The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Gunpla Builders. What happens when your MA was only sold at smaller scale.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Vent Noir

Episode 7: "Simon the Snap-builder"
Minami Yasuhiro / Shuuji Iuchi / Michinori Chiba(chara) / Hiroshi Arisawa(mecha)
"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Destiny_Gundam

I'm confused again... Aren't all gunpla builders snap builders?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

Vent Noir wrote:
Episode 7: "Simon the Snap-builder"
Minami Yasuhiro / Shuuji Iuchi / Michinori Chiba(chara) / Hiroshi Arisawa(mecha)
"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
So he goes through a journey of self discovery and then gets nothing at the end of it, stepping aside with some talk of 'making room for the new generation' when his life has barely started?

Yes, I only watched that show in the last few months. Why do you ask?
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I'm confused again... Aren't all gunpla builders snap builders?
"Snap build" refers to a straight out-of-box build without any customizations or polish -- no panel lining, no paint, no clear coat.

Might also refer to particularly bad builds that don't even have the nubs filed off.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Is that the specific term they use in Japan? Not exactly intuitive. I see them being called "straight builds."
toysdream

For the subtitles we're going with "straight assembly" (same term used for Reiji's Beginning Gundam in the first series). It doesn't feel right to use the hallowed term "build" for mere snap-fitting. :-)

-- Mark
Destiny_Gundam

As a "straight assembler" I find your comment offensive :P
toysdream

Hey, I'm one too! It's nice to see we're getting represented in the Gunpla Battle universe.

-- Mark
HellCat

I have this image now of gangs of customisers marching down the street, rattling their paint cans in a threatening manner.

"Snap builders....come out and sprrrr-aaaa-aayyyyyy!"
toysdream

Now I'm wishing the teams in Build Fighters Try all had wacky gimmick themes, just like in The Warriors.

-- Mark
Kuruni

Just noticed something "Lady" is blonde with green eyes, similar to Caroline.

It's just wild guess now, but that would give new meaning to her nick.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

She has green eyes, yes (Caro-chan's were blue), and the hair color as well as how it is cut in the front suggests a possible relation. Be interesting to see where they go with that.

On the subject of building: Except for some painting, the vast majority of my kits are straight assemblies as well, though my last few kits have all been customized to some extent or another, and the crown jewel of my collection is the most heavily-customized of all.
But most of my kits are straight builds as well.

A while back, I'd done a stitch of the pic of Fumina with the GM Cardigan from the ED...and now here's the same pic, this time with Winning Gundam.
And I also did this. Because it is AWESOME.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
gunform1010

HellCat wrote:I have this image now of gangs of customisers marching down the street, rattling their paint cans in a threatening manner.

"Snap builders....come out and sprrrr-aaaa-aayyyyyy!"
"YOUR SOULS HAVE BEEN WEIGHED DOWN BY THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE LACK OF IMAGINATION!"
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Akashi Takumi

Snap building....hmm

Is snap-building really a derogatory term or is it just coined by some elitist gunpla builders to differentiate themselves from those who are "less skilled"?

Since gunpla battle performance depends so heavily on build-quality, would'nt that mean that his Destiny Gundam would be an epic flop?

Of course all of this assumes that these "leaks" are confirmed to be true.
Kuruni

It's depend on which direction they want to take it.

Lets assume that "Mamoru" is the builder of Destiny, and he's clearly someone important to him. My best guess is that "Mamoru" isn't in condition to build better gunpla for now (...or anymore), so the Destiny is all that's left of "Mamoru" which is most likely why he's going to use such shabby gunpla in the battle.

Unless they suddenly want to be soul crushing realistic, I think he will does extremely well despite the Destiny is in poor shape (mostly due to his determination)...possibly reminiscence of F91 Imagine from first season. But ultimately, he'll lose. If it's against Sekai, then it will precisely because poorly-built Destiny can't keep up, and we possibly get an aesop about how he has to move on and abandon that cellphone...ehh, gunpla (although it maybe just to remotivate "Mamoru" again, and the battle does the job). But if it's someone else...surely we will get new jerk to hate.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Akashi Takumi

Kuruni wrote:It's depend on which direction they want to take it.

Lets assume that "Mamoru" is the builder of Destiny, and he's clearly someone important to him. My best guess is that "Mamoru" isn't in condition to build better gunpla for now (...or anymore), so the Destiny is all that's left of "Mamoru" which is most likely why he's going to use such shabby gunpla in the battle.

Unless they suddenly want to be soul crushing realistic, I think he will does extremely well despite the Destiny is in poor shape (mostly due to his determination)...possibly reminiscence of F91 Imagine from first season. But ultimately, he'll lose. If it's against Sekai, then it will precisely because poorly-built Destiny can't keep up, and we possibly get an aesop about how he has to move on and abandon that cellphone...ehh, gunpla (although it maybe just to remotivate "Mamoru" again, and the battle does the job). But if it's someone else...surely we will get new jerk to hate.
Hmmmmm...

Now I am really interested with Destiny kid...maybe "Mamoru" was his dad's gunpla who passed away when he was just a kid and he inherited it and it is the only thing that reminds him of his dad.

But then he would need two more people to form a team to even compete. So will Minato and some other yet to be revealed rival, team up together? If so maybe Minato can build him a 'proper' gunpla to even things up with Sekai.
BrentD15

Kuruni wrote:Just noticed something "Lady" is blonde with green eyes, similar to Caroline.

"Watch out for Lady. She is a CARO."
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
YokozunaBulldozer

So for those curious of how exactly Gaia Dragon is a reference of Madoking Granzort this is Gaia Dragon.

Gaia Dragon

When Super Granzort finishes off its enemy it first summons/creates a dragon by stabbing the ground with its sword the Super LD Kaiser. Then it rides on the said dragon's head to dash towards its enemy to finish it off. That dragon is Gaia Dragon.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Akashi Takumi

BrentD15 wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Just noticed something "Lady" is blonde with green eyes, similar to Caroline.

"Watch out for Lady. She is a CARO."
Hmm, I think it has already been established that Caroline has BLUE eyes

EDIT:

Ok, Blueish