The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lord Dearche

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-I

Well Yajima Trading monpolizes the particles so technically anyone who wanted to work in that same fieled has no choice to work there. Allen himself works for the Gunpla Acadamy.

And seeing as the 2nd Meijin was dieing in a hospital long before even the first season, more than likely that Gunpla was taken from the PPSE facilities long before then. Since it was the Meijin personal creation. Not so much something made by the PPSE Fungineers.
Amion

Raikoh wrote:I think when it comes to the random rival battles, it's true that they were mostly just no-names getting curbstomped in the original, but there were still some distinctions that made them more than just "oh, good, more of this" like they are in Try. They had the comedic moments (i.e. everything with Cziommer) and showed off more of the tricks that we wouldn't have seen otherwise like the Sengoku's Hell Stringer.

Not to mention the aforementioned great side fights. Characters like the Super Renato Bros and Luang were established as prominent fighters even though they were side characters, and they each got a chance to at least do something cool in their 15 minutes of fame. Meanwhile, we have someone like Sugita whose screentime consisted mainly of talking a big game and not doing anything noteworthy other than being Sugita. Even the rivals that we're trying to build up like the Gunpla Academy and Lucas have yet to give me a reason to care about them other than "uses Crossbone."

As for the issue of not going for the obvious advantage of a three-on-one, there's an easy way around that. Just don't end their fights so dang early, or give us a reason otherwise. We can handle not having the entire episode based around a single fight. Even if we wanted to cut the team count down before the end of the episode, have Yuuma or Fumina lose (or draw) for once so they're busy fighting rather than just sitting doing nothing but watching Sekai get torn up. Or, heck, make it Junya who initiates the one-on-one by having one of his teammates set up a barrier or something around him and Sekai. There are so many other ways around this that don't require the characters to act in ways that make them look more incompetent than they need to.
Ah, sweet reason.

And I think the humor was a definite difference between TRY and BF. My rewatch has shown me that I laugh far, far more often than with TRY, simply because TRY isn't attempting anything funny.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Well Yajima Trading monpolizes the particles so technically anyone who wanted to work in that same fieled has no choice to work there. Allen himself works for the Gunpla Acadamy.

And seeing as the 2nd Meijin was dieing in a hospital long before even the first season, more than likely that Gunpla was taken from the PPSE facilities long before then. Since it was the Meijin personal creation. Not so much something made by the PPSE Fungineers.
Did he really die? The last we heard he was really ill episode 23 of the first season and then we never heard about him again.

Hell the show hasn't confirmed Chinan bit it.

Back to the point, you gotta wonder if it was given as a gift directly, handed down through someone else/ some other people, or stolen.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Compass

gunform1010 wrote:
Lord Dearche wrote:Well Yajima Trading monpolizes the particles so technically anyone who wanted to work in that same fieled has no choice to work there. Allen himself works for the Gunpla Acadamy.

Did he really die? The last we heard he was really ill episode 23 of the first season and then we never heard about him again.

Back to the point, you gotta wonder if it was given as a gift directly, handed down through someone else/ some other people, or stolen.
Pretty sure Chinan is still alive, seeing as he had a cameo in a dream sequence.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
GX9900-Gundam-X

Compass wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:

Pretty sure Chinan is still alive, seeing as he had a cameo in a dream sequence.
Nope pre-release info says Chinan passed on Likely just Minato remembering his master in the dream sequence
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
killmikekill

The Guyana Highlands are a nice ode to G Gundam.
gunform1010

killmikekill wrote:The Guyana Highlands are a nice ode to G Gundam.
It's weird that Guyana though was chosen specifically as a field for Gunpla Battle since it exists as a real place in TRY.

balofo

21-Academy VS Lucas
22-Minato VS Try
23-pause before finals, Sei appearance
24-25-Academy VS Try+epilogue
gunform1010

balofo wrote:21-Academy VS Lucas
22-Minato VS Try
23-pause before finals, Sei appearance
24-25-Academy VS Try+epilogue
How are you so sure about 23? And if we're getting this pause then we better see the Cheerleaders fight again.

Lord Dearche

gunform1010 wrote:
It's weird that Guyana though was chosen specifically as a field for Gunpla Battle since it exists as a real place in TRY.
They're not so much just a real place in Try and a place in G Gundam, but they're a real place in real life. The Guiana Highlands really do exist. But since they were featured in the anime, they're technically usable as a battleground. Just like if they were to battle in New Yark, aka New York.

But in that regard the "lol random" map crap is getting stupid.

So first, the random map selected just coincidentally gives the triplets the perfect scooby doo map to set their traps. And then this episode, the random map selected also coincidentally gives them the guina highlands.

