Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Post Reply
User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 am

I loved how cute Vivian was this episode. :3

Also, I can only imagine what "The D War" was about.
Spoiler
Show
inb4 SEED Destiny :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Compass
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Compass » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Hotel Mulaflaga.

Hotel Mulaflaga.

Hotel Mulaflaga.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex

User avatar
Iris Scope
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Iris Scope » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Best episode yet because Ange/Tusk is OFFICIAL!!! :D Kiss the night away, you two lovebirds at least it would've been that way if the dragon ladies hadn't shown up and stopped them from doing the horizontal mambo. :x

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Compass wrote:Hotel Mulaflaga.

Hotel Mulaflaga.

Hotel Mulaflaga.
I know!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Iris Scope wrote:Best episode yet because Ange/Tusk is OFFICIAL!!! :D Kiss the night away, you two lovebirds at least it would've been that way if the dragon ladies hadn't shown up and stopped them from doing the horizontal mambo. :x
Who do you think Sara/Sarah wants to meet more, Ange or Tusk? Can't help but ask.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
Iris Scope
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Iris Scope » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 pm

teslashark wrote:
Iris Scope wrote:Best episode yet because Ange/Tusk is OFFICIAL!!! :D Kiss the night away, you two lovebirds at least it would've been that way if the dragon ladies hadn't shown up and stopped them from doing the horizontal mambo. :x
Who do you think Sara/Sarah wants to meet more, Ange or Tusk? Can't help but ask.
I can't help but say Ange because the writers want to shove as many yuri outcomes by the time it's over that they don't care that we just had our first sweet moment of Ange/Tusk. BTW, IDK if it was Sala but it looked like her using her leg to choke Ange in the next episode preview so is that something somebody who supposedly loves somebody does... :shock:

Also before I forget, Vivian is so darn cute as a dragon! Seeing her get put down by Ange in her fit of anger was alarming to say the least. At least Ange was good enough to say sorry.

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Iris Scope wrote:Also before I forget, Vivian is so darn cute as a D.R.A.G.O.N.! Seeing her get put down by Ange in her fit of anger was alarming to say the least. At least Ange was good enough to say sorry.
I know!
It almost makes me forget that they're dangerous creatures hunted down because they pose a threat to the mana-users.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 am

I don't think anyone is surprised that he of all characters got a sex hotel named after him. Overall I was getting tired with the show, especially at the start. But Embryo and Tusk saved it. Cross Ange is GS Destiny if Rau had rightfully one, and Kira was less of a puppet and a douche.

User avatar
Soma Taozi
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Soma Taozi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:04 am

^Or...it is a completely different show in tone, characters, story, setting, theme, ect...

But sure, it is just like Gundam Seed Destiny...because...because...Fukuda? Sorry don't mean to be harsh and I know that you were joking; but the constant comparisons of GS/GSD and Cross Ange are getting tiresome (not from this site, just the internet in general). Its like comparing Shinichirō Watanabe's Space Dandy to Cowboy Bebop...and concluding one thing about either show based on preconceptions based on the other...

On a different note, my cold bitchy heart melted at Tusk x Ange...I love both of them together so much! :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:33 am

Here's my pretty broken theory on non-Yamatonian co-ordination and the history of the two worlds:

1. Some peole got co-ordinated, and a new planet/reality is discovered.
2. The D war happened.
3. After the war, those who are co-ordinated mutate into Dragons.
4. Embryo took regular people into the new world and co-ordinated their offspring into Manas.
5. ???
6. Dragons want to: live in the new world/technology to repair the old one/get back at well-off folks Delaz style.
7. Norma are people born suitable to go back to the old world.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 am

teslashark wrote:Here's my pretty broken theory on non-Yamatonian co-ordination and the history of the two worlds:

1. Some peole got co-ordinated, and a new planet/reality is discovered.
2. The D war happened.
3. After the war, those who are co-ordinated mutate into Dragons.
4. Embryo took regular people into the new world and co-ordinated their offspring into Manas.
5. ???
6. Dragons want to: live in the new world/technology to repair the old one/get back at well-off folks Delaz style.
7. Norma are people born suitable to go back to the old world.
Don't forget step 8: Profit. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

teslashark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by teslashark » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:02 am

BrentD15 wrote:
teslashark wrote:Here's my pretty broken theory on non-Yamatonian co-ordination and the history of the two worlds:

1. Some peole got co-ordinated, and a new planet/reality is discovered.
2. The D war happened.
3. After the war, those who are co-ordinated mutate into Dragons.
4. Embryo took regular people into the new world and co-ordinated their offspring into Manas.
5. ???
6. Dragons want to: live in the new world/technology to repair the old one/get back at well-off folks Delaz style.
7. Norma are people born suitable to go back to the old world.
Don't forget step 8: Profit. 8)
With Fukuda behind this, it's a given!
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 am

Famitsu this week confirms a Vita game. You'll be playing an Original character. Unfortunately seeing as the series is barely at the halfway mark the games story will either take an entirely original end or just end abruptly.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/cross-ange-g ... ed-ps-vita

Also since Dog Days S3 is coming.
http://i.imgur.com/L6ujeHk.jpg

User avatar
Raikoh
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Raikoh » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 am

Vita game's character is named "Naomi" which people were quick to notice was the name of the gal who died and had her clothes passed down to Ange. Time will tell if that's going to be a piece of plot-important information, or an alternate continuity spinoff, an Easter egg, or just the devs liking the name.

Also, Maria?!
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

It's hard to say if it's a coincidence or not because Ange is flat out right there in the game with her so it takes plce during the show and it's probably not the same girl since that one is dead.

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Lord Dearche wrote:It's hard to say if it's a coincidence or not because Ange is flat out right there in the game with her so it takes plce during the show and it's probably not the same girl since that one is dead.
Ahh, I see; it's a fan-service spin-off! :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:02 am

It's essentially Macross Triangle Frontier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycincc3wLos

Henyo
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Hidden Tramo Village

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Henyo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

episode 14 is also off model like episode 12. the staff must still be under the Natstukashi effect. :twisted:

finally, we'll get more Sala.(i'm starting to prefer Sara. Sala means miss, as in missed attack, in my local language.) raise the Yuri levels again please! and i am liking them Dragon people's clothes. reminds me of CLAMP. only skimpier.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by BrentD15 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Henyo wrote:episode 14 is also off model like episode 12. the staff must still be under the Natstukashi effect. :twisted:
Care to explain?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Post by Lord Dearche » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm

QUALITY and character models not looking like they're supposed to, usually do to the artists changing every few episodes again.

Post Reply