The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

It was my understanding that novel Banagher and animation Banagher are fairly different, the former apparently being more retro UC rough and ready.

Animation Banagher was certainly on the 'UNDERSTANDING' path. Episode 4 and the mess of 'you should care about Loni because Banagher places her life above so many others for some reason' shows that well.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
anonena

don't forget they are not on war yet
GX9900-Gundam-X

HellCat wrote:Bellri's attitude doesn't strike me as much different from Amuro's 'I'm not killing people, I'm just shooting at machines...' early logic. The idea Bellri wants to fight against something but has to constantly steady himself over having to take lives to achieve it/protect others to me is different than shouting 'We should understand each other!' like Kio and Banagher (and to be fair, AGE at least had Kio's enemies highlight he was short changing legitimate grievances) or how Kira suddenly acted holier than thou.

Reco's writing has flaws but I'll take Bellri like this over being a mouthy ball of angst.
Im not saying its wrong just that its odd but I also think it 's his age that makes belleri act like he does and I'd say early Amuro is the same its not bad in fact it makes Bell really human to have a defence mechanism and not be ready to kill people despite being a soldier as well when younger folk make mistakes its far more likely to deflect as much of it away from yourself as possibe
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
monster

HellCat wrote:or how Kira suddenly acted holier than thou.
Just a little FYI, there is nothing sudden or holier-than-thou about Kira. He's been doing what he think he can and should do ever since the time he took care of Cagalli at Heliopolis. It's really no different than Bellri or any other character doing what they think is right in an unpleasant situation.
BrentD15 wrote:To be fair, I wouldn't rope Banagher into the same camp as Kio and Kira. :)
I wouldn't put Kira in the same camp as Kio.
HellCat

Including "GOTTA KILL TO PROTECT FLAY, LET ME OUT THERE NOW!!" during the desert arc.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
monster

HellCat wrote:Including "GOTTA KILL TO PROTECT FLAY, LET ME OUT THERE NOW!!" during the desert arc.
Not just Flay, but the Archangel and its remaining oocupants.
excalibur2008

HellCat wrote:(and to be fair, AGE at least had Kio's enemies highlight he was short changing legitimate grievances)
Though on the Vega side their major grievances were committed by people who were long since dead when the war started.
BrentD15

monster wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:To be fair, I wouldn't rope Banagher into the same camp as Kio and Kira. :)
I wouldn't put Kira in the same camp as Kio.
Well, they're both pacifists done wrong because they flat out refuse to kill when it comes into conflict with their beliefs (I'm talking about SEED Destiny Kira and AGE FX Kio).
The difference between those two is that FX Kio is being encouraged to not leave the enemies alive to come back and put his friends at risk, and Destiny Kira is being encouraged to not kill the enemy.

Back on topic, it's nice to see Raraiya with her memories recovered. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

Alright. Anyone want to repiece just what's going on in Towasanga so far?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
monster

BrentD15 wrote:Well, they're both pacifists done wrong because they flat out refuse to kill when it comes into conflict with their beliefs
Actually, all pacifists reject either violence entirely or reject aggresion because it comes into conflict with their beliefs (whatever that may be). And Kio aside, Kira (both in SEED and in SEED Destiny) is still willing to kill from time to time. So Kira is not a pacifist at all.
it's nice to see Raraiya with her memories recovered.
I'm still working my way to catch up to this series, but does it feel jarring?
gunform1010

monster wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Well, they're both pacifists done wrong because they flat out refuse to kill when it comes into conflict with their beliefs
Actually, all pacifists reject either violence entirely or reject aggresion because it comes into conflict with their beliefs (whatever that may be). And Kio aside, Kira (both in SEED and in SEED Destiny) is still willing to kill from time to time. So Kira is not a pacifist at all.
it's nice to see Raraiya with her memories recovered.
I'm still working my way to catch up to this series, but does it feel jarring?
Somewhat.

