The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

latenlazy wrote:Through the start of the series I had an ominous feeling that something awful was going to happen to Bellri's mother but...
Spoiler
looks like she's about had enough with the Capital Army and its belligerent escalation, and chose to defect to be with her son. I can see where Bellri gets his precociousness and quirky personality from.

Also, confirmation that people use SU-Cord as a prayer/cuss, like Jesus or God. I'm still reasonably certain that the SU-Cords are actually whoever lives in Tosugawa. Raraiya might be one.

Anyone think Raraiya and Klim Nick will be a thing?
They're already a thing, Lazy. :) A strange pairing. Though I'm starting to think Raraiya won't become lucid for quite some time. Of course, it could happen any moment now.

Spoiler
We may now start casting bets on Bellri's mom and her life expectancy. Being a Tomino show, I can't help but feel something dreadful is in store for her.

Speaking of laughing hippos, I feel that she was laughing more at all the tabooish things happening in the First Nut and how she's obviously lost almost all her real authority, sort of a momentary breakdown if you will. That, or decapitated hippos really are just that funny to her.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Deathzealot

Yeah I was kind of confused with that scene, for it really didn't need to be in there honestly.

Also speaking of the Nut Stations its interesting that it appears to be a full-on orbital space colony as well as a "stop" for the Crowns on the Elevator. Wonder if this is only for this particular Station or all of the Nut Stations are like that.
Raikoh

Damn, I think I forgot to blink in that fight scene.

I'm starting to wonder how the Klim/Raraiya thing is going to develop. Does Klim genuinely like her, or is he just using her? He certainly strikes me as the type to be able to put on an award-winning smile and speak calmly and politely even when he's being selfish and condescending.

Also, I like how Luin is developing. He seems like another fresh concept of the Char, since Tomino knows that he needs a masked dude but doesn't like rehashing the same archetypes for his masked dudes. He's calm until he gets into battle where he becomes hot-blooded like Harry, but his motivation is not out of loyalty but instead his desire to have a Kuntala Civil Rights movement.

Why do they have a glider that does nothing but descend? Is it because they don't fully understand the technology or they didn't fix it up enough or what?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
kayone73

So is it generally agreed that Raraiya acts mentally delayed (the PC way of saying retarded) because she's mysterious or because she suffered hypoxic brain injury from ep 1,or a combination of both?
kayone73

darkhunger wrote: According to the TV ratings, there are no kids nor teens watching this show... So there :wink:
I can see this show pulling similar ratings numbers to Turn A, another series that went against the mainstream grain. I give Tomino & Co a lot of props for making a throwback style show and not something that is mainstream marketable in the style of Build Fighters (which is perfectly fine for Build Fighters, not saying that's wrong for every show) and I hope the show doesn't get punished with an early cancellation before it has the chance to properly tell the story that's planned.
monster

kayone73 wrote:I hope the show doesn't get punished with an early cancellation before it has the chance to properly tell the story that's planned.
I doubt that will happen. It only has 25/26 episodes, after all. Even those series that got cancelled got more than that, and even AGE had its full run.

Beside, aside from TV ratings (which is not unexpected given its timeslot) it's supposedly successful anyway in other factors.
Evex

Raikoh wrote:
Why do they have a glider that does nothing but descend? Is it because they don't fully understand the technology or they didn't fix it up enough or what?
The gliders are most likely meant to be used as an emergency evacuation tool. In the event that something happens to the nut, they can be used to evacuate people back to earth. In this case the glider doesn't need to be capable of independent space flight, just atmospheric re-entry and arriving at the destination.
Destiny_Gundam

Raikoh wrote:I'm starting to wonder how the Klim/Raraiya thing is going to develop. Does Klim genuinely like her, or is he just using her? He certainly strikes me as the type to be able to put on an award-winning smile and speak calmly and politely even when he's being selfish and condescending.
I might have been okay with the idea at first, but honestly in this episode he just came off as creepy and manipulative.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
balofo

Klim's real name is Klimton Nikkini
Dark Duel

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Raikoh wrote:He certainly strikes me as the type to be able to put on an award-winning smile and speak calmly and politely even when he's being selfish and condescending.
I might have been okay with the idea at first, but honestly in this episode he just came off as creepy and manipulative.
I'm going to have to go with "creepy and manipulative" as well. His whole thing with using the fish to try to more easily coax Raraiya into doing what she told him and the eyes thing to me had uncomfortable echoes of "the scary things" in GSD.
Deathzealot wrote:Yeah I was kind of confused with that scene, for it really didn't need to be in there honestly.
Honestly, so was I. That scene was just plain random and weird, and didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason for its presence.
Her whole thing as she was jacking that glider though was hilariously overacted, though apparently convincing. Very, very curious to saw where the show's gonna go with that next.

