The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-I

Lord Dearche wrote:The open?
What probably is the world tourney now, based on Adou's comment back in episode 12.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Lord Dearche

Probably an Open invintational. The Winners would probably all get secured slots in that tournament or something. Though each of the team members would now be enemies.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Probably an Open invintational. The Winners would probably all get secured slots in that tournament or something. Though each of the team members would now be enemies.
...what makes the last part plausible?

Lord Dearche

As far as we know this team set up is only for this junior tournament for kids. As far as we know the World Championship, the REAL championship is still every man, woman, and talking penguin for themselves so obviously, if the winners would get a pass into it, they'd all have to fight each other.

Though they'd probably all get murdered by the real competitors early on.
JTMC93

There might be multiple divisions of the tournament though.

Solo, Team, and so forth.
Lord Dearche

World Championships don't usually work like that. Those would just be the Team championships and so on, but not the real world champion.
JTMC93

Depends. Some Video, Board, Card, and War Games have World Tournements that are divided into multiple categories.

Given how GunPla Battles are portrayed those seem the most apt comparisons. And even similar sports have similar divisions.
gunform1010

Spoiler
Shia loves Sekai's strength, and ticks off Gyanko, followed by the Renato Triplets talking smack and both girls retaliating with more smack.

Try fighters have some time for analysis of SD-R like Meijin did in S1. Renato triplets are also compared to SRSC...which I'm sure everyone would. The Renato Bros also know about assimilation.

The forest environment is shrouded in purple mist... which forces the TRY Fighters to explore the castle. Also not helping was that Yuuma probably was so scared had to piss himself (though I couldn't tell with no subs). This of course costs Yuu and Sekai's units to be trapped twice. Even worse is that the Renato Triplets jacked the Absorb System idea and disabled the assimilation.

Fumi proved herself this time, which is awesome- but damn the accursed dragon mode! We get a cliffhanger. Looks like the "SD to Real" System will have to wait another week.

Lord Dearche

Wow this episode just felt so terrible.....
Spoiler
Aside from the BS cliff hanger ending, Half of the damn episode was just WALKING. WALKING. And then it just ended on a Cliff Hanger.

>HEY SURE, LETS ALL GO INTO THE CRAMPED OBVIOUSLY BOOBY TRAPPED CASTLEVANIA WHERE THE THREE RENALTO SHOTAS HAVE EXPLOSIVES ALL SET UP AHEAD OF TIME SOMEHOW EVEN THOOUGH WE'RE ONLY A MINUTE INTO THE MATCH.

Because you know what the SMART thing would have been? To just blow up the damn castle like you did the freaking moon, and set the forest on fire.

Also Before anyone says "Fumina was awesome this episode!"

She wasn't. It tooker almost a bloody minute to come up with he genius idea of "Maybe I should like, shoot the rocks or something!"

The combining dragon thing was also stupid in that somehow the 3 SDs created something that now has like 10 times their mass.

Also too bad Tubbs, you already lost 14 episodes ago!
http://i.imgur.com/OaFcdKo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3PEXZel.jpg

EDIT: Also, forgot that half the episode was also just a clip show of stock footage for the purposes of "Reasearch" that should have been done off screen.
Gundam420

The biggest problem with this series for me has been its pacing. All the needless exposition and constant reiterating of...well...everything in past episodes gives me this uneasy feeling that the show was being rushed. Now that we have half a recap, I'm starting to believe that to be more true.

Also, REALLY?! They can't communicate with Fumina?! They're right beside her!
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Blazer-X

I am not going to get upset over the communicate thing because that's already been established. For all we know, its some sort of tournament rule to only use the "in-game transmission". But I did think the smartest thing was to blow up the castle from outside using the Phoenix move.

The pacing is very much meh. If this SDR team takes 2 episodes, how long should we expect all the other fights take? There are still Junya and Minato and Gunpla Academy, which at this rate, would take 6 episodes. Then we gotta consider the idea of throwing White Wolf's team at Lucas and Lucas at Gunpla Academy. That's barely enough time for all 8 episodes.
GX9900-Gundam-X

The begining was pretty funny I have to say when it comes to shipping I dont care how goddamed outclassed she likely is Kaoruko seems to be at least TRYing to earn Sekai's affections.

Meanwhile my biggest gripe is not so much they didn't destroy the castle after all last time Sekai used the phoenix with that much power it obliterated the Build Burnings arms they may not have wanted to risk that, rather my issue is why try to beat Fumina with a time bomb and why rely on Yuuma not being able to use his flight system to get out of the collapse thoses are far dumber moves mind you i was also happy to see there modified use of the gravity trick from G Gundam.
Spoiler
I am beyond severely dissapointed that Not-Mecha-King-Ghidora won't be fighting TRYON-3 a bunch a wasted potential right there guys.
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
YokozunaBulldozer

SxDxG Gundam is one funky Gunpla. *drops mic*
And it has so much
Spoiler
SAAAAALLLLLTTTTTTT
In all seriousness I do like how the three hellions are giving them hell.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

Gundam420 wrote:The biggest problem with this series for me has been its pacing. All the needless exposition and constant reiterating of...well...everything in past episodes gives me this uneasy feeling that the show was being rushed.
It's obvious that this was rushed, much like SEED Destiny was rushed.
It's just a cash cow for Bandai while Sunrise struggles under their heels.
GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:The begining was pretty funny I have to say when it comes to shipping I dont care how goddamed outclassed she likely is Kaoruko seems to be at least TRYing to earn Sekai's affections.
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

And yeah, I agree. She's doing more than Fumina ever did throughout the series. :P

And also, dat Gyanko-x-Shia Dream Team! :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

The opening is good. Really, one thing GBF-T is yet to disappoint me is when it come to wacky chaarcters' interaction.

