The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

Mattro wrote:Well this episode was something, all them feels. Manny/Luin and Klim/Mick. bellri is an ass.
Spoiler
Mask takes off the mask? Kinda touching. But Luin and Manny are still crazy.

Also Guiana thing was really real. WOW. 35th Anniversary is code for "Shove Guiana into a show and have some wrist injury" is it? :mrgreen:
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Victorize

Spoiler
Did Domon have a wrist injury while he was training in the Guiana Highlands? The only injury I recall him having was of the frontal lobe.
I'm loving most of the "final battle" MS designs, exceptions being the G-Lucifer and Kerbes' weird thing. But there are a LOT. And everyone's crazy prototype survived the penultimate episode. (I'm not counting the Yggdrasil, obviously) But wow... for how much Towasanga was being hyped during the first half of the show they jobbed HARD. It was pretty funny seeing whatsherface totally lose her shit from Rockpie's death to the point that she (purposefully?) got her ship blown up.

Towasanga's role in the series has me kinda confused though. They had *initially* allied themselves with Ameria covertly, right? Since they were the ones who sent them the G-Self? But then when the plot moved to space Ameria was just as much at odds with Towasanga as Capital Tower. But then Venus Globe allied with Capital Tower because... they wanted to kill the earthnoids and move back to earth, and Cumpa's like "yea I hate those earthnoids anyway. Just share your crazy tech with us." So Towasanga, now no longer seen as a tactically advantageous ally by anyone but Ameria, kinda allies with them by default?

I wish the politics, especially the motivations and backstory for the Venus Globe cast, hadn't taken so much of a backseat to shoehorned MS battles. I feel like half of the first arc's episode count would've been better spent on that. As it is, it feels kinda like Venus Globe was just included as an excuse to throw in a bunch of additional MS designs.
Chris
Administrator

It's definitely convoluted, but here's as best as I can make it out:

-Towasanga, specifically the Dorette Fleet, secretly plans the Reconguista of Earth.
-Ameria and the Capital Army come to space and both make overtures to Towasanga, ala Zeta with the AEUG/Titans/Axis.
-The G-IT Corps are allied with Towasanga's Hazm Government for the Reconguista, according to Kia. However, the Hazm Government and the Dorette Fleet are apparently at odds.
-After the Venus Globe trip, the Megafauna returns and finds that the G-IT Corps have allied themselves with the Capital Army while the Dorette Fleet is now with Ameria. I don't see why the G-IT would ally themselves with Earthnoids rather than Spacenoids if their plan is to conquer the Earth.

I definitely agree that the first half of the series should've focused more on story than random MS battles with the Capital Army. I really feel like Tomino was trying to tell a 26 episode story with 50 episode pacing.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Victorize

Thanks Chris! Definitely cleared up some details that I missed. Though I think maybe G-IT don't consider Capital Tower to be Earthnoids since they don't technically live *on* earth and are in contention with the more literal Earthnoids. Even when they first showed up, I (and other people too IIRC) thought that G-IT was maybe secretly allied with Count Cumpa all along.

Even given a 50 episode show, though, I felt like the conflict between Ameria and the Capital Tower was the less interesting part and I wouldn't have wanted more episodes devoted to it. I felt like theirs was a rather simple conflict of interests over concentration of political/economic power. And then when we find out motivations towards the end, they're pretty lackluster. For instance: beneath Mask's cool demeanor he's really just a dick who refuses to be friends with Bellri because he's butthurt about being a Kuntala. Now, I actually kind of *like* this about his character but it also makes me hope that he dies in a very Jerid-esque way. And as much as I liked Manny, with how dumb she was being in this week's episode, flying around in an undeserved mobile armor, she's pretty much begging to be Quess'd.
Chris
Administrator

Victorize wrote:Thanks Chris! Definitely cleared up some details that I missed. Though I think maybe G-IT don't consider Capital Tower to be Earthnoids since they don't technically live *on* earth and are in contention with the more literal Earthnoids. Even when they first showed up, I (and other people too IIRC) thought that G-IT was maybe secretly allied with Count Cumpa all along.
Even though the Capital Tower goes into space, the Capital Army is based on Earth and staffed with Earthnoids. Throughout the series, Cumpa has derided Jugan and other members of the Army as backwards Earthnoids. I think it's probably safe to classify them as Earthnoids even if they do have one foot in space.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
BrentD15

