The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Dark Duel wrote: 1. What exactly Suga Akira meant about Jigen Haoh in the nationals
Yes, regarding this I have a few theories:

1. Saga is a Jigen Haoh practitioner

2. There is a whole new Jigen Haoh practitioner who we do not know yet but will appear soon, and has interacted with Suga before prior to his appearance in the show

3. Suga has met Sekai's master in a previous encounter
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
monster

Well, he said that Sekai will know in the nationals, which most likely mean a participant there either knows about it or practices it. If that is the case, there's a high possibility that it's that guy that shows up at the end. So 1 and/or 2 sounds likely. 3 can still happen, but I don't see why the master would have to do with the nationals.
Destiny_Gundam

YokozunaBulldozer wrote: They did say it's based off the Beargguy from Gunpla Builders. The "III" is more of a play-on-words than an actual numbering, considering the word "san" can be either the number three or an honorific in the Japanese language. The most likely scenario is that the Bandai that exists in the build fighters world said "there really is no 2. Let's just fill in the blank by naming the mass-produced versions Beargguy II".
That doesn't make sense, though. China is a nobody in the world of gunpla. Why would they release a kit based on her design? Some one pointed out how the Beargguy II had a much lower HG number and what's his name's Zakerello had a picture of him circa season 1, so it's safe to say the Bearguyy II was out long before then.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

The problem is this retcons the big point of China making Beargguy in the first place. It was supposed to be her own original custom build from a HG base.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Retcons happen. Deal with it 8)
yazi88

As Xenosynth pointed out earlier, we FINALLY have a 00 Season 2 mech show up... the GAGA of all things....

Also, please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed "Yazan Gable's Beach House HAMBRABI"?!!
AmuroNT1

Home of the Violator Combo!

There was also a McDaniel's, the totally-not-Mickey-D's that appeared in Zeta.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:China is a nobody in the world of gunpla. Why would they release a kit based on her design?
We would naturally require some official confirmation, but it is wholly possible that if she and Sei had officially hooked up some time over the course of the last seven years, she could have attained minor celebrity status by proxy.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

It's possible, but that doesn't explain why the Beargguy II has such a low HG number. Unless you want to argue they released 3,610 kits in under 7 years. Why would Bandai take the design and release it as II instead of III anyways?
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It's possible, but that doesn't explain why the Beargguy II has such a low HG number. Unless you want to argue they released 3,610 kits in under 7 years. Why would Bandai take the design and release it as II instead of III anyways?
Uh... well b/c "Mr. Beargguy III" is actually a terrible, butchered way to retain the double entendre of san either referring to "Mr." or "three". :| Didn't we just discuss this?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Strike105

I honestly thought HGUC Barzam existed, so I didn't pay much attention to its box. Looking back at it, I noticed that its HGUC number in Try is 154 (same as its MS model number). In the real world, HGUC #154 has already been released, and it's the Banshee Norn (Unicorn Mode).

Another thing I noticed about the boxes (one of the first things I noticed, actually), is that, while the Beargguy II box looks like a HGUC, the box only lists it as an "HG", and doesn't include the "Universal Century" designation. It also lacks quite a bit of detail compared to the standard HGUC aesthetics, and actually looks quite plain, owing to the fact that the art was modified from the real HGBF Beargguy III kit, and the HGBF line is tied to the series. The Barzam and Zakrello, however, were given the "HGUC" label, so it's entirely possible and plausible that the Beargguy II is from a line completely separate from the HGUC line. That does make a lot more sense than if it were marked as an HGUC, since the Beargguy just isn't a design that you would expect to see in a Universal Century story. Also, I just noticed on the Beargguy II's box that the animators didn't erase the fine printed text at the bottom, and actually modified it to say it was released in 2014, whereas the Beargguy III was released at the end of 2013, and the box listed it as such.

Given the new things I've noticed, I'm content now to just dismiss all of it as rubbish, and completely ignore it from now on. That is unless the BD "corrects" it later.

For reference:
Beargguy II box:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3FKG9XJ405A/V ... /10281.jpg

Bearrguy III (San) box:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JD-aD7U7Hcc/U ... 1600/1.jpg

Barzam box:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6N8OPyVriPo/V ... /10251.jpg
E08

I don't think we should compare the Beargguy II box with Beargguy III box, after all, in universe, Beargguy III is a custom gunpla built by China and does not seem to be commercially available.

A theory i had was that China bought the Beargguy from Sei's shop then while shopping elsewhere saw the Beargguy II. She then modifies the Beargguy into a Beargguy II lookalike.
Kuruni

Unless my memory messed up again, we saw China ask Sei for a "gunpla for girl", but never actually see him show her the box (leading to one of my favorite fan art, where he suggest her a Dendrobium, most likely because it's the most expensive :mrgreen: ). When we see it, it's already complete and customized. So it make some sense that China actually brough the Bearguy II (not Acguy or Bearguy), then customize it, call it Bearguy-san (which coincidentally can be written as Bearguy III). I really see no problem.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

Actually her first kits were the Gundam and Zaku II.
Kuruni

Oh right.

Still, she may brough Bearguy II at some point and custom it into Bearguy-san, so I still have no problem.
Compass

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It's possible, but that doesn't explain why the Beargguy II has such a low HG number. Unless you want to argue they released 3,610 kits in under 7 years. Why would Bandai take the design and release it as II instead of III anyways?
Probably to differentiate it from the ultimately still unique Bearguy III, which we saw in the time-skip preview. It may chronologically have been made before Bearguy II became a kit, but its story could have been that it was the prototype teddy bear model, the Bearguy III was the one that gained sentience.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
toysdream

The kit manual for the Mr. Beargguy III from the original Build Fighters series suggested the previous existence of a Beargguy II - "It was China who named it III, but it is unclear whether there was already a machine called the Beargguy II, or a sequel to Gunpla Builders." Now that it turns out there was an existing Beargguy II, perhaps that means there was a Gunpla Builders sequel as well.

-- Mark
gunform1010

A Redditor or two have started to associate waffles wih Fumina x Sekai... permission to call this ship the Waffle Fighters?

Kuruni

I will stick to underdog faction, MiraiXFumina.
gunform1010

Kuruni wrote:I will stick to underdog faction, MiraiXFumina.
Well, if you guys want, there's some fuel in this episode... :P