The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

gunform1010 wrote:Either that or it could be give them a chance against... aces like Sei and co.
Any participating ace would also be in a team.
gunform1010

monster wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Either that or it could be give them a chance against... aces like Sei and co.
Any participating ace would also be in a team.
Scrap.

Well we're bound to see Junya soon and don't know the layout of the Meijin team yet.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Cybaster

gunform1010 wrote:
monster wrote:
Wingnut wrote:While I know that the 3v3 format is for story/plot purposes, I would like to know the in-universe reason for this becoming the standard over the years since Yagima's takeover of the tournament.
So far, we've only seen the rules for the U-19 division, so maybe it's just to promote teamwork among these youths.
Either that or it could be give them a chance against... aces like Sei and co.
Or to discourage sabotage and/or Game of Thrones-style backstabbing and out-of-tournament scheming (Mashita and Baker's plots against Sei and Reiji come to mind here as well), as it would be much harder for someone like, say, Kirara/Mihoshi to infiltrate a group of 3 and sabotage one of their Gunpla without being noticed than it would be if she only had to cozy up to Sei.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
monster

Cybaster wrote:Or to discourage sabotage and/or Game of Thrones-style backstabbing and out-of-tournament scheming (Mashita and Baker's plots against Sei and Reiji come to mind here as well), as it would be much harder for someone like, say, Kirara/Mihoshi to infiltrate a group of 3 and sabotage one of their Gunpla without being noticed than it would be if she only had to cozy up to Sei.
I don't see how it would do that.

It's not like the sabotage would be done in the presence of the other teammates. Sei would still have his own private time. In fact, he was already in a team of two with his partner Reiji.

As for the plot by the Chairman, I'm not sure which one you are referring to that would be discouraged in a team battle. But by being the man in charge of the competition, there would always be ways of messing with it.
gunform1010

monster wrote:
Cybaster wrote:Or to discourage sabotage and/or Game of Thrones-style backstabbing and out-of-tournament scheming (Mashita and Baker's plots against Sei and Reiji come to mind here as well), as it would be much harder for someone like, say, Kirara/Mihoshi to infiltrate a group of 3 and sabotage one of their Gunpla without being noticed than it would be if she only had to cozy up to Sei.
I don't see how it would do that.

It's not like the sabotage would be done in the presence of the other teammates. Sei would still have his own private time. In fact, he was already in a team of two with his partner Reiji.

As for the plot by the Chairman, I'm not sure which one you are referring to that would be discouraged in a team battle. But by being the man in charge of the competition, there would always be ways of messing with it.
Boo. It means we won't get the infamous Gunpla Mafia.

Cybaster

monster wrote: It's not like the sabotage would be done in the presence of the other teammates. Sei would still have his own private time. In fact, he was already in a team of two with his partner Reiji.
But the fact that of said team of two, only Sei solely handles the maintenance of the Build Strike Gundam means that Mihoshi can bypass Reiji directly (who doesn't really care anyway) and just charm Sei up to get both teammates in trouble. Teams of Three means that they're more likely to be able to spot problems with each other's Gunpla as well (or with one of their teammates for that matter) before the match begins in case of such sabotage.

Otherwise, one'd think that this deeper Game of Thrones-esque behind-the-tournament plotting would've actually been quite ideal for the Seiran Technical Institute team to pull as well, which at least might've allowed them to get better info on the Winning Gundam's abilities if nothing else.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kuruni

My best guess, while it isn't translate well to this side, 3 vs 3 match is more tense than 1 on 1 in GBF world, providing more variety for strategy and teamwork.

Plus, it also allow more fair battle between people who use gigantic MS/MA against normal HG...maybe they took pity on Rainer, who have to pay for that Gaw alone.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Cybaster wrote:Teams of Three means that they're more likely to be able to spot problems with each other's Gunpla as well (or with one of their teammates for that matter) before the match begins in case of such sabotage.
Not really, if the sabotage was good enough as to fool the gunpla's own builder/fighter, I doubt any other person would notice either.
Otherwise, one'd think that this deeper Game of Thrones-esque behind-the-tournament plotting would've actually been quite ideal for the Seiran Technical Institute team to pull as well, which at least might've allowed them to get better info on the Winning Gundam's abilities if nothing else.
I'm not sure what you mean.
YokozunaBulldozer

Future power-ups according to 2015 February issue of Hobby Japan
Spoiler
Build Burning Gundam > TRY Burning Gundam

Lightning Gundam > Lightning Gundam Full Vernian(BWS will be BWS MK II)

Winning Gundam > Star Winning Gundam

Lightning FV seems like more enhancements will be put into the BWS than Lightning itself.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
gunform1010

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Future power-ups according to 2015 February issue of Hobby Japan
Spoiler
Build Burning Gundam > TRY Burning Gundam

Lightning Gundam > Lightning Gundam Full Vernian(BWS will be BWS MK II)

Winning Gundam > Star Winning Gundam

Lightning FV seems like more enhancements will be put into the BWS than Lightning itself.
For the names, I'm stuck between "awesome" and "oh come on".
Spoiler
Most impressive of the designs is the Star Winning.
Let's see the things in action, though.

