The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

I know it's too much to ask, but couldn't the Armorzagan have a reflector system like the G-Self? I want the spiritual successor to the Big Zam. After all, it didn't get massed produced... despite the obvious connotations that would imply...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mythgarr

Armorzagan has distinctive advantage of able to fly and transformable, and I think can be docked/support Mobile Suit on its legs when in MA mode.
Visit The Dreams
Arbiter GUNDAM

http://new.livestream.com/ShinStation/SixShotGundam

SoulBro's doing his stream of G-Reco and Try episodes at 11PM EST
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

Looks like Ameria pulled a Bismark on the Capital Tower. :D (Or something close to it.)

This episode basically was the lucky number for me. I know most people probably won't like the goofy antic throughout the beginning, however despite that it puts to rest some questions.
Spoiler
The geopolitics were getting more apparent before, but things are much clearer now. Basically, there's a conference that discusses technological policy, with the Capital Tower as the intermediary between Su-Cord, Ameria, Gondwon and probably at least one or two more major countries. Wars don't overstep the boundery, but UC era tech does. If a country violates those terms the Su-Cordists (who are apparently observing from space) immediately takes action. Ameria did this with the Klim Space and were pressured to comply, probably with battery restriction. Great that we've gotten the example of how the battery blackmailing works.

We already knew most of this, but now we've got a more crystal clear understanding of the Su-Cordists and how they go about it. This is what I'm taking from ep 7: They're the ones who survived the monstrous era that spawned tragic men and women like Mask and the other Kuntala, with technology intact. Possibly were the ones who ate human beings to do so. May explain why it's called the "Capital Hunt". The Su-Cordists' might literally have used the tower to descend on the helpless Kuntala for sport hunting. Might even have gotten so bad as to warrant a sort-of tribal worship from the survivors, i.e, they started worshiping the tower and those that descended from it for their power and authority. They are in the wilds of South America after all...

To ensure the countries didn't just start up the wars again, the Su-Cordists began using their position as suppliers to mete out regulations on technology, using photon batteries as leverage. This may have been true before, but now we're seeing Tosugawa has been up to something, fortifying/building up the Moon. They restricted space observation, or at least direct forms of it aimed at the Lunar region, so I'm going to bet at least some of the Su-Cordists planned to bring things to the invasion stage some day.

Only question is why they're acting now to invade, since they could probably have done it any time sooner with less resistance. Maybe population issues? Perhaps Su-Cord gets something in return for the Photon batteries? Either way the threat is growing when it hasn't in the past. My guess is that part of the reason is someone has decided that the Earth nations are starting to get emboldened and ignore the age-old religious stipulations to keep a threshold on their weaponry. They're preparing to literally put the wrath of the gods from the top of the tower back into them.
Anyone else have any thoughts? Does this sound reasonable or am I missing some pieces to the
puzzle?

(Finishes editing. Wipes brow)
Deus257

Hm,
Spoiler
These Su-Cordists don't sound very human anymore, I mean coming down and hunting people for food.
Anyone Else think Su_Cord might either be:

A.) The last remnant of the old Federation which had a stronghold on the moon during victory.

or

B.) Newtypes.
Amion

Deus257 wrote:Hm,
Spoiler
These Su-Cordists don't sound very human anymore, I mean coming down and hunting people for food.
Anyone Else think Su_Cord might either be:

A.) The last remnant of the old Federation which had a stronghold on the moon during victory.

or

B.) Newtypes.
With all the Minovsky Craft/Newtype shenanigans, I'd believe it if the Su-Cordists were primarily Newtypes, if not that eating people would be very, very counter to Newtype behavior. I don't think we've gotten a non-Cyber Newtype who legitimately got a kick out of the emotional waves they created when hurting and killing people. One would imagine hunting other humans to be the LAST thing for one to do. Then again, most humans aren't cannibals. Still, desperate times call for desperate measures, and humanity has cannibalized in the past. The Su-Cordists sound human on that note, just the ones who got the better end of the deal.

And I think a pre-show interview or info told us that the lunar peoples are descended from the colonists, not the EF, assuming it even lasted beyond V.
HellCat

http://i.imgur.com/nXtrvsl.gif

Regarding Manny-
Spoiler
was her saying she was a Kuntala a lie to make 'Mask' feel better on a true admission?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

HellCat wrote:http://i.imgur.com/nXtrvsl.gif

Regarding Manny-
Spoiler
was her saying she was a Kuntala a lie to make 'Mask' feel better on a true admission?
Don't know. I'd like to believe so. And Mask suddenly went from wild, crazy motiveless Char Clone to a true blue (no pun intended) soul trying to carve his place in the world. The mask must just be to hide his identity as Luin, since he's a confirmed and well-enough known Kuntala. That scene with him staring out at the ocean in his defeat was very poignant.

