The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

third verse, same as the first
Strike Zero wrote:
FieryBlitz wrote:So... Anyone else think Try's gonna make a tradition out of somebody getting slapped at the beach like Reiji? or perhaps another hilarious moment of Ral buried in sand shaped like a Gouf?
Who knows, maybe Sudou will take up the mantle. :)

I've gotta say though, I'm mighty curious about the surfing Turn A Gundam we glimpsed in the preview. I smell wacky races a-comming!
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

This is....a disappointing episode. Really-really disappoining. It feels like Sunrise and Bandai said: Hey, guys, we have enough interests on GBF Try merchandises, so we will make GBF Try mediocre so that you'll look into G-Reco and buy its stuffs too!

They tried so hard to make the fights dramatical, but ended up...in a punchfest AGAIN!
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Spoiler
I'm a little concerned no one else was shown to be concerned other than Fumina and Yuuma. What's done is done though, and Sekai will get better...

Who bets with some kind cliche lesson/realization will occur while Sekai's still sick? :mrgreen:
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Destiny_Gundam

*Looks at next episode title* Seriously, Sunrise? :lol:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
AmuroNT1

Now let's see if we get a Nobel Gundam with candystripe stockings and three funnels with cute faces.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

AmuroNT1 wrote:Nobel Gundam with candystripe stockings
You mean like this? :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:Nobel Gundam with candystripe stockings
You mean like this? :mrgreen:
Forget that, where are the Nobels with thigh highs?

Kuruni

BTW, I just realize my wish is half-granted...

Sword Impulse (ソードインパルス) + Victory (ヴィクトリー) + G-Fighter (Gファイター‎) = ImToriTaa (イントリター‎) :mrgreen: !

Well, only half-granted. It's more of Sword Silhouette without Impulse, and it's G-Fighter instead of Double Zeta...and no Akira Kushida :lol: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kyuzo Aoi

You are real killjoy, Mythgarr. :D I guess what you really seek is the BB Gundam being pawned big time.

Well, let's wait and see.

But what I really want is the myth of the Moonlight Butterfly being the ultimate weapon of the Gundamverse be disproven by our pair of mechanized Care Bears.
I am a Gundam!
AmuroNT1

Kuruni wrote:BTW, I just realize my wish is half-granted...

Sword Impulse (ソードインパルス) + Victory (ヴィクトリー) + G-Fighter (Gファイター‎) = ImToriTaa (イントリター‎) :mrgreen: !

Well, only half-granted. It's more of Sword Silhouette without Impulse, and it's G-Fighter instead of Double Zeta...and no Akira Kushida :lol: .
Now all we need is a Zeong hand painted red and the image is complete. :)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:But what I really want is the myth of the Moonlight Butterfly being the ultimate weapon of the Gundamverse be disproven by our pair of mechanized Care Bears.
What, the Turn-X being wiped out by a Gyan wasn't enough for you? :P
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:
Kyuzo Aoi wrote:But what I really want is the myth of the Moonlight Butterfly being the ultimate weapon of the Gundamverse be disproven by our pair of mechanized Care Bears.
What, the Turn-X being wiped out by a Gyan wasn't enough for you? :P
No, let's have something like a customized Ball wiping the floor with its opponents. Though its been done twice, who cares?

Mythgarr

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:You are real killjoy, Mythgarr. :D I guess what you really seek is the BB Gundam being pawned big time.

Well, let's wait and see.

But what I really want is the myth of the Moonlight Butterfly being the ultimate weapon of the Gundamverse be disproven by our pair of mechanized Care Bears.
What I seek is other type of victories other than the opponents being Worf-ed big time and Sekai punching everything to victory. Lightning Gundam didn't even one-up Mega Shiki :|
Visit The Dreams
Strike Zero

The Lightning Gundam survived a blast from the Mega-Shiki's Hi-Mega Launcher to the face -- literally to the face -- then went on to damage it so badly that it couldn't even land a punch without destroying its own arm. If that doesn't stand as proof of the quality of his build, then I'm not sure what would.
Kuruni

Mythgarr wrote:What I seek is other type of victories other than the opponents being Worf-ed big time and Sekai punching everything to victory.
Well, Build Burning has no weapon, and Sekai has training in Kenpo. So what you expect? Plavsky Kamehameha? Plavsky Spirit Bomb? Hyper Clock Up follow by Hyper Kick?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gundam420

Kuruni wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:What I seek is other type of victories other than the opponents being Worf-ed big time and Sekai punching everything to victory.
Well, Build Burning has no weapon, and Sekai has training in Kenpo. So what you expect? Plavsky Kamehameha? Plavsky Spirit Bomb? Hyper Clock Up follow by Hyper Kick?
Remember, for some people, thinking is hard.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
YokozunaBulldozer

AmuroNT1 wrote:Now let's see if we get a Nobel Gundam with candystripe stockings and three funnels with cute faces.
Or a Nobel Gundam with twin tails, carrying a scallion, and is painted emerald green, silver, and black. :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
YokozunaBulldozer

Kuruni wrote:
Actually I would like to see clock up. :)
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Raikoh

Kuruni wrote:
There are ways to make martial arts battles intense more than BFT's go-to answer of, "YELL LOUDER." They could do it all the way back in the 80s. Even with the lack of fistfighting mecha, and Sunrise's bad luck with them (Dendoh's fights were really cool until it became Final Attack spam), there are still a few series that get it right. Heck, BFT's been using "YELL LOUDER" for everyone, regardless of personality. It's part of why I'm personally just disappointed in the fight choreography. Ignoring the Build Burning's egregious usage of plot armor (most obvious in this episode), the thing that just gets me is the lack of weight and impact (both in animation and writing) of the combat.

Like, it has things happening on the screen, but they don't really mean anything. "The G-Fighter docked with the Victory!" but we don't see any effects of said docking, we just see the Victory swinging its swords around and G-Fighter launching more missiles. I'd have assumed they'd be near untouchable since Suga could have literally focused ALL his attention on just evading if he wanted to but, ah crap episode's ending, let's have him rush right into the full-force charge of the Build Burning instead of using that martial arts philosophy of his - based on his arm locks - of NOT letting the opponent just do whatever they want. Heck, that would have made Suga more memorable, and actually feel like a rival to Sekai rather than the "enemy of the week" that Try has been going for.

Is there any difference to Sekai's moves besides the name and a few minor details? They've all just amounted to "rush forward and hit something really hard." Yes, we can assume all the effects, but we don't see them. You'd be amazed at how far a simple combo could go at making things more dynamic, since "three hits" or whatever has more tangible elements to it and thus to many people will look more satisfying than "glowy punch". Just that also can be taken too far, like with G Gundam's fisticuffs, where most of the time they're just chucking their fists randomly while chatting it up. That one was likely based on technical limitations of the time, yeah, but it's part of why I don't consider G Gundam that satisfying from a combat standpoint (it's all about the writing). If you can't come up with different and interesting attacks, then... Well, don't. Just stick with fundamentals instead of having every fight become a "who can yell louder" clash of power levels, which I thought people figured out was hack writing halfway through the 90s.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
domtropen

G-fighter docking with half-body Victory allows the whole unit to move and fight again. Isn't it good enough? Both gunplas were already in red- condition. Besides, how many grappling moves can that G-fighter really do with the movement range of just two arms anyway? And not to mention his grap and crush is not working anymore since Sekai can counter it and destroy the crushing tracks already. Plus Sekai does know how to grapple like the arm lock during his fight with Destiny Gundam earlier.

BTW it's pretty funny that the missiles the G-fighter shoots out are mini version of Big Zam's claws :mrgreen: