JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
VR7

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Has anyone kept up with this anime?

The second season is airing now every Friday I think, they're already up to Episode 3. The second season covers everything from Iggy and N'Doul all the way up to DIO's World.
Spoiler
Oingo Boingo brothers are the best.
-noel
GX9900-Gundam-X

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

VR7 wrote:Has anyone kept up with this anime?

The second season is airing now every Friday I think, they're already up to Episode 3. The second season covers everything from Iggy and N'Doul all the way up to DIO's World.
Spoiler
Oingo Boingo brothers are the best.
YES I AM
Did you see the star platinum fast ball special just the smile he had it was wonderous
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Henyo

ORAAAAA!!

i also watched the first season. and liked it very much. it don't have the time to read the manga so this is a blessing for me. so, have any of you struck a fabulous JOJO pose? :twisted:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
VR7

I've read random bits and pieces of the manga, and I've watched the entire series starting from Phantom Blood (the very first story arc) onwards and parts of the 90s OVA. Somehow I didn't enjoy the 90s OVA as much. Everything from Battle Tendency onwards, though, is pretty much mandatory watching for anyone who even has the slightest interest in anime.

Phantom Blood is good too, but aside from Jonathan yelling a lot it's very derivative of generic 80s anime clichés.
-noel
GX9900-Gundam-X

Well the OVA cut alot of the story and made the fights slightly more generic taking the charm of how the heros needed to be smart and skillful to win the day, Meanwhile phantom blood is a very nice change of pace compared to a lot of the newer anime sometimes its refreshing to have a hero who is just straight up good guy and a villain who is a straight up arsehole I can really recommend the manga as something to look at when you have time because its just a fun ride in general
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
VR7

It's not a bad thing that Phantom Blood was written the way it was, (I enjoyed it) but I would think it's a hard sell to people who are not really big fans of simple 80s styled shounen stories. Otherwise, they would love Hokuto no Ken for more than just Kenshiro punching people and yelling a lot.

It's easy to recommend everything from Battle Tendency onwards, though, because Joseph Joestar is already a very charming guy right off his first on-screen appearance, and the extravagance only picks up from there.
-noel
Henyo

thanks to a certain space Fujoshi i met in a con(and harcore JOJO fan.) i discovered that there was a major change Iggy's two part debut. the part where Kakyoin got his eyes slashed, it was Jotaro who was near him. no Avdol. as that Space Fujoshi said: it was a chance for Jotaro to show more emotions.

wonder why they changed that scene. anyone know a site that posts big changes such as this?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
AmuroNT1

I shared this on my main forum, figured I'd also put it up here...

Something kinda cool: Someone did an analysis of all the imagery and hidden bits in the Egypt Arc's OP and ED. MASSIVE spoilers, including character deaths; I know this is a nearly 30-year-old story, but better safe than sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xGJXRcHKQY

Since it's in Japanese, a few of the more interesting bits:
Spoiler
-A LOT of references to the fact that we're going to lose a few heroes in the end. For example, the train scene in the ED shows Joseph holding only three tickets. A lot more explicit with the staircase scene in the OP, where the characters on the left (Polnareff, Joseph, and Jotaro) are the ones who survive the series while the ones on the right (Avdol, Iggy, and Kakyoin) don't.
-1:27: Very quickly, the name of the theme song changes from "Sono Chi no Kioku" (The Memory of This Blood) to "Sono Chi no Sadame" (The Fate of this Blood), the title of the OP for the Phantom Blood anime.
-1:41: When the theme song's credit is disappearing, for about one frame it turns into "Kamikaze Douga", the producer of the OP animations. Might be a callback to how, in the opening for Battle Tendency, the name briefly changed into "Kami Arashi" as a reference to Wammu's Holy Sandstorm attack.
-1:58: The trio that fights Vanilla Ice is shown; there's a red line between them, with Polnareff in front and Iggy and Avdol behind, signifying that they get killed.
-2:00 to 2:15: The effects The World has on everyone; notably, Jotaro's right hand moves almost imperceptibly, signifying his ability to resist its effects.
-2:31: The "Director" credit briefly changes into "Memetaa", the sound effect that appears in Phantom Blood when Zeppeli demonstrates his Hamon by punching a frog. This gag appears in all four OPs.
-2:36 to 2:47: A reflection of The World is very faintly visible in the glass Star Platinum shatters; the maker of the video was kind enough to use a post-processing program to reveal it.
-2:48 to 2:57: Five seconds pass between The World showing up in the broken glass and DIO appearing; during the battle against The World, Jotaro discovers that Star Platinum can freeze time as well, with a hard limit of five seconds.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Ziryab

Anyone have details or preordered the new English language version of the manga about to drop this week? Trying to find out if there'll be any editing before I start picking them up.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003