The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

@BrentD15

Oh it is a Gundam Show alright. But it wasn't really a true Gundam show till now and all that entails. If that makes any sense at all.
BrentD15

Deathzealot wrote:@BrentD15

Oh it is a Gundam Show alright. But it wasn't really a true Gundam show till now and all that entails. If that makes any sense at all.
Don't worry, it doesn't. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

Deathzealot wrote:@BrentD15

I get what you're saying after watching it.
Spoiler
We got unfriendly military/Newtype institution types running around threatening people with betrayal/political intrigue and whatnot flying everywhere around us.

I have to love those ridiculous people and their Gundams. I compared Reconguista to OP before, but now I mean it literally. Tomino's pulling out all the wackiness he can get away with it looks like. Sort of a double edged sword, I'm guessing. Still, great episode overall. And we now understand the mystery of the Reguild Century and how everything before now was set up. Guess its all up to the final six episodes to give us a full-scale war with three or four sides. :) We may yet see the return of Kill 'em All Tomino yet. :twisted:

Who will survive?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
latenlazy

I just had a thought. What if the entire point of G-Reco was to spend most of the series world building and setting up for an OVA like narrative? I'm suddenly expecting a major sh...stuffstorm to hit the fans near the end. I could be disappointed, but we may be getting a sprint to the finish.
balofo

Ep 19 should be an example of how to do a mecha fight-less episode

really good

NEXT EPS SUMMARIES!
Spoiler
Episode 20: Space Inside a Frame
Escaping from the hijacked Crescent Ship, the Megafauna makes its way to see La Gu, the leader of Venus Globe. Taking back the G-Self, Bellri sorties to intercept the pursuing G-IT Group, wandering into a "space inside a frame."

Episode 21: The Weight of the Sea
Captain Kia Mbeki of the G-IT Group attempts to incinerate the G-Self with the huge mobile armor, "Kongyu de Venus." However, in order to settle a crisis that arose within the manmade "Ocean Ring," a desperate plan is put into motion.

22: Reunions at Earth Sphere
Chasing after the G-IT Group that fled toward Earth aboard the "Full Moon Ship," the Megafauna returns to the Earth Sphere only to be greeted by a 3-way battle between the Capital Army, Ameria, and the Dorette Fleet. Awaiting in that battlefield are many reunions...

23: The Sound of a Newtype
Captain Mask attempts to make contact with the Full Moon Ship, while the Becker Squad arrive as reinforcements. Ameria and the Dorette army are locked in a fleet battle. Bellri, caught up in the battle, is confronted by Rockpie in the Gaitrash, but...
Mattro

>Bellri, caught up in the battle, is confronted by Rockpie in the Gaitrash, but...
sounds exciting.

I'm loving Greco, every episode is a fun watch. Those episode summaries sound great, looks like we're getting into some crazy stuff soon. My only fear is pacing, still lots of time but still lots left to do.
Outlaw

Generally I'm not fond of hijack/capture episodes but the arrival of the G-IT crew had real impact to it.
As an aside I finally have to confess that until it debuted I thought that Gaitrash was a nickname everyone came up with because they disliked the mobile suit's design.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
anonena

Outlaw wrote:Generally I'm not fond of hijack/capture episodes but the arrival of the G-IT crew had real impact to it.
As an aside I finally have to confess that until it debuted I thought that Gaitrash was a nickname everyone came up with because they disliked the mobile suit's design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gytrash

spending 19 episodes on setting, characters, suspense.

turn out to be the greatest pay off.

/salute Tomino
latenlazy

A lot of us are going to look back at this thread when the series finishes and think "Called it!".
GX9900-Gundam-X

I was really surprised to see the incomplete Gaeon with the G-IT group so far venus globe is proving to be intense ass far as mini-arc's go and I must say I am quite curious as to what the G-IT group is fully after this is getting crazy fast!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Mythgarr

Okay Tomino, Venus Globe is really NOT WHAT I HAVE IMAGINED AT ALL!

A proto "Dyson Sphere" shaped as two rings crossed each others and its inside space will be filled with "batteries". Are you setting up Venus Globe as a generation ship, with G-Self as its main engine, Tomino-Dono ;)?
Visit The Dreams
latenlazy

That G-Aeon is AWESOME. Its pilot...not so much.
Deathzealot

Okay here is a question. Why did Bellri take the Arcane, and Aida take a Grimoire when they where going to switch back anyways. It was kind of weird.
latenlazy

Deathzealot wrote:Okay here is a question. Why did Bellri take the Arcane, and Aida take a Grimoire when they where going to switch back anyways. It was kind of weird.
Because they were trying to steal the G-Self back from the G-IT Labs?
Calubin_175

The Gaeon is one of the few Gundam proportioned rival MS in recent years to not be piloted by a bishounen or shounen. I am not sure whether it will get hijacked by Mask.
Wellman

Like this episode but I am still confused what sort of lazy hijackers don't secure the Megafauna crew or leave it that operational that it could just take off from the Crescent Ship?

Deathzealot wrote:Okay here is a question. Why did Bellri take the Arcane, and Aida take a Grimoire when they where going to switch back anyways. It was kind of weird.
I'm guessing they were trying to keep Aida safe and in her natural role close to the ship defending rather then out in potential combat. Not sure why given the number of available pilots now they keep humoring her but at least she got to shoot at a bad guy this time.
latenlazy

Forgot to add that the Arcane is more capable than the Grimoire. Bellri piloting the Arcane ncreases their chances of success.
gunform1010

Nice to see the "bubble gum" sealant again.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Calubin_175

I forgot when was the last time we saw pink bubblegum sealant.
Wingnut

We've seen plenty of hole sealant over the years, but I think the pink bubblegum version was only in the original series.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.