The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

FINAL EPISODES SUMMARIES!
Spoiler
24:
Gusion allies with Dorette to strike the Capital Army, and declares it to Pirate Squad's Klim(not sure why he is associated with the pirate squad). However, Barara's large MA Yggdrasil attacks the two fleets. The kaleidoscope of death flashes in space.

25:
Bellri sorties in the Perfect Pack G-Self and in front of his eyes, Mask's Kabakari and Manny's G-Rach stand in the way. The battlefield rages with Venus Globe's new model MS being pulled by gravity, towards the blazing hell of the atmosphere.

26:
Bellri who tries to stop the war is being pushed back by his formidable foes. Meanwhile, the Langebein and Wuxia unit led by Jugan fights Klim and Mick. The Guyana's Highlands sky shines as dawn arrives and the various feelings continue to intersect
It seems Tomino still regards G as the only canon AU series
BrentD15

Wingnut wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:I had no idea how huge Rosenthal was.
He just towers over Barara.
Seriously. This guy gives Dozle Zabi a run for his money in terms of size. You'd think he'd need a larger custom cockpit too.
And yeah, a touch of classic Tomino going on here with Rockpie and secondary characters looking like they're gonna start croaking.
It feels kinda rushed to me, as if the deaths weren't better paced in the previous episodes (such as when they were trying to get to the Space Church and when the Venusian pilots showed up).
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

BrentD15 wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:I had no idea how huge Rosenthal was.
He just towers over Barara.
Seriously. This guy gives Dozle Zabi a run for his money in terms of size. You'd think he'd need a larger custom cockpit too.
And yeah, a touch of classic Tomino going on here with Rockpie and secondary characters looking like they're gonna start croaking.
It feels kinda rushed to me, as if the deaths weren't better paced in the previous episodes (such as when they were trying to get to the Space Church and when the Venusian pilots showed up).
That guy is ginormous. Goodness gracious.

Didn't get that feeling of rushing myself...

Side note: BDs- where are the clean OPs/EDs?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Outlaw

Ziryab wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:Wish we can have second season of G-Reco...I love the frantic pace of this series, and also the out-of-this world mobile weapon designs it has.
Oh definitely the designs are a strong point of the series. Look so insane. :mrgreen:
Damn right! They're almost as out-of-this-gundam-world as some of the designs in Turn A *pining sigh*
Personally, I'm not so in love with the later series designs, mostly the G-IT labs suits. My vote for ugliest in show has to go to the Neodu. *shudder*
I am, however, a big fan of the Z'Gok's far flung descendent. Figures the first amphibious MS I like is the one that's probably not going to get a kit release.

killmikekill wrote:On a lighter note, did anyone else catch this little gem: http://i.imgur.com/Q2YxGrf.png http://i.imgur.com/4lxESU0.png
Didn't anyone teach the captain not to keep his personal files on his work computer. tisk tisk
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Wellman

I agree the later suit designs kick all sorts of arse and I once again can't stop raving about that Perfect Back pack... my goodness its awesome.

Also weird almost equal fanservice this episode to go along with the deaths. Mashner pics... awesome. Bellri naked... not my cup of tea but for the ladies and fellas that enjoy that sort of stuff. Aida's pop being rubbed down shirtless... :shock:

Spoiler
Adios Rockpie and Wuxia commander whose name I have forgotten but will remember as my favorite Capital Army mook, yall will be missed.
Calubin_175

It was good that Manny gave the G-Rach to CA, so at least they have a bargaining chip with the GIT forces in forging an alliance apart from just providing Wuxia and Mack Knifes.
latenlazy

Was I the only person who got a slight Aida death flag in the previews....
BrentD15

Am I the only one here that doesn't take the term "death flag" seriously?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Wellman

latenlazy wrote:Was I the only person who got a slight Aida death flag in the previews....
Eh, I figure it is just going to be her adopted pops honestly. But no doubt, Tomino will kill someone off... that's just his way.
monster

BrentD15 wrote:Am I the only one here that doesn't take the term "death flag" seriously?
I dislike the term myself. I mean, I get it. There are signs that could hint at a future death, but it isn't (or at least, shouldn't be) the case that all such signs point to death.

Actually, I generally dislike all such flags, not just those that point to death, although that seems to be the most commonly used.
latenlazy

BrentD15 wrote:Am I the only one here that doesn't take the term "death flag" seriously?
No, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to point them out :P
BrentD15

monster wrote:
I dislike the term myself. I mean, I get it. There are signs that could hint at a future death, but it isn't (or at least, shouldn't be) the case that all such signs point to death.

Actually, I generally dislike all such flags, not just those that point to death, although that seems to be the most commonly used.
Same here.
Mattro

latenlazy wrote:Was I the only person who got a slight Aida death flag in the previews....
Aida's Dad yes I got huge death flags from him along with Barara. I think those two are as dead as Rockpie in the next episode.

Aida, I don't really see her dying through the course of the show. To many people try their best to make sure she doesn't die.
Ziryab

If it gets lonely at sea then it must get really lonely out in space. But where did those pics of Mashner come from? Space social media? Her profile page? Rockpie's image account?
latenlazy wrote:
Indeed it is fun. And maybe more so when predictions are wrong and you can point at and laugh at whoever made the prediction. :lol: But if Aida's adopted father/space Tony Stark bites it, can we label the non-existent foreshadowing "pineapple lotion"? :p

And any idea if the Venusian moths/space police are going to get any facetime or will we only see their mobile suits for the rest of the show?
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Amion

Ziryab wrote:If it gets lonely at sea then it must get really lonely out in space. But where did those pics of Mashner come from? Space social media? Her profile page? Rockpie's image account?
latenlazy wrote:
Indeed it is fun. And maybe more so when predictions are wrong and you can point at and laugh at whoever made the prediction. :lol: But if Aida's adopted father/space Tony Stark bites it, can we label the non-existent foreshadowing "pineapple lotion"? :p

And any idea if the Venusian moths/space police are going to get any facetime or will we only see their mobile suits for the rest of the show?
That's right. Their faceless voices will be all you see of them as each one goes by way of the Shrike team until they're aaaaaaaall gone.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kyuzo Aoi

One odd thing.

Did anyone noticed that Rosenthal as a weird pompadour?

Considering Space Dandy has a pompadour and both Dandy and Rosenthal are voiced by Junichi Suwabe, I swear this could not be coincidence. 8)
I am a Gundam!
BrentD15

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:One odd thing.

Did anyone noticed that Rosenthal as a weird pompadour?

Considering Space Dandy has a pompadour and both Dandy and Rosenthal are voiced by Junichi Suwabe, I swear this could not be coincidence. 8)
Now we need Reconguista to get a English Dub with Rosenthal voiced by Dandy's English VA. :D
Ziryab

Hmm... I'm seriously gonna need a Rosenthal-style pompadour wig for a Rosenthal/Space Dandy cosplay!
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Mythgarr

So...three episodes later the show will end? Nooo!
And looks like it's not a definitive end too! This has been the most toy commercial story Tomino has written, I think. New MSs on each episodes, new backpacs for G-Self on every story arcs, and boy, G-Arcane has not even transformed yet :P
Visit The Dreams