The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

Bellri fights to disable, not kill. Sooo that means we have to hate him like Kira and Kio, right?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Bellri fights to disable, not kill. Sooo that means we have to hate him like Kira and Kio, right?
You recall Banana fights like this too right?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Amion

Wait, didn't he kill people in this last episode though? Do those poor people in the second yellow mobile armor squad not count? What about the mobile suit he butchered with his beam saber?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Wingzero00 wrote:Are you sure they're not descendants from moon-moon? LOL
Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

Anyway so I guess Raraiya is now going to use the red Moran to be honest I am excited to see her piloting more often I am sure she will be a great addition to the team and the Moran looks nice in red!

Thus far things are looking interesting I am genuinely excited to see where things are going but I am also a bit curious how things are looking for Mask and what new things were gonna learn now that the Megafauna crew has reached Towasanga ..........................Mostly I am looking forward to seeing the new mobile suits
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Bellri fights to disable, not kill. Sooo that means we have to hate him like Kira and Kio, right?
Personally my issue with Kira was how overpowered Mary-sue-ish he got and how he never had any difficulty, with Kio it was too easy as well and he wouldn't stop whining even after people flat out told them they did not want to understand, no I feel Belleri is more like Banager or Loran willing to fight but tries to avoid killing and you know what he actually has to put some effort into it like those two so Bell is fine but his whole "Don't you die!" shtick kinda feels like he is just trying to convince himself that he does not kill people it feels weird but hey its better than "WE CAN UNDERSTAND"
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Destiny_Gundam

gunform1010 wrote:You recall Banana fights like this too right?
Right.

Wait, are you implying people don't hate Banagher? :lol:

Anyways, I kinda agree with Gundam X. It does reflect poorly on Bellri that he's trying to claim that he's not killing people. It's their fault for not dodging!
latenlazy

No...because the plot doesn't make it magically easy for him (look how hard he has to work for it), he ends up killing some people anyways (when he fires that last shot hoping he missed people and didn't), and he fully recognizes that he won't be able to avoid casualties if things escalate.

Destiny_Gundam wrote: Anyways, I kinda agree with Gundam X. It does reflect poorly on Bellri that he's trying to claim that he's not killing people. It's their fault for not dodging!
Bellri wasn't claiming he doesn't kill people in that last episode. He was begging people to back away because he doesn't want to kill them.

There's a reason why Kira's pacifism was annoying. It's not that pacifism itself is annoying, but rather how effortlessly the plot of Seed and Seed Destiny made achieving pacifism appear (This is why I didn't find Banagher annoying either).
monster

Being able to shoot non-lethal shots is not about achieving pacifism. It's fine if people find the battle choreography to be uninteresting, but don't blame it on some philosophy that doesn't even apply in the context of the story.
Destiny_Gundam

latenlazy wrote:Bellri wasn't claiming he doesn't kill people in that last episode. He was begging people to back away because he doesn't want to kill them.
He's still deflecting responsibility from himself onto his 'victims.' It's an understandable defense mechanism but it's still not exactly admirable.
latenlazy

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Bellri wasn't claiming he doesn't kill people in that last episode. He was begging people to back away because he doesn't want to kill them.
He's still deflecting responsibility from himself onto his 'victims.' It's an understandable defense mechanism but it's still not exactly admirable.
Which is fine. At least he isn't being painted with a Halo.
gunform1010

latenlazy wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Which is fine. At least he isn't being painted with a Halo.
Suits me fine too.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
monster

latenlazy wrote:Which is fine. At least he isn't being painted with a Halo.
Not surprising, considering no character ever was in this franchise.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Belleri is an oddball thats for certain and I feel his being a "grade skipper" may have to do with his disire to and seeming need to say dont get shot type phrases he is young and was likely not ready for the reality of live combat to the death mixed with his already eccentric personality and it may partly be his age shining through.

Also regarding Kira's pacifism monster my issue is how careless and unrealistic it gets like how he intervenes in fights and wrecks all sides thinking that it will fix everything or stop everyone simply by thwacking them with a bigger stick and yelling stop it all he does is cause Chaos and more issues leading to things like Heine's death and he never considers he may be wrong about it
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
monster

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Also regarding Kira's pacifism monster my issue is how careless and unrealistic it gets like how he intervenes in fights and wrecks all sides thinking that it will fix everything or stop everyone simply by thwacking them with a bigger stick and yelling stop it all he does is cause Chaos and more issues leading to things like Heine's death and he never considers he may be wrong about it
I don't see how it's unrealistic. The point of a fight is to overpower your opponent in order to incapacitate him/her from doing something you don't want them to do. Every faction engaged in a battle is doing that, regardless of their intention. And the show also does point out that it doesn't work all the time, but that doesn't mean it's any more wrong than any of the other party engaged in a battle.

Also, Kira himself rarely yells stop. I think only twice in SEED and once in SEED Destiny, and of course all three times failing to stop anything, which is why Kira is by no means a pacifist.

In fact, any Gundam character who fights, including Bellri, is not a pacifist either. At least, not in the absolute sense or even the non-violence sense. And since Kira interferes in battles, he is also not a pacifist in the non-aggression sense.
latenlazy

monster wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Which is fine. At least he isn't being painted with a Halo.
Not surprising, considering no character ever was in this franchise.
Can't agree with that.
monster

latenlazy wrote:Can't agree with that.
Well, I'm excluding minor characters and characters from SD Gundam Force, Gunpla Builders, and Build Fighters.
latenlazy

monster wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Can't agree with that.
Well, I'm excluding minor characters and characters from SD Gundam Force, Gunpla Builders, and Build Fighters.
Still can't agree with that :P.
monster

latenlazy wrote:Still can't agree with that :P.
Hmm, ok then. 8)
BrentD15

Okay, this might be starting to get off-topic.
We already have a SEED Destiny thread for you guys to take the piss out on it. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
HellCat

Bellri's attitude doesn't strike me as much different from Amuro's 'I'm not killing people, I'm just shooting at machines...' early logic. The idea Bellri wants to fight against something but has to constantly steady himself over having to take lives to achieve it/protect others to me is different than shouting 'We should understand each other!' like Kio and Banagher (and to be fair, AGE at least had Kio's enemies highlight he was short changing legitimate grievances) or how Kira suddenly acted holier than thou.

Reco's writing has flaws but I'll take Bellri like this over being a mouthy ball of angst.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
BrentD15

HellCat wrote:Bellri's attitude doesn't strike me as much different from Amuro's 'I'm not killing people, I'm just shooting at machines...' early logic. The idea Bellri wants to fight against something but has to constantly steady himself over having to take lives to achieve it/protect others to me is different than shouting 'We should understand each other!' like Kio and Banagher (and to be fair, AGE at least had Kio's enemies highlight he was short changing legitimate grievances) or how Kira suddenly acted holier than thou.

Reco's writing has flaws but I'll take Bellri like this over being a mouthy ball of angst.
To be fair, I wouldn't rope Banagher into the same camp as Kio and Kira. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25