The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Alice Imai will have a hard time establishing a school, making herself famous, and then has a dedicated student like Sekai in seven years.
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

Although I'm not support or against the theory, I would like to point out that it isn't that hard.

Sekai admit in the first episode then Jigen Haou school is obscure (when the polices tell him that they never heard that name). And if it like how Shuji Kurosu form Tohofuhai school, then what it take is a fateful encounter with Sekai that he'll agree to travel on training with her (ok, it's harder since she's girl, but that's it).
My girlfriend was a loli.
HellCat

Something that's bugging me.

Sei built Burning and apparently used it in the world tournament. Sei Iori, the world famous 'I'm on a stamp!' Gunpla champion.

Given how seriously most of the characters we've met treat Gunpla, why has no one else recognised it? I mean this is the universe where each episode the cast are like "It's a custom Juagg!" or what have you. Why is no one beyond personal friends of Sei reacting to its pressence?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

We never see Build Burning in its original form, it may be very different (like RGM-79E to RGM-79).

One possibility is that while Yuuma and Ral recognize it, this may because they know Sei's style better than eveyone else and see how it's upgraded, while other only see it as one gunpla.

Not very good theory, I have to admit.
HellCat

Right now I think they would have been better if they'd gone with 'Build Burning is the Gunpla Sei was privately working on for an unknown purpose (for/against Reiji, obviously)' and thus no one beyond his close friends would recognise it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
gunform1010

HellCat wrote:Something that's bugging me.

Sei built Burning and apparently used it in the world tournament. Sei Iori, the world famous 'I'm on a stamp!' Gunpla champion.

Given how seriously most of the characters we've met treat Gunpla, why has no one else recognised it? I mean this is the universe where each episode the cast are like "It's a custom Juagg!" or what have you. Why is no one beyond personal friends of Sei reacting to its pressence?
Indeed. Fumina and the St. Odessa girls especially have not reacted to the Build Burning's presence like "OH THAT MACHINE" which is rather odd, given that they probably followed Gunpla Battle for years...

Just how "upgraded" was this machine...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Compass

Clearly, Sei Iori's Gundams are marketed by GBF Universe' Bandai and thousands are made off the assembly line. Sekai owns the prototype, vastly superior to its common-built kits.

...What? I see no reason why they wouldn't make kits of champion models.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
gunform1010

Compass wrote:Clearly, Sei Iori's Gundams are marketed by GBF Universe' Bandai and thousands are made off the assembly line. Sekai owns the prototype, vastly superior to its common-built kits.

That's honestly an awesome idea. But the gunpla is explicitly stated by Yuuma, an expert builder, to be upgraded.

Such is the mystery that is the Build Burning. Can Sei come back as the Takeshi of this season...

Mythgarr

Well, seeing that the shoulder pads of BBG is kinda overlarge, and the back is attachment ready, probably somewhere in the club room Sei has hidden a blue print of BBG planned upgrades. He might as well hiding it in a Dom simply to measure an armor concept for BBG. He hid it in Dom and left it there one day because he was called by China to come out of the room or ELSE! So he left in a hurry.

or so I thought :)
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Compass wrote:Clearly, Sei Iori's Gundams are marketed by GBF Universe' Bandai and thousands are made off the assembly line. Sekai owns the prototype, vastly superior to its common-built kits.

I was waiting for someone to say this. It's kinda obvious as far as assumptions go.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:Well, seeing that the shoulder pads of BBG is kinda overlarge, and the back is attachment ready, probably somewhere in the club room Sei has hidden a blue print of BBG planned upgrades. He might as well hiding it in a Dom simply to measure an armor concept for BBG. He hid it in Dom and left it there one day because he was called by China to come out of the room or ELSE! So he left in a hurry.

or so I thought :)
...what?

Kyuzo Aoi

I wonder from the preview for the next episode how the boy Fumina and Sekai meet have in store for them. Would Sekai pilot Godmaru?
I am a Gundam!
Mythgarr

the questions will be answered roughly four hours from now
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

So we get preview of future contenders. The Destiny guy seem to has a dramatic background...
Spoiler
Nice job. Just like absorb shield from first series, now they make it clear that Jigen Haoh school isn't invincible.
Thank to Sekai's denseness, we finally see Mirai's goofy side.

Guntank R-44 with Proto Garland colors! It fit so well...
Spoiler
Sakai is kind of jer, although I wonder if it's really his usual attitude or he simply in bad mood? And I should have known from that smile, he's from Gunpla Shingyo School.
Ryujin

Kuruni wrote:So we get preview of future contenders. The Destiny guy seem to has a dramatic background...
Spoiler
Nice job. Just like absorb shield from first series, now they make it clear that Jigen Haoh school isn't invincible.
Rival team intro in the intro was a good way to build up the hype.

And Ral actually fighting, even. It's nice how he demonstrates that Sekai's fighting technique is literally being held down by gravity.

Also, among other things, the BGM during the SD fight was great.
Gundam420

Remember that poll where people can vote on which mobile suits they want to see in the series? Well the results (well so far, this'll go on until Nov.12) are in, and the 1 pick really surprised me.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/10/g ... -suit.html
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Kuruni

Because TR-6 is very customizable?
Amion

Gundam420 wrote:Remember that poll where people can vote on which mobile suits they want to see in the series? Well the results (well so far, this'll go on until Nov.12) are in, and the 1 pick really surprised me.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/10/g ... -suit.html
I always wanted to see that thing animated. It looks quirky, but has an interesting premise from what I recall. Doesn't the unit have a primary module for attaching parts?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Akashi Takumi

Uhh not to be rude but should'nt the discussion about the TR-6 be in the mecha thread?

Anyway..
Spoiler
FUMINA X SEKAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii