Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
iguanaman8989

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Spoiler
I must say Hilda's visit with her mother went about as well as I figured, especially once they showed the younger sister. Had no doubts after they showed her that she was going to be named Hilda as well.
Sylvia was a bit of a surprise, given the way that Ange felt about their relationship, though given how fully Angelise believed the anti-norma talk, it isn't really all that surprising.
Compass

Poor Tusk. Forever doomed to get beaten for being the romcom slapstick guy.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Ryujin

The facial expressions on the people watching the hanging were hilarious, especially the Norma baby's mom.

Also leave it to Ange to give everyone the verbal middle finger during her escape, and Chris growing a backbone.
Compass wrote:Poor Tusk. Forever doomed to get beaten for being the romcom slapstick guy.
I have to respect him, though, for going where no man has gone before.
Spoiler
And proving that he did.
It's also great how he kept acting cool afterwards with that bruised, puffed-up face and half-closed eye.
Iris Scope

It was refreshing to see Ange and Hilda on the same boat as far as where they stand together goes instead of being at each other's throats. Also, Rosalie may have turned into Chris' slave after Chris showed some hate at her former master but I still think Rosalie will forever be chained to Hilda's side especially after the way no direct answer came up on Rosalie's end to Chris asking her not to leave her side like Hilda and Zola have.

I'm beginning to have this feeling that if anyone in the trio is going to die first, it will be Rosalie to spark some more hatred on Chris towards Hilda and give Hilda some food for thought in thinking maybe she was in the wrong for not acknowledging their supposed friendship.
Erisie

So, this week Cross Ange goes back to being Cross Ange in all its trashy glory.

Tusk said something interesting: he's a part of the "Knights of Vilkiss". Why is his loyalty directed to a machine rather than, say, the Norma? Here is where I present another crazy theory: the Vilkiss came from the other side. All the other Para-Mail are reverse-engineered from it. Also, I'm starting to believe that he is NOT a Norma, just that he chooses not to use his powers (which might also have something to do with that other theory of mine that Mana and D.R.A.G.O.N.s are somehow connected.

It was very cool to see Ange making the Holy Emperor bleed before leaving.
The language used by Sylvia and the other "humans" reminds me a bit of the DPRK. Everyone parrots the exact same propaganda about the Norma.

I'll have to disagree with Iris' assessment that Rosalie will get offed. After the events of this episode (scorning Hilda, pledging herself to Rosalie during fornication), Chris is still the main candidate. Speaking of fornication, it seems that Sylvia is going to find Julio and his cute crony during an intimate act...
Destiny_Gundam

Erisie wrote:Tusk said something interesting: he's a part of the "Knights of Vilkiss". Why is his loyalty directed to a machine rather than, say, the Norma?
Uh, it's just a name. Doesn't mean they serve the robot.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Erisie

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Uh, it's just a name. Doesn't mean they serve the robot.
Yeah, but why "Knight of Vilkiss"? Why not "Knight of Norma" or "Knight of Arzenal"? Why that para-mail in particular?
Destiny_Gundam

Pretty easy symbol to rally around. They've made it clear that there's something special about it.
Raikoh

Erisie wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Uh, it's just a name. Doesn't mean they serve the robot.
Yeah, but why "Knight of Vilkiss"? Why not "Knight of Norma" or "Knight of Arzenal"? Why that para-mail in particular?
Because "Knights of Vilkiss" sounds cooler than any alternative.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Ryujin

Oh lol, in this week's episode, we find out that, among other things,
Spoiler
Cross Ange is actually somehow connected to Saint Seiya, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Cyber Formula GPX and a bunch of other stuff. Also a sing-off between Yuri Horie & Nana Mizuki.
Definitely didn't see that coming.
PowerdGNFlag

Spoiler
Also, Salia's dream of following her onee-sama in being a sucky (if not improper) pilot of the Villkiss was shot down for good (hopefully).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Destiny_Gundam

So I get the feeling
Spoiler
Vivian is going to turn into a dragon next episode.
iguanaman8989

Just a guess:
Spoiler
Based on the discussion in the bedroom, I'm thinking that the girls at Arzenal aren't protecting the world from the DRAGONs so much as harvesting them.
The superiors know when a singularity is opening because they open them.
Iris Scope

I'm a little confused. Are Alektra and Jill the same person? Because when Salia and Mei are talking at the gravestone that I think is Alektra's, Mei says something about Alektra but then corrects herself as saying Jill. Also, the fact that Alektra was injured in the same place that Jill has the prosthetic arm isn't helping the matters any.
Raikoh

Fukuda's going full-on Super Robot and I'm perfectly fine with it. It's pretty well established that's what he's best at. That fight scene was pretty freaking awesome - love me some Char kicks. Capped off with the duet! I don't usually like Horie's voice that much, but that was something else.

Currently I find the most plausible scenario to be
Spoiler
DRAGONs are capable of swapping minds with mana-using humans to become dragon/human hybrids like Sala seems to be. The red one in the preview is the Yukana officer. The reason they're fighting is because they're pissed at being harvested.
Also, Hilda's a great straight man to all the crazy stunts Ange pulls. Their connection transcends dimensions.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

Iris Scope wrote:Are Alektra and Jill the same person?
Yes. She just changed her name.
Iris Scope

Thanks! :) BTW, is Hilda starting to grow feelings for Ange? I mean, the way she blushed when Ange held herself unto her but doesn't feel the same way when Salia does the same near the end of the episode. :mrgreen:

Also, Julio creeped me out by calling his assistant "Mama" while in the sack. Makes me glad that she is a dragon creature using him for her own agenda.
Henyo

two words: reincarnation romance! Full steam ahead Yuri ship!
if the Yuri escalates further i think Aida Mana has finally found an enemy for Yuri Harem Queen. thanks to not reading ANN article(Again) about the cast, i though Sara was voiced by Tanaka Rie. that would've been interesting. Lacus in yet another Justice.

also: IDEON GUN HASHA!
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Calubin_175

Iris Scope wrote:Thanks! :) BTW, is Hilda starting to grow feelings for Ange? I mean, the way she blushed when Ange held herself unto her but doesn't feel the same way when Salia does the same near the end of the episode. :mrgreen:

Also, Julio creeped me out by calling his assistant "Mama" while in the sack. Makes me glad that she is a dragon creature using him for her own agenda.
I think in some of the Japanese anime manga/hentai culture, the cougar character tends to refer herself as mama to the boy toy character.
doghunter1

Henyo wrote:
also: IDEON GUN HASHA!
You just spoke my mind. Aside from that, there are these references to Ideon:

1. Ange getting whipped and humiliated in episode 10 by Sylvia being a reference to Ideon episode 12, wherein Harulu had Guhaba strip Karala and made every subordinate of hers laugh at Karala.

2. Ange and Hilda in the brig being a reference to Ideon episodes 16-17, wherein Bes had Cosmo and Kasha imprisoned for disobedience.