And Shia gain a level of cuteness with each episode! :mrgreen:

Too bad, the battle is pretty low. Sadly, I do like Yuuma's lossing his cool by fear of ghost. I think it would be much more fun if they play with this for a while before start the serious part. Come on! Has Yuuma got spook from that wall, goes crazy, run away from the group and shooting at anything that move! Even if it will make us question how SDR can predict his behavior, I'll accept any explanation if it's fun to watch.

Also the battlefield is so one-side. It's more understandable if it's one of more generic or well known field (say, Jaburo underground?), then I can blame bad luck. But when it's so specific like this spooky SD castle, you've to wonder if someone want to screw the TRY Fighters (if it's first season, it's make sense as we can blame Mashita, but not here).

The Drago-Gira isn't really impressive, but I will wait until actually see it in action.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

So, the actual character interactions are enjoyable, but the fight scenes have long lost their substance. Oh well. One out of two ain't bad.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Wingnut

One BLINDINGLY obvious problem with the idea of going all out at the start and blowing up Castlevania at the start is that the SD-Rs could have detected the attack coming and just jumped ship and left the castle before the bird hit. That would leave the Try Fighters right where they started and Sekai seriously drained of power and vulnerable to a counterattack that would seriously damage the Build Burning and himself in the process from the assimilation. Granted Yuuma would have the opportunity to use his range more, but it's not exactly easy to hit a target in a dense forest. His lines of sight would be severely reduced and leave him open to an easy flanking attack.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Raikoh

I was expecting more from this episode, since Super Renato Bros had one of the most solid episodes of the old series.

...Yikes.

It's obvious this was a budget-saving episode. Reusing old footage? Yep. Off-model? Yep. Long, static shots? Well, Try has done that a lot but particularly egregious here.

The harem stuff is getting especially grating on my nerves when they're just doing the same thing over and over again, and it's the same thing that every harem series has, and when/why the heck did Shia start lusting for Sekai? Where'd the fun romances from S1 go?

That said, at least the fight's got some dramatic weight behind it. Yeah, team Shota (wait apparently he's old enough to have gone at least a year in Gunpla Academy? What IS it? A high school? Either way, fake Shota, did Adou steal your aging?) aren't a fraction as hardcore BAMF as the Super Renato Bros, but they managed to not just get punched out in two minutes, so they've done better than most of Try Fighters' opponents thus far. Ignoring the gaping holes in both sides' tactics (some of which the show itself went out of its way to point out :roll: ) their Absorb System was actually clever and it's good that they didn't just make the solution, "YELL LOUDER" this time. (inb4 they win by "yell louder, punch harder")

A bomb exploding literally right at her feet didn't scratch Star Winning. Weird.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
mobiusdiablo

To be fair Raikoh, I don't think Shia's lusting for Sekai as much as she just likes the idea of him going all out against his brother - which is the reason she gave for fixing up the Build Burning in the first place. That and well, from what I can tell she's the kind of character that loves screwing with people - I'm pretty sure she's laughing like mad on the inside when Gyanko flipped her lid this ep.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
AmuroNT1

Lord Dearche wrote:Also Before anyone says "Fumina was awesome this episode!"

She wasn't. It tooker almost a bloody minute to come up with he genius idea of "Maybe I should like, shoot the rocks or something!"
Or maybe she spent most of the minute trying to find another way out before getting down to the wire and deciding "Looks like I'm going to have to use the direct approach".

This was one of the weaker episodes IMO. I'm not going to instantly call "budget saver" the way a lot of others seem to be doing, but it feels kind of weird that a second-round opponent would merit a two-parter episode, even if they'd received a little development in the past.

Also, the Triplets' behavior this week kind of bugged me. In the past they were shown as cold and detached with a very analytical way of viewing things, but this week they went into Standard Evil Team Gloating against Sekai and the Try Fighters. Maybe you can say that they're losing their cool since they're getting closer to challenging the Gunpla Academy.

Shia is...a very interesting character, and I'm not just saying that for shipping reasons. The fact that she offers to make Sekai a new Gunpla to use, presumably against her own team, and finds no contradiction with this marks her as very unusual. Having a hard time pinning down the right word to describe her; it's not really "amoral" because this isn't a morality issue...maybe just "detached", since the tournament doesn't seem all that important to her personally.

There were a few good laughs this week, like Gyanko and Shia declaring themselves members of the Try Fighters and the cerebral Yuuma freaking out over "ghosts". That last one is a little silly, since he knows it's just a simulated video game and there shouldn't be any ghosts in there in the first place, but the point of a phobia is that it's NOT logical. It served to deflate the ego bubble he's had going for quite a while as well.

I really get the feeling that the battle with the Triplets is meant to showcase Fumina as an individual. Not only is it SD versus SD, but separating her from the boys showed her operating on her own as well as coming to their rescue when the Triplets had them dead to rights. Something tells me that next week we'll see Star Winning's real-size form, and that it'll be what turns the tide, especially since it's a factor the Triplets don't know about.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power