The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Raikoh wrote:All the martial arts hype goes to a guy whose gimmick isn't even martial arts, strangely. Judo flips? Hokuto shoutouts? Dodging? I didn't think Try was capable of this kind of stuff.
I think it's pretty logical to learn martial arts countermoves even if you aren't a practitioner, especially since the show's been teasing for quite a while about this Junya person being a Jigen Haoh user who's well-known (at least to the Gunpla Academy).

Honestly, Fumina flipping out over Shia felt a bit off-base for me. Yeah, we've had random little rom-com bits (like her and Sekai falling in a heap back in the first episode), but so far there hasn't been any real indication that she's attracted to Sekai. Not to mention she KNOWS the guy's as thick as a whale omelette when it comes to romance, so I dunno why she was worried. Tho I will say, the part where she randomly turned into a Powerpuff Girl had me laughing as loudly as the episode's 6AM release time would allow.

I was actually hoping Yuuma would show Sekai a little more respect after the latter finally showed an interest in working on his own Gunpla, but I guess that's a slow road. Based off of his little speech near the end of this week's episode, even getting him to stop being openly contemptuous of Sekai is an uphill battle.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

Now that I watched it translated, I figured that's what Shia would do, help Sekai b/c he ain't at his best.

Anyone want to provide the Kanji for the newest Jigen Haoh move this episode? Speak of moves, THAT MOON SPLIT. The day the power reaches Ideon-level I will be pleased (destruction of the entire stage at the national tournament).
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
BrentD15

Am I the only one that hates being late to these discussions?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:Now that I watched it translated, I figured that's what Shia would do, help Sekai b/c he ain't at his best.

Anyone want to provide the Kanji for the newest Jigen Haoh move this episode? Speak of moves, THAT MOON SPLIT. The day the power reaches Ideon-level I will be pleased (destruction of the entire stage at the national tournament).
波動列帛拳

Roughly translates to Surging Silk Spread Fist or Surging Aligned Silk Fist.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
gunform1010

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Now that I watched it translated, I figured that's what Shia would do, help Sekai b/c he ain't at his best.

波動列帛拳

Roughly translates to Surging Silk Spread Fist or Surging Aligned Silk Fist.
Thanks.

Shia was probably talking about Junya in this episode earlier... when will our mysterious draped long-haired senpai appear? :D

Compass

Has the moon ever been destroyed in a Gundam series before? I know it's been bombarded, but split in half/exploded? By a MERE Gundam?! What magic is this?!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
AmuroNT1

gunform1010 wrote:Shia was probably talking about Junya in this episode earlier... when will our mysterious draped long-haired senpai appear? :D
When was it ever shown that Junya had long hair? Literally all we know about this person so far is 1) he's male and 2) he practices Jigen Haoh.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Shia was probably talking about Junya in this episode earlier... when will our mysterious draped long-haired senpai appear? :D
When was it ever shown that Junya had long hair? Literally all we know about this person so far is 1) he's male and 2) he practices Jigen Haoh.
Ok fine it's not established officially but there's this gut feeling he's our shadowed figure of the intro.

HellCat

Compass wrote:Has the moon ever been destroyed in a Gundam series before? I know it's been bombarded, but split in half/exploded? By a MERE Gundam?! What magic is this?!
My first thought was Sonic Adventure 2.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Compass wrote:Has the moon ever been destroyed in a Gundam series before?
No, because the Moon will always be there...

Maybe it's just me, but I got a little blip on my trap-dar. Shia is flat as a board and they were a little too insistant on saying she's a cute "girl." Fumina might be all worried about it, but in such situations the punchline is usually "you worried for nothing because she's a dude."
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Compass wrote:Has the moon ever been destroyed in a Gundam series before?
No, because the Moon will always be there...

