Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

I'm sure Asseylum will vouch for him once they pull his ass out of the ocean.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

PS, it wasn't said specifically, but the brass nameplate behind the bridge clearly reads Deucalion.

I'd never read the myth before, but apparently, Deucalion was son of Prometheus and saved his family by building a chest. A Greek Noah, if you will. Somewhat fitting that the last hope for humanity is literally a Martian-technology ship.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Guys, I've discovered Inaho's true motive for his actions at the end! :lol:
Compass

Manly tears were shed this episode. Also, Calm is a total bro.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is "Ready my Tharsis" a running gag?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
PowerdGNFlag

Compass wrote:Manly tears were shed this episode. Also, Calm is a total bro.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is "Ready my Tharsis" a running gag?
Not a running gag but rather a Chekhov's Kataphrakt. See how either of the two shonens will get it in a crucial point in the plot.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
EZero8

The end to episode 9 made me laugh. Stranded on ice because you (seemingly) offed the source powering your flying ship. That's a serious case of Darwin-ing yourself there.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
FieryBlitz

Well, sh*t's hit the fan rather quickly. I hope the attempted assassination on the princess was a failure. I swear, if I find out anyone liked that scene because it involved two naked girls, I will personally hunt you down and Bright Slap you to kingdom come. Just pointing that out right now.

Also, now it's just impossible to blame the guy leading the assassination. For Christ's sake, it was for revenge on a royal family that has left Mars' civilization in a state of stagnation.
Compass

Everyone last Week: "Clearly, Saazbaum is going to pretend to be a loyalist to get Slaine to fight with him."

Sauzbamm: I'm the traitor.

Everyone this week. What the F___?!

Yeah, I hope the princess is alive. It'd be an interesting twist, but too cruel for me to enjoy.
Amion

Considering that it would be a move beyond bold to actually kill off the main heroine, the primary plot device driving the ship's crystal ball reactor, and leave everyone stranded helplessly until a replacement Aldnoah princess could be obtained, I'd say not a chance on Mars or Earth.

Also, Sauzbaam just went up several notches in my book. Suddenly he's got a legit reason, and even trope of grabbing a knife blade like that came off flawlessly. If only the facial expressions weren't so bland, but in this case it doesn't effect the scene, since he appears to be a very controlled and steely man.

I'm hoping poor Slaine catches a break soon and joins the heroes on their journey. Him having a Kataphract would certainly shorten the trip to Jabur-I mean, HQ.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
wielder

I think it's a little too early to take what Sauzbaam said purely at face value.

Even if he's not outright lying, the guy might be saying half-truths just to get Slaine on his side.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Amion

I wonder if Slaine will really care whether Sauzbaam is after some noble ideal or not. He seems awfully loyal to Assylum-sama.
Destiny_Gundam

FieryBlitz wrote:I swear, if I find out anyone liked that scene because it involved two naked girls, I will personally hunt you down and Bright Slap you to kingdom come. Just pointing that out right now.
Don't go to Pixiv, then.
FieryBlitz

Spoiler
Well... This week's episode has turned out to be pretty heavy.

The incident in the showers, Saazbaum's motivation for turning traitor and what sparked it in the first place, and Magbaredge discovering just how traumatized Koichiro was of the incident.

We FINALLY get to see the Tharsis, and it looks like Slain's going to be the one that inherits the machine. Here's hoping he joins the good guys with an admittedly cool looking robot.

This episode also made me realize just what kind of character Inaho is supposed to be. This might just be me making a pretty bad comparison, but I think he's this show's equivalent to R. Dorothy Wayneright from Big O. He doesn't express emotion, rather, you have to figure it out through his speech, take his dialogue and translate what he's feeling from there. By the way, many points to Inaho for stopping Rayet before she pulled the trigger.

Asseylum survived, now let's just see if Rayet can pull herself together to help the others when Saazbaum's forces arrive.

EDIT: Also, TVtropes' laconic page on Tales of Hearts is surprisingly accurate here. Love made Saazbaum evil.
Last edited by FieryBlitz on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amion

Woo there. Spoiler tag please.
Last edited by Amion on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FieryBlitz

Whoops! Sorry! That was entirely my fault! Though I'm not sure if the spoiler means anything now consider there's a quote of the whole thing right under it.
Amion

Hahaha, yep. That's me. :mrgreen:
Compass

Man, there sure are an awful lot of conveniences in this show, to be honest. Nothing like being able to grab and jam a pistol instantly from in front, right?
Ryujin

Poor Slaine. He's always either figuratively or literally one step behind.
FieryBlitz

I really hope Rayet and Ellelrittou don't get killed. Those two are just great, among the many other characters.
Compass

You know, it was awfully convenient of Count Saazbaum to bring Tharsis on board his castle deactivated. I thought he was gonna give it to Slaine and all, but looks like Slaine ended up with yet another Skycarrier. I wonder what's going to happen to the Tharsis now :lol: