Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kratos

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Frankly, I'm more worried about the all-female cast being nothing but a bunch of crass fanservice bunnies than I am about the show itself being girly. It's not like Fukuda has a great track record with lady pilots in that regard.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Zeonista

Don't worry Kratos, I have certainly not forgotten what Fukuda did to the female cast of GSD. I am willing to forgive a little now, but not to forget, no not at all.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

Add one loli among that all-female cast, and I will actually look toward fanservice. :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Zeonista

I'll spot you that one, since any anime that features a group of girls must appeal to multiple interests.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kratos

Or, y'know, could just not feature blatant upskirt-downshirt-jiggle-wiggle fanservice. That's not something that HAS to accompany a female ensemble cast.

And...I dunno, I feel like sexualizing under-age girls potentially alienates more than it broadens. I mean, to each their own, but that's a pretty specific and isolated demographic to cater to.
Destiny_Gundam

It's a pretty big demographic, though. One that's willing to dish out tons of cash for Blu Rays and figures and hug pillows. They keep the industry afloat and so are rewarded with more shows catering to their tastes.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

I think we've had this debate before. I know alot of key players are sick of rewarding said audience of arguable man children.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

Well, if they plan to pull lot of fanservice, then they're going to reward audiences anyway.

Really, Kratos state how he won't like it if it's fanservice-heavy, then I add I can like fanservice-heavy if it include loli. In other words, the main factor here is fanservice (with loli or not, he still don't like fanservice).
doghunter1

Anyone know what "頭頂高" and "全高" mean in Romaji and English? I got them from here.
Kratos

頭頂高: Touchoukou, head height.

全高: Zenkou, overall height.

(but even Google Translate could have told you that).
Kuruni

*nod* While Google Translate does bad job as translator, it work pretty well as dictionary.
Wingnut

Which if you think about it for a moment, the tech used to make such a mobile weapon that small (and hella skinny!) and fully transformable compared to even how simple natured the transformations of smaller MS like Wing and Airmaster as well as virtually every plane from Macross, must be quite impressive.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Henyo

i marked this one as a must watch based the moment i saw the Main Character's Designs. the trailer and recently revealed casts, character artwork, cemented that further.(there are SEVEN Pretty Cure Seiyuus in there.)

as for the plot, the first things that came to mind was Guilty Gear and Break Blade.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
battletech

"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Kuruni

Now I actually look toward it. Mech look cool, and bit of battle is promising.
Raikoh

I'm still going to stay on my toes when it comes to the battle scenes, due to the whole Fukuda thing. Stock footage is still something to beware, though I doubt that it will be as egregious as Dendoh or Seed, since CG makes it easy to avert needing to fall back on crutches like that.

All in all, second trailer makes it look more promising. Character interactions seem like they'll be interesting, and the voice acting seems to be solid (though I'm hoping for more smug Yukari).

That Nana OP!
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Strike Zero

http://irisinabottle.kinja.com/cross-an ... 1537491933
Spoiler
When Ange is taken away from her family, she is stripped by Jill, and told that she has entered living hell. From there, she is strapped to a table by Mana, and as she resists the grasp of her captors, SHE SHAKES HER PINK PANTY BUTT in a focus shot only on her rear end. Really? This is supposed to be a very fearful scene, but instead, we are supposed to be aroused? Apparently so. But no one was (everyone around me was laughing and face-palming). From there, Ange is anal-raped off screen with metal torture tools. For what reason? Branding? We don't know. They never give an explanation. The next time we see Ange, she is naked on the floor, blood coming from her anus and tears streaming down her face. THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS TORTURE. The most shocking thing is that there is NO REACTION FROM ANGE IN THE NEXT EPISODE. In the second episode, Ange has COMPLETELY pushed off this event, being in the same classroom talking humorously with her captors.
._.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Henyo

as the saying goes: you have to see it yourself.

they've already done it once with Valvrave, whose to stop Sunrise from doing it again?

on a separete note, i totally missed Ishihara Kaori being in the cast. it was only when i watched the second trailer that i learned she was in this show.(she's using Kyouno Madoka's voice.)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Raikoh

First comment on that post:
Spoiler
I think that she wasn't anally raped. You misinterpreted it. The pilots all have spinal cords attached to the base of their spine, and the procedure you saw was her being implanted with one in order to pilot.
I've yet to view the scene in its entirety, so I think it's a bit early to pass judgment. At worst, it's gratuitous shock value; but in all likelihood it's just an awkward directorial choice for a plot point that people are probably overreacting to.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Kratos

I really wish Fukuda could operate without excessive fanservice, though - the racism angle sounds neat, certainly better-realized than the prejudice stuff in SEED was, and a heavy theme like that would be better off without wacky panty shots framing it.