Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Post Reply
User avatar
Iris Scope
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Iris Scope » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Vivian is just all sorts of kawaii this episode. First off, her clothing in the other Earth just seems to further amplify that cuteness all around. And second, when she asks what a mother is since she doesn't know was an adorable question to come out of her displaying her innocence. I am just hoping against hope that Fukuda doesn't decide after all of these heartwarming moments to suddenly wipe her out to get the fanbase riled up. I am still holding out belief that the bodycount in this series won't be early Kill 'em All Tomino style and give some characters the chance to see the light of day when the battle is over.

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Fukuda's not the script writer, he doesn't exactly make all these choices. Most of his additions to the show were basically to copy and paste SEED stock animations and such.

It's just that he's stupid, loud, and annoying that he THINKS he's the center of the universe for any project he does.

User avatar
Raikoh
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Raikoh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:58 pm

I dunno, I've heard of behind-the-scenes stuff and since Fukuda is the producer that means that he's got final say and if he really wants something to be in or not then he can twist the writer and director to make it happen. There was a Superman movie that never got made but the producer made an effort to squeeze in things like giant spiders, Superman not flying or wearing his costume, and Braniac fighting polar bears and hanging out with Chewbacca and a campy R2D2. I'm not even kidding.

Whether or not he's pushing for the references and the craziness or not, they all had to go through him at some point and considering he's the biggest name on the team of writer/director/producer then he should know that he's going to be the one everyone points fingers at.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE

User avatar
Vent Noir
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Vent Noir » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

teslashark wrote:
Raikoh wrote:The gist of the post, I think, is that when Ange fell on Tusk he... How to put this in a less crass manner... He sort of gave her more reason to rinse her mouth than you'd think. Well he was being toyed with pretty ferociously for who knows how long.
I'd say his hard-on is enough to crack her teeth.

We have a theory over here: Embryo and Aura(?) is the same person. He wants an all-out war in the two worlds so he can rule them both or nuke them both then create a new human/dragon race from scratch.
Well, I did have Embryo pegged as the show's Rau Le Creuset for a while now.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Everyone did. It doesn't help that he's literally voiced by Toshihiko Seki, the same person as Rau.

Also Fukuda is "Creative" producer, not the real main producer. He only got as much power as he did because he literally bitched and cryed to sunrise. There's still others more important. Fukuda like always just likes to get his name out there and think he's entirely in charge. But the big difference with the SEED series is that he actually was entirely in charge. Also unlike SEED, his wife isn't the head writer for Cross Ange to turn it into his self insert dream. If it was We'd have probably seen Tusk pilot the Vilkiss himself and save the earth in a single day.

There have been rumors floating around 2ch though that much of the staff is annoyed at Fukuda. Partly because of his whining to sunrise for more power, but also because of his antics, their show is essentially now just Ange SEED and not being taken for it's own worth.

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Lord Dearche wrote:There have been rumors floating around 2ch though that much of the staff is annoyed at Fukuda. Partly because of his whining to sunrise for more power, but also because of his antics, their show is essentially now just Ange SEED and not being taken for it's own worth.
Wouldn't be the first time people have a problem with Fukuda's ego. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Don't forget he's a sell out and will change a project just for more money. He's the guy who flat out said the reason Dearka was changed to the Arch Angel team was because Buster Gundams model kits sucked in the sales. He also whined a cried about how SRW games were terrible because they fixed his crappy story.

Luckily he can't ruin peoples characters here just because of personal reasons like with his wife in Destiny. Since again his wife isn't the writer, and above all, Nana Mizuki.

I'm sure everyone knows of the alleged controversy with Fukuda, Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn) and Naomi Shindoh (Cagalli). They're fine VAs and all (DAT Kenichi married DAT Mayaa Sakamoto aka Lunamaria IRL), but in the end still just voice actors, and not major large scale ones compared to others.

However, Nana Mizuki is pretty much a goddess and an icon. Not just as a voice actress, but also a famous songstress and songwrite who has concerts that sell out instantly. (A friend of mine goes to them often, and saw Hideo Kojima up in the box seats lol) If Fukuda would try to do anything of the sort like he did with Shinn to one of her characters, there would probably be hell to pay. Both from her fans, and also the higher ups from her record labels, studios, sponsors, etc.

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Lord Dearche wrote:Fukuda's not the script writer, he doesn't exactly make all these choices. Most of his additions to the show were basically to copy and paste SEED stock animations and such.

It's just that he's stupid, loud, and annoying that he THINKS he's the center of the universe for any project he does.
Fukuda may not decide who will die, but he does have the power to spray the screen with ketchup when people/dragon barbecue comes up. He will never fail to amaze you with new ways of very graphic killing.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Bloody spray and character deaths have been all over since the start. It's not the gore and killing that matters so much as it's not main characters being killed off. If it's randoms it's perfectly fine. Kind of like Eureka seveN when the ABC started showing up near the end.

Plus with Embryo, People don't die when they are killed!

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:30 am

Lord Dearche wrote:Don't forget he's a sell out and will change a project just for more money. He's the guy who flat out said the reason Dearka was changed to the Arch Angel team was because Buster Gundams model kits sucked in the sales. He also whined a cried about how SRW games were terrible because they fixed his crappy story.

Luckily he can't ruin peoples characters here just because of personal reasons like with his wife in Destiny. Since again his wife isn't the writer, and above all, Nana Mizuki.

I'm sure everyone knows of the alleged controversy with Fukuda, Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn) and Naomi Shindoh (Cagalli). They're fine VAs and all (DAT Kenichi married DAT Mayaa Sakamoto aka Lunamaria IRL), but in the end still just voice actors, and not major large scale ones compared to others.

However, Nana Mizuki is pretty much a goddess and an icon. Not just as a voice actress, but also a famous songstress and songwrite who has concerts that sell out instantly. (A friend of mine goes to them often, and saw Hideo Kojima up in the box seats lol) If Fukuda would try to do anything of the sort like he did with Shinn to one of her characters, there would probably be hell to pay. Both from her fans, and also the higher ups from her record labels, studios, sponsors, etc.
Yeah, we all know how that went.
Not enjoying the story Fukuda's wife is writing? He'll write your character into incompetence. :twisted:

Also, I think Lacus Clyne is an expy for Nana Mizuki. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:10 pm

BrentD15 wrote: Yeah, we all know how that went.
Not enjoying the story Fukuda's wife is writing? He'll write your character into incompetence. :twisted:

Also, I think Lacus Clyne is an expy for Nana Mizuki. :P
I'm still not going to believe the Cagalli incident. Didn't it first came out as an explanation about G Generation Spirits not having Cagalli vocals?
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:41 pm

She was unvoiced in numerous games. It wasn't until recently with the Vita game SEED Battle Destiny and Shin Gundam Musou that she finally started voicing the role again. Before that, in several G Gen games and SRWs she was always voiceless while everyone else was in.

The rumors about it are that some of her fellow VAs and probably her agency as well convinced her to take the role again.Since not Voicing Cagalli would limit SEED related stuff in games, and this screw over all the other related VAs somewhat. Apparantly now she's fine voicing the character, but just won't work with Fukuda or any of the actual Destiny writing staff.

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Lord Dearche wrote:She was unvoiced in numerous games. It wasn't until recently with the Vita game SEED Battle Destiny and Shin Gundam Musou that she finally started voicing the role again. Before that, in several G Gen games and SRWs she was always voiceless while everyone else was in.

The rumors about it are that some of her fellow VAs and probably her agency as well convinced her to take the role again. Since not Voicing Cagalli would limit SEED related stuff in games, and this screw over all the other related VAs somewhat. Apparantly now she's fine voicing the character, but just won't work with Fukuda or any of the actual Destiny writing staff.
Don't forget G-Gen Overworld. :)

And something had to happen during SEED Destiny's production to cause such a rift.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:22 am

Something definitely did. Something like this doesn't get this big if there wasn't some truth to it. It might not have been as bad as we've all heard or it could have been worse. There's no way to really ever tell without hearing it from the actors and actresses themselves. However, because these peopel are all still professionals in a competative indusrty and are representing their respective agencies, they just can't go and badmouth shows staff and studios due to personal reasons.

But this is all going off topic.

As to Cross Ange, overall, I'm enjoying it a lot more now then before.

The first few episodes were pretty boring. Ange being a total bitch didn't help either, not to mention the tactics of the other girls who hated her were getting old as well. (Except Vivian who was always love).

Once Tusk showed up though it definitely got a lot better. He was a nice counter to everything Ange had pretty much been. The maid also helped. Hopfully she returns soon.

The 2nd half though it fi nally started to actually go forward with the plot with Embryo and all that. THough since it's already in the 2nd half it now feels like they wasted a lot of time with the first half.

One thing that does bug me though. When Nanoha and pissed off Fate said they wanted to watch the world Burn, I was expected them to literally set the world ablaze. Instead we get all this other stuff. (Which I 100% called 3 months ago at the junk guild. XD )

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:28 pm

The REFERENCE is strong with this episode.
Dougram. Dragonar. Prince of Tennis. GPX. SEED. And... Reconguista Cola!

Apparently, Sara/Sala/Sarah's proper name is Salamander, as written on her racer helmet.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 am

teslashark wrote:The REFERENCE is strong with this episode.
Dougram. Dragonar. Prince of Tennis. GPX. SEED. And... Reconguista Cola!
Again, this is Fukuda we're talking about; he doesn't have a single original bone in his body. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Compass
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Compass » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:55 pm

The cost for a round of golf $8500 in that card on the wall. Ha ha.

This episode is pretty good, though.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex

User avatar
Raikoh
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Raikoh » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

I'm disappointed we didn't get "Salamandendoh" from Ange's ridiculous nicknames.

Fun episode, very goofy and definitely made me like Salamandiva more than before.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE

User avatar
Compass
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Compass » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:27 am

Also, did anyone notice anything weird about the Twister spots? :P
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex

Henyo
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Henyo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:32 am

Finally! more Ange X Salamandandy moments. and it ended in a tail biting!(taking a page out of the devillukes Sunrise?)

also, someone should mention this:

VILKISS PULLED A ZEORYMER ON US!
Macross style power up singing. Trans-am, then Boson Jump. what next?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

Post Reply