The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
darkhunger

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

latenlazy wrote:
Spoiler
Not much more to say about this episode, except that Tosugawa is probably a space colony, and might be the real guys running the show and setting taboos and holding a monopoly on energy and technology. I thought that the SU-Cordists were the Capital tower guys, but in fact it sounds like they're the Spacenoids! In fact, Raraiya might be a SU-Cordist! What's even more fascinating is the implication that the SU-Cordists sound like they've attained some kind of deity status. I suspect it's due to the power they hold combined with how remote they seem to be.
I think you're misinterpreting the dialogue there. Bellri said SU-Cordists believe the top of the tower to be the sacred source of photon batteries, hence the SU-Cordists are people who think that way, ie, the Capital Tower people. The top of the tower is Towasanga which is where Raraiya and the G-Self might be from.
latenlazy

darkhunger wrote:
latenlazy wrote:
Spoiler
Not much more to say about this episode, except that Tosugawa is probably a space colony, and might be the real guys running the show and setting taboos and holding a monopoly on energy and technology. I thought that the SU-Cordists were the Capital tower guys, but in fact it sounds like they're the Spacenoids! In fact, Raraiya might be a SU-Cordist! What's even more fascinating is the implication that the SU-Cordists sound like they've attained some kind of deity status. I suspect it's due to the power they hold combined with how remote they seem to be.
I think you're misinterpreting the dialogue there. Bellri said SU-Cordists believe the top of the tower to be the sacred source of photon batteries, hence the SU-Cordists are people who think that way, ie, the Capital Tower people. The top of the tower is Towasanga which is where Raraiya and the G-Self might be from.
Ooops. This is what happens when I watch things late at night. Either way, Towasanga sounds like it has some kind of deity status...
Kratos

Regarding Towasanga...
Spoiler
It's been stated to be the colony at/on the moon.
Does the space elevator really stretch that far?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Mythgarr

385 000 km is really far...not to mention that the moon rotates
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Kratos wrote:Regarding Towasanga...
Spoiler
It's been stated to be the colony at/on the moon.
Does the space elevator really stretch that far?
Not likely. The moon doesn't exactly move in respect to Earth...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Destiny_Gundam

I had wondered if it would really be that hard for Ameria to make their own elevator. I mean, it's not even an actual elevator, just some wires attached to a space station. But it looks like, unlike 00, the photon batteries aren't a product of the elevator itself, but some other place.

When Aida described him I was expecting Klim to be a total sleezeball. While he does have a huge ego, I find him pretty entertaining. He's surprisingly tolerant about Raraiya too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I had wondered if it would really be that hard for Ameria to make their own elevator. I mean, it's not even an actual elevator, just some wires attached to a space station. But it looks like, unlike 00, the photon batteries aren't a product of the elevator itself, but some other place.

When Aida described him I was expecting Klim to be a total sleezeball. While he does have a huge ego, I find him pretty entertaining. He's surprisingly tolerant about Raraiya too.
I imagine a long held taboo that prevents countries from developing technologies takes its toll on how advanced a society is and what kinds of technology they have the know how for. It's briefly mentioned as much in either episode 4 or 5.

Furthermore, there could also be energy and resource constraints that might prevent them from executing on such know how.
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:When Aida described him I was expecting Klim to be a total sleezeball. While he does have a huge ego, I find him pretty entertaining. He's surprisingly tolerant about Raraiya too.
Every time I see him on screen, this is the first thing I think: "Shut up." Every single moment when he gets pwned is massively satisfying to see. Though I like him being tolerant about Raraiya, it's cute.

Ryujin

latenlazy wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:I had wondered if it would really be that hard for Ameria to make their own elevator. I mean, it's not even an actual elevator, just some wires attached to a space station. But it looks like, unlike 00, the photon batteries aren't a product of the elevator itself, but some other place.
I imagine a long held taboo that prevents countries from developing technologies takes its toll on how advanced a society is and what kinds of technology they have the know how for. It's briefly mentioned as much in either episode 4 or 5.

Furthermore, there could also be energy and resource constraints that might prevent them from executing on such know how.
There's also the possibility, since afaik we haven't seen a world map with political delineations yet, that Ameria simply doesn't have territory secure enough, suitable enough or close enough to the equator for a viable space elevator of similar construction.
Amion

Ryujin wrote:
latenlazy wrote:

There's also the possibility, since afaik we haven't seen a world map with political delineations yet, that Ameria simply doesn't have territory secure enough, suitable enough or close enough to the equator for a viable space elevator of similar construction.
Indeed. There's again the issue of photon batteries and how many would be needed for how long to build an elevator of their own. They might not have enough for the the population's quality of life to remain stable or existent at all during the construction, and thus never dared propose or effect such a project. Since Klim is the son of the President and not the "King/Dictator/Emperor" we can assume the system functions at least somewhat like America's does, i.e, an election is held at some point. If an elevator project was considered political taboo that could ruin reelection, I could see it being tossed out as an option. Especially if the people don't want it.

