The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

Huh. I haven't kept up with G-Reco on Youtube for the past few weeks, and I was planning on doing that tomorrow when I have some free time. Guess that's not happening now.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Deathzealot

What! Why. I was just about getting ready to go rewatch the series now that it has gotten to a certain point.
Kuruni

It's updated, but I'm not in USA.
My girlfriend was a loli.
phillosmaster

Still locked out in the USA (at least for me). What a bummer. I was just getting into it really. It felt like the story was picking up.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
BrentD15

Well, it's not the first time Sunrise would pull something like this.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Outlaw

Wow, either they're being total jerks or now we know what Rightstuff will be bring out after Turn A.
Oh, alternatively they could be doing what they did with Doan's Island and AGE; trying to sweep the less "successful" aspects of Gundam under the rug.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Wellman

Dang, so I can't even get to rewatch some of the better fights scenes of this flawed but mostly visually excellent series on youtube any more?

Crap like this is why Gundam has trouble picking up traction in the US even with the bad series, it gets pulled, rescheduled or whatever making it that fans that don't use streaming sites or torrents can access it.
Rob DS Zeta

I literally revived this account so I could come here and be sad about this. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated about Gundam-related events than this. I know a lot of people weren't necessarily digging this series, but I was actually really liking it. Sure, it's not the best, but reletively few things ever are. I was just happy that I could watch it on Youtube.

And now Bamco continue to demonstrate their phobia of the West. Why? I'd just like to know why.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
BrentD15

Rob DS Zeta wrote:I literally revived this account so I could come here and be sad about this. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated about Gundam-related events than this. I know a lot of people weren't necessarily digging this series, but I was actually really liking it. Sure, it's not the best, but reletively few things ever are. I was just happy that I could watch it on Youtube.

And now Bamco continue to demonstrate their phobia of the West. Why? I'd just like to know why.
Welcome back!
And yeah, it's frustrating trying to figure out why Bamco did what they did.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
LightningCount

It could mean a lot of things, but I think most likely it means that Sunrise finalized their deal for a full-scale US release. Back on 10/11/14, ANN reported: "The company [Sunrise] is also working with a U.S. distributor to release Gundam: Reconguista in G in North America. Sunrise did not announce which company would release the series." (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ide/.79830) It was implied that the partner wasn't Rightstuf at the time. It sounded like Rightstuf was focusing more on "legacy" titles than anything. If so, it's likely the new US distributor demanded the streaming rights. My guess is it's either Funimation or Sentai.

The other choice is that they're scrapping all plans for Reconguista in G for the immediate future due to its mixed reception.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that Rightstuf doesn't have any streaming for Turn-A yet. Usually they stream things they pick up. But Turn-A must not be considered a part of their Nozomi licensing arm. It must be a different kind of partnership than what they got with Cobra or Gasaraki, etc.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
battletech

Well what ever the reason. It has soured my enjoyment of the series. What ever deal they have made I will not be participating in by buying the DVD/Blu-ray. I'm just really tired of them fumbling the ball when it comes to releasing Gundam outside of Japan. At lest they seem to be doing well with the OVA's and movies. It only seems to be TV series they run into problems with.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
InjuredPelican

So is this show worth watching at all? I stopped at Episode 3 cause it didn't seem to be going anywhere that made sense...
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Brave Fencer Kirby

I got to episode 10 or so and pretty much had the same impression. I'd still be watching if I could view the episodes on Youtube, but since they killed that I haven't bothered.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
InjuredPelican

It actually seemed interesting to me, but the dark skinned girl really started to get on my nerves. She looks like Lauran from Turn A, but she's basically mentally handicapped and kinda useless in the "story". I know Gundam shows have had children and such, though usually with some kind of excuse at least, but I really didn't understand who would bring that girl into the battlefield. Does she ever get any development?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
HalfDemonInuyasha

InjuredPelican wrote:It actually seemed interesting to me, but the dark skinned girl really started to get on my nerves. She looks like Lauran from Turn A, but she's basically mentally handicapped and kinda useless in the "story". I know Gundam shows have had children and such, though usually with some kind of excuse at least, but I really didn't understand who would bring that girl into the battlefield. Does she ever get any development?
Yeah, after they get into space, she soon regains her memories and talks normally.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
BrentD15

I say it's worth it.
Mimeblade

"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude."

---But to you guys who try watching my show overseas... SCREW YOU BUY MY STUFF!

Is there seriously any way around this region lock? I've been seeing new episodes upload and it's just plain not fair, I mean... why even put it in English subs?
monster

Mimeblade wrote:I mean... why even put it in English subs?
It's probably a good language to use internationally. Just because it's not necessarily directed at the Japanese audience doesn't mean it's then directed at any particular region instead.
BrentD15

I think I heard something about Vimeo owning streaming rights, so that might have something to do with it...
Chris
Administrator

monster wrote:
Mimeblade wrote:I mean... why even put it in English subs?
It's probably a good language to use internationally. Just because it's not necessarily directed at the Japanese audience doesn't mean it's then directed at any particular region instead.
This doesn't make any sense because it was specifically directed at the U.S. region on the official Gundam.info YouTube channel, just like Build Fighters before it. It was absolutely intended for U.S. viewers until it was blocked without explanation.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his