The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Amion wrote:*Jumps on the bandwagon* Lazy, you're not being final enough. Here, let me add my assertive opinion: NOTHING. :twisted:
I dunno. A meatbun is a nice snack, but a bento makes for a grossly more satisfying meal.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Uh, Strike, that post is a mess.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Strike Zero

Yeah, I know, I already fixed it. :oops:
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:
Amion wrote:*Jumps on the bandwagon* Lazy, you're not being final enough. Here, let me add my assertive opinion: NOTHING. :twisted:
I dunno. A meatbun is a nice snack, but a bento makes for a grossly more satisfying meal.
Eh. It's too early to judge, though I prefer the tsundere and "secret enemy" dynamics.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Akashi Takumi

Spoiler
Episode 3: Review/rant

Character Development:

Domon Kasshu/clone/look alike/? being Sekai's master has been foreshadowed to death already so I will skip ranting about that "reveal" of sorts.

What I would like to focus on is how the dynamics of Team Try is developing. This is our first ever peek with their synergy and though they may look like a typical team; we have the hot headed yet extremely powerful rookie in Sekai, the cool headed and very skilled anti thesis in Yuuma and the neutral middle player in Fumina; they also stand out to be quite unique as well.

Sekai is far from the typical hot headed yet powerful rookie and the annoyance factor that comes with it. Why? Sekai is so adorable, and I know that this is just episode 3, but he has just the right balance of rookie angst,indomitable willpower that is expected of a main character and Reiji-like level of cluelessness. The potential "annoying quirks" that may be associated with hot headed rookie type characters are balanced out well.

Yuuma is much much better in my eyes with this episode. He may not be as dynamic as Sekai or as charismatic as Fumina but his cool headed approach really helps tone things down and adds a reliable,experienced and consistent member to the team.

Fumina is definitely the foundation of Team Try it is her love for gunpla battle that made this all happen in the first place. She may not be as skilled as Yuuma or as dynamic as Sekai but she serves well as a solid base that binds the team together through thick or thin.

Battle:

I do not expect much in terms of intensity from a battle that serves to be the début of Team Try. What I did expect was to do that début as well as it can. And it did, the battle highlighted the unique quirks that the members of Team Try had. It clearly showed Sekai's inexperienced "to heck with the meta, I will do my own thing" rookie quirks, Yuuma's "too cool for school so follow what I do and try not to get killed or else I will mock you so hard" attitude and Fumina's "keep things together, come up with a plan" leadership.

Character Relationships:

I am still all for a Sekai x Fumina ending however I do not know how far they will explore this Gyanko angle. Will they introduce the pairing here and leave hints of it till the end of the season? Or will they actually go for it?

Yuuma x Mirai........ I think this pairing has the potential of ending up in the "kinda awkward and kind of forced just to give the third main character a love interest" category at best.

Did I mention I want SekaiXFumina?

Closing remarks and first impressions on next weeks episode:

Overall a fitting end to the 'introductory phase' , we finally get to see Team Try's dynamics. With that out of the way, it is time to ramp up the pace and introduce the supporting cast of gunpla fighters and the big shot rivals.

Next week episode could be fun for sekaixfumina shippers as it may give some insight on how far they will actually get that to go. OR they could just use the episode as a setup to the Winning Gundam, finally introducing new characters etc.
Outlaw

Wow, our little Gyanko turned out to be much less annoying than I thought she would. It also looks like she may inherit her brother's penchant for stalking protagonists.

I'm also not sure if Sekai is actually that clueless, or just really loves food.
She blinded me with... bento? 8)

As an aside I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Build Burning's appearance from inside the Dom may have something to do with a certain magical stone.
Oh well, for now it's just baseless conjecture.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
YokozunaBulldozer

Gyanko is an unexpected favorite. I thought she was going to be Carol MK I all over again but thank goodness she is not. Now where my Gundragonars at.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Gyanko is an unexpected favorite. I thought she was going to be Carol MK I all over again but thank goodness she is not. Now where my Gundragonars at.
Hopefully episode 4. :P Or maybe 5.

I agree, Outlaw. There's always the chance for Arian shenanigans. The more the merrier, so long as it's not overdone or mishandled.

At this point I'm half convinced Sei is visiting Reji and Aila. Half convinced... it may possibly explain why we didn't hear anything of him. Then again, his dad was off radar most of the series, so who am I to start presumptuous conjecture?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
BrentD15

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of onii-gyan. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
YokozunaBulldozer

Amion wrote: Then again, his dad was off radar most of the series, so who am I to start presumptuous conjecture?
Yeah, his dad was busy role-playing Magnum P.I. in the Gunpla scene.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kyuzo Aoi

What is the beam gun Sekai uses for in Episode 3, in the probably for sure the one episode we will see Build Burning with a gun?
I am a Gundam!
Strike105

That's just a beam spray gun from a ordinary GM.
Strike Zero

Amion

Strike Zero

WELL SCREW YOU TOO, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER. :evil:
latenlazy

This is where we get murder by Gyan.
Amion

Strike Zero wrote:WELL SCREW YOU TOO, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER. :evil:
Don't worry, this is Build Fighters! I'm sure Gyanko will discover or be discovered by some other guy who will be more aware of her affection! :)

*Hears something mechanical* Hmm, what? What was-

-*R-GyaGya burst through the roof, firing missiles*
yazi88

I too say YES!
Zeonista

It's episode 3, and we have Try off and running! 8) Just some general observations...

1. Mirai-chan is more than just a pretty face, she is a femme fatale in the making. But she sure can sell gunpla. She could persuade me to buy a Bearguy. She could probably get me to buy a BF Zakurello if she posed with it.
2. Considering the situation when they got Yuuma transferred.... Well, there's no counting for taste. But it's nice to think nerdy Gundam modelers can get kawaii nerdy girlfriends. too. :)
3. Sekai, the Ohta of Build Fighter. :lol: Well, at least he can hit something by punching it!
4. R35!! :D
5. "In the middle of practice, Ral was forgotten..."
6. I have a new favorite character. You should all know who and why. ;)
7. Shoot everything!! Punch everything!! Fumina has her work cut out for her....
8. Yuuma still hasn't gotten over being taken apart like a pizza, has he? Well, he and Sekai will undoubtedly get character development for learning to work together.
9. Ending the One Year War with a single message of friendship and MS appreciation. Hey a Unicorn just ran past...
10. Bento ship!! BENTO SHIP!! Things will now be lively off the battlefield too. Seishun shitemasu!!
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
DarkerThanBlack Man

well, that's depressing.

I'm sad now.