The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Mid-air =/= outer space. In episode 3 he was still operating under gravity and air, while in space his movements are limited to the thrust produced by the BB Gundam itself.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AmuroNT1

There's a big difference between being able to perform a jumping roundhouse kick and fighting in a zero-G environment.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

How do we solve this Zero-G debacle?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Kuruni

You can't. You have to join NASA or some other space organziation to do that. But dozens of boys in elemenary school want to be astronaut, yet most of them end up spend their life in cubical in some office.

Unless you mean what happen in GBF-T, then just wait and see (it's much easier, IMO).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Akashi Takumi

AmuroNT1 wrote:I really don't want Sei to come back and kick Team Try Fighters' butts. We already know what happens when you pit two sets of Gundam protagonists against each other...
Oh man I will be pissed if they pull a SEED Destiny with this series. At most Sei and the rest of "Season 1 Archangel Freedom Yamato" crew should be mentors to the current cast and only fight during a presumably massive scale final battle against a common enemy. But even then Sekai should be the one to land the final blow....or a Love love themed final move resulting in a heart shaped hole on the enemy...
YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:How do we solve this Zero-G debacle?
Customize it Thunderbolt style
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

Akashi Takumi wrote:...or a Love love themed final move resulting in a heart shaped hole on the enemy...
I love to see that happen between Sekai and Fumina/Gyanko. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Akashi Takumi

Spoiler
A bit late on my episode 4 thoughts but here goes..

As much as I would love to rant for an hour about how sweet Sekai and Fumina are as a couple, I would like to focus on Sekai's character development.

I must say I like Sekai more and more with each passing episode and his personality really shine in this episode. Before this point Sekai has breezed passed whatever is thrown at him but here he tasted defeat not once but twice as his weaknesses are exposed. It is not so much the fact that his weaknesses were shown to him more so how he took those defeats that impressed me.

Sekai is so positive and even when faced with Minato's "of course I am better than you, now get out of my way!" jeers, he took what is important from his defeat; to know your weakness and do something about it by either working on it so it becomes a strength or develop something new to counter act that weakness.

It is also good to see Yuuma get thrown off his throne for once. He acknowledged Minato as an even better gunpla builder than himself. His constant jeering of Sekai is starting to get annoying (probably because of the fact that I am liking Sekai with every episode) and there needs to be an episode where Sekai lays the beatdown on him so will learn to finally respect Sekai. Unless they reveal that this was all a counter reaction for being bitter of Sekai for being a better gunpla fighter than he is.

Yuuma x Mirai still feels forced and awkward and I still have no interest in it whatsoever.

And of course the teasers for Team Try Fighter's rivals....a swimming team? You mean there will actually be a match where Team Try will lay the smackdown underwater? And that Destiny pilot...cannot wait to learn more from him and how he will eventually become Sekai's rival...according to the opening theme video.

Episode 5; the qualifiers finally begin and the serious plot finally happen.
phillosmaster

I'm liking BFT so far.

My only complaint is Fumina going to a dumpy SD gundam when she was using that cool Powered GM in the first couple episodes. Upgrade? When she was going through that catalogue and passed the RX-79[G] I was screaming in my head "pick that one for the love of god". I know they were trying to explain that there is a sound tactical reason to pick SD gundams for the tournament, but I don't think the "Winning Gundam" is going to set anyone's heart on fire. If she really wanted to run support for her teamates shouldn't she have picked something like a transforming MS to quickly move around the battlefield.

Other than that it is a great series so far.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
gunform1010

phillosmaster wrote:I'm liking BFT so far.

My only complaint is Fumina going to a dumpy SD gundam when she was using that cool Powered GM in the first couple episodes. Upgrade? When she was going through that catalogue and passed the RX-79[G] I was screaming in my head "pick that one for the love of god". I know they were trying to explain that there is a sound tactical reason to pick SD gundams for the tournament, but I don't think the "Winning Gundam" is going to set anyone's heart on fire. If she really wanted to run support for her teamates shouldn't she have picked something like a transforming MS to quickly move around the battlefield.

Other than that it is a great series so far.
Well, Fumina brought up this:

"[The RX-79] can't handle every kind of terrain."

phillosmaster

Yeah I know, but I love that design. It would be cool to see it animated in BFT battles. No rational thought in that argument :)
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
monster

phillosmaster wrote:If she really wanted to run support for her teamates shouldn't she have picked something like a transforming MS to quickly move around the battlefield.
Didn't they just show that an SD gunpla can also be versatile?
gunform1010

monster wrote:
phillosmaster wrote:If she really wanted to run support for her teamates shouldn't she have picked something like a transforming MS to quickly move around the battlefield.
Didn't they just show that an SD gunpla can also be versatile?
Indeed. The winning gundam also does transform into a flight form and some super-powered "glove" for BB.

Kuruni

phillosmaster wrote:...but I don't think the "Winning Gundam" is going to set anyone's heart on fire.
Read some of previous post on this thread and the first one, you will find how some of us were pretty excite that SD kit finally has chance to shine as main MS.

Plus we don't even see how good Winning can be in action, or how many gimmick it has.
My girlfriend was a loli.
phillosmaster

I guess I'm alone then. I'm sure they will justify the choice. they don't portray Fumina as a fool. I just can't see getting excited about it, which is disapointing for me because I like Fumina as a character and I liked the design of the Cardigan.

I also really dislike SD gundam kits. I think I built one the whole time I was in the hobby and it felt very unrewarding to me. So that's where I'm coming from.
HellCat

Generally this is the problem. A segment of the fanbase dislike SD Gundams, so they cry foul about giving one a starring role.

To be honest, I wish the show would go further with it. Have more customs that do crazy things like sticking PG limbs on a HG and such. I know they obviously wanna sell an official model kit line but imagine how much more they'd sell if they really pushed this. After the drama last time, I'd love it if we got something like a team where the lead uses a Mega Size while his partners use HG/MG kits to herd opponents towards him.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Rather than disliking SD Gundams, the issue I see people having is that they gave Fumina a "girly" kit to use. Honestly it's a dumb issue to have.

This episode made it pretty clear why an SD kit is best for what she wanted. SD Gundams are 'cartoony' and thus not restrained by the relative "realness" of a full sized kit. You can slap on any old gimmick you want to an SD.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
phillosmaster

I definitely dislike SD kits. I'll admit my bias.
gunform1010

HellCat wrote:Generally this is the problem. A segment of the fanbase dislike SD Gundams, so they cry foul about giving one a starring role.

To be honest, I wish the show would go further with it. Have more customs that do crazy things like sticking PG limbs on a HG and such. I know they obviously wanna sell an official model kit line but imagine how much more they'd sell if they really pushed this. After the drama last time, I'd love it if we got something like a team where the lead uses a Mega Size while his partners use HG/MG kits to herd opponents towards him.
Hell, what we need is some misshapen but effective kitbash of a Gunpla in general.

Akashi Takumi

Hmm,I just re-watched episode 2 and the sadistic maniac who defeated Yuuma prior,has hair that looks a bit similar to Kyoji Kasshu and with the attitude to match during his DG infected state.