Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lord Dearche

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

The new season finally started.......So uh, yeah...
Spoiler
NO ONE actually died. Nao just becomes a cyborg and returns as Big Boss. Slaine goes beyond a douche bag to douche nozel.
http://i.imgur.com/0cys8YT.jpg

And they certainlly have an interesting way to start the new season after the how the first ended....
http://i.imgur.com/2R4KxYX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZEBb7En.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wGAm8dm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JjkryZY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hXSvKBy.jpg
Amion

*Looks* Uh-huh. This makes...perfect anime sense. *Facepalms.*

How was the actual episode? Good? Bad? Is it a flashback dump to catch us up to speed to this...vista? *Slams fist on table* TELL ME! *Goes to watch*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

I'm glad they didn't drag out the mystery of what happened after the end of last season. They didn't waste time with uncessesary recap either so it feels like it never left.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Lord Dearche

I thought it was good. They didn't drag on and just flat out revealed all of the aftermath from the clif hanger, and also Nao's return was badd ass. Rayet is still love.

And Not wearing her issued uniform because it wasn't cute was the greatest reasoning ever.
Compass

Lord Dearche wrote:The new season finally started.......So uh, yeah...
Spoiler
NO ONE actually died. Nao just becomes a cyborg and returns as Big Boss. Slaine goes beyond a douche bag to douche nozel.
http://i.imgur.com/0cys8YT.jpg

And they certainlly have an interesting way to start the new season after the how the first ended....
http://i.imgur.com/2R4KxYX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZEBb7En.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wGAm8dm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JjkryZY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hXSvKBy.jpg
I didn't ask for this, but that doesn't mean I didn't approve of it :lol:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Xenosynth

... I'm actually a bit unhappy right now. I really had legitimate hope that they'd not have made the ending to the last season rather meaningless. But... well, it feels like it was mostly meaningless now and just a shock ending. I'll probably still watch it after a few episodes but just really disappointed at that.
latenlazy

Hate to say this but...I called it.
Lord Dearche

Everyone did. The two big what ifs were Nao and the princess, and it was blatantly obvious they weren't going to kill 2 of the 5 main characters in the cast. (Nao/Rayet/Princess/Slain/Saucebum).

Plus the VAs kinda gave it away ages ago.
latenlazy

Lord Dearche wrote:Everyone did. The two big what ifs were Nao and the princess, and it was blatantly obvious they weren't going to kill 2 of the 5 main characters in the cast. (Nao/Rayet/Princess/Slain/Saucebum).

Plus the VAs kinda gave it away ages ago.
Cheap writing.
zetatype

Xenosynth wrote:... I'm actually a bit unhappy right now. I really had legitimate hope that they'd not have made the ending to the last season rather meaningless. But... well, it feels like it was mostly meaningless now and just a shock ending. I'll probably still watch it after a few episodes but just really disappointed at that.
To be honest I felt like S1's ending was already meaningless and just for shock even before this episode raised those two from the dead. Overall I didn't I didn't feel like their "deaths" contributed anything meaningful to the story or its themes.

I actually prefer that they are still alive if only because it means the show can maybe improve their characters and because I don't think Slaine can carry the majority of this show on his own.
Destiny_Gundam

Ending things on a dramatic cliffhanger before a long break is pretty standard practice. Got to make your audience want to come back, after all. Yeah, it's kind of cheap but hardly a deal breaker.

Besides, it still has some impact on the story proper.
Spoiler
Inaho doesn't know the princess is still alive, for instance. And it has resulted in her being out of commission in a tube.
Lord Dearche

Spoiler
He saw her on the braodcast and also most was most likely told by his sister that Sleighyn took her away. So he probably knows she's alive. The real question is whether he's already noticed the one giving the speech is a fake. he probably does.

The episode also confirmed the general theory from last season that Slayne was give the Aldnoa right when the princess kissed him for no reason in the flash back. Likewise Nao now has it from when he gave her CPR.
Also it's important to remember something about the season one ending and how this season handled it. There was never actually anything originally planned for season 2 for them to base their ending on. The directors, writers, staff etc had flat out said in interviews that they had nothing planned at all.
Compass

Pretty sure he already knows that
Spoiler
the princess is fake. She did tell Asselyum about the true reason the skies were blue. Remember when she got all puffy about it on the carrier?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Lord Dearche

Spoiler
Yeah it pretty much gave it away off the bat. Good thing that Slayn is a total idiot. Semi related at the same time, he was shot in the head. We still don't know the extent of the damage brain wise and if he has any memory loss and the like. It was more than simply losing an eye seeing as he was out of action for almost 2 years.
Calubin_175

Spoiler
Official website says that Meer Campbell is another one of the Emperor's granddaughters, possibly a cousin of Assylum.
Destiny_Gundam

Lord Dearche wrote:
Spoiler
He saw her on the braodcast and also most was most likely told by his sister that Sleighyn took her away. So he probably knows she's alive. The real question is whether he's already noticed the one giving the speech is a fake. he probably does.
Spoiler
It's clear that he knows it's a fake, but that doesn't mean he knows the real one is alive. He did see her get shot in the head.
Calubin_175 wrote:
Spoiler
Official website says that Meer Campbell is another one of the Emperor's granddaughters, possibly a cousin of Assylum.
Spoiler
Not possible, since the emperor only had the one son, and he only had the one daughter. One officially recognised, anyways. She's probably an illegitimate child.
Mythgarr

So, Inaho just being Inaho but with cyborg enhancements and given the stupidest Worf as villain to slay, and they are pulling a Destiny with the princess....
why am I watching this again?
Visit The Dreams
SonicSP

So I just rewatched the first season today with my friend. I liked this series before but my opinion of it improved after the rewatch. I have to say I even enjoyed the cast even more.

My opinions of the battles did go down a little with the rewatch (mainly the second and third battles) though still like them as a whole. Inaho is a little bit too OP though, weak Kat or not.

Strangely enough, I feel like the later parts of Season 1 is the stronger part of the series, which probably means I would disagree with the series becoming bad at some point. I do have issues with it, usually Inaho related but I like it quite a bit. Just feel like more things could be explored of the technology and the historical background but I guess given the episode count it can be a bit hard.

Also watched the first episode of the second season.

Episode 13 Spoilers
Spoiler
I liked the battle at the beginning. Really remind me of a typical Gundam space battle, even with the pink beam fired by the Tharsis.

There's a part of me that's disappointed that both the princess and Inaho survived though. Still it's interesting to see where things would head. Not exactly sure what Slaine is up to but whatever his viewpoint is he'll probably go back to the Princess' "real" philosophy at some point. I mean the princes is THERE, and so would he. I can't see him betraying her when faced to face with the real her at his side; after her eventual awakening anyways.

I think things would be interesting if the Princess actually died though I doubt it's going to happen now.
Still I'm excited for Season 2. Finally a mecha show I'm excited about to watch week to week.
Lord Dearche

Spoiler
At this point, I can see Slain easily going against her ideals. It seems to be one of those cases where as long as she's alive some how, that's all that matters to him even if she hates him for it. Which considering what he did to Nao, she probably will. At the same time, Slain for what he is seems like the type of character that wouldn't just outright betray and abandon the other princess that's impersonating her, since it seems he's befriended her similar to what's her name.

Overall though let us not for get that Season 1 outright proved that Slain is a stupid, STUPID mother ****er that can do nothing right.
Personally I'm enjoying the show and going to continue to enjoy the show. Yes it has its problems but screw it. I'm watching this for entertainment. I'm not expecting some masterpiece of a story and writing.
SonicSP

Spoiler
I kinda liked Slain for the most part. Maybe not now since he turned evil but I liked him for most of S1. Maybe not for what he did during the last scene though.

I would like to see Inaho struggle more in S2. I'm fine if he wins but would like to see him challenged more; even if he technically did lose the final S1 battle. There's a part of me that wished that he didn't got out of the final battle unscathed to make things interesting (come on, an occasional headache at least). I mean aside from the new eye of course. I knew when he first spoke out of his robot in Episode 13 that I got the impression that he got amnesia though that didn't appear to be the case a few sentences after that.