The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Xenosynth

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-I

I'll admit, normally the shows grant more fun things to talk about, homages, interpersonal relationships, motivations, predictions, etc (Such as when I was watching Twin Peaks, or how it'll likely be when I start LOGH) and BFT doesn't really grant as much of that since it's more like an action romp.

I also don't like this implication though that people who don't complain don't see the faults. I listed many faults I have with the show and I think people on here have known me long enough to know I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm generally just optimistic. Posting my problems and dissecting faults, the bad parts, aren't more in depth to me, because it's the same as discussing the good parts. People generally find the same parts faulty, and just complain about them to different degrees, but it's just as much "So and so was bad, and so was this" that you pointed in the first post, at least to me.

Again, maybe because I'm not used to it, I'm reading it too far into the negative. But for me, I've been avoiding posting too much more than the cameos because I feel like if I post "I really enjoyed this week's episode" that people are going to jump on me, whereas if I were to post that "Last week's episode was obviously the budget saver, so many dumb decisions in and out of universe, animation was crap, etc" it'd be the only way to feel welcome.
gunform1010

"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Xenosynth

It's not kanji, just katakana, so an easy translation that I can do for once!

Riaru Mo-do, AKA Real Mode.
gunform1010

Xenosynth wrote:It's not kanji, it's just katakana.

Riaru Mo-do, AKA Real Mode.
Oh that literally is the name? Heh well thank you Try for fun English phrases to pronounce! :lol:

Xenosynth

Yeah haha, I edited my response a bit because I was worried I came across as dismissive, especially after the last few pages, I meant it more 'Yay, katakana, I can actually read it that means.'

I'm still waiting on the Gundam.Info episode upload, since I was really excited to see the real mode. I already love the Star Winning due to it having so many funnel type weapons.
gunform1010

Xenosynth wrote:Yeah haha, I edited my response a bit because I was worried I came across as dismissive, especially after the last few pages, I meant it more 'Yay, katakana, I can actually read it that means.'

I'm still waiting on the Gundam.Info episode upload, since I was really excited to see the real mode. I already love the Star Winning due to it having so many funnel type weapons.
I'm proud that
Spoiler
Fumi scored the kill.
More of that please?

Xenosynth

Yeah, I can definitely agree on that. That was honestly my primary sticking point early on and what bothered me with Fumina, but I've been happy since they originally pointed out her weakness was just being a powerup for the other teammates and not really being able to do much on her own. Star Winning is another SD I'm considering for my first, though I'm still curious if the actual model will have the real mode, I'm thinking that they'll just be separate releases perhaps, but I dunno for sure, we'll have to see.
Akashi Takumi

I am curious about that shiny box of parts Yuuma got from his sister.
gunform1010

Spoiler
Ok nevermind head Triplet was part of U-19 twice.

Also they really did not think about blowing up that castle earlier. Are you... bah whatever, we must fight this dragon.

Seriously I wish I was psychic and somehow as wise as Sekai just by taking martial arts.

Also I seriously hope Sekai's master is proud of that lil' runt. :D

Speak of which Junya stop being a jealous ZOINKS.

Keep Lucas in reserve? NO BRUH YOU BRING HIM OUT RIGHT OUT TO FIGHT THE TRY FIGHTERS. BOIL HIS BLOOD SUFFICIENTLY! :evil:

No seriously Sei hasn't won once in seven years? That just hurts. Can he at least be runner-up like Pops?

Ok Sei just basically confirmed that he built the Build Burning for Reiji. Like that wasn't coming a mile away but hey thankee for indirect reference! :D

Now that explains why shove the Build Burning into a trophy but WHY DO A GUNPLACEPTION ON IT?

Also, based off the next episode title, either:

A. Sekai knows Junya-senpai and was kinda close
B. Master shows up then.

Akashi Takumi

Spoiler
My Called it list:
A)Build burning was meant for Reiji
B)Reiji is Sekai and Junya's master
C)Only Sei can fully repair the build burning to its full power

Yuuma admitted he cannot repair the build burning to its full power, but how come during the previous occasions when the gunpla was damaged, someone was able to repair it with no issues?
YokozunaBulldozer

Red one is the Houou Gundam, blue is Ikazuchi Gundam, and green is Neo Alex.
Spoiler
So judging by how Sekai calls Junya Jun-nii seems like they already knew each other during his novice days.
The fact that he uses nii instead of the more formal niisan or aniue suggests that they are no strangers.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Xenosynth

Previously it was damaged on either C or B damage levels. Those generally don't have parts get fully destroyed, but rather just scuff up and otherwise maybe crack the model, all of which are relatively easy fixes.
Outlaw

Xenosynth wrote:This... thread is really becoming a bit of a downer...
Don't worry so much man that's just the way the internet is. 8)

I do have to ask though: Is Yajima aware of assimilation's nasty side effects? If I were part of that company that's kinda something that would make me want to lock it out of the system.

