The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

Evex wrote:It most likely won't be long before the capitol army has there own G-[insert name here] most likely piloted by Mask.
Spoiler
Will it be named the "G-Mask"? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

BrentD15 wrote:
Evex wrote:It most likely won't be long before the capitol army has there own G-[insert name here] most likely piloted by Mask.
Spoiler
Will it be named the "G-Mask"? :mrgreen:
Out. Just. Get out.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Kei Katsuragi

Tomino doesn't really do the whole Gundam vs. Gundam thing. If the Capitol Army does get a G-Selflike (a mobile suit from the Rose of Hermes), then I'm sure it wouldn't look like a Gundam. I think there's going to be more for Luin than being a typical mask asshole.

Also, I want to add, religion was really never a concept explored at all in UC. Anyone else think they were involved in, or a product of the
Spoiler
systematic cannibalism and rigid state control at the end of Universal Century?
latenlazy

Kei Katsuragi wrote:
Tomino doesn't really do the whole Gundam vs. Gundam thing. If the Capitol Army does get a G-Selflike (a mobile suit from the Rose of Hermes), then I'm sure it wouldn't look like a Gundam. I think there's going to be more for Luin than being a typical mask ZOINKS.

Also, I want to add, religion was really never a concept explored at all in UC. Anyone else think they were involved in, or a product of the
Spoiler
systematic cannibalism and rigid state control at the end of Universal Century?
Yes.
Calubin_175

Hathaway's Flash was actually the first to have Gundam vs Gundam, which even predated Stardust Memory.
Amion

Calubin_175 wrote:Hathaway's Flash was actually the first to have Gundam vs Gundam, which even predated Stardust Memory.
The Psycho Gundams would like to have a word with you.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

I suppose there was Mark II vs Mark II before that.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
BrentD15

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I suppose there was Mark II vs Mark II before that.
And then Blue Destiny Units 2 and 3.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I suppose there was Mark II vs Mark II before that.
Yeah, you're right. LOL

Deus257

Wait:
Spoiler
What's this talk of cannibalism, I've tried reading through the forum but I'm still confused, from what I got some group of people were set aside as emergency food? Can anyone elaborate? Thanks.
Midi_Amp

So... I just blasted through 7 episode of this show and I love it. Sure the show started out rather weak and I was a bit cautious with the announcement that the show would be "kid friendly", but the 7th episode hooked me to the series. This is not a show for kids, seriously, if my kids watches this show, they will start to ask about all the deaths and why... Holy mother... If Japanese kids takes deaths so easily, I say kudos, but maybe not for my kids. The G Self googly eyed design is definitely aimed for the kids, but the body counts says otherwise, it's a killer teddy bear (like Ted).

I like how the show really harkens to the Tomino shows with lots and lots of explanations, which some might not find it enticing. All in all, the G and Build Fighters complement each other well. Plenty of spirited young people screaming their aspirations on a flashy mechas with optional deaths.
Kratos

Deus257 wrote:Wait:
Spoiler
What's this talk of cannibalism, I've tried reading through the forum but I'm still confused, from what I got some group of people were set aside as emergency food? Can anyone elaborate? Thanks.
It's all from an earlier interview that Tomino gave. It hasn't been revealed in-series yet.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
darkhunger

Midi_Amp wrote:So... I just blasted through 7 episode of this show and I love it. Sure the show started out rather weak and I was a bit cautious with the announcement that the show would be "kid friendly", but the 7th episode hooked me to the series. This is not a show for kids, seriously, if my kids watches this show, they will start to ask about all the deaths and why... Holy mother... If Japanese kids takes deaths so easily, I say kudos, but maybe not for my kids. The G Self googly eyed design is definitely aimed for the kids, but the body counts says otherwise, it's a killer teddy bear (like Ted).

I like how the show really harkens to the Tomino shows with lots and lots of explanations, which some might not find it enticing. All in all, the G and Build Fighters complement each other well. Plenty of spirited young people screaming their aspirations on a flashy mechas with optional deaths.
According to the TV ratings, there are no kids nor teens watching this show... So there :wink:
BrentD15

darkhunger wrote:
Midi_Amp wrote:So... I just blasted through 7 episode of this show and I love it. Sure the show started out rather weak and I was a bit cautious with the announcement that the show would be "kid friendly", but the 7th episode hooked me to the series. This is not a show for kids, seriously, if my kids watches this show, they will start to ask about all the deaths and why... Holy mother... If Japanese kids takes deaths so easily, I say kudos, but maybe not for my kids. The G Self googly eyed design is definitely aimed for the kids, but the body counts says otherwise, it's a killer teddy bear (like Ted).

According to the TV ratings, there are no kids nor teens watching this show... So there :wink:
So, Gundam's only audience is a group of aging adults? :(
monster

BrentD15 wrote:So, Gundam's only audience is a group of aging adults? :(
There's always Build Fighters Try. Every show can appeal to a different age group.
YokozunaBulldozer

Speaking of G-Reco Tomino celebrates his 73rd birthday on November 5th.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
latenlazy

Wait till he makes it to 79.
gunform1010

*patiently awaiting for the 2nd Ideon*

Destiny_Gundam

Another pretty good battle this episode. And they finally said what a Kuntala is. It only took 5 seconds to do it. Could have done that earlier.

Also decapitated hippos are hilarious, apparently.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Through the start of the series I had an ominous feeling that something awful was going to happen to Bellri's mother but...
Spoiler
looks like she's about had enough with the Capital Army and its belligerent escalation, and chose to defect to be with her son. I can see where Bellri gets his precociousness and quirky personality from.

Also, confirmation that people use SU-Cord as a prayer/cuss, like Jesus or God. I'm still reasonably certain that the SU-Cords are actually whoever lives in Tosugawa. Raraiya might be one.

Anyone think Raraiya and Klim Nick will be a thing?