Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raikoh

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

I sure hope somebody picks up that phone.
Lord Dearche wrote:You mean in a show where 90% of the people who die come back to life 10 minutes later? If anything this show WILL end with a Reset ending.
Only because 90% of the people who have been killed on-screen have been Embryo. I can't even remember anyone else dying and coming back who isn't completely allied with the E-man. Julio was apparently on his side and he's fish food.

I also doubt we'll be getting a reset, considering that'd be quite hypocritical of Ange and wouldn't really be aligned with her character. I'll put my money on a Zeta homage with Vilkiss powering up via souls of the dead allies.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Lord Dearche

That's the thing, it can ONLY end in a reset. They're not just going to have an ending where one of the entire species, the fake human or the dragons gets entirely wiped out. If they get Aura back, they the human civilization dies, they don't, the dragons probably all will.
Iris Scope

Anyone feel that out of the two major character deaths in this episode, Momoka got the worst one? Getting run over by the car you're using Mana power to try to kill Embryo over a cliff and falling to her death into the jungle below WHILE the car is falling towards her seems like a more painful deal compared to Tusk simply suicide bombing himself to give Ange a head start.
teslashark

And it's pretty mean against her.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
SonicSP

Spoiler
- For some reason, I'm not convinced that Tusk is dead, if only because I have a feeling that Embyro would revive him just so he can kill him in front of Ange for fun or make her do something he wants. Not that it would bother me that much if he did die, I kinda like matyr deaths sometimes. That and it's in the middle of an explosion, that convinced me even less even if he did strapped it to himself.

Still I wonder whether attempting to kill Embyro is an explosion is the best way to buy Ange time since earlier in the episode him dying actually helps him chase after Ange faster.

- Speaking of which, Tusk was badass to go fight Embyro one on one like that.

- What happened with Momoka was sad but I reckon she probably would have killed herself anyways after knowing that she can be used anytime by Embyro to hurt Ange. Still to be bit by a car, fall down a cliff AND an explosion. She really got the short end of the stick there.

I fear that we'll be getting a reset ending a some have said. Personally I would rather they remain dead since it would mean so much more that way.

- That flashback scene of Hilda, Rosalie and Chris when they were kids was kinda cute.

- Interesting to see the Chris vs Hilda/Rosalie thing heat up this way. Now I'm curious on whether it may take Rosalie to die to bring her back. I still think she has the weakest case out of the three for defecting (she got shot in the head by a random soldier, I don't know what else her friends could have done for her; Hilda even took a shot for her not long before that) I imagine her friendship with the other two wasn't roses 100% of the time but I felt like she was genuine when she won that money to have dinner with all of them at the Festa. I guess Embyro is just really really that good and that powerful to take advantage of all of their weaknesses and even manipulate them to his advantage.

What happened with Ershe's side is interesting as well because I wonder whether she's gonna blame it on herself or the enemy. In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing Salia and Ershe's thoughts on recent events the next episode.

- I like the quantum physics title references Tusk made when talking about Embyro.

- I can't help but wonder about Tusk's lineage since he mentioned that his mother was a mail rider. I reckon not since he mentioned he wasn't a Norma earlier (as opposed to a half Norma, possibly; if the alternative is the case), but this is throwing me off slightly about the possibilities that she was one. Her outfit wouldn't necessarily be out of place either among Arzenal team that I even considered that possibility when I saw her picture.

- Overall, this was a great episode. Really enjoyed it.
teslashark

THEY DID
And, Embryo is an even bigger ass than he is before.
Lord Dearche

This weeks episode:
>No one (That actually mattered) actually died.

http://i.imgur.com/GS0BuVX.gif
Destiny_Gundam

Oh snap, Embryo has gone full Scirocco on us.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

So, what, did Momoka swim there? And I mean, WHY DOES MOMOKA KEEP A FRYING PAN IN HER BLOUSE.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
BrentD15

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Oh snap, Embryo has gone full Scirocco on us.
Nah, Scirocco never actually spanked anyone under his command. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Destiny_Gundam

Not that we saw on screen, anyways. You know Sarah would have loved it.
Raikoh

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574287644714123264
How did Tusk and Momoka survive?…Of course during the scenario meeting we came up with multiple ideas, but ultimately, if we write it it wouldn't be interesting at all, so we just put it all in the episode preview. Tusk used the Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu) and an anti-explosive cloak using a fire jutsu (Katon no Jutsu). Momoka used a frying pan and mana to slow her fall.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574288336254169088
Tusk knew where Ange's destination was, so he rendezvoused with Momoka who was stuck in a tree. And they came back to the island on a fishing boat…the end. The director said "Eh? Is this really ok?", and did oppose this idea, but Higuchi-san, the producers, and I agreed on this development.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574289419907129346
The highlight of this episode is Ange's change of awareness and determination. We've been watching her change since episode one. So Tusk being alive is very important and how he managed to survive is not. There is no drama in that.
If we weren't convinced by now, Fukuda is obviously self parodying.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
iCards

The Director wasn't sure but the Series Writer wanted to keep Tusk around and the producers took a vote from there. Heh, still got a laugh at being trolled though. Atleast they recognized the troll-ness in the Preview.

I do have to agree with Fukuda that explaination would be hard, so short version/my theory because theories are fun:

-changed storyboard Tusk has bomb strapped to his person to Tusk ripping off his Vest. (Vest could've been the bomb and the vest is nowhere to be seen in episode 22.)

-Tusk hightails it to Momoka to find her since Embryo thinks they are both dead.

-Momoka heals them up. In episode six Momoka mentioned that Mana could heal someone to the point they don't even scar.

-They steal a boat to get the Island before Embryo shuts down everybody's Mana.

Sidenote: I kind of like the grew Ange's hair back out just a bit, signifies a meeting point between the hardass she became after episode 3 to becoming just a bit more idealistic after learning the world.
Compass

Raikoh wrote:
https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574287644714123264
How did Tusk and Momoka survive?…Of course during the scenario meeting we came up with multiple ideas, but ultimately, if we write it it wouldn't be interesting at all, so we just put it all in the episode preview. Tusk used the Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu) and an anti-explosive cloak using a fire jutsu (Katon no Jutsu). Momoka used a frying pan and mana to slow her fall.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574288336254169088
Tusk knew where Ange's destination was, so he rendezvoused with Momoka who was stuck in a tree. And they came back to the island on a fishing boat…the end. The director said "Eh? Is this really ok?", and did oppose this idea, but Higuchi-san, the producers, and I agreed on this development.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574289419907129346
The highlight of this episode is Ange's change of awareness and determination. We've been watching her change since episode one. So Tusk being alive is very important and how he managed to survive is not. There is no drama in that.
If we weren't convinced by now, Fukuda is obviously self parodying.
It is truly the second coming of Jesus Yamato, then?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Not really. Surviving death isn't the only qualification to be Jesus. Tusk lacks Kira's "I'm morally superior to all of you and can do no wrong" aspect.
Iris Scope

"We're just getting started!" :mrgreen: Ange was SO in heat to wanna go for round 2 of some old fashioned nookie. :P And Salia SO deserved that spanking Embryo gave her, I think she may have even liked it.
teslashark

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not really. Surviving death isn't the only qualification to be Jesus. Tusk lacks Kira's "I'm morally superior to all of you and can do no wrong" aspect.
There's still a "WHAT IF" as big as Embryo's ego: What if he's pretending to be Tusk?
SonicSP

- What the frickin........I'm at a loss for words truly. TRULY.

The only only explanation I can come up initially with is that Ange is delusional, but that's countered slightly by the Momoka actually saying she can't use Mana, which is something she shouldn't know at that point and the other stuff on Twitter. Oh well.

Not a development I like to be honest in a series in which I liked most of the plot developments up till now. Not necessarily because they survived but because they didn't frickin explain it. To be honest, it would have been better for the writers to just not kill them if you're going to be so non-chalant about reviving them in the next episode. In other words, I think the treatment and portrayal of the revival of it than the actual action.

I will say that Momoka surviving is a bit believable to some extent because of Mana, but not Tusk. Although to be fair, he did promise her that he'll come back and the premise that he had a plan for that encounter to survive isn't that out there. Perhaps it's just a smoke bomb with lights afterall. I remember someone mentioning that killing Embryo would actually be counterproductive to the goal of buying time for Ange (at least according to the rules established by the previous episode though and only by those rules) so a distraction may actually be more beneficial. It would still be hard for Tusk to survive though if Embroyo was really out to get him.

Still would have felt a lot better if they spend 30 seconds to just frickin explain it.

- I've watched this show and everything it threw me, yet I'm still a bit stunned by Salia spanking scene at the start. She's also fully turned over to the dark side it seems. Never underestimate the power of jealousy I guess....especially in a hopeless romantic. I still get this strange feeling that she'll be redeemed somehow, likely by Alektra apologizing to her while Salia lies injured after Ange beats her up in their destined fight.

- The rising hatred between Chris and Rosalie is sad to see to be honest. Interesting but still sad. I didn't expect Rosalie to go that level of hatred of Chris even if she did attacked her in the last episode. One of the plot lines I'm interested in seeing the resolution of.

- Didn't see Ersha coming back to the Arzenal team to be honest. I'm curious to see how this plays out in the next episode. I can see her being accepted and included given her reasoning.

- I'm truly interested in Embryo's definition of "smart intelligent women". I'm not even sure he knows it himself at this point, other than someone that does what he says. To be fair, that sounds exactly like something he would do.

=======
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not really. Surviving death isn't the only qualification to be Jesus. Tusk lacks Kira's "I'm morally superior to all of you and can do no wrong" aspect.
Well, he is voiced by Setsuna afterall. :wink:
teslashark wrote: There's still a "WHAT IF" as big as Embryo's ego: What if he's pretending to be Tusk?
A big part of me wants something like this to be the case. Or at the very least a decent explanation in-series. It would be a good way to lure Ange back to Mitsurugi even instead of her just staying there or even commit suicide like she almost did. Ange also noticed the lack of gunshot wounds, I wonder whether that's a clue to something?

While I know the odds are not favorable, the series isn't over so I'm fingers crossed that they'll explain it.
Iris Scope

I can now picture a GSD style ending for Embryo, Alektra, and Salia where after the final confrontation between Ange, their castle comes down on top of them and they unite in one final hug before it's curtains for them. I think it's unlikely but given how it's been built up that Alektra is feeling bummed about Salia and even criticized by Jasmine about it and we're also dealing with Fukuda who has some degree of control over the final project.