Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Post Reply
User avatar
Soma Taozi
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Soma Taozi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:07 pm

LightningCount wrote: I'm still hoping for Count Keteratesse and his Geryon Kat to come back. But with all three Counts surviving this episode (two new, one old), I'm not sure they'll be able to fit him in. Then again, his sole line in Season 1 was something like "swear allegiance, or be annihilated." So, maybe he'll emerge as one of the dissenters to Slaine. That would be awesome. Especially since there is supposedly a prequel/side-story manga ongoing in Japan where he plays a part (that's where I got the official names of him and his mecha from via Wikipedia.) I get the impression that he is a Count of leadership more in the league of Cruhteo.
It is possible that something is going to happen to him during that side-story, so the writers decided not to use him for the canon material...You should be prepared for Count Keteratesse to be relegated to just a mysterious person who disappeared during the timeskip and whose fate is unknown (unless you read the aforementioned side-story). It certainly wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened in anime.

But then, I have not read the side-story, so I have no idea what it is covering...yet it is a possibility that he already died and the manga (i am assuming it is a manga) will explain why.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020

User avatar
LightningCount
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by LightningCount » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Soma Taozi wrote:
LightningCount wrote: I'm still hoping for Count Keteratesse and his Geryon Kat to come back. But with all three Counts surviving this episode (two new, one old), I'm not sure they'll be able to fit him in. Then again, his sole line in Season 1 was something like "swear allegiance, or be annihilated." So, maybe he'll emerge as one of the dissenters to Slaine. That would be awesome. Especially since there is supposedly a prequel/side-story manga ongoing in Japan where he plays a part (that's where I got the official names of him and his mecha from via Wikipedia.) I get the impression that he is a Count of leadership more in the league of Cruhteo.
It is possible that something is going to happen to him during that side-story, so the writers decided not to use him for the canon material...You should be prepared for Count Keteratesse to be relegated to just a mysterious person who disappeared during the timeskip and whose fate is unknown (unless you read the aforementioned side-story). It certainly wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened in anime.

But then, I have not read the side-story, so I have no idea what it is covering...yet it is a possibility that he already died and the manga (i am assuming it is a manga) will explain why.
Soma, you may very well be right. :( The thought has crossed my mind. I know a number of recent Gundam shows love to pull stuff like that, but it irks me a great deal, teasing a character and then relegating them to side materials. From the limited info online in English, I haven't been able to figure out what time frame the manga takes place in. It sounds like it takes place during the first Vers/Earth war that Lt. Marito fought in, which would technically mean that Count Keteratesse can't die (since he's in Season 1). The "villains"/main characters seem to be a young pair of twin girls, Viscountess Libertina and Viscountess Libitina, who serve under Count Keteratesse using a single Kat dubbed Acidalia. However, this manga may just start out as a prequel and carry on through the main series, much like the Gundam 00 side-story manga.

I think I'm so caught up on this point because they've gone out of their way to bring back the other two previously unnamed Counts that were featured in S1/Episode 2's initial Vers attack on Earth alongside Count Keteratesse. And moreover, one of those Counts, Sebring, is still alive at this point and is causing trouble with his lightning-powered Kat. The writers brought so many new Counts/Orbital Knights to prominence in Season 2 that they could have thrown out all of the MIA Counts of S1, but they've already brought back two of three, which made me anxious to get that sense of full-circle closure in terms of S1 details. I just think it's cool to acknowledge what's been shown on screen; it creates a sense that the creators really did have both seasons planned out from the beginning (which we know is not true, but the illusion of that is enhanced by pulling together all the past resources with those of the present.)

EDIT: I did a little more research. The manga does take place concurrent to the series mostly. It may very well be that Count Keteratesse meets his end during this. :( There was a thread I read on another site that stated Slaine and Sauzbaum talked in Episode 13 about how the Beijing Landing Castle fell. I do not remember that statement, but that was Count Keteratesse's Landing Castle. So...I'm probably out of luck.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone

User avatar
Compass
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Compass » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm

This series acknowledged its predictability at the beginning of the second season and now destroys us by continually throwing twists at us. Complete and utter madness.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex

User avatar
Wellman
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Wellman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Man, I REALLY miss when series weren't just planned around this 12-13 style per season that they are now. This show (and G-Reco) seems like it could really use a full 50 or so episodes and with these twists, I know we aren't going to get the full payoff that it has the potential to do with more time.


Great episode, but damn the Earth military are a bunch of bums.

User avatar
LightningCount
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by LightningCount » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Another really good episode. If there was any doubt, the series has recaptured the magic of Season 1. But with so few episodes left, it's bittersweet. Not really excited by the idea of a final space duel vs. Harklight and Slaine right now, though. Maybe there will be another twist.
Spoiler
Show
The turn of events with the princesses could have gone in so many directions. I was a little surprised the safe conclusion of confinement was chosen. What is Cruhteo's son showing up for this late?! I sense my much-wanted Dr. Troyard/Heaven's Fall reveals on the horizon here. Here is a bizarre idea I've had since S1...might one of Vers' emperors BE Dr. Troyard in a Escaflowne-style emperor twist?
Anyway, with the three Count team...
Spoiler
Show
going down for the count, you see that they could have used Count Keteratesse's help. :wink: I just can't let sleeping dogs lie, especially since I haven't had any confirmation about his fate in the manga side-story yet. Hope springs...
Wait...where's the desert Count? He wasn't in this episode...

I wonder if the new loadout for the Deucalion includes any new Aldnoah-powered surprises, like maybe a captured Kat?
Wellman wrote:Man, I REALLY miss when series weren't just planned around this 12-13 style per season that they are now. This show (and G-Reco) seems like it could really use a full 50 or so episodes and with these twists, I know we aren't going to get the full payoff that it has the potential to do with more time.

Great episode, but damn the Earth military are a bunch of bums.
Totally agreed. I felt the same way back with Gundam 00, honestly. But definitely going to miss Aldnoah.Zero's world. Maybe the side-story manga convering additional material will help, but I somehow doubt that'll get an official release outside of Japan. Maybe we can still get an OVA or Movie spinoff/sequel if it does well (and if the TV ending warrants it).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone

domino
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by domino » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51 am

It's painful to see Nao consistently out-smart the Martians with basic tactics.

There really is no way he should've been able to take out the electric Kat that easily - but it was smart to attack from above since he wouldn't be grounded but to become equipotential so easily and at that distance? Really now....

It seems like the Martians have no combat experience outside of playing with the different features of their expensive toys and the Earth defence's best super-tactical computer thingamajiggie is in Nao's eye.

If not for the characters, these battles would be completely irksome

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Amion » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:35 am

LightningCount wrote:Another really good episode. If there was any doubt, the series has recaptured the magic of Season 1. But with so few episodes left, it's bittersweet. Not really excited by the idea of a final space duel vs. Harklight and Slaine right now, though. Maybe there will be another twist.
Spoiler
Show
The turn of events with the princesses could have gone in so many directions. I was a little surprised the safe conclusion of confinement was chosen. What is Cruhteo's son showing up for this late?! I sense my much-wanted Dr. Troyard/Heaven's Fall reveals on the horizon here. Here is a bizarre idea I've had since S1...might one of Vers' emperors BE Dr. Troyard in a Escaflowne-style emperor twist?
Anyway, with the three Count team...
Spoiler
Show
going down for the count, you see that they could have used Count Keteratesse's help. :wink: I just can't let sleeping dogs lie, especially since I haven't had any confirmation about his fate in the manga side-story yet. Hope springs...
Wait...where's the desert Count? He wasn't in this episode...

I wonder if the new loadout for the Deucalion includes any new Aldnoah-powered surprises, like maybe a captured Kat?
Wellman wrote:Man, I REALLY miss when series weren't just planned around this 12-13 style per season that they are now. This show (and G-Reco) seems like it could really use a full 50 or so episodes and with these twists, I know we aren't going to get the full payoff that it has the potential to do with more time.

Great episode, but damn the Earth military are a bunch of bums.
Totally agreed. I felt the same way back with Gundam 00, honestly. But definitely going to miss Aldnoah.Zero's world. Maybe the side-story manga convering additional material will help, but I somehow doubt that'll get an official release outside of Japan. Maybe we can still get an OVA or Movie spinoff/sequel if it does well (and if the TV ending warrants it).
Having never seen Escaflown, Count, I may be wrong to say this but I don't see how Slaine's father would be the/an Emperor of Vers. He'd have been Prince Slaine all this time and would have Aldnoah rights. though I believe his father is indeed partially responsible for Heaven's Fall and princess' father dying in the process.

This was a great episode, and Slaine continues to impress me.
Spoiler
Show
"I am no longer a citizen of the Vers Empire", was such an interesting statement from him. Does this mean he's essentially saying his new world and its government are his new allegiance, or is he alluding to the fact that he's basically Emperor-to-be? :) After all, he's "engaged".
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

User avatar
LightningCount
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by LightningCount » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Amion wrote:Having never seen Escaflown, Count, I may be wrong to say this but I don't see how Slaine's father would be the/an Emperor of Vers. He'd have been Prince Slaine all this time and would have Aldnoah rights. though I believe his father is indeed partially responsible for Heaven's Fall and princess' father dying in the process.

This was a great episode, and Slaine continues to impress me.
Spoiler
Show
"I am no longer a citizen of the Vers Empire", was such an interesting statement from him. Does this mean he's essentially saying his new world and its government are his new allegiance, or is he alluding to the fact that he's basically Emperor-to-be? :) After all, he's "engaged".
Well, don't worry, it's not one-to-one, so I haven't spoiled Escaflowne for you, except to let you know that there are "twists." I will see if there are any correlations as we continue.

...But wasn't there an odd scene in Season 1 where Slaine had activation rights once when he had no business having them? (Unless it was because of the princess kiss many years earlier that saved his life?) That being said, what I was referring to here was the possibility that Dr. Troyard was either the first emperor for unlocking the secrets of Aldnoah (and met with some tragic or nefarious end) that left Slaine in a lurch, or he has secretly assumed the role of emperor, and can't let that on because of his "commoner" background. Basically, Slaine could be a male Lemrina, and doesn't know it for one reason or another. Hmm...as I work this through, it doesn't make too much sense...but I get this feeling that Dr. Troyard was/is more powerful than we've been led to believe. I mean, if Dr. Troyard was key in discovering/unlocking the Aldnoah power, wouldn't he have had to be someone important? We already know that he meant a great deal to Sauzbaum, and now Cruhteo's son is speaking of him with some reverence.

Anyway, I think either one of your thoughts on Slaine's dialogue could be correct. Very interesting, especially if it's the first meaning.
domino wrote:It's painful to see Nao consistently out-smart the Martians with basic tactics.

There really is no way he should've been able to take out the electric Kat that easily - but it was smart to attack from above since he wouldn't be grounded but to become equipotential so easily and at that distance? Really now....

It seems like the Martians have no combat experience outside of playing with the different features of their expensive toys and the Earth defence's best super-tactical computer thingamajiggie is in Nao's eye.

If not for the characters, these battles would be completely irksome
There is some irksome qualities about it, yes. The way they had enough ammunition left to take out the final Kat with that blitz of fire seemed the most fishy to me, personally. Plus, there's the fact that Nao is at the center of every victory it seems (sans the one I can presume happened against Count Keteratesse in-between Season 1 and 2 in Beijing in the manga.) But...I have to say, despite these issues, the battles are entertaining in their execution. I like how formations and strategies are used, which hasn't been used a lot in recent mecha anime. I could be mistaken, but I have to go back to stuff like 08th MS Team and Gasaraki in my mind for anything similar in terms of frequency of usage. Maybe Argevollen has this, but I've only seen one episode (it actually seems to be very good, and may do similar things. I have very high hopes for that series).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone

User avatar
Wellman
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Wellman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:08 pm

domino wrote:It's painful to see Nao consistently out-smart the Martians with basic tactics.

There really is no way he should've been able to take out the electric Kat that easily - but it was smart to attack from above since he wouldn't be grounded but to become equipotential so easily and at that distance? Really now....

It seems like the Martians have no combat experience outside of playing with the different features of their expensive toys and the Earth defence's best super-tactical computer thingamajiggie is in Nao's eye.

If not for the characters, these battles would be completely irksome
You are correct.

Most of the Martians aren't any more experienced at fighting outside of a simulator probably then the Earth forces. Most of the Orbital Knights are inherited positions along with their Aldnoah powered weapons, and given the probable ages of the Orbital Knights we have seen, majority of them probably had just got their first taste of action or were children just before Heaven's Fall.

The experience they do have is more used to going in and dominating a battle then actually having to adapt. As such because of Nao being able to rationally view their abilities and deduce counters he (and Marito against Mazuurek or whatever) have been able to catch them off guard and counter. The majority of the Earth forces usually are dying crapping their pants after encountering a orbital knight or failing to recognize the power they are facing or even knowing about about Aldnoah because the government covered it up previously.

Nao's eye is the anomaly of this show from the Earth tech side however, it seems to do everything to the point I'd almost wouldn't be surprised if they said it was powered by a micro-Aldnoah engine they put in his brain. But jeez they really keep hammering in about how the Earth military outside of one prototype ship and its young crew is garbage. You'd hope they show a least ONE sensible leader on the Earth military side.

User avatar
Kyuzo Aoi
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Kyuzo Aoi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Spoiler
Show
I was surprised that Slaine had both the Vers half-siblings under house arrest.
I am a Gundam!