Victorize wrote:It was pretty funny seeing Mashner totally lose her ZOINKS from Rockpie's death to the point that she (purposefully?) got her ship blown up.
If I was on that ship, I would've decided she was unfit for command and sent her to the brig. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Geoxile

Chris wrote:It's definitely convoluted, but here's as best as I can make it out:

-Towasanga, specifically the Dorette Fleet, secretly plans the Reconguista of Earth.
-Ameria and the Capital Army come to space and both make overtures to Towasanga, ala Zeta with the AEUG/Titans/Axis.
-The G-IT Corps are allied with Towasanga's Hazm Government for the Reconguista, according to Kia. However, the Hazm Government and the Dorette Fleet are apparently at odds.
-After the Venus Globe trip, the Megafauna returns and finds that the G-IT Corps have allied themselves with the Capital Army while the Dorette Fleet is now with Ameria. I don't see why the G-IT would ally themselves with Earthnoids rather than Spacenoids if their plan is to conquer the Earth.

I definitely agree that the first half of the series should've focused more on story than random MS battles with the Capital Army. I really feel like Tomino was trying to tell a 26 episode story with 50 episode pacing.
On Hazm and G-IT. Kia said that they received a contract from the Hazm government and were directed to intercept the Crescent ship. The only implication is that the G-IT lab was acting as a mercenary group working for Hazm. It seems the use of the word reconguista by both the Dorette fleet and G-IT has led people to believe the two sides are in cahoots, but as far as I'm aware there is no strong evidence of any alliance
Compass

I feel like I would have understood the goals of these people the same without subtitles. Like seriously, what is going on with Manny? I'm sure she wants Luin to succeed, but to kill Bellri to achieve that? Wat.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
killmikekill

Looks like someone has been browsing /m/.
BrentD15

killmikekill wrote:
I'm sure he frequents their discussions as much as I do. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
latenlazy

Victorize wrote: Towasanga's role in the series has me kinda confused though. They had *initially* allied themselves with Ameria covertly, right? Since they were the ones who sent them the G-Self?
No, Ameria happened upon the G-Self by chance. Towasanga sent the G-Self down to do recon, and it was intercepted by both the Capital Army and Amerian Army during atmospheric descent. That was the first scene in episode 1. The Rayhunton faction submitted the G-Self to the Dorette fleet as an option for the next generation of mass produced MS, but they had it hide its true capabilities so that it wouldn't be selected. That way it would still be part of the Reconguista, so that they could look for Bellri and Aida.
Destiny_Gundam

So is this really the final battle? Doesn't feel like it. There's nothing at stake and regardless of who wins it's such a small scale skirmish that nothing will change. Ending things with a more personal struggle is just fine, but none of these rivalries got any development so there's not much to care about.

Well, at least there'll be pretty lights.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Epic SA-X Guy

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm sort of getting into this series and I was wondering:

Is it only going to be 26 episodes? Or is it a 00/Code Geass type thing where they're splitting it in half?
Destiny_Gundam

"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

I guess all we can really expect is a shouting match between Bell and Mask. Maybe all the antagonists are wiped out.

But let's have Bell die. Not b/c he sucks but b/c it's more fun that way.

Amion

gunform1010 wrote:I guess all we can really expect is a shouting match between Bell and Mask. Maybe all the antagonists are wiped out.

But let's have Bell die. Not b/c he sucks but b/c it's more fun that way.
But Tomino's reformed now, so... :)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
anonena

BrentD15 wrote:
killmikekill wrote:
I'm sure he frequents their discussions as much as I do. :P
at least /m/ understand this show

I were almost lose faith in humanity
killmikekill

anonena wrote:
at least /m/ understand this show

I were almost lose faith in humanity
Just like any board there are some good posters there but there are also a lot of trolls. You have to sift through the massive amounts of garbage to get to the good stuff.
gunform1010

Amazing. :lol: