The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-I

New episode, new post.
Spoiler
Of course everyone surprised the Burning Burst is a feature of the Denial.

Junya talks smack towards Sekai. Also a dragon thing to counter Sekai's phoenix- the emotionally-linked alternate reality returns from Build Fighters but in a darker context. Junya destroys the Try Burning's right arm and flips Sekai over. Of course FINALLY the Fumi and Yuu show up to assist- uh no. They just came for emotional support. And so Sekai stands- Junya still is curbstomping Sekai, and strangling Sekai with the hair! Apparently sparks can fly from Sekai's body... well at least Sekai doesn't suddenly bleed.

But Sekai has some weird near death assimilation enhancement- the RG Core Unit is mentioned here, and Shia calls the Try Burning pretty again as it levels up. So Sekai kinda literally became further one with the Gunpla... multiple circles spawn, and the animation style kind changes AND DID A BUNCH OF RG PROJECTIONS JUST EJECT WHAT THE HECK.

Also the Reppaku-Ken shows up by itself now. And Junya therefore finally realizes that Sekai came up with the techniques on his own and Sekai kinda impales Junya with his fist during this epiphany. Everyone's shocked... and then the sun rises. The best "Battle Ended" is declared yet.

So the battle finished in half-an-episode. Sekai this time doesn't pass out, good for him. Sekai gets angsty over damaging the TRY Burning but Yuuma said he can talk to Sei to hook him up. Junya shows up... and Junya finally chills. Some new insert song- anyone wanna find that one? It sounds really good. Suga gives Junya a ride... and they discuss the aftermath of the battle. Suga somehow screws with Junya and that causes a mess...

Lucas decides to step in and show that he can be a challenge to the TRY Burning. So... yeah, the White Wolf team is going to get rekt. That was hella quick. Also, Coach gag returns. Also, Aila reference. (can we see her again pls) The White Wolf team counts their chickens before they hatch, of course.

The Full Cloth Crossbone causes White Wolf to ZOINKS their pants, followed by a full barrage- met by an I-field.

And then we don't see the rest of the battle. The cheerleaders praise that RG Core Projection thingy. BRO WE JUST SAW ALL THAT IT'S COOL WE GET IT. Now, Sekai goes to help Yuuma reconstruct the TRY Burning... not before bumping into Lucas, though. Lucas shows some concern... before declaring "I'LL KICK YOUR ZOINKS"

We find out Lucas TORE THEM APART. Adou chuckles over this, Shia tells him to shut up, and Wilfrid shows mild concern.

Episode preview, along with the aftermath of that curbstomp we just saw, implies that Lucas will give the Celestial Team a run for their money. Of course, we know who wins, but...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
DoubleZero

Lucas is definitely a Quatre.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
GX9900-Gundam-X

This battle gave me a real Shuffle fight vibe in the dense that it was equals and seemed to be tense despite knowing the outcome as well as half mixed with the Master Asia fights we got to see the communication of this fist almost presented in a literal way and Sekai unveiled his newest Limit break
Spoiler
Apparently its a fusion of God Shadow and Zell's Duel limit from FF8 with God Ginger and Lazer heat end for good measure as far as finish moves go its my favorite this far the Taste The pain-bow however it is also another example of the true ultimate power of Jigan Hou the plot convenience Finger,
Also we got to see the Crossbone full cloth.................. for about ten seconds really it would make me actually excited for Lucas if this trick haddn't already been done to death for most the series along with the lip service that every team is sooooo goddamned strong and yet always go down so easy at least in G Gundam Strong opponents usually put up a good fight aside from that I enjoyed this very G-Style episode but its not with out its issues that I am sure Balofo and Lord Dearche will be here to point out soon enough!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Wingnut

gunform1010 wrote:Suga gives Junya a ride... and they discuss the aftermath of the battle. Suga somehow screws with Junya and that causes a mess...
Junya asks when Suga got his driver's license and he replies that he got it 2 days ago. Knowing how new drivers can be here in the States (I got into my first accident literally 1 week after getting mine), one can only imagine how they are in Japan. Junya is justifiably fearful for his life. :mrgreen:

During the battle I got a FMP vibe with Sekai as Souske and Junya as Guron with their styles and how the latter was talking smack while smacking down on the former. Anyone else get the same vibe?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
balofo

Another bad ep, all these asspulls and hypocrisy...

Next ep better be good
Ryujin

We were all expecting Team White Wolf to job, but what's hilarious is that they jobbed OFFSCREEN.

It's also sad that the staff ate up screentime not just by showing a flashback, but a flashback from something that just happened in the first half of the episode.
Gundam420

It's not hilarious that they jobbed offscreen. It's hilarious that they jobbed offscreen...again.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Brave Fencer Kirby

Yeah, not impressed with this episode either. Sekai pulls a win out from nowhere by inventing an entirely new and obscenely powerful technique in a completely spontaneous, 100% spur-of-the-moment situation... again. At least Build Knuckle spam didn't make them pull stuff out of their ass. It was boring, but this is boring and stupid.

Then, as Ryujin, Team White Wolf gets jobbed and we don't even get to see it. I don't generally enjoy one-sided fights, but occasionally they're entertaining (I thought Shia vs Kei was pretty good, for instance), and some battle is better than no battle at all. Instead we got to see a flashback of something from earlier in the episode. Yeah, I'm totally glad that you showed us that again instead of showing us the other fight that happened this episode.

As an aside, how did Lucas even get from the tournament to the hotel that fast? Was everyone else watching the fight on a delay for some reason? Hell, on TV, the Crossbone was still floating there, dramatically overlooking the wreckage of the White Wolf mecha. It's a minor thing, but that sort of continuity conflict annoys me. Actually, on that note, what happened to Fumina and Yuuma's mecha? They were standing behind Junya, and then everything behind Junya got vaporized. No mention of Sekai's teammates. I mean, presumably they avoided getting their gunpla incinerated, but don't you think it's worth mentioning that they were standing where everything just got disintegrated?

