Magical Girls

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Re: Magical Girls

Henyo wrote:i still think the Nanoha series is on life support now.
Eh? With Vivid Strike airing now, the third movie (which has been on life support for a few years) given a release date for next summer, and season two of Vivid itself set for sometime in 2017, why would you think that?
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Vent Noir

Henyo wrote: i still think the Nanoha series is on life support now.
Apparently there was some kind of falling out between Yukari Tamura (Nanoha's VA) and 7Arcs/King Records. Don't know the details, though.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Henyo

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Henyo wrote:i still think the Nanoha series is on life support now.
Eh? With Vivid Strike airing now, the third movie (which has been on life support for a few years) given a release date for next summer, and season two of Vivid itself set for sometime in 2017, why would you think that?
new animation yes. but the series, IMO, hasn't really been up to form in recent times. Strikers was soso. Vivid is takes on more shonen tropes. while one can argue that PreCure is on the line, that series follows more tropes from the Magical Girl genre.(PreCure hasn't been in form for this season if you ask me, Mahou Girls is a big step down from the excellent Go! Princess.)

Force is cancelled in all but name. i'm not bothered by the MC being male but the near universal hate for it kind of speaks of itself.

there also another that's set to premiere this month. Matoi the Slayer.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Brave Fencer Kirby

So not so much "I think the series is dying" as "I don't like the direction the series is going". Which is fair (you don't have to like where the series is going), but the two aren't really the same thing.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!