The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Tournament flow known:

http://i.imgur.com/NjbrOW4.jpg

-4 division winners: Lucas(will take Zaku losers along the way), Try(next fight is triplets, final fight is Junya), Gunpla(first battle is Sugita), Minato
-Semis look: Gunpla VS Lucas and Try VS Minato

pretty boring...
Raikoh

It's moments like this when I gotta sit back and appreciate the format of the original Build Fighters. By having the prelims, they could chop out most of the flab and make the actual fights be with characters we cared about - and not to mention they could show off the upgrades without needing to pointlessly build up a team only for them to get torn down without any dramatic weight behind it.

Speaking of build up, saying Junya "tied with Sleggar" is counterproductive if they're wanting to make him seem threatening. Oh, so he's equal to that guy who was beaten easily and decisively in the first half?

Minato might've had a chance to shine if he were on a queue to fight against Sugita or triplets or Zaku jobbers but it seems he's going to just be going through no-names until he jobs in the top 4. He's having too much fun and is too comedic to be taken seriously as a competitor in a series like Try, I think.

Well, later Sugita. Hope you had fun, because you never had a chance to be relevant.

EDIT: D'oh, I completely forgot to mention. Mirai has a lot less charisma than Try seems to think she has. Fact that her scene entirely slipped my mind is indicative of that. I don't mind characters getting attention for no reason other than "she wooks pwetty" since that's no big deal, but getting an entire stadium worked up just by standing in front of them and saying a couple lines? Maybe if she were Daigoji Gai or something that would be believable.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Wingnut

As Obi-Wan once said, The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded, Raikoh. Just scratch the surface of idol culture in Japan, and what Mirai can do will seem totally normal and reasonable.
Kuruni wrote:Hmmm...I wonder if Tatsuya is now alway "in-character" or because he's with Lady?
I think that by now he's adapted himself to the Mejin persona more as his own personality kinda like how Lady Une merged her two personalities at the end of Wing. Unless the shades come off, we're not gonna see just Yuuki Tatsuya in the man.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

I'd say with Yuuki/Meijin, the main issue in the first season was his conflict with the Second Meijin's legacy and its impact on the title. As of Try, seven years later, he's managed to completely erase the negative image of the previous title-holder and thus there's no conflict between him acting as Tatsuya Yuuki and acting as the 3rd Meijin Kawaguchi.

Also Sentai fans, I hope you noticed the shout out this episode. Hint: It was brave.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Lord Dearche

Just started last nights episode.

-The intro scene

....Just get a room already! Though they probably already are and yell out TRANS-AM randomly.

Only halfway in but Minato is a miracle of the Build Universe. Even more hilarious is that he actually has a copy of Yuuma's glasses on him at all times for the sake of Improv and dramatizations.
Vent Noir

Given my hatred for Allelujah, I was pretty pleased to see him annihilated by proxy this episode.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Lord Dearche

No that would actually be Junya since he's basically Hallelujah and even voiced by the same actor. Kyrios and Arios themselves were always fine machines.
gunform1010

...I'm wondering where the open tournaments are held now... also at the new Yajima Stadium?
Let's hope we find out when the world tourney is held...
Lord Dearche wrote:Just started last nights episode.

-The intro scene

....Just get a room already! Though they probably already are and yell out TRANS-AM randomly.

Only halfway in but Minato is a miracle of the Build Universe. Even more hilarious is that he actually has a copy of Yuuma's glasses on him at all times for the sake of Improv and dramatizations.
Minato's possession of those is... creepy.
balofo wrote:Tournament flow known:

http://i.imgur.com/NjbrOW4.jpg

-4 division winners: Lucas(will take Zaku losers along the way), Try(next fight is triplets, final fight is Junya), Gunpla(first battle is Sugita), Minato
-Semis look: Gunpla VS Lucas and Try VS Minato

pretty boring...
Ah, I was hoping Junya could make it to best four... Oh well, I guess this works too.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Lord Dearche

People are assuming the tournament fights will simply just play out easily. The Junya fight will most likely be a bit different than just a quick battle. The show went out of it's way to bring up the specific rule about 1 vs 1 battles in the situation that the time runs out so we're bound to see that happening with Junya.
balofo

Just noticed the left groups have to win 4 battles to get to best 4, while left groups only have to win 3(sans 2).