I don't think that there's been a single fight this series that hasn't been obvious who was going to win simply from who was fighting. Yeah, I accept that the protagonists are going to have a certain amount of plot armor, but even the side characters have it at this point. There's no drama to a match if you already know who's going to win and the matches themselves are uninteresting.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Raikoh

I don't get it, why was Junya using his Gunplas abilities and his martial arts for fighting a dirty tactic like everyone was saying it was? Is it because "it's hurting Sekai"? In that case, isn't assimilation just as dirty by making whoever is up against it look like the bad guy for fighting back? Whatever.

I'd have to say I'd have enjoyed the end to that fight a lot more if it wasn't the same as all of Sekai's fights ends. I'd say it's at least good that it's not just another PUNCH HARDER move, though it's just HIT THEM HARD MORE (also it points out how all of Sekai's moves are fundamentally the exact same thing... Good job...) Also rather funny that you're talking about inventing your own moves and stuff and then your big unveil is a point-for-point copy of Stardust Mirage. Oh, wait, it had silver and purple. Moving on!

Waitasec, wasn't his name Kankaansyrjä?

I ask because apparently everyone in-universe was completely aware of his connection to Team Nemesis and Aila. What's the point of the pseudonym in that case?

OH MY GOD TEAM JOBBER JOBBED.

OFF SCREEN.

They're really trying to tease us with the Crossbone by having it move as much as Godmars this episode (that is, not at all) aren't they? Also, this is the, what, fifth "ultimate superhax unbeatable" Gunpla we've had?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
YokozunaBulldozer

Gundam420 wrote:It's not hilarious that they jobbed offscreen. It's hilarious that they jobbed offscreen...again.
They are a personified version of the board game Clue is what you are saying. :mrgreen:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Blazer-X

Everyone expected team job to job. But its REALLY stupid they did it all offscreen. If you're going to have the trouble of making crossbone fight, at least do it onscreen so we see exactly what gunpla academy is going up against.

I get that they're going for a parallel here with the renatos brothers and julian beating luang and mao offscreen, but there's a couple of things they forgot: both luang and mao have been established and SHOWN onscreen to be powerful fighters. White wolf has won once and lost every other time, quite badly even. Hell, we've practically never seen their leader in action. Beating them isn't impressive at this point.

I want Lucas to win the next match. Its REALLY a let down if they try to set up this rivalry with Sekai just to never deliver because he loses to Gunpla Academy.
balofo

Lucas will lose because of Portent's repair ability and his team mates are nameless grunts

Wonder if the Xi is used by one of his team mates
Lord Dearche

Just watched the episode. At least half of it, and I'm sorry, but that's it. I've been able to accept all the other fights because he's a genric shounen cliche gary stu. But NO ONE can defend how garbage this battle was, and how Try has turned this Franchise into a joke. I like the series, but Sekai pulling the ass pull of all ass pulls and magically doing what he did? It's just flat out pissed in the face of everything the real season tried to create.

Creating Gunpla, at least sticking to it's own rules and basis, all that. But Try? Just the same damn Heart of the Cards and last minute magical power up out of nowhere that lets him pull off any kind of BS he wants because he's Sekai, the character who's never had to work for anything.

And that's the sad thing, It's entirely Sekai. Get rid of him and Try would have been a lot better, almost as good as S1. Any victories he acheives aren't worth squat when he's not doing any real work.

"Sekai: Will you still fight with me?!"

IT'S A DAMN TOY.
Raikoh

Lord Dearche wrote:"Sekai: Will you still fight with me?!"

IT'S A DAMN TOY.
I actually get what they were going for with that.

But they already did it in S1 with Fellini and that one was so much more touching for... A lot of reasons that I don't think need to be stated. Honestly it just made me remember that scene.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
battletech

Fantastic episode. All along Sekai was creating a new fighting style while Junya was just copying styles. Sekai reaching Junya through his fist just like G Gundam. Man and machine/toy working together to act as one. Incredibility awesome.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
gunform1010

Ok, seriously, does anyone know that insert b/c that was good.

Also surprise that Yomi didn't just go all "YOU GOT A CAR YOU'RE TAKING ME EVERYWHERE NOW" as for Suga driving...

Also, 12K video? Jeez.

The stage for Lucas's curbstomp seems to be a Frontier IV airspace. Fitting...

Also the preview didn't just imply another two-parter did it...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
monster

gunform1010 wrote:Also the preview didn't just imply another two-parter did it...
I think that would fit.

21 and 22: Lucas vs GA.
23 and 24: Try Fighters vs Sakai.
25 and 26: Final match.

Or is it only 25 episodes?
YokozunaBulldozer

monster wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Also the preview didn't just imply another two-parter did it...
I think that would fit.

21 and 22: Lucas vs GA.
23 and 24: Try Fighters vs Sakai.
25 and 26: Final match.

Or is it only 25 episodes?
I think I heard it will be 25 but you never know.
Personally the way stuff got setup this week I feel like it will be one ep of GA vs Granada, one ep of TRY Fighters vs Build Busters, then two final eps of TRY Fighters vs Lucas. Just my speculation.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
monster

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Personally the way stuff got setup this week I feel like it will be one ep of GA vs Granada, one ep of TRY Fighters vs Build Busters, then two final eps of TRY Fighters vs Lucas. Just my speculation.
So you think Lucas will actually beat Gunpla Academy? I would actually like that, but with all the rivalries being set up, I doubt that would happen.