Maybe it's just me, but I got a little blip on my trap-dar. Shia is flat as a board and they were a little too insistant on saying she's a cute "girl." Fumina might be all worried about it, but in such situations the punchline is usually "you worried for nothing because she's a dude."
Waffle over Meatbun 2.0 anyday. But in Shia's defense, she managed to dethrone someone with assets.
AmuroNT1 wrote:Honestly, Fumina flipping out over Shia felt a bit off-base for me. Yeah, we've had random little rom-com bits (like her and Sekai falling in a heap back in the first episode), but so far there hasn't been any real indication that she's attracted to Sekai.
3- While everyone is else is confused when Gyanko gives Sekai the bentou, Fumina's not happy.
5- The brief argument with Gyanko and that brief pause after she talks to Sekai about Lady K.
7- "You're pretty cool." and her quick attempts to hide her little pucker up moment.
8- The biggest piece, Fumina waits for Sekai at his house. Who does that? Plus she shows more jelliness when Sekai attempts to explain himself.

Moving on, looks like Meijin will actually be there to witness Minato barge into the nationals successfully...
Last edited by gunform1010 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mythgarr

This episode basically strengthen my conviction that in the future Bandai is selling raw materials and design files for 3d printed gunpla parts :)
Broken gunplas can be fixed fast and easy, creative people can modify the design files and create their own designs, and there is profileration of gunplas everywhere!
Visit The Dreams
AmuroNT1

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I got a little blip on my trap-dar. Shia is flat as a board and they were a little too insistant on saying she's a cute "girl." Fumina might be all worried about it, but in such situations the punchline is usually "you worried for nothing because she's a dude."
The official website calls her "Wilfred Kijima's younger sister" (キジマ・ウィルフリッドの実妹), so that theory doesn't seem to pan out.

Also, I think a better translation for Sekai's new technique (Hadou Reppaku Ken 波動裂帛拳) would be Screaming Wave Fist.

Destiny_Gundam

Normally I'd say it's misinformation so as to not spoil the reveal, but then I remember Japan does have gender neutral terms. Well, it was just a little blip and naturally I'd prefer her to be a girl.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Normally I'd say it's misinformation so as to not spoil the reveal, but then I remember Japan does have gender neutral terms. Well, it was just a little blip and naturally I'd prefer her to be a girl.
Don't worry about this happening: http://i.imgur.com/KbBqsQP.jpg

I was in disbelief to hear Yuuma's VA is Mao's VA's little brother. Ah well.

YokozunaBulldozer

AmuroNT wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I got a little blip on my trap-dar. Shia is flat as a board and they were a little too insistant on saying she's a cute "girl." Fumina might be all worried about it, but in such situations the punchline is usually "you worried for nothing because she's a dude."
The official website calls her "Wilfred Kijima's younger sister" (キジマ・ウィルフリッドの実妹), so that theory doesn't seem to pan out.

Also, I think a better translation for Sekai's new technique (Hadou Reppaku Ken 波動裂帛拳) would be Screaming Wave Fist.
Hadou is typically wave, surge or pulse.
As for reppaku it literally translates to aligned silk or spreaded silk, so it is a bit of a doozy. :D
The way I interpret it is that the user of the move discharges a surge of energy like "spreaded silk" from his/her fist. So maybe if we drop the silk part Spreading Wave Fist seems passable. Of course if there is a better translation out there that is as close to the kanji while not sounding awkward that would be cool.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunform1010

Where exactly do you get the Kanji from? The official website? Gundam.info? The BF Twitter?

YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:Where exactly do you get the Kanji from? The official website? Gundam.info? The BF Twitter?
Official websites, twitter, Japanese wikipedia pages, Japanese blog posts that review the eps, wiktionary, etc etc.
Mythgarr

I think we better call it Swirling Wave Fist
Visit The Dreams
AmuroNT1

The translation I got for Reppaku includes 1) the sound of tearing cloth, 2) a scream, or 3) the cry of a cuckoo. I went with the one that best fits the concept of the attack.