The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Akashi Takumi wrote:Fumina with long hair :shock:
...where have you been? We've seen her with long hair two-three times now....

frankly she looks better with it down.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
BrentD15

gunform1010 wrote:
monster wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:I don't know why the production team is trying to ship Fumina and Sekai so much when it's completely one-sided. :|
I'm not sure what you mean. The production team is showing that it's one-sided.
Yep. And we're also betting it'll end status quo seeing he's a dense rock. Though he was successful in trolling Yuuma this time... :lol:
He's as oblivious as Ash Ketchum. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

Was there a reference during the preview to the Big Zam?

Also there are some shoutouts to some other Sunrise Anime. See which ones you can spot:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/gundam_matom ... 62239b.jpg

YokozunaBulldozer

AmuroNT1 wrote:I'd say with Yuuki/Meijin, the main issue in the first season was his conflict with the Second Meijin's legacy and its impact on the title. As of Try, seven years later, he's managed to completely erase the negative image of the previous title-holder and thus there's no conflict between him acting as Tatsuya Yuuki and acting as the 3rd Meijin Kawaguchi.

Also Sentai fans, I hope you noticed the shout out this episode. Hint: It was brave.
Other than the Mightgaine easter eggs didn't know there was a sentai easter egg. Was Kyoryuger hinted somewhere this episode?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Akashi Takumi

gunform1010 wrote:

I have just recovered from the "will wait until there are more than four episodes that I have not watched so that I will not feel that itch to wait for the next episode because I have only watched one new episode" syndrome.

And yes she does look better, I was starting to head toward the shia ship but this made me re-consider.
gunform1010

Akashi Takumi wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:

I have just recovered from the "will wait until there are more than four episodes that I have not watched so that I will not feel that itch to wait for the next episode because I have only watched one new episode" syndrome.

And yes she does look better, I was starting to head toward the shia ship but this made me re-consider.
The synchronized trolling adds some points to HMS SekaFuu also.

So they said this was the 13th U-19... does this mean ever since around the beginning of the 8th world tournament they held these tourneys semi-annually?

Dark Duel

Personally, I utterly despise Minato Sakai…pretty much since he showed up. So seeing him reduced to a largely ineffectual Loser Rival/Butt Monkey is perfectly fine by me. Though I’m sure we’ll get some kind of a fight when they inevitably face the Try Fighters, I’m hoping Yuuma’s Lightning Fb wipes the floor with him.
Speaking of which, the battle…
I will say this: aesthetically, there are some elements of the Build Burning that I still prefer to its successor, though the Try Burning ends up being a lot more badass than the lineart made it look.
Though I was kinda hoping the Phoenix Punch move wouldn’t get reused so soon *shrug*

And Star Winning was pretty cool. But BY FAR the best part of the episode, and IMO the battle, was seeing the Lightning Fb so easily and massively outclass a Trans-Am’ed Kyrios. Lightning’s always been my favorite of the Try Fighters, and as underwhelming as the design still is, it remains a total badass of a machine.
In fact, it’s given me ideas for further improvements I can make to a planned custom HG kit I’m still working on.

Also, I really hope that we get MG kits for the Lightning and its two BWS. MG release for the Burnings is a foregone conclusion, but I hope we get the Lightnings too. Because if we do, that custom HG project of mine is going to be a custom MG project instead ;)

Overall, a pretty awesome episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Minato is the only good new chara in Try...
Wingnut

gunform1010 wrote:So they said this was the 13th U-19... does this mean ever since around the beginning of the 8th world tournament they held these tourneys semi-annually?
The proper way to say it is "13th tournament: U-19 division." Not like "The 13th U-19 tournament."
balofo wrote:Minato is the only good new chara in Try...
[Oldmanvoice]Ya know, back in my day, we had to work hard at our trolling. Serious trenches dug inside stone bridges and the like. Kids these days just try and slither in the mud under a wood bridge over a creek and call themselves "Trolls".[/Oldmanvoice]
Last edited by Wingnut on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

Wingnut wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:So they said this was the 13th U-19... does this mean ever since around the beginning of the 8th world tournament they held these tourneys semi-annually?
The proper way to say it is "13th tournament: U-19 division." Not like "The 13th U-19 tournament."
...the wording of that was confusing. Accursed Yajima Trading. :roll: But then what the heck? Nationals are held around the same time period as the open, traditional world championship?

YokozunaBulldozer

Trion Z is the next best thing since popcorn. I love it.
Lord Dearche

balofo wrote:Minato is the only good new chara in Try...
Don't know if you're serious or trolling but....He honestly is.

He's been far more entertaining than any other new character from Try. (Meijin doesn't count since he's from the real season).
monster

Wingnut wrote:The proper way to say it is "13th tournament: U-19 division."
Wait a minute, why is this only the 13th tournament? Sei first participated in the 7th tournament and it has been 7 years since then. Also, Gunpla Academy had been national champions 6 times in a row, and there's no way Gunpla Academy was a national champion during the 7th tournament because there was no such thing in that year. So this should've been the 14th tournament.
Lord Dearche

Because the tournaments are entirely different.