Also went back to rewatch the past eps, and laughing that even though he's a douchebag, Junya has shown more REAL actual fighting in his 2 minutes of screen time then Sekai ever has in his 19 episodes of JEGAN HOW? INSTANT WIN PUNCH/KICKU routine.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
They're not so much just a real place in Try and a place in G Gundam, but they're a real place in real life. The Guiana Highlands really do exist. But since they were featured in the anime, they're technically usable as a battleground. Just like if they were to battle in New Yark, aka New York.

But in that regard the "lol random" map crap is getting stupid.

So first, the random map selected just coincidentally gives the triplets the perfect scooby doo map to set their traps. And then this episode, the random map selected also coincidentally gives them the guina highlands.

Also went back to rewatch the past eps, and laughing that even though he's a douchebag, Junya has shown more REAL actual fighting in his 2 minutes of screen time then Sekai ever has in his 19 episodes of JEGAN HOW? INSTANT WIN PUNCH/KICKU routine.
Junya is a combat pragmatist, that makes him a fun enemy. Still hate his guts though.

And as for the fields... *cinemasins ding* But seriously, who thought "Oh hey let's make Guiana a stage despite no one going there and no one caring about it except maybe a few cartographers and aspiring martial art monks..." o_-

Ah well. Hopefully within two-three days we're told if and when the Denial is coming out.

Wingnut

gunform1010 wrote:And as for the fields... *cinemasins ding* But seriously, who thought "Oh hey let's make Guiana a stage despite no one going there and no one caring about it except maybe a few cartographers and aspiring martial art monks..." o_-
Even so, it still makes for a nice varied terrain map even if it were not a real place.
This also as no one has pointed out, fills out Field #4: Mountain that we were missing from the first series. See also Mt. Trial from the MS Saga game.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

Wingnut wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:And as for the fields... *cinemasins ding* But seriously, who thought "Oh hey let's make Guiana a stage despite no one going there and no one caring about it except maybe a few cartographers and aspiring martial art monks..." o_-
Even so, it still makes for a nice varied terrain map even if it were not a real place.
This also as no one has pointed out, fills out Field #4: Mountain that we were missing from the first series. See also Mt. Trial from the MS Saga game.
Well I guess that's one positive. Variety. Though we're still owed a lava stage (though it would generate a lot of cinemasins material ehehehehe).

Lord Dearche

We technically did get a Lava stage. In the original seasons second opening with BS vs KA.

Which of course, like all Gundam openings never once happened at all in the actual show.
balofo

Who's more unlikable Sekai or Yuuma?

Tough...
Lord Dearche

Sekai by a long shot.

Junya: He's an edgy douche bag but at least he knows how to make gunpla, AND actually use a gunpla. AND FIGHT.

Sekai: Has never really worked for anything, had his god tier gunpla just handed to him, He can't even repair his own crap, only wins because all he can do is spam made up super moves that magically always make contact with the enemy. Also he pulls more and more moves out of his ass.

He even literally pulled that crap this episode and can now make magical barriers that cancel out kill moves right out of his ass.

http://i.imgur.com/w4xAJJG.jpg
balofo

That ability of the Burning Burst to create barriers was in the kit manual, doesn't it's still a very boring MS
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Sekai by a long shot.

Junya: He's an edgy douche bag but at least he knows how to make gunpla, AND actually use a gunpla. AND FIGHT.

Sekai: Has never really worked for anything, had his god tier gunpla just handed to him, He can't even repair his own crap, only wins because all he can do is spam made up super moves that magically always make contact with the enemy. Also he pulls more and more moves out of his ass.

He even literally pulled that crap this episode and can now make magical barriers that cancel out kill moves right out of his ass.

http://i.imgur.com/w4xAJJG.jpg
...he said Yuuma not Junya...
balofo wrote:That ability of the Burning Burst to create barriers was in the kit manual, doesn't it's still a very boring MS
Ah well with the BS powers. After dealing with the Ideon it's meh.

E08

Lord Dearche wrote:Sekai: Has never really worked for anything, had his god tier gunpla just handed to him, He can't even repair his own crap, only wins because all he can do is spam made up super moves that magically always make contact with the enemy. Also he pulls more and more moves out of his ass.
Y'know, Sekai did help with the repair of the Gunpla and he also participated in the upgrading works. In fact, i think he may have help with the repair as much as Reiji helped Sei in the previous season.
gunform1010

E08 wrote:
Lord Dearche wrote:Sekai: Has never really worked for anything, had his god tier gunpla just handed to him, He can't even repair his own crap, only wins because all he can do is spam made up super moves that magically always make contact with the enemy. Also he pulls more and more moves out of his ass.
Y'know, Sekai did help with the repair of the Gunpla and he also participated in the upgrading works. In fact, i think he may have help with the repair as much as Reiji helped Sei in the previous season.
Didn't he also volunteer to help this time around? Though unfortunate he didn't get shown helping...