Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lord Dearche

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Nao-Kun is a genius student who likes cooking eggs in different ways. Such as scrambled, over easy, omelets, sunny side up, and others. And yes, this is entirely canon and his favorite hobby.
The show has yet to point out anything the eye actually does in combat.
You mean aside from quick analysis of trajectory, advanced computations, highspeed calculations and data analysis, intelligence gathering and Logistics?

Because yeah, real combat as absolutely nothing to do with any of that.
Mythgarr

Egh. Enough for me. Inaho's haxness is too much for me.
Let me know if they have kill him for real this time.
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Really? This is what makes you call it quits? It's by far the least impressive feat he's done.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SonicSP

It was really nice to see Marito and Yuki again. It just occurred to me how much I really like them given how I like their appearances here. I'm not exactly fond of the most of the other supporting characters onboard the Decalion at the moment so it was finally nice to see them again. I'm hoping they would appear more regularly from now on.

Also, it's strange but I'm actually liking Slaine more and more. I think it's because of how scheming he is but there's something about the way he carries with him this episode that made me like him again. I started hating him after what he did during the finale. Hell I may even argue that I like him more than Inaho at this point, even if I don't exactly like or agree with his morals.

Recent episode doesn't feel like it moves things forward as much as the previous three did. I'm really curious on what they're going to do with the rest of the plot because it feels like a lot for something with just another eight or so episodes to go.
Destiny_Gundam

I never disliked Slaine all that much, but I do have to admire how good he is at scheming. He is a bit more interesting to watch in that regard, but I still like Inaho more.

It does further highlight their differences. If Inaho has a weakness it's that he lives in the moment, only planning his way out of situations as he finds himself in them. Slaine is thinking much more long term.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Lord Dearche

My issues with Slain were that in S1, he did nothing right, and everything wrong, and failed at everything. THen there was the BS he pulled in the final episode. He didn't do it to protect the Princess, he did it because he was butt hurt that she made a real friend that's not an idiot like he was. (The atmosphere explination)

This can only end with Nao wrecking his ****, and crushing his hopes and dreams when he wakes up the princess.
Calubin_175

I felt that Inaho vs Slaine draws more parallels from Yang Wen Li vs Reinhard, but this time there is a bit of a love triangle involved. Of course, there is also the magical eye of Lelouch and the honourary citizen knight from Suzaku,
Compass

I liked this episode. Decent storytelling and not a robot of the week in sight.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Lord Dearche

Finally saw it. Looks like thigns are finally progressing plot wise. The princess is starting to act more on her own. Rayet and Inaho both got some good development, especially the former. And finally one of the knights got some screen time as well. This better not turn into some BS plot line where he discovers the truth just to be killed by Slaine.

And ultimately it'll most likely be in fights between the knights that take them down from the inside, though I was calling that since S1.
Amion

Yeah, I can't see the OK falling to the weak Earth forces. Though Inaho's track record is pretty darn good. If they just keep using him I'm sure they'll run out of knights before he's finally stumped with a problem he can't solve.
Spoiler
That, and it looks like Slaine's power is about to start crumbling from the ground up. Once it's learned Saazbaum was a traitorous creature and that he's hiding Hime-sama in a tube things will get dicey.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Wellman

Good episode, moves being made all over the place.
Calubin_175 wrote:I felt that Inaho vs Slaine draws more parallels from Yang Wen Li vs Reinhard, but this time there is a bit of a love triangle involved. Of course, there is also the magical eye of Lelouch and the honourary citizen knight from Suzaku,
Oh I REALLY want to disagree on that, as Yang vs Reinhard, had both on near equal playing field strategically and a bunch of skilled underlings helping them out.

But I see the merit to it, Inaho and Yang are both the strategically superior soldiers/commanders on the less technological or (supposedly) weaker side, and Slaine while obviously not as successful or skilled tactically yet as Reinhard are both on the side with superior fire power with goals toward reformation while still dealing with internal strife from remnants of the old failing guard he is trying to supplant.

I don't think too highly of Slaine since his best quality outside of a mecha that can predict future outcomes over two seasons appears to be shooting superiors and getting away with it. But yeah, that is a much better rivalry comparison then most other mecha shows that I could come up with.
Mythgarr

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Really? This is what makes you call it quits? It's by far the least impressive feat he's done.
No, but the fact that his "feat" is now essentially a deus ex-machina to carry the story forward. His assumptions has no faults, its perfection makes it a broken storytelling machine.
Visit The Dreams
monster

Mythgarr wrote:No, but the fact that his "feat" is now essentially a deus ex-machina to carry the story forward. His assumptions has no faults, its perfection makes it a broken storytelling machine.
That is wrong.

Everything Inaho had done so far had been established prior to the event. It is not a deus ex machina.

And his assumptions are not of the types that would make it unlikely for him to be right.
Compass

The post-credits scene... I wasn't even sure what was going to happen because this anime is so tricky @_@
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Hey guess what? Inaho won some positive points with me this episode! He showed concern for his sister, he worked with a TEAM instead of just soloing it like other protagonists A1 has produced (cough Kirito cough), and best of all, he actually used his eye in a way that I doubt he could have done before (maybe?)...because so far his eye was essentially like giving Luffy in One Piece armor that reflects bullets (probably cool to look at, but ultimately redundant since he is made of rubber).

If the entire show was like this I wouldn't have any problems!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Wellman

It was a very good episode all around for everyone... unless you were born a jerkass VERS Orbital Knight.

Like Soma Taozi stated Inaho showed emotion plus used his eye in interesting unexpected manner, Yuki herself got a moment to shine, Slaine showed he isn't just getting by on his new machine's ability to predict the future, the new Princess whose name I forget showed mercy and a bunch of other stuff.

It will be interesting what becomes of the show with that end of the episode stinger, but given how many episodes it took to get here, I feel like we are in for another rushed ending unless they are getting another season's worth of episodes. All this world building, I can't see us getting a satisfying end. Just hope it isn't as blood drenched and shock value enducing as the last season finale.
Amion

Wellman wrote: Just hope it isn't as blood drenched and shock value enducing as the last season finale.
Why not? Aren't you a fan of traditional mecha anime plot? :)

EDIT after watching:
Spoiler
Well, I wasn't expecting that part at the end. So things are starting to move forward now. Odd that now I feel like it'd been better if
Spoiler
Assaylum stayed comatose. Her sister is a far more compelling and interesting character. And ultimately not a ruthless person, either. Question now is, who gets Troyard Sauzubaam's hand? And how will his house of cards come falling down?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Wellman

Amion wrote:
Wellman wrote: Just hope it isn't as blood drenched and shock value enducing as the last season finale.
Why not? Aren't you a fan of traditional mecha anime plot? :)
I am but when you do that sort of stuff repeatedly it gets old and feels like a waste. Granted the combat of the show has been pretty good, especially seeing the different ways characters counteract abilities that give their opponents the edge but not many of the battles have been as thought out or as long as last season for better or worst. Combine that if all ends with nearly every main character that seemed dead or dying last season plus additional seemingly killed off WTF was the point of season 2?
Lord Dearche

No one actually died last season so it's not like it was really that blood drenched. And again, they had no idea what they were going to do next when they made that ending.
he worked with a TEAM instead of just soloing it like other protagonists A1 has produced (cough Kirito cough),
Kirito was an existing character from a light novel, he has nothing to do with A1 itself.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Lord Dearche wrote: Kirito was an existing character from a light novel, he has nothing to do with A1 itself.
I am aware....that is why I said 'produced.'
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020