Sei and Reiji participated in the WORLD Tournament. There were no age restrictions, and it was open to the entire world. (As long as they qualified via the smaller tournaments in their region).

THIS Tournament is meant specifically for schools in Japan only, which is why the Age limit is set at 19 which is what they do in real life in Japan for students and such. Lots of other Animes that have these sort of tuornaments for kids have the same 19 and under rules as well. Nanoha Vivid is the only similar setting that comes to mind though.

But in any case, it's the reason why it says U-19 directly in the tournament name itself. Also, because Wilfred has participated in the tournament 6 times, more than likely it happens twice a year.

Also among other things, You're forgetting something important in the world. After Reiji and Aila left after the 7th world tournament, it took Nills up to two years to re create and monopolize Plavsky particles, So Obviously there'de be discrepancies between the time in years and actual tournament numbers.
YokozunaBulldozer

Lord Dearche wrote:Because the tournaments are entirely different.

Sei and Reiji participated in the WORLD Tournament. There were no age restrictions, and it was open to the entire world. (As long as they qualified via the smaller tournaments in their region).

THIS Tournament is meant specifically for schools in Japan only, which is why the Age limit is set at 19 which is what they do in real life in Japan for students and such. Lots of other Animes that have these sort of tuornaments for kids have the same 19 and under rules as well. Nanoha Vivid is the only similar setting that comes to mind though.

But in any case, it's the reason why it says U-19 directly in the tournament name itself. Also, because Wilfred has participated in the tournament 6 times, more than likely it happens twice a year.

Also among other things, You're forgetting something important in the world. After Reiji and Aila left after the 7th world tournament, it took Nills up to two years to re create and monopolize Plavsky particles, So Obviously there'de be discrepancies between the time in years and actual tournament numbers.
Yeah Sei and Reiji were pretty much in the wild wild west.
gunform1010

You sure? Back in "Promise" China said "A year passed since that day" when she's staring at the venue.... sounds a little too exact to wiggle in two years.

I'd say U-19 started the winter after the events of BF... but this seems to create a new problem this seemingly sets up Fumi and Yuu originally shooting for the world tourney. Did they just not care, as long as they stepped into the limelight to battle with really good players? But then again we don't know when Lady's Kanto Invitational Tournament occurred exactly in the year after BF... not winter that's for sure. :lol:

Also when Yuu-kun got pwned he was supposed to be participating in the U-19 nationals or the world tourney? Or is that never answered?

Lord Dearche

From what we can tell, some random guy just up and challenged him and he accepted. Got curb stomped, and then spent the rest of his life until the show started. Just a random single battle, not some tournament or anything official.
monster

I think it's more likely that the U-19 division and the All-Japan regional/national championship are part of the changes introduced by Yajima Trading some time after it took over from PPSE, possibly from the rise in popularity in Gunpla Battle Championship, but still as part of the overall annual GBC promotion.

Considering any school kid in Build Fighters can participate in an officially scantioned tournament that goes all the way to the official world championship, I don't think it makes any sense for PPSE to also operate a more restrictive championship, especially to do it a year after the world championship had already been established.

The last episode of Build Fighters said that GBC 8 happened only a year later.

I also don't think the national championship occurs twice a year because Wilfrid mentioned that Junya entered 2 years ago when Gunpla Academy won its 5th national championship. Then Gunpla Academy won its 6th championship last year and is currently the defending champion for this year's tournament.
AmuroNT1

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Other than the Mightgaine easter eggs didn't know there was a sentai easter egg. Was Kyoryuger hinted somewhere this episode?
Indeed there was. When Minato was telling Fumina about his Gunpla, he says "Listen and be amazed!" (Kiite odoroke!), the exact phrase Daigo (Kyoryu Red) said at the start of the team roll call.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

monster wrote:

I think it's more likely that the U-19 division and the All-Japan regional/national championship are part of the changes introduced by Yajima Trading some time after it took over from PPSE, possibly from the rise in popularity in Gunpla Battle Championship, but still as part of the overall annual GBC promotion.

Considering any school kid in Build Fighters can participate in an officially scantioned tournament that goes all the way to the official world championship, I don't think it makes any sense for PPSE to also operate a more restrictive championship, especially to do it a year after the world championship had already been established.

The last episode of Build Fighters said that GBC 8 happened only a year later.

I also don't think the national championship occurs twice a year because Wilfrid mentioned that Junya entered 2 years ago when Gunpla Academy won its 5th national championship. Then Gunpla Academy won its 6th championship last year and is currently the defending champion for this year's tournament.
If it doesn't occur semi-annually, how the heck did we get up to 13 tournaments within 7 years?

Come to think of it Fumi and Yuu could have shot for nationals assuming the U-19 tourney did start in the summer after BF.