Calubin_175

Star hax, colony laser level mega launcher and punch imminent.
gunform1010

Spoiler
Everyone is seriously getting rekt.

Oddly enough Yuu still gets pwned but at least he knows his lightning doesn't suck.

Fumina got rekt for not using her gimmicks properly. Lady Kawaguchi was damn cool.... but her fashion sense is weird.

Sekai met a not-Aila! All bets it's our Junya! :D What, I can't squee? :evil:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/de7a8dadc60 ... 1_1280.jpg

What's this new mode's translation?

Strike Zero

It's all coming together.
Spoiler
All it took was for a couple of Kawaguchis to deliver a swift kick to Team Try Fighter's butts. Now, just maybe, they'll be able to pick themselves back up and reshape themselves up into legends.

Gundam The End actually revealed its main body under its cloak. I want a kit of that thing so bad.

This episode reminded me just how glorious it is to have Mejin Kawaguchi around. And as it turns out, LADY Kawaguchi is just as aMEIJINg as the Meijin -- double the Kawaguchis, double the fun!

And what's this? A new mysterious female has entered the scene? She is credited as "Kijima Cia," which makes her a relative of Kijima Wilfrid. It would appear that she has an interest in Sekai, and I am most interested to learn exactly what her angle might be.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Oh my it has been forever since I felt I had anything of value to say to anyone (Curse my lack of wit and worthwhile observations.)
Spoiler
I really liked this episode because it put its focus on Fumina and Yuuma and the AMEIJIN duo of Tatsuya and Lady I like Sekai but he has gotten way too much focus for the past few episodes and it was nice to settle on the others for at least a brief glimpse.
I found Tatsuya showing Yuu his issue to be a natural and very well set up way of getting Yuu out his funk showing that performance is not all that matters and playing things logically can bite you in the arse big time, Tatsuya did not coddle him but in a way also showed him how skillful he really is whouping him with his own damaged unit.

Fumina's got the short end of things sadly and I really felt that she should have had more of the episode or a one all her own we barely saw her fight with Lady and that was highly disappointing we also got to see a brand new set of gimmicks which as the Buzz saw and cross bow she even used the winning launcher and it was nice to see the winning is more than a glorified super move booster, her lesson was not really told to us but I feel that it is more or less inferred that her issue is focusing to much on supporting the others and not enough on her own power and strengths seeing how much she put into the winning I feel Fumina really has the potential to be a tricky skillfull tactician fighter ala Joseph Joestar.

I really love the Gundam The END as it is obviously a big love letter to G Gundam the series closest to my heart I suspect that its Ultimate attack would have been the Dead-end Sekiha Tenkyoken! It also however reminds me of one of the things that makes me sad about the BB in that its Mobile fighter themed but is not a real Mobile fighter in terms of it being closer to the Impulse in terms of design thats just a personal gripe.

I feel with the introduction of our mysterious new type girl and the way the episode ended on her and Sekai they are going to end out as rivals although I am certain most of us feel that way I really hope if she is then she is the Jigen-Haou user Saga brought up so we can get a proper G-Gundam style fight.

As it stands I also got a strange vibe of Saga being more of a Sekai and Yuu rival than a Yuu rival although that is likely because Saga's very G gundam Gunpla and how he could be seen as a more "renegade" version of Sekai's character ala Ryu/Akuma.
All in all its looking good not particularly great but really good still looking forward to Sekai's Shishou and how things will go, but I have reasonably high hopes!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Destiny_Gundam

Was anyone else waiting for Saga to say "Dead End Shoot"?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
YokozunaBulldozer

I assume we will get the new powered-up gunplas by the end of January the latest under the assumption they will start selling on February.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

Darn Meijin...you wear sunglass under helmet!

I guess we have pretty good chance that all complain about Fumina being purely support type will be invalid soon. Yeah, people recognize it in-universe as well.

The mysterious girl at the end, debut with similar line to China in first season (remember, when she remark that Arista is beautiful?)...dammit another ship coming this way...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Was anyone else waiting for Saga to say "Dead End Shoot"?
*raises hand*
Kuruni wrote:Darn Meijin...you wear sunglass under helmet!
Of course. If Quattro can do it, and Zechs can have his whole darn mask under his helmet, then Yuuki can have a thin pair of shades under his.
The mysterious girl at the end, debut with similar line to China in first season (remember, when she remark that Arista is beautiful?)...dammit another ship coming this way...
The shipyards are certainly busy when it comes to build fighters.
Another neat callback to the original series is when Saga mentioned who he considered to be world class fighters.
Spoiler
Felini, Luang, and Greco to be specific.
Lady pan stitch, and her powering up to wreck Fumina.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
balofo

Another good ep. Can they save the series?
Amion

If every episode after this one is of the same quality of character development or mecha combat cheoragraphy, than yes, yes they can. If they do both somehow, like dear Build Fighters managed so flawlessly, than we're in for some good stuff this coming midwinter.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. They've wasted way too much time. This should have been at least three episodes ago. Course, who knows? We may get a second cour of TRY for all I know.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.