On another note, nice to see another ship besides the Megafauna, though to me the Capital Army ship - the name of which eludes me at the moment - looked to be substantially larger.
It was also nice to see dummy balloons used again, and quite effectively as well - at least as far as it got.
Aida seemed surprised at the appearance of that bigass mobile armor, despite Creepy McBishie-pants knowing its name.
I don't like him, so any time he gets his butt handed to him is fine by me. Shame it means the Montero taking damage though.

All in all, a solid episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
latenlazy

Raikoh wrote: I'm starting to wonder how the Klim/Raraiya thing is going to develop. Does Klim genuinely like her, or is he just using her? He certainly strikes me as the type to be able to put on an award-winning smile and speak calmly and politely even when he's being selfish and condescending.
Could be both. He seemed pretty concerned for her once the Elf Bullocks showed up.
Wellman

I personally like Klim, I sort of view that less as creepy... obviously manipulative (but I think the only two of the three people with more then two lines to not show that quality on the show are dead) but not so much as creepy as it was his way of giving instructions and seeing what she could do.
Amion

Wellman wrote:I personally like Klim, I sort of view that less as creepy... obviously manipulative (but I think the only two of the three people with more then two lines to not show that quality on the show are dead) but not so much as creepy as it was his way of giving instructions and seeing what she could do.
Only time will tell. He's certainly disarming with that smile of his. And interestingly enough he seems to know how to bring out coherent words from her.

Also, I was right after all! Raraiya can indeed pilot the G-Self. I'm starting to think the reason she's able to do it without an iris sign was revealed this past episode when she said: "It's mine". The machine's her own by rights and thus it doesn't need to add her on as a pilot like it did with Bell and Aida.

Oh, and that one image with the red-eyed bird and Raraiya was creepy. Hopefully coming episodes will sort all this out.
monster

Amion wrote:Also, I was right after all! Raraiya can indeed pilot the G-Self. I'm starting to think the reason she's able to do it without an iris sign was revealed this past episode when she said: "It's mine". The machine's her own by rights and thus it doesn't need to add her on as a pilot like it did with Bell and Aida.
Maybe her dad built it. She did call out Papa before.
HellCat

MS high fiving each other when confirmed as allies.

Just another use of the Hyper Omni-directional Mass Identifer Emission System. A key tool in Minovsky era combat.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

HellCat wrote:Hyper Omni-directional Mass Identifier Emission System
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That seriously made my day, right there. Funniest thing I've read all week.
But yeah, the mobile suit high-five was rather amusing.

It's funny, from the previews I didn't think I was going to like this series, but it's ended up being quite enjoyable. And there's certainly a lot of diversity in the mecha designs, which is refreshing as well.
But even more importantly, I'm liking the cast and the story.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

Dark Duel wrote:

It's funny, from the previews I didn't think I was going to like this series, but it's ended up being quite enjoyable. And there's certainly a lot of diversity in the mecha designs, which is refreshing as well.
The Bald Wizard strikes again.
latenlazy

Amion wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:

The Bald Wizard strikes again.
To all the Tomino loyalists/apologists out there who kept towing the party line, engage HOMIES.
Last edited by latenlazy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mythgarr

I stay for the Elf Bullocks and the Jahannams :D

Man, I keep on chuckling wherever I see that name on screen, wkwkwkwkwk.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

HellCat wrote:MS high fiving each other when confirmed as allies.

Just another use of the Hyper Omni-directional Mass Identifer Emission System. A key tool in Minovsky era combat.
This should become a major thing in Gundam. 8) No, not joking. That was cool.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works