Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

The hell are you talking about? The Destiny is the perfect balance of melee and long rang attacks with speed to boot. All Ange's ride is missing is a nice big cannon.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

I wonder if Miranda Campbell's name is a reference to Meer Campbell. *flees the scene*
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
BrentD15

Compass wrote:I wonder if Miranda Campbell's name is a reference to Meer Campbell. *flees the scene*
Forget that, did you see the random keyboard mashing on the other tombstones? :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Compass

BrentD15 wrote:
Compass wrote:I wonder if Miranda Campbell's name is a reference to Meer Campbell. *flees the scene*
Forget that, did you see the random keyboard mashing on the other tombstones? :lol:
Hey! Their mothers gave them those names :lol:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Henyo

Destiny_Gundam wrote: I think you mean the Destiny Gundam's Palma Fiocina. That and the sword stab make it far more similar to Shinn's units rather than the Freedom.

Episode 3 was pretty good. Ange's finally accepted her situation, but I think she's still got a ways to go before she's redeemed herself.
well, Ange's unit turns gold during its full activation. and the OP shows it has an attack while in this gold mode. so...yeah..Shining Gundam it is for me. and i go by production order. G gundam came first. unless of course there was a gundam manga that came out first.

and i agree about episode 3. it was good. even Ange's disgust at the pudding. what? you thought she'd like commoner stuff that easily? i want to say that Fukuda's characters display realistic reactions to the situations they face.(or at least some of them)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Destiny_Gundam

Henyo wrote:well, Ange's unit turns gold during its full activation. and the OP shows it has an attack while in this gold mode. so...yeah..Shining Gundam it is for me. and i go by production order. G gundam came first. unless of course there was a gundam manga that came out first.
The Shining Finger has the whole hand used in the attack, while the Destiny and Para-mails have the weapon mounted in their palms.
Henyo wrote:and i agree about episode 3. it was good. even Ange's disgust at the pudding. what? you thought she'd like commoner stuff that easily? i want to say that Fukuda's characters display realistic reactions to the situations they face.(or at least some of them)
I doubt warm pudding that's been sitting in the garbage for awhile would taste good anyways.
BrentD15

Have you guys noticed some...familiar weapons in the preview? :wink: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Compass

BrentD15 wrote:Have you guys noticed some...familiar weapons in the preview? :wink: :lol:
They're not even trying to hide it anymore!
BrentD15

Compass wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Have you guys noticed some...familiar weapons in the preview? :wink: :lol:
They're not even trying to hide it anymore!
Frequently
Unoriginal
Kisama
Undermines the
Diginity of
Anime
Destiny_Gundam

Seriously? A tiny little background easter egg and it's the worst thing ever? Come on, now.
Ryujin

The art felt a bit wonky this episode.

Vivian's starting to grow on me, and Ange being alpha was really entertaining.

That scene in the preview where Task/Tusk swishes his sparkling hair is hilarious. I hope it's an advanced heads-up from the staff that he'll be taking on the 'damsel in distress' role.
Raikoh

Still enjoying this. I think one of Fukuda's strengths is being good at developing side characters through interactions rather than needing to give each one a concrete story arc (see also: Dendoh). Our three leads are Ange, Salia, and Hilda, and we haven't seen much of Salia or Hilda until now. In this episode, we see that they all have a goal they're working towards. Well, we don't really know what's driving Ange now, but she's got to be hoarding that money for some purpose.

I know the comparison has been made, but Vilkiss' hand attack seems to be like the anti-God Finger. Rather than slamming them with the right hand, lifting the enemy up, and overheating them... It slams them with the left hand, has them fall down, and freezes them. I shall henceforth refer to it as Devil Finger.

That ending made me think Tusk is going to be rather quirky. We'll see if the internet exploding over seeing someone who looks like Kira will be justified or not next week, I suppose.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
iguanaman8989

I'm a little surprised no one died in this episode. I was fully expecting the other girls' shenanigans to get someone killed.
Would've been a fitting lesson for the way the show started off.
Erisie

Four episodes in and this thing gets trashier by the minute. There's no shame in the amount of fanservice Fukuda is willing to insert in this thing. The staff could've done something about the instances of QUALITY in this episode...

I agree with Raiko's assessment that the series is doing a focus on the two troop commanders, Salia and Hilda, and their relationship towards Ange. There's potential for some interesting character development there. Let's only hope that Kira Yamato doesn't steal another series...

I've never been very fond of the "plucky-type" character, but Vivian is kinda cool. Still surprised that she's voiced by Houko Kuwashima. The most memorable character she has played to date (to me, at least) was Natarle in SEED.
Spoiler
She is going to die before this thing is over, right?
In the PV for the next episode, you see a flight of VTOLs carrying a frozen dragon. Since episode 1, I've been theorizing that they have something to do with the Mana powers.
Destiny_Gundam

Raikoh wrote:I know the comparison has been made, but Vilkiss' hand attack seems to be like the anti-God Finger. Rather than slamming them with the right hand, lifting the enemy up, and overheating them... It slams them with the left hand, has them fall down, and freezes them. I shall henceforth refer to it as Devil Finger.
Am I honestly the only one who sees this?
Raikoh wrote:That ending made me think Tusk is going to be rather quirky. We'll see if the internet exploding over seeing someone who looks like Kira will be justified or not next week, I suppose.
Honestly other than the brown hair he doesn't look like Kira, people are once again lashing out based on their biases.

Besides, it's impossible for him to look like Kira without also looking like Athrun and Cagalli and Lacus and Yzak and etc.
Erisie wrote:I've never been very fond of the "plucky-type" character, but Vivian is kinda cool. Still surprised that she's voiced by Houko Kuwashima. The most memorable character she has played to date (to me, at least) was Natarle in SEED.
You've never seen Nadesico?
Compass

Didn't we have the same issue with everyone looking the same in Majestic Prince? I mean, it's the art style. There's only so much they can bloody do at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/5OELW7U.jpg
Erisie

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Honestly other than the brown hair he doesn't look like Kira, people are once again lashing out based on their biases.
The hair and the purple eyes. Also, can you really blame people for being biased?
Destiny_Gundam wrote:You've never seen Nadesico?
Sure I did.
Spoiler
Dubbed in Spanish...
Henyo

TEN KUU KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am surprised to see Voltes V's sword in the Jasmine mall. and Ange's fourth wall breaking rants are getting more hilarious. maybe she'll get to the point of making references/parody of her Seiyuu's other characters.(or the other seiyuus in the show.)

also forgot about the curse that Kuwashima's characters have. let's wait and see people! :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Erisie

Raikoh wrote:or pissing herself with fear.
I didn't notice that the first time. Interesting detail, I must day. However...
Spoiler
...considering the show's record thus far, something tells me that it was put there for fetishistic reasons first and foremost.
Compass

Bahaha, this series is great. Though, to be honest, this episode reminded me very much of Love Hina. Poor Tusk.