The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

gunform1010 wrote:A Redditor or two have started to associate waffles wih Fumina x Sekai... permission to call this ship the Waffle Fighters?
Permission granted. Waffles vs. Bento, Ready, GO!
Spoiler
I can eat breakfast for any meal of the day so go Waffles!
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HellCat

toysdream wrote:The kit manual for the Mr. Beargguy III from the original Build Fighters series suggested the previous existence of a Beargguy II - "It was China who named it III, but it is unclear whether there was already a machine called the Beargguy II, or a sequel to Gunpla Builders." Now that it turns out there was an existing Beargguy II, perhaps that means there was a Gunpla Builders sequel as well.

-- Mark
What an unwelcome resolution to Bearggate.

It dissapoints me that in BF, apparently most girls only want off the shelf 'cute' Gunpla.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
toysdream

Well, when Aila was left to her own devices she picked a Sazabi to customize, and even when she picked an SD it was a Command Gundam. So I guess she likes heavy firepower, as with Fumina.

-- Mark
HellCat

Hence why I'm fans of them :)

Well, less so Fumina currently. Girl needs to walk the walk rather than just talk the talk.
Destiny_Gundam

HellCat wrote:It dissapoints me that in BF, apparently most girls only want off the shelf 'cute' Gunpla.
What, you got a problem with cute things? Who doesn't love cute things?

I get your implication, but I think you're being too negative about it. Just look at this episode: Yuuma showed Mirai a bunch of different 'not girl' kits first. He didn't automatically go "You're a girl so you have to use this!" Mirai picked that kit because it's the one she wanted to pick.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wingnut

toysdream wrote:Well, when Aila was left to her own devices she picked a Sazabi to customize, and even when she picked an SD it was a Command Gundam. So I guess she likes heavy firepower, as with Fumina.

-- Mark
Not to negate your point, but it was hobo Takashi that picked up the SD Command for her.
toysdream wrote:perhaps that means there was a Gunpla Builders sequel as well.
Given that Build Fighters is the spiritual successor to Gunpla Builders, I wonder what an actual sequel for that might be like. A proper series with an eventual tournament on a national scale perhaps or a proper OVA that follows a new protagonist and crew on their building adventures? Gunpla in that universe also take what is Model Damage Level B at worst, so not much repair would be needed even after being wrecked in-game. That would allow for many MS to be showcased and gunpla to be sold by Bandai.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
HellCat wrote:It dissapoints me that in BF, apparently most girls only want off the shelf 'cute' Gunpla.
Combine with his previous statement on fan art, I proudly offer my synthesis that HellCat prefer Yaoi Fangirl :mrgreen: (just kidding)
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

Wingnut wrote:
toysdream wrote:Well, when Aila was left to her own devices she picked a Sazabi to customize, and even when she picked an SD it was a Command Gundam. So I guess she likes heavy firepower, as with Fumina.

-- Mark
Not to negate your point, but it was hobo Takashi that picked up the SD Command for her.
toysdream wrote:perhaps that means there was a Gunpla Builders sequel as well.
Given that Build Fighters is the spiritual successor to Gunpla Builders, I wonder what an actual sequel for that might be like. A proper series with an eventual tournament on a national scale perhaps or a proper OVA that follows a new protagonist and crew on their building adventures? Gunpla in that universe also take what is Model Damage Level B at worst, so not much repair would be needed even after being wrecked in-game. That would allow for many MS to be showcased and gunpla to be sold by Bandai.
Or we can have the best and first gunpla battle story of them all; Plamo Kyoshiro The Origin. :mrgreen:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
HellCat

Destiny_Gundam wrote:

I get your implication, but I think you're being too negative about it. Just look at this episode: Yuuma showed Mirai a bunch of different 'not girl' kits first. He didn't automatically go "You're a girl so you have to use this!" Mirai picked that kit because it's the one she wanted to pick.
My issue is they still went with it as her unit. Don't forget the recent Sunrise trend of giving prominent females a rebuilt mecha painted pink.

I don't have a problem with girl characters liking cute things but Try does somewhat awkwardly push the Bandai line of 'This is the one aimed at girls!'.

It'd mean losing the empowering fact she built it herself but I think I'd prefer it if Yuuma had built Beargguy F and presented it to Mirai as a gift. The way they went about it just mildly bugs me. Would probably help if I felt Try was doing a good job with females in general.
gunform1010

Well in any case, we still have hope with an awesome powerful girl in the form of "Lady". Let's just hope she's AMEJIN as she should be...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AmuroNT1

HellCat wrote:It'd mean losing the empowering fact she built it herself but I think I'd prefer it if Yuuma had built Beargguy F and presented it to Mirai as a gift.
But then the problem would be Yuuma choosing the stereotypically cute Gunpla for Mirai simply because she's a girl rather than her making the choice herself, which would make him look sexist to some viewers. And I think we can all agree, the LAST thing Yuuma needs right now is more stuff that makes people dislike him.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

I'm reminded of the old joke:

"The food here tastes terrible", said the first woman.
"Yes", replied the second, "and such small portions"
Destiny_Gundam

See, I find saying stuff like "it's bad to have girls like cute things" just as problematic as saying "girls should only like cute things." Either way you're limiting the choices women have, which is wrong.

The GM Cardigan wasn't cute, and Fumina didn't switch to an SD Gundam for it's appearence. The R-GyaGya isn't cute, the Victory isn't cute, the Stargazer isn't cute. You can harp about the colour choice but that's such a minor thing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

As far as color choices go, I have immediate female family members who love pink and are proud of it, so color isn't an issue for me per se, so long as they don't push the idea that women MUST have pink units.

I know a lot of girls like pink, so from a standpoint of wanting to sell models girls might like, making it one of the most popular colors that sex prefers (especially in Japan from where I hear pink is especialy popular) is a valid marketing scheme.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
YokozunaBulldozer

So next week's episode we finally reunite with Samurai Boy, erm, Samurai Man.
I wonder if Caroline will feature as well.
Any expectations at the moment folks for episode 11?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
AmuroNT1

I wonder if Nils will be able to use his knowledge of particle physics to explain any of the mysteries about the Build Burning, but I wouldn't say I'm expecting it to happen.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Amion

AmuroNT1 wrote:I wonder if Nils will be able to use his knowledge of particle physics to explain any of the mysteries about the Build Burning, but I wouldn't say I'm expecting it to happen.
He's also a serious martial arts fan and based his Gundam off a samurai. Chances are his Gary Stu abilities have a long reach in the mysteries of fantasy kempo.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
gunform1010

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So next week's episode we finally reunite with Samurai Boy, erm, Samurai Man.
I wonder if Caroline will feature as well.
Any expectations at the moment folks for episode 11?
Some off-hand remarks/explanations of what happened between GBF and Try.

Kuruni

On Bearguy topic, I say it's just running gag for Gunpla Battle series, all of them since Gunpla Builder have The Chick use Bearguy or its variants. Both of Gunpla Builder manga (D & J) feature Bearguy variants, in case of D, Saki (who usually use pretty scarry-looking gunpla) even note how she's going to play the role of damsel in distress in upcoming battle (it isn't complain, she seem to enjoy roleplaying).
My girlfriend was a loli.
gunform1010

How many "super moves" (Jigen Haoh and other gamebreaker close combat techniques) have we seen so far and what do each they translate into?