At this point I think they're trying a little too hard to avoid bringing back Sei. I mean, really, he sends China to deliver parts while her exhibition is going on? That's so forced it's even out of character. They could have written that part a bit better.
Other than that I've got no other real complaints.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
YokozunaBulldozer

Edit: Credit to Yokozuna for the SD Trio!
Considering they are triplets I was expecting the broest of all brosephs of gundam aka the SD Sangokuden Trio that consists of Liu Bei Gundam, Guan Yu ZZ, and Zhang Fei Z.
Xenosynth

I really need to get around to seeing some of the SD stuff. I've only seen the old 80s comedy shorts, but none of the others, so they are the only suits that I can't ever put a name onto.
BrentD15

Xenosynth wrote:But I don't get why you can love something that's bad, mediocre, or total garbage and then complain about it all the time? Like... I dunno. If you enjoy something that obviously means the good outweighs the bad, right? I mean, yes, with something bad it can be something like... enjoying it for the reasons not intended by the creators, but with BFT, I just... rarely see you post anything good so I assumed you hated the show and were hate watching it, because I mean, for me, it's more fun to discuss what is fun about a show than where it flubbed up. Acknowledge the flubs, for sure, Sekai's flat personality, the team actually having less interpersonal relationship development among them compared to Reiji and Sei, some of the more boring curbstompy battles, but... I mean, just bringing things up to harp on them seems... not very fun to me? Maybe it's just a difference in what we enjoy talking about. If I'm harping on a show as much as it seems this thread has, it usually means I'm mad, sad, or not enjoying myself and that I should just drop the show.

Maybe it's more than this thread. Certain parts of anime fandom in general confuse me, because all of them have this self deprecating + hating on all shows (even ones they like) type personalities it seems, and for me it's just weird. I dislike myself greatly, and want to improve myself always, but constantly complaining about the things I do to escape the shittyness of the day seems just... I dunno. It seems to me like it'd not be worth watching if all it's going to do is cause me to go 'this is stupid and that is stupid.'
I feel the same way sometimes.
Lord Dearche wrote:The thing about only or primarily discussing the good parts about a show, is that everyone discusses the same things over and over again. "So and so was so cool, they did this and that, etc".

But dissecting it and discussing the things that people don't recognize such as the faults, the bad parts, and the flaws in the show, is what leads to truly more in depth and entertaining discussions.

And I'm mostly a logical person. I can love and enjoy things, yet still openly see and accept their negatives and faults.

Some examples are many of the games on my profile. I highly enjoyed and often loved playing many of them. But at the same time, many of those exact games were just god awful trash such as ACE R, Hyper Dimension Neptune I and Mk2, (Which I love the franchise to boot), etc.
Then balance out your criticism with what you did like about it.

If there was something you found enjoyable about the episode, say something about it. If you post about only what you didn't like about it, it can easily come across as there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you enjoyed about it!
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Xenosynth

Also late but given that Yuuki mentioned a 'nocebo' effect, is this to imply that the 'assimilation' is all in Sekai's head? Since both placebo/nocebo effects are psychological effects, caused more by perception, than actual causes?
YokozunaBulldozer

Xenosynth wrote:I really need to get around to seeing some of the SD stuff. I've only seen the old 80s comedy shorts, but none of the others, so they are the only suits that I can't ever put a name onto.
I dont know the exact count of all the SD gundams that came out but it is enough to make the national pokedex jealous. :mrgreen:
SD is a fun subspecies of the franchise since you get to see many deviants of mobile suits from knights to samurais to even prehistoric. The list goes on and it has had significant innovations of its own along the way. The now-almost decade-old sangokuden and the recent BB legends are proof of this from what I have observed.
Xenosynth

Slightly off topic, but the only interesting SD experience I have besides the shorts is the Knight Gundam Monogatari game on the NES. It had some hilarious monster designs based on various Zeon/Zanscare MS, as well as having Dozle Zabi as a crazy knight which was amazing.