confirmation that my prediction was true, since she's still around, apparently still hasn't given up on Sekai, and hasn't shown any interest toward Shimon, I still saw at least that generic "SHE'S/HE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND!" reaction type of scene coming, even if it was an actual misunderstanding on Mamoru's part and not a possible foreshadowing for the last episode.

Also kinda curious about the four teacups in China's apartment. I know two are for herself and Sei, but who are the other two for? It's possible they've been laid out in preparation in case Reiji and Aila came back unexpectedly, but if that's the case, why would they turn up in France, of all places, when Reiji only ever came to Japan? Could Reiji and Aila have already come back, and we just haven't been told outright? It's possible that they're for other guests, but who could those guests be? Just a pair of nameless characters, or someone from last season? Rinko and Takeshi in for a visit, perhaps?
gunform1010

Doc, you said Adou's wrist was healed. What, did he get too swole in the past few days and fight +200 battles? :?

Way to not finally show Sei. :evil:

But on the other hand, title drops. Roll credits! *ding* :mrgreen:

Strike Zero

It was Adou himself who claimed that the doctor cleared him, wasn't it? He was probably just bullshitting Kijima so that he wouldn't bar him off the team.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:It was Adou himself who claimed that the doctor cleared him, wasn't it? He was probably just bullshitting Kijima so that he wouldn't bar him off the team.
Or rather bullshitting the coach himself. Man has no chill.

killmikekill

I liked the whole Minato and Yuuma interactions in this episode. It was also interesting to see how different past opponents tried to help the Try fighters in their own unique fashion. Whether it was the triplets giving them video on the gunpla academy, Junya trying to teach Sekai a new technique, Gyanko getting supplies for Fumina, or Minato helping Yuuma fix gunplas. I hope that the whole issue with Adou's wrist does not impact the fight too much. It would be sad to see a competitor like him go down because of something like that. I wish they had done the Sekai moment earlier in the season.