I have a question. Exactly how do some people know if another is a Kuntala? Is it just me, or is it the eyes? It seems the Kuntala we've seen so far have something in common. Noredo and Luin have a similar kind of eye art to them, in my opinion. Are we take this as a literal racial feature? If so it would explain Luin's Mask fetish. Aside from it being my long-awaited combat support device, of course.
Deus257

Amion wrote:
I have a question. Exactly how do some people know if another is a Kuntala? Is it just me, or is it the eyes? It seems the Kuntala we've seen so far have something in common. Noredo and Luin have a similar kind of eye art to them, in my opinion. Are we take this as a literal racial feature? If so it would explain Luin's Mask fetish. Aside from it being my long-awaited combat support device, of course.
Maybe its some sort of Genetic instinct/psychic thing, kind of like how newtypes identify other newtypes. For all we know Kuntalan's could be genetically engineered humans so that the side effects of cannibalism aren't present like getting Kuru disease.
excalibur2008

Amion wrote: With all the Minovsky Craft/Newtype shenanigans, I'd believe it if the Su-Cordists were primarily Newtypes, if not that eating people would be very, very counter to Newtype behavior. I don't think we've gotten a non-Cyber Newtype who legitimately got a kick out of the emotional waves they created when hurting and killing people. One would imagine hunting other humans to be the LAST thing for one to do. Then again, most humans aren't cannibals. Still, desperate times call for desperate measures, and humanity has cannibalized in the past. The Su-Cordists sound human on that note, just the ones who got the better end of the deal.
Plus centuries hearing about how you're the future of humanity and non newtypes are unevolved throw backs who are typically blamed for all the major conflicts (even when its a newtype starting shit) can tend to bring out the worst in people.

Just look at Magneto for a decent chunk of his history.
Mythgarr

Are they really put aside as food? What about if they were put aside as pure genetic source? I meant, people living in colonies and moon could face genetic deteriorations, and putting aside a human population as source of pure genetic source could ensure human future...a kind of reverse genetic engineering, if you will...
Visit The Dreams
latenlazy

It's been mentioned once pre series and once in series that that's what Kuntala were for. Food.
Destiny_Gundam

You know, setting aside people for food seems a bit counter productive. I mean, if there's a food shortage you'll need to feed the people who will be food so wouldn't it be better to keep that food instead?

No wonder the CONSENT government eventually fell. Guess the whole underwater farming thing didn't work out either.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Destiny_Gundam wrote:You know, setting aside people for food seems a bit counter productive. I mean, if there's a food shortage you'll need to feed the people who will be food so wouldn't it be better to keep that food instead?

No wonder the CONSENT government eventually fell. Guess the whole underwater farming thing didn't work out either.
But you can feed them the most unideal food items (like weeds and the scraps of the people who were eaten by other people...). If you follow the trophic diagram for this it's highly inefficient, but then it probably speaks to the utter desperation humanity was facing and the scarcity of other resources. This kind of strategy could only have slowed extinction and bought time, but it seemed to have worked in the long run.
Destiny_Gundam

I still wonder how you're supposed to identify a Kuntala. Of the characters who are said to be one, there's no common trait, physical or otherwise, between them. Unless you trace their family tree back hundreds of years there's no way to know.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Zeonista

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I still wonder how you're supposed to identify a Kuntala. Of the characters who are said to be one, there's no common trait, physical or otherwise, between them. Unless you trace their family tree back hundreds of years there's no way to know.
It's sort of like the way Japanese today treat the burakumin social group. Officially and legally there is no prejudice, but everybody seems to know who they are anyway...
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
gunform1010

latenlazy wrote:It's been mentioned once pre series and once in series that that's what Kuntala were for. Food.
Yep. Specifically the beginning of Episode 7, when Luin rallies his team pre-sortie.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
HellCat

I just keep wondering what Banagher would have said.

"In the end humanity and the universe itself will die"
"Even so, I feel-"
"And before that they resort to mass cannibalism"
"...Even so-"
"Seriously, just think how many of your descendants go on to become dinner. Same for the grandkids of people you're killing to save right now"
"......But even so-"
"Look, you can see it out there in the time vortex right now. The potential of humans to make a filling dinner"
"FINE! You win! For the love of....I've spent the last several weeks fighting for this ideal and then humanity goes and screws the pooch"
"Heh, funny you should say that..."
"....AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
latenlazy

To Banagher's credit, at the very least Humanity seemed to pull through in the end...
excalibur2008

HellCat wrote:I just keep wondering what Banagher would have said.

"In the end humanity and the universe itself will die"
"Even so, I feel-"
"And before that they resort to mass cannibalism"
"...Even so-"
"Seriously, just think how many of your descendants go on to become dinner. Same for the grandkids of people you're killing to save right now"
"......But even so-"
"Look, you can see it out there in the time vortex right now. The potential of humans to make a filling dinner"
"FINE! You win! For the love of....I've spent the last several weeks fighting for this ideal and then humanity goes and screws the pooch"
"Heh, funny you should say that..."
"....AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
And that after a whole bunch of wars that screw the planet up enough for it to be a viable option.
latenlazy wrote:To Banagher's credit, at the very least Humanity seemed to pull through in the end...
Yeah, thousands of years and god knows how many apocalypses later.