I don't think we're getting a surprise competent team, seems pretty straightforward with fated battles.

Episode wise, 16 is still team introduction, so that leaves 9 episodes for the main battles and set up episodes. Fights that will get an episode dedicated to them:
-Try VS triplets
-Try VS Junya
-Lucas introduction&Sugita VS Academy
-Try VS Minato
-Lucas VS Academy
-Try VS Academy

Around 6, plus one obligatory pre final battle build up episode. That leaves 2 left for random battles or character development.
Lord Dearche

Sadly the tournament will probably lack the good stuff from S1s tournament. Such as the sports day festival matches, iron leaguer episode, whacky races parody, And a hot plate. They're perfect for soup.
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Sadly the tournament will probably lack the good stuff from S1s tournament. Such as the sports day festival matches, iron leaguer episode, whacky races parody, And a hot plate. They're perfect for soup.
Half of that fun bull can be attributed to the fact there was rigging...

I mean at least make some dancing competition...
Lord Dearche wrote:People are assuming the tournament fights will simply just play out easily. The Junya fight will most likely be a bit different than just a quick battle. The show went out of it's way to bring up the specific rule about 1 vs 1 battles in the situation that the time runs out so we're bound to see that happening with Junya.
Probably. We've seen a one-on-one fistfight once, we'll see a longer (and hopefully better) one.

What I'm surprised at is despite witnessing Sekai channel Ideon power levels the triplets don't really bat an eye the next time they see him.

Amion

I'm confused, wasn't all the various races and games part of the world tournament? This is just the nationals for Japan...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mythgarr

Man, Try Burning and Full Vernier Lighting are even more haxor than I originally thought.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Amion wrote:I'm confused, wasn't all the various races and games part of the world tournament? This is just the nationals for Japan...
Maybe. The baseball stadium thing definitely was not just "part of the world tourney" but an active attempt at sabotage by Chairman Mashita. The race may have been the same thing also.
Last edited by gunform1010 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrentD15

I will never get used to being late to these discussions. :evil:

I don't know why the production team is trying to ship Fumina and Sekai so much when it's completely one-sided. :|

Also, I'm really starting to get really tired of seeing Build Knuckle. :evil:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

BrentD15 wrote:I will never get used to being late to these discussions. :evil:

I don't know why the production team is trying to ship Fumina and Sekai so much when it's completely one-sided. :|

Also, I'm really starting to get really tired of seeing Build Knuckle. :evil:
Too bad. MORE BUILD KNUCKLES HERE (though they don't call it that anymore, but hey, it spins!)

I guess the producers thrive off of our tears. :(

monster

BrentD15 wrote:I don't know why the production team is trying to ship Fumina and Sekai so much when it's completely one-sided. :|
I'm not sure what you mean. The production team is showing that it's one-sided.
gunform1010

monster wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:I don't know why the production team is trying to ship Fumina and Sekai so much when it's completely one-sided. :|
I'm not sure what you mean. The production team is showing that it's one-sided.
Yep. And we're also betting it'll end status quo seeing he's a dense rock. Though he was successful in trolling Yuuma this time... :lol:
Mythgarr wrote:Man, Try Burning and Full Vernier Lighting are even more haxor than I originally thought.
TRY Burning was expected but the Full Vernier (FULL BURNERN is a gross TL)'s hax? That came out of left field.

So where the heck did Adou go two years before (other than like trash Yuuma)?

Akashi Takumi

Fumina with long hair :shock: