Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

I agree Slaine could have avoided the war. But he has people like his servant he wants to liberate from an cruel system he himself suffered under. I respect his desire to do something about it.

Of course, since he's probably the big bad, I expect some horrible moves by him. Course, WWII's shades of gray and all that, make me wonder if even then I'd blame him unless it's truly horrendous.

After all, I'm pretty sure S1 gives some sort of explanation that the Versians aren't allowed to return to earth becasue of population issues? I know that's the same in AGE, but it seems like they did something similar here. Can someone clarify that? Count, you recently watched, do you recall such a statement?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
monster

Amion wrote:I agree Slaine could have avoided the war. But he has people like his servant he wants to liberate from an cruel system he himself suffered under. I respect his desire to do something about it.
Well, with the grandfather being ill and probably not far from death, and the father being dead, Saazbaum had a chance to influence young Asseylum to be a better ruler. And the first step to that was letting Asseylum do what she was doing in episode 1 and hopefully find a way for Earth and Mars to resolve their issues. Instead, Saazbaum decided to take matter into his own and committed treason.

And that's where my problem with Slaine lies. Instead of truly acknowledging Saazbaum's wrongdoing, he sympathizes with Saazbaum just because of what amounts to a sob story. It's not like Slaine himself was not treated badly in the empire, but Slaine should also know that Asseylum is different.

Which brings us to the present. Sure, Slaine may have a good goal in mind, but everything that leads up to it so far just doesn't appeal me to him.
LightningCount

My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Lord Dearche

Someone should tell them anyone who was even interested in it already downloaded it months ago.

Also, tha the suondtrack sucked. Horribly. Most of the music was terrible. And the few good tracks there were, had ONE good part that lasted maybe some 30 damn seconds, then went back to being bad. It was almost as disapointing as Kill la Kill OST1.

Oh look, same composer, what a surprise. After Unicorn he's seemingly stopped trying.
LightningCount

Amion wrote:After all, I'm pretty sure S1 gives some sort of explanation that the Versians aren't allowed to return to earth becasue of population issues? I know that's the same in AGE, but it seems like they did something similar here. Can someone clarify that? Count, you recently watched, do you recall such a statement?
Unfortunately, I do not recall that with regard to Earth, but it's possible given Heaven's Fall. But I do seem to possibly recall a statement along those lines for Mars, that it won't be able to sustain its own population forever with their limited resources.

I'm caught up through episode 15 now. It's not bad by any means--it feels as established as any Gundam show, and it's justified its own reset well enough--but it seems a bit more "traditional"/"predictable" now in its plotting. I feel like some of its charm and identity have been lost. And where have all the Orbital Castles gone that crashed onto Earth? We haven't seen all of those Knights yet. There was one with glasses in Episode 2, I seem to recall, who never made another appearance. For that matter, I thought there were more Orbital Castles in orbit that stayed behind. The Moon rock stations we see now seem to be a different angle than the setup of Season 1. While it makes good use of these, it feels like it clashes a bit with Season 1's world setup (why have such a staging base when you can drop such powerful Castles?). The good news is, the plot is moving swiftly, so hopefully we'll get into more interesting territory than Slaine pulling a Char-type revenge/revolution. All that aside, right now, I'm missing Marito's presence.
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amion

LightningCount wrote:
Amion wrote:After all, I'm pretty sure S1 gives some sort of explanation that the Versians aren't allowed to return to earth becasue of population issues? I know that's the same in AGE, but it seems like they did something similar here. Can someone clarify that? Count, you recently watched, do you recall such a statement?
Unfortunately, I do not recall that with regard to Earth, but it's possible given Heaven's Fall. But I do seem to possibly recall a statement along those lines for Mars, that it won't be able to sustain its own population forever with their limited resources.

I'm caught up through episode 15 now. It's not bad by any means--it feels as established as any Gundam show, and it's justified its own reset well enough--but it seems a bit more "traditional"/"predictable" now in its plotting. I feel like some of its charm and identity have been lost. And where have all the Orbital Castles gone that crashed onto Earth? We haven't seen all of those Knights yet. There was one with glasses in Episode 2, I seem to recall, who never made another appearance. For that matter, I thought there were more Orbital Castles in orbit that stayed behind. The Moon rock stations we see now seem to be a different angle than the setup of Season 1. While it makes good use of these, it feels like it clashes a bit with Season 1's world setup (why have such a staging base when you can drop such powerful Castles?). The good news is, the plot is moving swiftly, so hopefully we'll get into more interesting territory than Slaine pulling a Char-type revenge/revolution. All that aside, right now, I'm missing Marito's presence.
Dare I accuse the studio of this, but maybe they decided to go by way of 00 and make things traditional regardless of the staff's intentions... because not having the orbital castles is indeed a strange absence. Then again, we are only two episodes in and the primary fights have been between the two moonroid bases. It could be that the lunar base is just the primary one and there actually are castles out there.

They did say that some of the dropped castles were destroyed, so maybe they don't want to or can't afford to launch more. A shame, because I agree with you fully that it was a very cool and unique piece of their world building. Here's to future episodes giving us our atmospheric-entry capable flowers. *Raises wine glass*
LightningCount

I just skimmed episode 2 of S1 and the series' wiki, and discovered there are at least three Orbital Knights from Season 1 that are MIA. There locations appeared to be in Beijing, Maputo, and New Orleans. They include a blue fish-looking mecha that has yellow energy tentacles, a red tank-like mecha with an electrical field, and a lanky silver mantis-like mecha with head lasers.

Considering Inaho and crew are the only ones who've seemed effective at taking out Counts and one Castle (barely), how did these other Counts and their Castles fall? (Especially since Inaho was out of action between seasons.) I'm hoping these Counts--one with glasses, one with parted hair (apparently established as "Count Keteratesse" in some gaiden manga), and one with a pompadour will return in S2, and not be forgotten. They were established within the mix of the other Counts featured during Season 1 (they even had dialogue), and their mecha were intriguing. But it's possible the story has taken such a turn that they might not be involved... (EDIT: Maybe the MIA guys were just there to show the "scope" of the Martian attacks, and were never meant to be elaborated on.)

For the record, according to the wiki: "There are 37 Landing Castles orbiting Earth at the beginning of the series. Since the invasion started, 20 have been confirmed to have descended to Earth."

I saw in episode 2 one of the Castles blasting away satellites and such in orbit. So, how is it that this Trident base still exists? Was it a secret? Did it not try to stop any of the descending Castles, or those affecting communications from orbit? The world building has confused me, and Amion's 00 Season 2 analogy is a pretty good one at first blush. (Who knew the Earth even had space forces or space-capable mecha? All of Season 1's anti-Martian prep activity and counterattacks were shown to be land, sea, and/or air-based. I guess we did see that they made the Deucalion...but it apparently never saw service and was a special project) We'll see how the series progresses...

Side thoughts: Tharsus, despite its miraculous abilities, is the most boring of the Martian mecha, so I don't like it hogging the screen time. Even the recent Frozen Elysium was cooler. Marito and Yuki are needed back in the story soon (EDIT: Marito's long-talked about PTSD symptoms and therapy and relationship to the captain was presumably to eventually get him back in the cockpit like Jamil in Gundam X), but there likely needs to be a few more new hero characters and strong villains to keep this show interesting. (Online, there are rumors that Cruhteo himself may yet return from the grave...not sure about that concept at this point. But the most recent two Counts showing themselves have been a bit underwhelming; one of the highlights of Season 1 was how they moved in and out of new Counts with interesting abilities. I liked how they established them in early shots, and then they came into play at just the right moments, like Countess Femieanne. It was somewhat Gun x Sword-ish, but since it was paired with grounded Ryosuke Takahashi-type scenarios, it felt rather fresh and fun.)

Random question: why was one of the new Counts in Episode 15 who kept twirling his hair address as Countess (in the official sub)? Is it really a woman? Or is there a different title naming convention that I don't know about? Or simply a sub mistake?

I'm just feeling a bit disoriented about the series with Season 2 right now. Not trying to bash; just having so many mixed feelings. Like I said earlier, it's not bad, but I'm just wondering how much it intends to transform itself. Right now, I feel like it wants to shore up Slaine and Inaho more than anything. Now that it's done that, maybe it will be able to do more with its established world and story.

(EDIT: I think I had the impression earlier on that the intrigues and battles would play out with Earth as the main theater, dealing with the Castles. If there was a space arc, it'd be at the very end and involve the source of the Aldnoah. But then, I used to think Inaho would be a Martian double-agent, too, loyal to one of the Castles that was rogue from the others. Now that we've settled into a traditional, one-way pattern that looks more like Code Geass, I'm somewhat cautious about any expectations I may have been developing. And I'll throw this out there: some kind of twist like Harklight being the new Ribbons would not be welcome for me. In fact...I just don't like the idea of Slaine getting so much potential power right now...It feels like too easy and predictable of a story route for this series. But it's really too early to know anything for sure; and for what it is, the execution of things so far in S2 has been fine enough.)
Amion

I admit to it: I personally like the Tharsis. Not as cool as some of the other mecha maybe, but I still love the thing like a second Queen Mansa.
Wellman

LightningCount wrote:I just skimmed episode 2 of S1 and the series' wiki, and discovered there are at least three Orbital Knights from Season 1 that are MIA. There locations appeared to be in Beijing, Maputo, and New Orleans. They include a blue fish-looking mecha that has yellow energy tentacles, a red tank-like mecha with an electrical field, and a lanky silver mantis-like mecha with head lasers.

Considering Inaho and crew are the only ones who've seemed effective at taking out Counts and one Castle (barely), how did these other Counts and their Castles fall? (Especially since Inaho was out of action between seasons.) I'm hoping these Counts--one with glasses, one with parted hair (apparently established as "Count Keteratesse" in some gaiden manga), and one with a pompadour will return in S2, and not be forgotten. They were established within the mix of the other Counts featured during Season 1 (they even had dialogue), and their mecha were intriguing. But it's possible the story has taken such a turn that they might not be involved... (EDIT: Maybe the MIA guys were just there to show the "scope" of the Martian attacks, and were never meant to be elaborated on.)

For the record, according to the wiki: "There are 37 Landing Castles orbiting Earth at the beginning of the series. Since the invasion started, 20 have been confirmed to have descended to Earth."

I saw in episode 2 one of the Castles blasting away satellites and such in orbit. So, how is it that this Trident base still exists? Was it a secret? Did it not try to stop any of the descending Castles, or those affecting communications from orbit? The world building has confused me, and Amion's 00 Season 2 analogy is a pretty good one at first blush. (Who knew the Earth even had space forces or space-capable mecha? All of Season 1's anti-Martian prep activity and counterattacks were shown to be land, sea, and/or air-based. I guess we did see that they made the Deucalion...but it apparently never saw service and was a special project) We'll see how the series progresses...

Side thoughts: Tharsus, despite its miraculous abilities, is the most boring of the Martian mecha, so I don't like it hogging the screen time. Even the recent Frozen Elysium was cooler. Marito and Yuki are needed back in the story soon (EDIT: Marito's long-talked about PTSD symptoms and therapy and relationship to the captain was presumably to eventually get him back in the cockpit like Jamil in Gundam X), but there likely needs to be a few more new hero characters and strong villains to keep this show interesting. (Online, there are rumors that Cruhteo himself may yet return from the grave...not sure about that concept at this point. But the most recent two Counts showing themselves have been a bit underwhelming; one of the highlights of Season 1 was how they moved in and out of new Counts with interesting abilities. I liked how they established them in early shots, and then they came into play at just the right moments, like Countess Femieanne. It was somewhat Gun x Sword-ish, but since it was paired with grounded Ryosuke Takahashi-type scenarios, it felt rather fresh and fun.)

Random question: why was one of the new Counts in Episode 15 who kept twirling his hair address as Countess (in the official sub)? Is it really a woman? Or is there a different title naming convention that I don't know about? Or simply a sub mistake?

I'm just feeling a bit disoriented about the series with Season 2 right now. Not trying to bash; just having so many mixed feelings. Like I said earlier, it's not bad, but I'm just wondering how much it intends to transform itself. Right now, I feel like it wants to shore up Slaine and Inaho more than anything. Now that it's done that, maybe it will be able to do more with its established world and story.

(EDIT: I think I had the impression earlier on that the intrigues and battles would play out with Earth as the main theater, dealing with the Castles. If there was a space arc, it'd be at the very end and involve the source of the Aldnoah. But then, I used to think Inaho would be a Martian double-agent, too, loyal to one of the Castles that was rogue from the others. Now that we've settled into a traditional, one-way pattern that looks more like Code Geass, I'm somewhat cautious about any expectations I may have been developing. And I'll throw this out there: some kind of twist like Harklight being the new Ribbons would not be welcome for me. In fact...I just don't like the idea of Slaine getting so much potential power right now...It feels like too easy and predictable of a story route for this series. But it's really too early to know anything for sure; and for what it is, the execution of things so far in S2 has been fine enough.)
As far as Trident base goes, I think they explained it somewhat, the space winds and the asteroid field that surround it make it a difficult target outside of the window when one of the Martian bases orbits passed relatively close...
Spoiler
Until Slaine and the Tharis went solo on it while their defenses were down cleaning up after the battle and blew it all to hell. Although for a second, I though Sazaambum survived due to them not picking anything up on radar until it was right on top of them.

I do agree, I preferred the way the previous season had Inaho actually have to pick up on Orbital Knight's abilities, prepare and then counter before he could take them down. However this is obviously a season that will much more focused on Slaine's ascension and being able to wrap up the Vers storyline as best they can in regards to the war and its society. Hence Slain, the new counts, the new princess and the whole Princess in a jar thing.

Hopefully, they will complete the task of making this one as close as good as the previous season as they possibly can.
Lord Dearche

In the case of Nao's knowledge of the vers units in S2, don't forget they now have a lot of new intil that they didn't have before. Rayet also probably had some important information as well.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

So in the new episode,
Spoiler
Aldnoah admitted that Inaho is the ONLY useful person in the ENTIRE war...that begs the question that I once asked as a joke, but will seriously ask now, "How did the Earth Forces survive when he was in a coma/getting his super-special-awesome eye?"

On the note of that eye, why have it? Inaho was amazing before he got it. I wish we noticed a detectable level of change in his piloting ability. If he was suddenly able to fight by himself in this season while in the previous he worked as a team, that would make sense...but really, the only thing it has done is given him the ability to detect lies and to analyze things without emotion...because that is such a HUGE departure from before. :roll:

I will say that the moment at the start of the episode with his sister was sweet...and when she mentions how he thinks just saying hello over the comm would be okay, if makes me wonder if there really IS something about Inaho's past that would explain why he is the way he is...

I know I have harped on it before, but Aldnoah really needs to give an explanation. It bothers me every time Inaho saves the day (so every episode) because my brain is screaming for a reason he is able to do this stuff.

Oh and the Yuki and Koichiro are back! Yay! I hope they stay around and not-Mu can get with not-Murrue!
And Slaine once again is pure awesome in the episode. Amazing how he gets far less screen time then Inaho, and yet is the most engaging and interesting part of this show. Its like he is an actual character or something.

Wow sorry, I am sassy today.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
monster

Soma Taozi wrote:On the note of that eye, why have it? Inaho was amazing before he got it. I wish we noticed a detectable level of change in his piloting ability. If he was suddenly able to fight by himself in this season while in the previous he worked as a team, that would make sense...but really, the only thing it has done is given him the ability to detect lies and to analyze things without emotion...because that is such a HUGE departure from before. :roll:
The two reasons are to get Inaho back into full strength after his injury and to help against Slaine and his kat's ability, not to mention the other Martians. The eye may provide better and faster calculations to Inaho than just his trainer kat could've done, like in this latest episode.
I know I have harped on it before, but Aldnoah really needs to give an explanation. It bothers me every time Inaho saves the day (so every episode) because my brain is screaming for a reason he is able to do this stuff.
Inaho is good at physics, and now he has a technological eye to help him.
And Slaine once again is pure awesome in the episode. Amazing how he gets far less screen time then Inaho, and yet is the most engaging and interesting part of this show. Its like he is an actual character or something.
It just depends on one's interests. Slaine is certainly good for a topic of discussion, but I personally am more interested in Inaho than Slaine.
Soma Taozi

monster wrote: The two reasons are to get Inaho back into full strength after his injury and to help against Slaine and his kat's ability, not to mention the other Martians. The eye may provide better and faster calculations to Inaho than just his trainer kat could've done, like in this latest episode.
I am talking less about the logic in the show and more about the writing. If this was real life, you would want to get Inaho back to full strength.

But my point is that their has been little to no change in Inaho's fighting ability, so much so that it calls the entire eye into question from a writing stand-point. Why did the writers give him an advanced eye? Just to look cool (yes)? The show has yet to point out anything the eye actually does in combat. Its like if Andy in Gundam Seed Destiny showing the fans that he has a gun arm...only to never use it in combat.

We ASSUME that the eye COULD help him make faster calculations. But we have yet to really see that in action. It seems like the eye only exists for Inaho to look awesome...that's all. Could this change? Maybe...but it really seems like the whole point is for him to know that the the Princess is alive. That's all. And for such a massive part of his character design...it really is just a plot device. And a silly one at that.

monster wrote:Inaho is good at physics, and now he has a technological eye to help him.
You have said that before...and that makes absolutely no sense. Does no one take physics in the future? Is only Inaho learning about this "lost art of science" such to the point that EVERYONE is so surprised when he makes things that people twice his age cannot seem to figure out because Inaho=awesome?! By that logic the Doctor could climb into a mech and magically heal all PTSD, because he is good at medicine.

And he did not have the robotic eye in season one and he is just as good because (once again) we have seen no change in his piloting ability. He could still have his old eye, and would be exactly the same. How do I know? Because he is EXACTLY THE SAME.

The only way your explanation makes sense is if EVERYONE is incredibly stupid and I do not want to believe that. What is this? Blazing Saddles?! Is Inaho, Cleavon Little's character? There are two explanations: yours, that Inaho is a normal guy that is just good at physics OR the possibility that he has some condition that makes him this way/some special training that allowed him to have all these abilities.

In a choice between bad writing of a lifeless character and a cliche mecha genre trope...I would pick the latter. But that is just my personal taste.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
monster

Soma Taozi wrote:We ASSUME that the eye COULD help him make faster calculations. But we have yet to really see that in action.
Actually, we see that every time his eye makes calculations for him automatically just by looking. That doesn't mean there will be major improvement every time he uses it.
You have said that before...and that makes absolutely no sense. Does no one take physics in the future?
Well, apparently, not everyone did, or rather, even if they did, not everyone had the chance to try to figure it out during battle. So in essence, Inaho is also a kind of a genius and there is a certain "luck" factor to it, as with any other endeavor. That is the obvious and simplest explanation for now. Even Slaine was apparently wrong about why the sky is blue. (I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what the show presents.)

To me, actions like Inaho turning on the Aldnoah drive need explicit explanations, not something like this.
And he did not have the robotic eye in season one and he is just as good because (once again) we have seen no change in his piloting ability. He could still have his old eye, and would be exactly the same. How do I know? Because he is EXACTLY THE SAME.
Actually, we don't know that because he didn't fight the same people with the same abilities. Could the old Inaho have managed to survive Slaine with his new kat?
The only way your explanation makes sense is if EVERYONE is incredibly stupid
Not stupid, but merely ignorant of certain knowledge of physics. Although panic is also a factor, so Inaho's calmness also helps.
In a choice between bad writing of a lifeless character and a cliche mecha genre trope...I would pick the latter. But that is just my personal taste.
Sure, I just see plenty of life in Inaho so that comparison doesn't even apply for me, not to mention the quality of writing usually affects my enjoyment of the entirety of the story, rather than a portion, or even a character.
domino

Inaho used his eye's calculations in order to shoot down the Vers enemies despite the wind. It helps him make those super-accurate attacks.
Amion

domino wrote:Inaho used his eye's calculations in order to shoot down the Vers enemies despite the wind. It helps him make those super-accurate attacks.
But um, wasn't he doing super-accurate stuff before in S1? I admit I want to see him do something special with the eye. And yes, having him possess a special condition would be well received.

*Goes to watch* Still enjoying the series though, and my Tharsis despite how much it's hated. :cry:

Edit:
Spoiler
Oooh, the Tharsis and Slaine are indeed being badass again. It's worth watching just for the Versians. :)

Actually, I found Inaho to be not only tolerable this episode, but indeed he's showing some credible emotion. That hospital scene. :cry:

Now I really want to see his battery pack or whatever malfunction so we can see just how bad off he is without his cybernetics. He may be no more powerful than before, but what happens when his crutches are removed, so to speak?

And I feel sorry for the nice count this episode. Shame he got taken down. At least he was trying to do something other than scheme like Lord Twirlyhair and his quick-witted friend.
Compass

Obviously he had to use the eye to correct for the Coriolis effect because the shot was such a long distance that the earth would turn in the time it took the bullet to reach the target, guys. :roll:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Lord Dearche

On the note of that eye, why have it? Inaho was amazing before he got it. I wish we noticed a detectable level of change in his piloting ability. If he was suddenly able to fight by himself in this season while in the previous he worked as a team, that would make sense...but really, the only thing it has done is given him the ability to detect lies and to analyze things without emotion...because that is such a HUGE departure from before.
He has to have it because he was shot through said original eye, and suffered massive brain trauma. The eye is essentially a censor and imput device for machines now implanted into Nao's brain to restore proper brain function. Which he can seemingly control mentally since they're hard wired directly into his brain as well as let him link up the earth forces computers. The fact that his head was shaved when he woke up means they did massive brain surgery. And it's Slain who needed the help. In a straight fight, Nao would murder him. He would have already if not for Tharsis magic predictability.

The device is probably akin to something similar to Accelerators collar in Index that links him to the Sisters Network.
Soma Taozi

Lord Dearche wrote:
He has to have it because he was shot through said original eye, and suffered massive brain trauma. The eye is essentially a censor and imput device for machines now implanted into Nao's brain to restore proper brain function. Which he can seemingly control mentally since they're hard wired directly into his brain as well as let him link up the earth forces computers. The fact that his head was shaved when he woke up means they did massive brain surgery. And it's Slain who needed the help. In a straight fight, Nao would murder him. He would have already if not for Tharsis magic predictability.

The device is probably akin to something similar to Accelerators collar in Index that links him to the Sisters Network.
"I am talking less about the logic in the show and more about the writing. If this was real life, you would want to get Inaho back to full strength.

But my point is that their has been little to no change in Inaho's fighting ability, so much so that it calls the entire eye into question from a writing stand-point. Why did the writers give him an advanced eye? Just to look cool (yes)? The show has yet to point out anything the eye actually does in combat. Its like if Andy in Gundam Seed Destiny showing the fans that he has a gun arm...only to never use it in combat.

We ASSUME that the eye COULD help him make faster calculations. But we have yet to really see that in action. It seems like the eye only exists for Inaho to look awesome...that's all. Could this change? Maybe...but it really seems like the whole point is for him to know that the the Princess is alive. That's all. And for such a massive part of his character design...it really is just a plot device. And a silly one at that."

^All this was what I said before to Monster...it was faster just to copy and paste.

And here is a fun game, someone describe to me Inaho WITHOUT saying what he looks like, what kind of outfit he wears, or what his profession or role was in Aldnoah Zero. Describe Inaho to me like I have never watched Aldnoah Zero.

If you can do that without telling me how emotionless he is...I will admit that he is an actual character. And not some wish-fulfillment device that is essentially Neo from the Matrix: A blank slate we can project our own hopes and dreams on...

Yes, I still find this show enjoyable. I just am hating Inaho more and more with every passing episode.

-Me, 7/19/2020
monster

Amion wrote:But um, wasn't he doing super-accurate stuff before in S1?
Perhaps, but would he have been able to do them at the precision and speed level that he would need to when going against the Tharsis? I'm not sure if any of the kats he fought in season 1 was relatively near as fast as the Tharsis.
Lord Dearche wrote:And it's Slain who needed the help. In a straight fight, Nao would murder him. He would have already if not for Tharsis magic predictability.
Even if we grant that assertion, the fact of the matter is that Slaine chronologically obtained the Tharsis first. So it is still Inaho who needs the help in response to the Tharsis.
Soma Taozi wrote:And here is a fun game, someone describe to me Inaho WITHOUT saying what he looks like, what kind of outfit he wears, or what his profession or role was in Aldnoah Zero. Describe Inaho to me like I have never watched Aldnoah Zero.

If you can do that without telling me how emotionless he is...I will admit that he is an actual character. And not some wish-fulfillment device that is essentially Neo from the Matrix: A blank slate we can project our own hopes and dreams on...
Inaho is a private person who cares about others and has the conviction to do what he knows he can do to help them, although he has yet to learn to do them to the satisfaction of those he is trying to help as, in his attempts to help, he could be stubborn and may even appear impulsive and careless.