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Amion » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I was surprised that Slaine had both the Vers half-siblings under house arrest.
True, but I think his statement was a great tag of dialogue for the execution of that move.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

domino
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by domino » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:20 am

I don't see a big issue with the Deucalion being portrayed as the sole "capable" crew of the Earth defence. It happens all the time in anime
Wellman wrote: Most of the Martians aren't any more experienced at fighting outside of a simulator probably then the Earth forces. Most of the Orbital Knights are inherited positions along with their Aldnoah powered weapons, and given the probable ages of the Orbital Knights we have seen, majority of them probably had just got their first taste of action or were children just before Heaven's Fall.
What I DO have a problem with - and I'm surprised that others don't - is that the Martians do not seem to learn. Despite the fact that they may not like each other, they've heard of the "orange Kat" so why are they only NOW willing to use some kind of tactics against the Earth defence? Why do they continue to fight without any backup? Why don't they gang up all of their Kats on the Earth defence HQ? Why is it so easy to critically damage the Deucalion but they've never done that (or even attempted to do it) before?

Why is it that the Martians are completely inept except for when an outsider (Slaine) tells them about basic tactics????

I sincerely hope that we don't see more crap from Nao and his eye. It's one thing to be able to analyze surroundings, detect altitude, etc but to be able to see through LAYERS OF ATMOSPHERIC DISTURBANCE with lens that could not possibly have that focal depth/length is seriously ridiculous. His eye was getting better resolution than a FREAKING SATELLITE.

Yes, it's cool but Nao has been placed firmly in the Gary Stu role and is almost as bad as Kira Yamato at this point (except Kira was also given a "God" machine while Nao continues to pose in a trainer mecha - insult to injury)

User avatar
Soma Taozi
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Soma Taozi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I realize that it probably will not happen...but anyone know if there is going to be a season 3? Maybe they will finish up with Earth and go to Mars? I would love to see some combat on that red planet and we could get some awesome deep space battles as well.

It might be a sequel series or something...maybe dealing with a mix of old and new characters?

I just feel that there is a lot to wrap up in 3 episodes if we want to be satisfied with the story...and Mars is a big part of the story we don't really know about. Are there more Princesses and Princes? Did the King die? I would love to see more of the way of life in the Vers Empire...although this is probably just wishful thinking on my part...just don't want to be unsatisfied in a Valvrave kind of way at the end of Aldnoah.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020

User avatar
Destiny_Gundam
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Canada, eh.
Contact:

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:11 pm

The Emperor is still alive... Though his voice actor just died.

Other than him the two princesses are the only royalty left... supposedly. The emperor only had one son who died when the Moon exploded with Asseylum as the only officially recognised heir. Since they added Lemrina I suppose there could be more illegitimate kids running around.

The series was planned from the start to be two parts so I doubt there'll be a sequel anytime soon. There really isn't that much that needs to be done. Slaine needs to be taken down and once the princess is free she can reveal the truth and call for the fighting to end.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

User avatar
LightningCount
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by LightningCount » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Soma Taozi wrote:I realize that it probably will not happen...but anyone know if there is going to be a season 3? Maybe they will finish up with Earth and go to Mars? I would love to see some combat on that red planet and we could get some awesome deep space battles as well.

It might be a sequel series or something...maybe dealing with a mix of old and new characters?

I just feel that there is a lot to wrap up in 3 episodes if we want to be satisfied with the story...and Mars is a big part of the story we don't really know about. Are there more Princesses and Princes? Did the King die? I would love to see more of the way of life in the Vers Empire...although this is probably just wishful thinking on my part...just don't want to be unsatisfied in a Valvrave kind of way at the end of Aldnoah.
As has been said, the series wasn't really structured properly for Season 3...even though it could theoretically still be done. In the end, for better or worse, the creators decided this was about a love triangle, and the ideals carried within it, rather than the nitty-gritty of the wider worldview. Unlike in Fafner Exodus, where things expanded out to include groups like the Perseus and Argo units, Aldnoah Zero has kept its cast rather intimate and also rather stagnant to highlight the main personal conflict. The drama around Marito and Magbaredge has really fizzled out, for example, and we hardly see the doctor or Yuki except parenthetically. Moreover, Inaho is basically an avatar for the "hero" at this point in terms of his usage and development. I think this series has other strengths to compensate for these things, but it is a disappointment when one stops to think about the wider potential (some of it you mentioned, Soma). There were several crossroads, in my opinion, especially episodes 8 and 13, that bottlenecked the series. But I'll leave it at that for now.

As an aside...I did some more research, and as of the end of side-story manga volume 1, Count Keteratesse is still alive. I watched episode 13, where it was said to hint at his end, and Beijing was not specifically mentioned as the fallen castle. Though, considering they showed the other Kats from S1 who would return other than him, and mentioned fallen castles in East Asia and Eurasia, one should probably infer that the fallen castle was Keteratesse. I heard in the manga that he was not a fan of Cruhteo's, by the way, whom he found shameless.

Speaking of Cruhteo...might his son have some stake (or familial interest) in the Tharsis? Is that going to be contentious with Slaine now.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:The Emperor is still alive... Though his voice actor just died.
I predict the Emperor will still have a part to play in the end.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone

User avatar
Destiny_Gundam
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Canada, eh.
Contact:

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Yeah, they would have recorded all of his lines already.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

User avatar
Wellman
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Wellman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Yeah, but since season one, they have had the Emperor as pretty passive and easily swayed. Frankly, despite what has been recently stated in the show as soon as the most recent episode and the fact that they likely have his lines recorded, I suspect he really isn't going to live to see the end of series despite being no where near the fighting.
Spoiler
Show
So not only can it wirelessly hack enemy bases, but it can also hijack Inaho's ability to speak and confessed for him to the princess.
Inaho being part machine is fine with me, hell I find it hilarious and sort of wished that was originally the case which shut people up about why he acts like does. I just wish they'd spent some time discussing the technology or go the One Piece route and hype the mad genius that created his cyber-magic eye earlier on.

Oh, well I can only hope a get a great mecha battle and decent resolution from this at the end. Sort of doubt it in terms of getting a resolution but I can't think of mecha series that has given me that in recent years.

User avatar
LightningCount
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by LightningCount » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 pm

My first impression is that I'm not a huge fan of episode 22.
Spoiler
Show
It was very competent, with some visual gunfight callbacks to Char's Counterattack and Gundam 00 S2 it felt like, but I was hoping Cruhteo Jr. would have a little more to say that would move the plot in a more daring direction. And where in the world did Count Mazuurek go to? Unless, of course, he's the one who tipped off Cruhteo Jr. to show up and investigate. Even so...surprised he's not shown at this late a time. I thought the transition to Slaine fighting Inaho to suddenly getting Tharsis up and about was too convenient and anti-climatic. Also, I thought Inaho's eye talk was about to give a big twist reveal--like, he is a sleeper agent for another Count or some unseen Earth government member...but that was not the case. It was just a way to say "I love you." Clever, but a bit underwhelming.

Maybe we will have a Movie sequel or Season 3, but if not, I'm not sure this will be able to hit all the notes one might like; though, honestly, even if it had a Season 3 or Movie, I'm not sure, given the pacing of S2 and the lack of game-changing twists recently, that there's enough compelling material to tie to these characters that would warrant the trip to a Season 3. (And no, Harklight's Counterattack would not be a welcome twist. :wink:) Speaking of which, Harklight and Barouhcruz kind of bore me in terms of "big baddies"; I'm not really looking forward to their inevitable space duels. After all the would-be final duels with Slaine and Inaho...I kind of feel the same way there, too. Now that I think about it, the way things are set up after episode 22, the only thing story-wise I'm interested in at this point in terms of the climax are some twists regarding Dr. Troyard, or the situation on Vers, or the nature of Aldnoah. All of the other scenarios have fizzled for me... I think I thought Episode 22 might turn everything on its head by totally upending Slaine's plans early, to make way for a different ending. But that hasn't fully materialized. Side note: While they are interesting in terms of ideas, I rarely if ever really find this show's space battles to be as compelling as the ground battles. Not sure why that is. Slaine's duel with the Count whose Kat is now Harklight's was probably the best one, overall.

By the way, Count Barouhcruz's machine, in action, brought to mind Gundam X's NRX-011 Britova. Also, I thought the Deucalion was about to pull a SDF-1 Macross with its shifting parts.

A lot of random reactions, but that's my two cents.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone

User avatar
Lord Dearche
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Lord Dearche » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 am

Where are people getting the MSG thing with the gun fight? It was just a gun fight in space. MSG was a fight turned into a sword fight in some cheesy spave living room. Where it was just a short scene where the 2 coincidentally said some words, then were interupted. I think people are looking too into things just to find a reference.

Also best part of the episode: Nao needed to create an automated response message system in order to convey his feelings to the princess.

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Post by Amion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm

I don't get much of a MSG reference from that scene, no. And recall that Zeon culture called for rooms like that. It's entirely consistent with how Zeon decor is shown.

That aside, I think the reason Nao did that was because he thought the robot eye would put the words to her more emotionally then he ever could. :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

Post Reply