Plus the geopolitical situation. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the war has something to do with an orbital elevator construction issue, and one or both sides are trying to stop the other from building one or capturing Capital Tower-which is obviously FAR from defenseless as I personally first thought. The taboos might put pressure on the citizens too who have the religion. I certainly hope the people of Capital Tower aren't the only SU-Cordist adherents. It would be more believable to me if the whole world viewed the Tower as sacred ground. Isn't that part of the pre-airing info we got? That the world views Capital Tower as holy ground? Even Aida and Klim were careful to not harm it, after all.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Evex

Ryujin wrote:
Meh, if it turns out Rayaraiya's only suffering from hypoxia, than I'm going to be pretty annoyed. I guess I need to google it and see if such behavior is standard or recorded before.
I believe it is a severe case of hypoxia. From what I've seen and what has been explained through Fritz in the Show Agents of Shield. Hypoxia occurs from the lack of oxygen and kills off brain cells. While Fritz can form complete sentences he has issues remembering certain words at times, or has a hard time of getting what he is trying to say across.

In Rayaraiya's case her hypoxia seems to be far worse. We've yet seen her form a single coherent sentence, instead she repeats a single word over and over again. Its hard to tell how high up she jumped out. Though looking at that scene from episode one again. It's possible she also gave herself hypoxia as a means of keeping certain secrets. Watching the scene from episode one again this appears to be the case, since she ejects the flight pack the G-self is equipped with. Another possibility is the electric shock the G-self received, when it was captured by the pirates, caused the cockpit to malfunction and she was rather "ejected" from the G-self unwillingly.

On the notion of the orbital elevator, if we pay attention to the opening. At the point the G-self is on the boat. We can see one of these elevators going up, while we see another one coming down on what looks like to be the opposite side of town. This suggest the elevator isn't a single structure like the ones in Gundam 00, but are made up of multiple sections spread through out capitol tower.
gunform1010

Evex wrote: On the notion of the orbital elevator, if we pay attention to the opening. At the point the G-self is on the boat. We can see one of these elevators going up, while we see another one coming down on what looks like to be the opposite side of town. This suggest the elevator isn't a single structure like the ones in Gundam 00, but are made up of multiple sections spread through out capitol tower.
...this wasn't obvious already? :?

Kratos

Yeah, in basically every establishing shot of the Tower, we see about 4 actual elevators.
Mythgarr

Looking at the elongated beam saber, I know realize that G-Reco is amalgam of many gundam multiverse elements: aloof pilots of W in Klim Nick, The backpacks of SEED, strong female gundam pilots of UC, overpowered Gundams and space elevator of OO, fly-everwhere Gundams and bulky grunt machines of X (one could see Hecate and Jahannam and think of Septem, Octapte, and Jenis).

And that Elf Bullock: is that our new Psycho Gundam? It is transformable, has no rifles or shields, and has beams comings from everywhere on its body.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:Looking at the elongated beam saber, I know realize that G-Reco is amalgam of many gundam multiverse elements: aloof pilots of W in Klim Nick, The backpacks of SEED, strong female gundam pilots of UC, overpowered Gundams and space elevator of OO, fly-everwhere Gundams and bulky grunt machines of X (one could see Hecate and Jahannam and think of Septem, Octapte, and Jenis).

And that Elf Bullock: is that our new Psycho Gundam? It is transformable, has no rifles or shields, and has beams comings from everywhere on its body.
The stretching of the beam sabers screamed Zeta.

Elf Bullock: Don't forget mandatory crazy pilot, thanks to the mask a la Meijin Kawaguchi III.

Kratos

He was different, but I don't know if I'd call him "crazy", especially not in a Four Murasame sort of way.
Dark Duel

gunform1010 wrote:Elf Bullock: Don't forget mandatory crazy pilot, thanks to the mask a la Meijin Kawaguchi III.
Be fair: Meijin Kawaguchi III was more a Quattro than a Char - he wore Cool Shades rather than a true mask like this guy.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Mythgarr wrote:strong female gundam pilots of UC
Strong female pilots? Where?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:strong female gundam pilots of UC
Strong female pilots? Where?
...Emma Sheen?

Mythgarr

I wonder if any of you knows Grant Morrison, comicbook writers for DC Comics. He has this story writing styles that at first glance is all over the place but if you look closely you'll smile yourself out because he put little details here and there that could give readers a fridge moment of awesomeness and they can't help it but fall in love a little more more with Grant Morrison.

I think that's what happening in G-Reco. Tomino's telling stories with sprinkles of details here and there. The G-Reco has core fighter, sure, but it also has air and water supply on it, and it does automatic docking. Montero has heat lances, sure, but Klim Nick uses it not as normal lance, but whatever he sees fit: throw it, use it normally, who knows probably he would use it as pogo sticks sometimes later. Who knows if Montero could go full MA mode later, eh ;) Elf Bullock is an aerial fighter: It's MA is shaped like one, and its MS mode is mostly barehanded, like a true fighter :). The elevator's crowns are colored like military camos, symbolizing militarization of a religious item. The Megafauna has minovsky flight capabilities, showing that Ameria could have a mobile weapons that could float if they chose to make one.
The pace is frantic, sure, but this is internet age, so you can freeze every frames if you want to and pick details!
Visit The Dreams