monster

gunform1010 wrote:Somewhat.
Hmm, ok, I'll take that positively.
Mythgarr

gunform1010 wrote:Alright. Anyone want to repiece just what's going on in Towasanga so far?
They just got in Towasanga, especially a tower-shaped colony, and inside the Salamandra team got caught by cool looking mechs but the Megafauna team met Raraiya's team.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Alright. Anyone want to repiece just what's going on in Towasanga so far?
They just got in Towasanga, especially a tower-shaped colony, and inside the Salamandra team got caught by cool looking mechs but the Megafauna team met Raraiya's team.
...I should have clarified I meant the political situation...

zetatype

gunform1010 wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:
...I should have clarified I meant the political situation...
Well I believe there is an internal struggle between the Dorette family and the Rayhunton family. I don't recall if its been outright stated yet but if I had to guess it seems the Dorette faction wants maintain control over the photon battery tech and distribution while the Rayhunton faction wants to loosen its monopoly over photon batteries . I don't believe there is much else at the moment.

I actually hope that the series eventually explains how photon batteries came into existence considering they seem to be the primary source of conflict at the moment.
gunform1010

zetatype wrote: Well I believe there is an internal struggle between the Dorette family and the Rayhunton family. I don't recall if its been outright stated yet but if I had to guess it seems the Dorette faction wants maintain control over the photon battery tech and distribution while the Rayhunton faction wants to loosen its monopoly over photon batteries . I don't believe there is much else at the moment.

I actually hope that the series eventually explains how photon batteries came into existence considering they seem to be the primary source of conflict at the moment.
Is the "Resistance" consisted of Rayhunton sympathizers? Is Raraiya some sort of double agent for the Rayhuntons? B/c clearly Rockpie knew her. What was Raraiya's objective originally before suffering the loopty loops?

Mythgarr

Rayhuntons probably developed the G types mobile suits, but lose out to Dorette factions due to other factions want to maintain control over Photon Batteries. Rockpie and Raraiya may met during testing phases of the factions mobile suits.
Visit The Dreams
latenlazy

Bellri's losing it, but I'm very glad they didn't just paper over how much of a shock and disturbance the truth must've been, or how it takes time to sink in.
Deathzealot

Hmm.... well it looks like we got the first "Gundam" said in the entire series. Also what in the world is going on with Bellri, and I am really getting confused on what in the world is going on here. We have the Capital Army, the Pirate Corp, Ameria Army, and the Townsanga folks all getting buddy buddy but still fighting one another. I am really getting confused here. Who are the bad guys here??

That said I am liking that the question of the relationship between Bellri and Aida has been solved in this episode which has been hinted at for the last few episodes. Also I am liking that the story is getting a move on.
latenlazy

Deathzealot wrote:Hmm.... well it looks like we got the first "Gundam" said in the entire series. Also what in the world is going on with Bellri, and I am really getting confused on what in the world is going on here. We have the Capital Army, the Pirate Corp, Ameria Army, and the Townsanga folks all getting buddy buddy but still fighting one another. I am really getting confused here. Who are the bad guys here??

That said I am liking that the question of the relationship between Bellri and Aida has been solved in this episode which has been hinted at for the last few episodes. Also I am liking that the story is getting a move on.
Bellri's just as confused as the rest of us! Sort of. I think I have a decent handle. It seems to me that three factions are all using each other to invade Earth, and each one wants to be the ruler after they've all employed each other's help (it's a viper pit). The only guys who don't want this are the Capital Guard and the Resistance. Meanwhile, Bellri's trying to get a grasp of not only the absurdity of the politics, but his own identity as well. Is he an earthnoid or a spacenoid? Who should he identify with? Which side should he fight with? What is he fighting for? And also, what does he do about this hot girl that he now has to call sister?!

EDIT: Btw anyone caught the irony of Aida introducing herself as Aida Rayhunton in Ep 1 to protect her identity, and it turns out to be her actual name?